Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Harassment At Police Check Point - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Harassment At Police Check Point (298 Views)

#ENDSARS: Elderly Woman Slapped By Police For Pointing At Police Station / Kenyan Woman Arrested For Raping Boy At Police Station They Were Detained In / Udala, UnilagOlodo Rape Accuser, Refuses To Show At Police Station (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harassment At Police Check Point by gabolak(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
On my way to church for a vigil last night, around NUD road in Abeokuta, I ran into a check point of men of @PoliceNG.

It was already dark out there as there was power outage. No street lights and no ray of light from vehicle coming from the opposite direction.

I carried my younger brother who is physically challenged on the bike with me. We both put on our white garments.

All of a sudden and from different angles far ahead, like six ray of light from torch just came straight into my eyes.
At that instant, I was monetarily blind. I nearly lost my balance and I had to slow down.

So I approached the spot from where the ray of light was emanating from with caution and fear.

Low and behold, I got there to discover that they were policemen.

I stopped and greeted them. Then I was forced to register my displeasure at the way they pointed their torch directly into my eyes. That it almost cause an accident for us.

That was how all of them descended on us and they started harassing us.
One of them removed the key of the bike while another one forced my brother to get off the bike not minding his condition.

I was baffled with their attitudes towards us. Then I asked if there was really anything wrong with me complaining about their actions.

They said my offence was that I was trying to teach them how to do their job.

They delayed us for God's know time there and after much begging, we were let go.
Re: Harassment At Police Check Point by hisgrace090: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
Sorry for running into mentally challenged people.
Re: Harassment At Police Check Point by slimzybeauty(f): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
Please, for no just reason, don't reply a policeman or any man with a gun to avoid stories that touch. You may be right but in Nigeria, what is right is not always right in the presence of such folks. You would have just greeted and moved on.

(1) (Reply)

19-year Old Nigerian Woman Stabs 30-year Old Brother To Death Over Music / Update: Police Deny Killing Lagos Cleaner - Read The Statement Here / Breaking: Police Invite Timi, Busola Dakolo Over Alleged Falsehood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.