Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,009 members, 7,799,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign (940 Views)

Arms Deal Disbursements "I Was Acted On Jonathan's Instructions" .. Dasuki / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Goddex: 8:27am On Oct 10, 2010
Northern leaders on Saturday warned members of the Northern Political Forum led by a former Minister of Finance, Mallam Adamu Ciroma, to desist from making inflammatory statement over the October 1 bombings in Abuja.

The leaders, under the aegis of Northern Political Summit otherwise known as G20, unambiguously condemned the call by Ciroma and his group on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign or be impeached over the Abuja bomb blast.

It will be recalled that Ciroma had stated in a press release on Tuesday that if the President failed to resign before the end of this week, the National Assembly should commence impeachment proceeding against him.

But the northern leaders said the statement credited to Ciroma was not a collective decision of the region, adding that the likes of the former minister should desist from undermining the unity of the country with his provocative and disruptive comments on national issues.

The group also called on the security agencies not to spare provocateurs and those that would want to undermine the nation‘s security with their unpatriotic actions.

The secretary of the group, Alhaji Buahri Bala, stated these in a press statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja.

Members of the group are Chief Soloman Lar, Amb. Hassan Adamu, Amb. Shehu Malami, Prof. Jerry Gana, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, Chief Barnabas Gemade, Sen. Ibrahim Ida, Sen. Bala Mohammed, Prince Abubakar Audu, Dr. Rabiu Kwankaso, Malam Maina Waziri, Engr. Mohammed Abba Gana, Boni Haruna.

Others include Prof. Saad Abubakar, Col. Bala Mande (retd.), Mrs. Magaret Icheen, Chief Mrs. Salome Jakanda, Dr. Christie Silas, Maj. Gen Zamani Lekwot (retd.), Paul Unongo, Alh, Ali Umar and Chief Bayo Ojo (SAN) among several others.

The group said, “Given the serious nature of these tragic events, we denounce, in strong terms, attempts being made by some political leaders to politicize this matter.

“Surely it is far better to work together to move Nigeria away from the quicksand of ethnic and regional politics to the solid rock of national integration based on justice, social harmony and national security.

“People should not attempt to get anything or seek redress illegally or from outside of due process because in a democracy, it is through the ballot that people got elected and not through undemocratic process of incitements, dubious means and unfounded impeachment threats.

“In a country that is striving to fully democratize and insisting on one man one vote, such dubious means should not be allowed.”

On the 2011 general election, the group urged the National Assembly and the Independent National Electoral Commission to promptly resolve any outstanding issues about the programme for the elections.

Meanwhile, a group loyal to the presidency, Congress for Equality and Change, on Friday night, advised the security agencies to arrest Ciroma.

The organisation described Ciroma‘s outburst as clear evidence of plans to destabilise the polity and preempt the results of the 2011 election.

The Chairman of the group, Senator Ameh Ebute, who said this at a press briefing in Abuja, regretted that Mallam Ciroma, who was unable to curtail activities of Boko Haram in his domain, was spearheading the call for the resignation of the President to cause chaos.

Ameh, a Senator in the aborted Third Republic said, “Threatening Mr. President to resign within seven days or be impeached is to say the least clearly a treasonable felony.”

The Congress advised Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnic, religious and political inclinations, to support the president‘s efforts in fighting terrorism, kidnapping and other social vices.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2010
^ When will we be tired of all these Merry-go-round?

Northern Leaders asks jonathan to resign*
Northern Leaders threatens those who threaten Jonathan*
South East leaders endorses Jonathan*
South East leaders disassociates self from any endorsement*

and on and on
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by edoyad(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2010
Unfortunately that's what you get when you let dinosaurs come back from extinction. These guys are over and done with but these "useless print journalists" keep going back to them for god knows what. I hate that generation, they ruined this country and they keep holding it down. If it will break up, let them let it run it's natural course, if it will remain, well so be it.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2010
jabbok:

^ When will we be tired of all these Merry-go-round?

Northern Leaders asks jonathan to resign*
Northern Leaders threatens those who threaten Jonathan*
South East leaders endorses Jonathan*
South East leaders disassociates self from any endorsement*

and on and on

nigerian politics/politicians are closet comedians
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Beaf: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2010
I am almost certain that Ciroma and his gang of bats will be called in by the SSS to explain their evil utterances.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by gregg2: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2010
Jonathan/ Sambo has more support from the North than IBB and Atiku put together.
It's surprising when Ciroma started speaking for the north. And Nigerians cannot be deceived, Ciroma is fighting for his pocket and family NOT north.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2010
Beaf:

I am almost certain that Ciroma and his gang of bats will be called in by the SSS to explain their evil utterances.

Talk about promotion of gestapo tactics!!!!
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by hinduism(f): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2010
Why are they disowning him now? they should keep supporting him yeye people
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by ayinba1(f): 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2010
Beaf:

Dude,
It' s DEMOCRACY! The guy asked for impeachment, He did not invite Boko Haram to his personal home yet GEJ invited terrorists to the STATE HOUSE. Get your priorities straight.

You are becoming very ridiculous with your utterances when it comes to GEJ. Exactly how much are you being paid??

I guess any critic of GEJ- JEGA should be imprisoned then.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by edoyad(m): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2010
^ the guy said they, whatever that means, "would make Nigeria ungovernaale" for GEJ. I don't know bout you but with the schools i've attended so far in my life that statement leads me to undertand that it's indeed a threat.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by ayinba1(f): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2010
@edoyad

Please post where Ciroma said this. I believe that statement was attributed to a different malo and he should be rightly tried for treason.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2010
Chief Soloman Lar, Amb. Hassan Adamu, Amb. Shehu Malami, Prof. Jerry Gana, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, Chief Barnabas Gemade, Sen. Ibrahim Ida, Sen. Bala Mohammed, Prince Abubakar Audu, Dr. Rabiu Kwankaso, Malam Maina Waziri, Engr. Mohammed Abba Gana, Boni Haruna.Prof. Saad Abubakar, Col. Bala Mande (retd.), Mrs. Magaret Icheen, Chief Mrs. Salome Jakanda, Dr. Christie Silas, Maj. Gen Zamani Lekwot (retd.), Paul Unongo, Alh, Ali Umar and Chief Bayo Ojo (SAN) among several other

PLEASE ARE THESE THE PEOPLE YOU CALL NORTHERN LEADERS?

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

THESE PEOPLE  ARE SELL OUTS
WHO KNOW THEM FOR NORTH?

IMPEACHMENT STARTS AT THE END THE MONTH , if GEJ does not apologize.>>>>>>>>>> DEAL WITH IT
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2010
edoyad:

Unfortunately that's what you get when you let dinosaurs come back from extinction. These guys are over and done with but these "useless print journalists" keep going back to them for god knows what. I hate that generation, they ruined this country and they keep holding it down. If it will break up, let them let it run it's natural course, if it will remain, well so be it.
I believe you. Part of our problem is the Nigeria Media. They love to hit up the polity with Jaw-dropping-captions!
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by Beaf: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
ayinba1:

Dude,
It' s DEMOCRACY! The guy asked for impeachment, He did not invite Boko Haram to his personal home yet GEJ invited terrorists to the STATE HOUSE. Get your priorities straight.

You are becoming very ridiculous with your utterances when it comes to GEJ. Exactly how much are you being paid??

I guess any critic of GEJ- JEGA should be imprisoned then.

Anybody threatening to make the country ungovernable is a security risk that needs to be dealt with as the state sees fit. In case the "English" translation of the word "ungovernable" elludes you (not surprising if you don't know the difference between crime and democracy), it is actually a threat to throw the country into a state of anarchy. So, lock em up! cool
We're getting really tired of the gang of old bats who have long since consumed the length of rope given them.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by edoyad(m): 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2010
Who is the ignoramus talking about impeachment ? grin

Let me tell you how it goes. You first have to get 1\3 of the NASS to sign a petition on grave misconduct by president which will then be submitted to David Mark. After some legalities and other constitutional processes you then have to get 2/3 of the NASS to support the indictment if at all the panel constituted by the chief justice finds him guilty of whatever the illiterates are accusing him of.
Re: Northern Leaders Disown Ciroma Over Call On Jonathan To Resign by edoyad(m): 11:38pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ayinba1 i think that statement was in the thread that said something about Ciroma and some other insignificant fellows were calling on Jonathan to resign.

(1) (Reply)

Deposed Ondo Monarch's House 'bombed'; Wife, 3 Children Roasted / Is Our Nigeria Police Force A Curse Or Blissing? / Like Obasanjo, Like Ibb, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.