Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches (547 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by damzy88: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
Good evening nairalanders,

I am a christian but I am deeply worried by the high number of Pastors that sound like motivational speakers. Is it a ploy to sound different or just the biblical saying in 2 Timothy 4:3-4 that is being fulfilled?

The thoughts of the elders will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by captianfreeman(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
Well said.
Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by UceeGod: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Motivational speakers now call themselves into pastoral ministries to get more audience. If you come across any preacher that emphasizes prosperity, success, healing, deliverance, miracles, etc more than righteousness and holiness in Christ, my brother run from them, they are end time preachers.

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by Righteousness89(m): 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
In as Much as there are Motivational Speakers Parading as Pastors, There are also Men of GOD with the Raw and Undiluted Messages ...

It depends on you and what you desire

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by damzy88: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
UceeGod:
Motivational speakers now call themselves into pastoral ministries to get more audience. If you come across any preacher that emphasizes prosperity, success, healing, deliverance, miracles, etc more than righteousness and holiness in Christ, my brother run from them, they are end time preachers.
You have said it all. I know many that started as motivational speakers that suddenly bacame pastors. Thanks for your inputs. I just want others to drop their thoughts as regards this funny trend. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by otipoju(m): 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Its been going on for a long while now.
Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by ShakurMY(m): 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
Good afternoon, you send me a mail but I couldn't see it.
Re: The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches by millennialaku2: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
hi
you tried to mail me ?

(1) (Reply)

Night Sky Yesterday / Understand The Bible In Less Than 30 Minutes (by Truthunedited) / Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.