Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day (18505 Views)

Tribunal Delivering Judgement When Tinubu Won’t Be In The Country / Flight Lt Elijah Karatu Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Kaduna (photos) / Esther Asabe Karatu: My Faith Reason for Non-confirmation, Petitions NJC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by gistvicreports: 2:43am On Jul 08, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Honourable Justice Elizabeth Asabe Karatu of the Kebbi State High Court gets humiliated and blocked on her last day from delivery a judgement. Gistvic Reports.

We could recall, Governor Atiku Bagudu’s refused to confirm Honourable Justice Karatu as substantive chief judge of the state because:

1. Alteration of date of birth from 9 May 1952 to 9 May 1954;
2. Alteration of date of issue of the Certificate from 12 January 1966 to 12 January 1967; and
3. Alteration of the year of completion of primary school from 1966 to 1967.

And also, the house found that the Declaration of Age presented to the House by Justice Karatu contained a different date from the conflicting dates contained on the Primary School Leaving Certificate.

We could also recall, Elizabeth Karatu accused Atiku Bagudu, the governor, of refusing to confirm her as substantive judge because of her religious affiliation.

Honourable Justice Karatu was stopped by security men as she tried to enter the premises on her last day.

She was heard saying:
"I have a judgement, its my right. Today is my last day here.

Watch Video:
Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/honourable-justice-karatu-of-kebbi.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by babdap: 3:37am On Jul 08, 2019
This is disgusting

14 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by winfy11(m): 5:17am On Jul 08, 2019
Evil men at work

9 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by chieyine(m): 5:18am On Jul 08, 2019
How Democracies Die.

14 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by Agromuda(m): 5:18am On Jul 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by gboyetade: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2019
Two factors working against her

1. Alteration

2. Political interest

11 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by Guzel: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2019
This lady suffer pass onoghen but no media to hear her gist.
But why lie when u are a judge

19 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by HumanHairLovers(f): 5:22am On Jul 08, 2019
Naija & it's intricacies
Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by yemison(m): 5:26am On Jul 08, 2019
Where r d women right fighters? Make dem come wrestle out dis one n also call d UN on d mata,

Dis is politics n religious sentiment.

4 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by FarahAideed: 5:29am On Jul 08, 2019
They looked for the slightest dirt on her to get her out of the way because of her religion

10 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by timilehing(m): 5:29am On Jul 08, 2019
#NextLevel nìyẹn
Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by Autotech312(m): 5:31am On Jul 08, 2019
Where are the female activist, they won't come out for this one now but if somebody scream rape they'll all jump out.

9 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by unmask: 5:31am On Jul 08, 2019
If she altered her certificates as claimed, then she has no moral right to be a judge.....if on the other hand, she didn't alter anything or she has not been charged for the alterations, then they had no right stopping her

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by obxddon(m): 5:37am On Jul 08, 2019
yemison:
Where r d women right fighters? Make dem come wrestle out dis one n also call d UN on d mata,

God bless you,this kind one them no go carry placard go protest na to protest sexual escapade wey happen 17years ago them go protest.

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by eagleeye2: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2019
He who comes to equity, must come. with clean hands

3 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53am On Jul 08, 2019
There was a country

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by focus7: 5:59am On Jul 08, 2019
I am a Christian i have read criticism from different quarters how the governor denied the confirmation of the woman as the substantive Chief judge of the state and i believed then but with the 4 points of falsification allegations against her there's no point playing the card of religion sentiment here, her disqualification, denial and humiliation is justify.

17 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 08, 2019
The judiciary under APC has been reduced to toothless dogs and zombie puppets. The judiciary was the last hope for the future we all yearned for as we travelled the world round. Right now, we are celebrating the destruction of the last pillar of any functional democracy

The emasculation of our judiciary began with raids into judges apartments without due process followed. We cheered them on because we were told they are corrupt

They refused to appoint the nominated Justice and we were quiet because he wasn't from our tribe

The final onslaught began when on spurious charges, weeks to an election, a sitting Chief Justice of the supreme court was removed and a puppet appointed at the behest of the cabal to ensure Buhari's rigged election isn't reversed.

Normally, I blame our leaders, but recently, I have come to see that it is the youths of this country that cheer the wanton destruction of their collective futures most times out of intellectual laziness and other times out of selfish greed

For those trying to justify the evil... as usual, continue.

The truth remains that there is no judge in this country that will come out squeky clean if a spotlight is beamed on them. If you check, the governor probably has no clean record anywhere

3 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by straighttalk(m): 6:09am On Jul 08, 2019
The country slowly but surely sliding into state of ....

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by Jubiliee: 6:10am On Jul 08, 2019
Guzel:

If she can lie under oath then her judgement is invalid. Let's chase substance than shadow

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by vedaxcool(m): 6:16am On Jul 08, 2019
Sad, but she should have respected herself

2 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by RichBoy247: 6:18am On Jul 08, 2019
babdap:
This is disgusting

Disgusting that a judge has conflicting dates on her certificates or disgusting that the judge is not in jail?

2 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by RichBoy247: 6:22am On Jul 08, 2019
yemison:

Political sentiment that she does not know her age or religious sentiment that she does not know when she graduated from school?

3 Likes

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by AnanseK(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2019
FarahAideed:
They looked for the slightest dirt on her to get her out of the way because of her religion

Nonsense. This is a straightforward case of fraud if you have a single molecule of Justice in your make up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by RealLordZeus(m): 6:24am On Jul 08, 2019
RichBoy247:

Political sentiment that she does not know her age or religious sentiment that she does not know when she graduated from school?
God bless u front and back, I wonder if there are any saint in Nigeria political atmosphere, u used football age and someone is using that to hold your neck, but u know Nigerians are gullible and divisive along religions line, so u accused the governor of being biased.

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by AnanseK(m): 6:26am On Jul 08, 2019
Dov3:
The judiciary under APC has been reduced to toothless dogs and zombie puppets. The judiciary was the last hope for the future we all yearned for as we travelled the world round. Right now, we are celebrating the destruction of the last pillar of any functional democracy

The emasculation of our judiciary began with raids into judges apartments without due process followed. We cheered them on because we were told they are corrupt

They refused to appoint the nominated Justice and we were quiet because he wasn't from our tribe

The final onslaught began when on spurious charges, weeks to an election, a sitting Chief Justice of the supreme court was removed and a puppet appointed at the behest of the cabal to ensure Buhari's rigged election isn't reversed.

Normally, I blame our leaders, but recently, I have come to see that it is the youths of this country that cheer the wanton destruction of their collective futures most times out of intellectual laziness and other times out of selfish greed

For those trying to justify the evil... as usual, continue.

The truth remains that there is no judge in this country that will come out squeky clean if a spotlight is beamed on them. If you check, the governor probably has no clean record anywhere

Are you advocating for the abolition of justice altogether? How can a proven fraudulent judge who has lied under oath be your state chief judge simply because she is a Christian? Does Christianity support lies and fraud?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by Yohh: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2019
focus7:
I am a Christian i have read criticism from different quarters how the governor denied the confirmation of the woman as substantive Chief judge of state and i believed then but with the 4 points of falsification allegations against her there's no point playing the card of religion sentiment here, her disqualification, denial and humiliation is justify.
...yet political and unfortunately, she has no case. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands

I'm a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by felixray2010(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2019
No be human being she be? I hate her profession
Guzel:
Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by AnanseK(m): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2019
You call her Honorable Justice. What is is honorable about her actions and is it really just to lie under oath and falsify official documents?
You guys are only trying to tie up a bundle of shit and you will only end up with a filthy rope. I will not trust this woman to be my house girl, because she is not honest. How can she be a chief judge just because she said she is a Christian?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by adaweezy(m): 6:40am On Jul 08, 2019
unmask:
If she altered her certificates as claimed, then she has no moral right to be a judge.....if on the other hand, she didn't alter anything or she has not been charged for the alterations, then they had no right stopping her
That is not for the assembly to decide. It's for NJC to decide.
Re: Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day by adaweezy(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2019
focus7:
I am a Christian i have read criticism from different quarters how the governor denied the confirmation of the woman as substantive Chief judge of state and i believed then but with the 4 points of falsification allegations against her there's no point playing the card of religion sentiment here, her disqualification, denial and humiliation is justify.
The house has no power to determine that she forged her document

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss / Shareholders Rejoice As Buhari Fires FRC Boss / Now It Is Time For Us To Negotiate With Nnamdi Kanu – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.