Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf (7154 Views)

Maigari Dingyadi: Buhari Committed To Achieving Peace In Nigeria / Osinbajo: Buhari Committed To Nigeria’s Progress / ‘FG To Lift 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 2020’ - Zainab Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Racoon(m): 12:54am On Jul 08, 2019
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha has said the administration of president Muhammadu Buhari, has begun putting in place institutional structures to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in the next 10 years.

Mustapha who spoke to journalists in Yola on Sunday, at the Yola International Airport, also considered his reappointment by Buhari as confirmation of the confidence the President reposed in him in his discharge of the duties of the office of the SGF.

According to him, the pledge by the president to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty, which he made, in his democracy Day Broadcast, is one of the boldest statement to have ever been made by any president.

He said he was convinced that the pledge is not a ruse because the administration has already set in motion an agenda to redeem that pledge. He also urged every patriotic Nigerian to key into the government’s plans and cooperate with the administration and make it feasible.

“It is the boldest statement coming from the President. The president has already set the agenda to redeem that pledge by providing an institutional framework that will encourage lending to small and medium scale enterprises.”

The SGF, who also stated that there has been a remarkable improvement in security across the country, noted that he had nothing against those who also wanted his seat.

He pointed out that he personally did not consider the aspirations of anyone who wanted his seat as SGF ‘altogether negative’.

He however said, he was thrilled, overwhelmed and excited by his re-appointment, adding that he considered it a confirmation of the confidence President Muhammadu Buhari reposed in him piloting the affairs of state as Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

“The last couple of days I have been weighed down by the enormity of the responsibility of the office and the trust that has been bestowed in my hands. But I am also conscious this is a trust, I must do everything consciously to honour God and the president for the confidence reposed in me in piloting the affairs of state as SGF.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/224562/%3famp_markup=1

1 Share

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by F117nighthawk: 1:02am On Jul 08, 2019
All these dullards that are bereft of ideas talking rubbish, abi na through RUGA or PASTORAL NORMADISM he want to take 100 million Nigerians out of poverty.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Benekruku(m): 1:03am On Jul 08, 2019
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Sincerely, Call him a snail and I would agree. But we Nigeria moved at this snail speed for the 16years of PDP rule, we definitely would not find ourselves where we stand today.

Slow and steady, we would get to that spot, where we outrightly belong.

Once again, God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by FarahAideed: 1:08am On Jul 08, 2019
How? Can a snail lead a horse in a horse race?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Kingosytex(m): 1:10am On Jul 08, 2019
Buhari should be more concerned about lifting his brothers and kinsmen from poverty. From the illiterate almajiris scattered all over the north to his brothers who are littered all over the country begging for alms

Those guys are constituting societal and enviromental menace

59 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Racoon(m): 1:16am On Jul 08, 2019
TheCable understands that at least three million Nigerians have slipped into extreme poverty between November 2018 and February 2019.

According to the World Poverty Clock, created by Vienna-based World Data Lab, 91.16 million Nigerians were living below a dollar a day as of February 13, 2019.

In June 2018, the Brookings Institution projected that Nigeria had overtaken India, as the poverty capital of the world, with 86.9 million extremely poor people.

This was further confirmed by the British Prime Minister Theresa May, who said Nigeria had become home to the largest number of very poor people in the world, putting the figures at 87 million.

Today, India has 48.7 million people living in poverty, from 73 million in June 2018. By implication, India has pulled out a minimum of 24 million people from poverty in less than eight months
https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-91-million-nigerians-now-living-in-extreme-poverty/amp

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Racoon(m): 1:17am On Jul 08, 2019
No blueprint or steady economy yet having lofty imaginations.Meanwhile all the social intervention programs(SIPs) of the govt are all enmeshed in corruption.From the school meal, N-Power, agric enpowerment schemes.I guess these dumbskulls in government think every Nigerian is a zombie.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Racoon(m): 1:28am On Jul 08, 2019
[s]
Benekruku:
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) Sincerely, Call him a snail and I would agree. But we Nigeria moved at this snail speed for the 16 years of PDP rule, we definitely would not find ourselve where we stand today.

Slow and steady, we would get to that spot, where we outrightly belong.Once again, God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)
[/s]

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by sorom4: 2:08am On Jul 08, 2019
How is he planning to do it? Is it possible with no economical blue-print or with his failure to appoint right minds into the Ministerial positions?

Talkie-Talkie Government

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by stonemasonn: 4:30am On Jul 08, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]
PDP misrule, PDP misrule...what about the mess the military put us in before PDP came in and set us in the path of progress.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by exlinklodge: 5:13am On Jul 08, 2019
Chai

I feel like vomiting.....

What kind of blatant lie is this this morning?

Oh, maybe we are talking about 100 million cow rearers aka Fulani Herdsmen

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by sloye5(m): 5:16am On Jul 08, 2019
Very funny

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by rentAcock(m): 5:16am On Jul 08, 2019
Making bold statements with no concrete plans is what our politicians are famous for. What we need right now is a 1 child policy like in China. Too many families having kids they cannot care for. Then we need constant electricity to attract foreign investors to build out factories and plants. The West hates China's newly found assertiveness but they are addicted to cheap Chinese labour and effective industries. We need to make a pitch to the West to move some of their production to Nigeria.We have a young and very affordable workforce that's hungry to acquire the necessary skills needed to do the job, but without constant electricity, and the 1 child policywe there might be 200 million more Nigerians living in poverty by 2029.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by sorom4: 5:17am On Jul 08, 2019
How? We have heard about this since 2015 but all we have seen is the opposite.

Talkie-Talkie Government

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Successmind(m): 5:17am On Jul 08, 2019
Like the way he lifted 200million in the first regime grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 08, 2019
stupidest thing I've read since Adam!...

you can't give what you don't have...

seun pls CALL YOUR MODS to ORDER,

this comic relief should be strictly RESTRICTED to the JOKES SECTION.....or ELSE, what happened in 1804 will repeat itself o!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by HumanHairLovers(f): 5:23am On Jul 08, 2019
Relax guys

I'm not sure that sentence is finished. He'd soon add, "I would have done it, if not for Jonathan and PDP" embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Bossontop(m): 5:23am On Jul 08, 2019
undecided
Who listens to this promise and fail buhari anymore.......mtcheeww
Ma clean dis rubbish talk comot from ma ears

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by vineyardfarms: 5:25am On Jul 08, 2019
[quote author=Racoon post=80046356]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/224562/%3famp_mHOW? WHEN? OR JUST ANOTHER LIES? SNAIL GOVT HEADING NIGERIA TO ANOTHER RECCESSION..
Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by joncom(m): 5:25am On Jul 08, 2019
Another lie please

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by abbaapple: 5:28am On Jul 08, 2019
angry

Obiiiiii!!! This Boss Mustapha is something else!!! This Monday morning Abeg mame this man no vex me! lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 08, 2019
The President cares for the stomachs of his cows than human wellbeing.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by shedy03(m): 5:34am On Jul 08, 2019
yes buhari will borrow billions of $ from China as usual to implement this
Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by BankyGee(m): 5:36am On Jul 08, 2019
I'm not a fan of Buhari at all, but when the president says something positive, try to say something positive too. That way, and ONLY that way, Nigeria will grow. Shalom. Lemme get out of here...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by don4real18(m): 5:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Through Ruga? grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:49am On Jul 08, 2019
Nice one from SGF
Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Lovelyn451(f): 5:49am On Jul 08, 2019
And what happens to the others??killed? So he knew 100m Nigerians are living in poverty

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by AerialMapper: 5:51am On Jul 08, 2019
Buhari committed to lifting 100 million FULANI out of poverty by establishing RUGA settlements nationwide and awarding bogus contracts.

All headlines with no content to back it up

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Abeymills(m): 5:53am On Jul 08, 2019
For all d pain n misery u caused me n my family buhari u and all ur supporters will get double of it my life was fine until u became d president even from a distance u reek of evil now ur intentions are clear u determine wat happen in d lives of millions of Nigerians but u choose to destroy our lives n happiness God will judge u

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53am On Jul 08, 2019
GOD BLESS OUR DARLING PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by helinues: 5:55am On Jul 08, 2019
100 million out of poverty...

Oga ade, dey lie small small now

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Committed To Lifting 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty-sgf by Firefire(m): 6:01am On Jul 08, 2019
Abeymills:
For all d pain n misery u caused me n my family buhari u and all ur supporters will get double of it my life was fine until u became d president even from a distance u reek of evil now ur intentions are clear u determine wat happen in d lives of millions of Nigerians but u choose to destroy our lives n happiness God will judge u

Amen!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Ghanaian Nana Akufo-Addo On His Re-Election / Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation / AIT Documentary On Buhari's Regime:Nemesis Has Caught Up With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.