Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa (27259 Views)

John Mikel Obi Retires From Football / Cameroon Coach Seedorf Reveals His Major Worry Ahead Of Clash Vs Nigeria / John Mikel Obi: Biography, Net Worth, Salary, Age, And Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by uvie66: 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chiwude:
Dude is finished, yet played for Middlesbrough. Dude is finished, yet recently signed a three year deal with Trabonspor. Mikel is not finished, his performance hasn't been great in this AFCON due to injuries.
Like I said, stop the hating and pray to be successful as Obi Mikel.
Who is Trabonspor.....
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by jaxxy(m): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2019
If mikel isn’t fit he shudnt start.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by uvie66: 12:03am On Jul 08, 2019
bankylan:

Mikel has achieved all in his career....He is married, rich , and can afford to live anywhere , buy anything, and has a name that is known all over the world. Ask your family members if they won't trade you for Mikel any day. Be ashamed of your personal failure. Someone like Fabregas has huge respect for Mikel, and Mikel is less concerned about a poor and broken boy like u with no identity.
Same with Sanchez who is on 500k Week in Man U, but he is rubbish, or Lukaku
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by joshmee4real(m): 12:04am On Jul 08, 2019
freemanbubble:

I tire o

I dey shame for that boy
Back pass master and also slow like injured snail or injured sloth

Who go believe say na him and them Fernando Llorent, David Silva, Cesc Fàbregas, Roberto Jimenes, Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero, juanfran, radamel falcao, Felipe Luis were age mate and even played youth ball together

I dey shame for that boy i swear
Especially in a game where the likes of Taiye Taiwo, Sanni Keita, Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke are doing very well in their respective clubs and have won a lot of medals, and Titles. and are now playing for the Superior eagles not Super Eagles again.
Till this monent , I m still wondering What has a black man done to his fellow Black men
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by yemiosinbajo: 12:18am On Jul 08, 2019
damosky12:
Nigerian fans and their traditional unstable and wobbly emotions... grin
It is a little bit too uncritical to judge Mikel because of his recent bad days with the SE... One thing you can not take away from him is His capacity to deliver in the Big games...
This is one of the keys behind several successes of the Super Eagles.. He can deliver when it matters.
LMAO
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by joshmee4real(m): 12:22am On Jul 08, 2019
Chubhie:

Some blame Mourinho for altering his game. His game might have improved if he had joined Manchester united and not that madness he caused between Chelsea and United. I think it was more about the cash for him. Well, he made the cash tho.
Lol. I know they are Man U Fans. Still pained that Mikel Snubbed them.You guys should Forgive biko.
Meanwhile, There was a certain Anderson in your team. Where is he nw? I guess with Brazil national team in the Copa America

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 12:43am On Jul 08, 2019
Chiwude:
Dude is finished, yet played for Middlesbrough. Dude is finished, yet recently signed a three year deal with Trabonspor. Mikel is not finished, his performance hasn't been great in this AFCON due to injuries.
Like I said, stop the hating and pray to be successful as Obi Mikel.

Poverty is a disease

He was brought to Boro to help use his expertise to promote to premiership .,the guy single handedly destroyed Boro. Boro that was initially 3rd did not even make play off at the end of the season .

Trabonspor ko Alagbonspor ni

3 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by kiddkash(m): 1:00am On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:
we need Mikel to slow down the tempo of the game against bafana banana ... we can't join them to run like Headless chicken , we need some one to tell them the direction to run and stabile the team where its necessary , ... he was issued against cameroun .... mikel was supposed to replace IWOBI in that encounter
finally someone who understands football. they just think you will press for the entire 90 minutes. you need someone who will pick up the pace if the game is slow and slow the game if it too fast just like Michael carrick did at Manchester united

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:34am On Jul 08, 2019
kiddkash:

finally someone who understands football. they just think you will press for the entire 90 minutes. you need someone who will pick up the pace if the game is slow and slow the game if it too fast just like Michael carrick did at Manchester united

Yeah typical Nigeria mentality
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by class0247: 1:37am On Jul 08, 2019
Nigerians are very funny, once Mikel perform very well you will see everybody praising him. We need him to stabilize the mid field weather you like it or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by BENEAMATA: 1:41am On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:
we need Mikel to slow down the tempo of the game against bafana banana ... we can't join them to run like Headless chicken , we need some one to tell them the direction to run and stabile the team where its necessary , ...
my man , you know your game ! a FIT mikel , will be a big minus for the bafana where we have pacy , tricky wingers in musa and chukwueze on the wings . see the way the south africans were closing down the egyptian midfielders with all their guile as well as how uncoordinated our m/fielders were made to play in our match with them in the first leg of our nations cup qualifier in nigeria without mikel . now contrast that midfield perfomance to that of the return leg where the eagles returning captain was virtually at the base of every dangerous move that carved the bafana defence open time and again and only dubious officiating robbed us of a win . We will need BALANCE and STABILITY in a m/field the bafana wil aim to crowd
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:50am On Jul 08, 2019
BENEAMATA:
my man , you know your game ! a FIT mikel , will be a big minus for the bafana where we have pacy , tricky wingers in musa and chukwueze on the wings . see the way the south africans were closing down the egyptian midfielders with all their guile as well as how uncoordinated our m/fielders were made to play in our match with them in the first leg of our nations cup qualifier in nigeria without mikel . now contrast that midfield perfomance to that of the return leg where the eagles returning captain was virtually at the base of every dangerous move that carved the bafana defence open time and again and only dubious officiating robbed us of a win . We will need BALANCE and STABILITY in a m/field the bafana wil aim to crowd

No we don't need him
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:51am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
BENEAMATA:
[/s]

Trash
Garbage
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:51am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
BENEAMATA:
[/s]

angry
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:52am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
class0247:
Nigerians are very funny, once Mikel perform very well you will see everybody praising him. We need him to stabilize the mid field weather you like it or not
[/s]

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:52am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
kiddkash:

[/s]

angry angry
[s]
joshmee4real:

Especially in a game where the likes of Taiye Taiwo, Sanni Keita, Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke are doing very well in their respective clubs and have won a lot of medals, and Titles. and are now playing for the Superior eagles not Super Eagles again.
Till this monent , I m still wondering What has a black man done to his fellow Black men
[/s]

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 1:55am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
ackim:
The midfielder has overcome a knee problem and could be set to give Gernot Rohr a major boost as the Super Eagles prepare for Stuart Baxter’s men

Nigeria captain Obi Mikel has handed coach Gernot Rohr a selection boost ahead of their Africa Cup of Nations quarterfinal against South Africa.

The Super Eagles midfielder took part in light training during the team’s recovery session on Sunday morning, seven days after he limped out of Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Madagascar.

With this development, Rohr would be positive about his chances of playing against Bafana Bafana for a place in Afcon semifinal on Wednesday.

He had given a positive update to the press after his men silenced Cameroon in Saturday’s Round of 16 encounter in Alexandria.

“Mikel is trying to run already, so we will see if he could be fit one time for [South Africa] clash,” he said.

Shehu Abdullahi, meanwhile, could be considered for selection after recovering from a hamstring injury suffered against Burundi.

“We hope that Shehu [Abdullahi] can come back, he was on the bench [against Cameroon],” Rohr continued.

“Right now, I’m very happy that we have competition for positions in the team, it us choices to make incase other players are tired or injured.”

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/president-muhammadu-buhari-signs-africa_7.html?m=1

[/s]

Rubbish angry
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by BENEAMATA: 2:17am On Jul 08, 2019
joshmee4real:

Lol. I know they are Man U Fans. Still pained that Mikel Snubbed them.You guys should Forgive biko.
Meanwhile, There was a certain Anderson in your team. Where is he nw? I guess with Brazil national team in the Copa America
my man , really impressed with your rebuttal , been saying the exact same thing when they bring their tired and quite weak " mourinho maimed mikel " narrative . i mean didn't a certain man utd manager opt for a right back to play midfield ahead of pogba when they had injury crisis in midfield ? or tom cleverly breaking into the team ahead of pogba ? and lets put aside how the career of anderson ( a boy so good , he won the best player of U17 FIFA world cup despite playing just the three group stage matches due to injury ) played out in MU , can they name just three black players that played the no 10 role for a top team in the class of man utd , bayern ,real barca. Juve , psg et al in europe past and present ? Oya make we reason am .

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by holllandis: 2:54am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
BENEAMATA:
my man , really impressed with your rebuttal , been saying the exact same thing when they bring their tired and quite weak " mourinho maimed mikel " narrative . i mean didn't a certain man utd manager opt for a right back to play midfield aheafd of pogba when they had injury crisis in midfield ? or tom cleverly breaking into the team ahead of pogba ? and lets put aside how the career of anderson ( a boy so good , he won the best player of U17 FIFA world cup despite playing just the three group stage matches due to injury ) played out in MU , can they name just three black players that played the no 10 role for a top team in the class of man utd , bayern ,real barca. Juve , psg et al in europe past and present ? Oya make we reason am .
[/s]

Lubbish
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by savirihno(m): 3:02am On Jul 08, 2019
he's so lazy
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Anyad231: 3:33am On Jul 08, 2019
Mikel should ginger d boys from d sidelines...we don't need his slow pattern.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by RixExpat: 3:42am On Jul 08, 2019
holllandis:
God punish devil angry

Useless Mikel wants to spoil the little progress we had without him

What is his own?

Seriously, we don't need him at this time. He doesn't have that fire and push to win. He appears very slow and doesn't seem to be under pressure to win. I wasn't surprised that Bonfree Joe, our former coach said the same thing a few days ago in an interview he granted either TVC or Channels TV (not sure of the TV station). I have this fear if he plays, we may end up losing that match. I was happy when I read in the news that he may not play till the end of the tournament. We need players that have a sense of urgency and fire on the inside to win and are ready to go all out to give us the victory we need at this critical moment.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 08, 2019
He Shud Come On As A Sub In The 85th Min Please.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by ofiko123(m): 4:12am On Jul 08, 2019
Nice one...
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Jabioro: 4:19am On Jul 08, 2019
Moment Obi enter the bitch that is the end..Shior..the game will be "dabaru".
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Charmingpet: 4:53am On Jul 08, 2019
This must be a joke, I totally he won't be playing due to injury. We don't want him o he is a bad luck.

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by femi4: 5:12am On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:
we need Mikel to slow down the tempo of the game against bafana banana ... we can't join them to run like Headless chicken , we need some one to tell them the direction to run and stabile the team where its necessary , ... he was issued against cameroun .... mikel was supposed to replace IWOBI in that encounter
That's why we don't need him, you can't break a defensive team by slowing down the attack .

There is a huge difference between slowing down the tempo of the game and slowing down the attack
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 08, 2019
I don't think Mikel will be feature against SA.He is just training with the team.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:
Slowing the game will make us lose.Did they slow against Cameroon.Aggressive football is what super eagles need.
Re: John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa by semyman: 6:06am On Jul 08, 2019
John Obi Mikel is surplus to the present requirement.
That guy is overrated, always lagging.
He can no longer hold the mid field together neither can he feed the strikers with needed timeous passes.
If you play Mikel against the Bafana Bafana in this quarter final, Super Eagles will be out.
Save this post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina President Fernandez Urges Messi To Return Home / Luka Modrić: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Ballon D’or Winner / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2019 CAF Women's Best Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.