Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 - Jobs/Vacancies (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 (218933 Views)

Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Graduate Programme 2022 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 Past Questions / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2019
All is well
Ibrahim099:

Of course from your observation, that shows that her cognitive test was assessed woefully which granted regret mail since she was busy making screenshots. While she concentrated on her real account, probably, she was assesed fair and awaiting due further consideration.
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Svelte98(f): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by gcardcodes: 11:56am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello people

Come to think of it.

This white people are very wise
If you know you applied with double account and you used the same name and same certificates uploaded then pray because I feel they delay the process of odvi because they want to fish out people with double account .

Know that so many people applied and they are looking for ways to fish out many from the process.

Pray that IP Address of every device is not recorded when submitting your application because that will be another means for shell. Those people are too wise

Meanwhile shell will not keep anyone handing , either you get the regret mail or you get the success mail. No one will be left untouched.

For the guy that said 14th was the last day for odvi invite... That's funny. How can application start on 8 and 14th is the last day for stage 1 assessment . Shell no be federal government company...

Let us pray for good .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Silverkc: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
gcardcodes:
Hello people

Come to think of it.

If you know you applied with double account and you used the same name and same certificates uploaded then pray because I feel they delay the process of odvi because they want to fish out people with double account .

Know that so many people applied and they are looking for ways to fish out many from the process.

Pray that IP Address of every device is not recorded when submitting your application because that will be another means for shell. Those people are too wise
Oga that's your own thinking. It can never be used to validate real applicants because the text can also be taken in a cyber cafe or 2 friends can use the same phone to do thier test. That doesn't mean they applied twice. The delay from my understanding might be to pick all the successful candidates at send the ODVI at ones . Or it could be anything, But I don't think is ur suggestion.

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by gcardcodes: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Silverkc:

Oga that's your own thinking. It can never be used to validate real applicants because the text can also be taken in a cyber cafe or 2 friends can use the same phone to do thier test. That doesn't mean they applied twice. The delay from my understanding might be to pick all the successful candidates at send the ODVI at ones . Or it could be anything, But I don't think is ur suggestion.

Bro you have a point. That was my own thought. We do not know how shell works. But know that when they see two applications with same cert and same name, it might be disqualified. I only said IP meaning that if the IP carries two account with the same name and certicate .

Anyways let's wait on God to do his work
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by TECH11: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
This is very correct. Recruitment is based more on your personality test and less on the cognitive test

michaelians2020:
One lady on shell telegram group said that .......
Deadline for test submission was Friday 26th . for those who registered on the deadline 21st.
Remember they gave 5days to submit.

First they judge from your personality test
If your ability is what they're looking for that's when they will even go and evaluate your performance on cognitive test( verbal, num, and abstract).

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by livinuschukwug: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
TECH11:
This is very correct. Recruitment is based more on your personality test and less on the cognitive test

is she a shell staff?
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by ItsTime4me(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
Scholar94:
My head! This ya question get as e be o. Why shell go give such permission...If you wanna assist go ahead. But mind u no company will ever allow such.
Thanks
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
gcardcodes:
Hello people

Come to think of it.

Meanwhile shell will not keep anyone handing , either you get the regret mail or you get the success mail. No one will be left untouched.

For the guy that said 14th was the last day for odvi invite... That's funny. How can application start on 8 and 14th is the last day for stage 1 assessment . Shell no be federal government company...

Let us pray for good .

I said the last time ODVI was sent was on the 14th.. No one has posted about an ODVI invite since then both on here and among my friends. Sunday the 14th was when people testified about ODVI invites last. Hopefully more invites come soon enough.. Maybe tomorrow. After tomorrow, I might forget about the process
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by iamswish: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
So many assumptions � #it is well
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by TheIjawIdara: 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
mosgoon:
trust me, everyone i knew that got the invite last all got it on the 14th. 14th was the last ODVI roll out date. trust me

I got mine on the 14th too.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by livinuschukwug: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
michaelians2020:
One lady on shell telegram group said that .......
Deadline for test submission was Friday 26th . for those who registered on the deadline 21st.
Remember they gave 5days to submit.

First they judge from your personality test
If your ability is what they're looking for that's when they will even go and evaluate your performance on cognitive test( verbal, num, and abstract).
is she a shell staff?

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Politicowizard(m): 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
A lot of conspiracy theories here.
No one fully understands the way shell handle this recruitment.
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by TOSINIFE(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
ODVI was sent on the 14th.
A flicker of hope is what others who are yet to get a response can hang on to.

I believe the uncertainty and information asymmetry that we are experiencing now played out in the 2017 thread too.

I wish those who got the ODVI can share their progress here, with timelines, for us and posterity so that the recruitment can be "less mysterious"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by livinuschukwug: 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
if you say that you just received odvi invite, if you see as people will rush you en...
they will even pay you to help them get the invite

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by OwlaRowl: 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
michaelians2020:
Some of those that wrote weeks back got regret email yesterday.
A friend that wrote after the 14th also got a regret mail today.
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by michaelians2020(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
Really?
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Dejola24856: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
Why are you of the opinion that ODVI invite must drop on a sunday? Not arguing though but just thought it's best for you to be neutral and not to be too specific about the dates or day.

Also affirming the date based on information gotten from few selected people Shell probably would have 100s of thousands of applicants out of which ur friends or we on here at nairaland wouldnt even make up a reasonable % or sample of the entire population (Total number of applicants). My point is there are so many applicants whose numbers are much larger than those on nairaland or whatever whatsapp group chat.

For those with the assumption of shell's assessment being based on initial evaluation of work style and personality results before cognitive.....maybe my attachment would prove you wrong......I also learnt that one has to get at least 4 positive feedback....I got just 3 loop and not that strong sef, I could barely finish my cognitive test sef, took the test on the 13th as u can see and I haven't gotten a regret mail neither have I gotten an ODVI invite.....I check my portal daily and it's still in review

Me personally no dey pay too much attention....I just go in the morning, come back at night, shower, eat and check my mail before going to bed....I repeat the same process in the morning and daily.

So my advice is if you spend too much time on here paying attention to some fallacies, assumptions and false claims, you would probably end up with heart attack ooooo.

For those hopeful, pls never give, but desist from following or listening to some ITK and over sabi people.

Pls follow who know road and one cant take swimming classes from a drowning man...adios tongue tongue tongue

mosgoon:

I said the last time ODVI was sent was on the 14th.. No one has posted about an ODVI invite since then both on here and among my friends. Sunday the 14th was when people testified about ODVI invites last. Hopefully more invites come soon enough.. Maybe tomorrow. After tomorrow, I might forget about the process

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Vicqui22: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
if you say that you just received odvi invite, if you see as people will rush you en...
they will even pay you to help them get the invite

Hahaha.....please don't kill me with laugh abeg

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Dejola24856: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
My position......Nobody knows what shell wants or is looking for in people. Not a single idea of how they operate or what process they use.

One thing I'm sure of and certain about is that the number of people applying to various departments determines the amount of competition you have in that particular department. So also, the level of qualifications, achievements and skills are highly considered...........its just like an offer for an Accountant position. We have B.sc holders with 2:1 which is the minimum requirement, we have first class, we have Ican chartered with Bsc first class, Ican + Bsc 2:1, ACCA chartered + Bsc first class, CIMA qualified personnel....and so so on....na so certifications, gurus and award winners plenty ooo..... publications dey.....previous scholarship Grant's and so on.....All these things of course aren't explicitly stated in the job offer requirements oooo but believe me are one of those which they consider internally and award points.

I am not saying any of those things to ridicule or give lesser hope to people, just an explanation as to why one person would get ODVI invite and the other issued a regret or love letter. The amazing part is the one with regret letter did extremely well in the so called personality and cognitive.....There is more to shell's process beyond what we alone can comprehend.

Pls dont come at me ooooo....just my opinion

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2019
This doesn't make sense
Dejola24856:
Why are you of the opinion that ODVI invite must drop on a sunday? Not arguing though but just thought it's best for you to be neutral and not to be too specific about the dates or day.

Also affirming the date based on information gotten from few selected people Shell probably would have 100s of thousands of applicants out of which ur friends or we on here at nairaland wouldnt even make up a reasonable % or sample of the entire population (Total number of applicants). My point is there are so many applicants whose numbers are much larger than those on nairaland or whatever whatsapp group chat.

For those with the assumption of shell's assessment being based on initial evaluation of work style and personality results before cognitive.....maybe my attachment would prove you wrong......I also learnt that one has to get at least 4 positive feedback....I got just 3 loop and not that strong sef, I could barely finish my cognitive test sef, took the test on the 13th as u can see and I haven't gotten a regret mail neither have I gotten an ODVI invite.....I check my portal daily and it's still in review

Me personally no dey pay too much attention....I just go in the morning, come back at night, shower, eat and check my mail before going to bed....I repeat the same process in the morning and daily.

So my advice is if you spend too much time on here paying attention to some fallacies, assumptions and false claims, you would probably end up with heart attack ooooo.

For those hopeful, pls never give, but desist from following or listening to some ITK and over sabi people.

Pls follow who know road and one cant take swimming classes from a drowning man...adios tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Slammmmmmmm(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2019
In my own opinion I feel Shell deliberately refused to send the ODVI mail the same way they sent the cognitive tests which had majorly the same questions. I guess they want to send the ODVI mail in two or three batches with the questions changed so that they will be able to assess more candidates objectively.

My thoughts tho

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Dejola24856: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2019
inrainbows:
This doesn't make sense

Yeah it wouldnt make sense to you cuz it's not what you wanna hear. But believe me the numbers of applicant on here is not even up to 0.000001% of the total applicants. So judging your success or failure based on what people post or say on here is a no no.

Aaabeg make I watch African magic!

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Ibrahim099: 9:44am On Jul 28, 2019
Dejola24856:

Yeah it wouldnt make sense to you cuz it's not what you wanna hear. But believe me the numbers of applicant on here is not even up to 0.000001% of the total applicants. So judging your success or failure based on what people post or say on here is a no no.

Aaabeg make I watch African magic!

. Don't mind him it make sense. The population sample here is too inconsequential to draw a reasonable conclusion.
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by SonOfUbunja: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
Any news on ODVI invite today?

Those who have done ODVI, any feedback yet?
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
Dejola24856:

So also is the level of qualifications, achievements and skills are highly considered...........its just like an offer to an Accountant position. We have B.sc holders with 2:1 which is the minimum, we have first class, we have Ican chartered with Bsc first class, Ican + Bsc 2:1, ACCA chartered + Bsc first class, CIMA qualified personnel....and so so on....na so certifications, gurus and award winners plenty ooo..... publications dey.....previous scholarship Grant's and so on.....All these things of course aren't explicitly stated in the job offer requirements oooo but believe me are one of those which they consider internally and award points.

I am not saying any of those things to ridicule or give lesser hope to people, Pls dont come at me ooooo....just my opinion

I see comments and I laugh.. Are these the people I would love to employ?

You will get your mail when the time is right.. Be it good or .

One thing I want y'all to remember is be yourself when you get that call and please we don't want no I too knows... Generally these guys are friendly and please less pressure, it is normal to make mistakes..

You will get your mail
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Dejola24856: 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
Did you mean to say "the people you would want to employ"? And not "love" cuz want is more appropriate in that context

If you are probably employed, employable or maybe an employer, I bet you wouldnt be on here following the thread.

The moral: before laughing or start pointing fingers, check yourself first and ensure you get it all right 100/100

Moreover, you dont expect people to proofread comments all the time.....when I'm not a publisher...neither was I writing an essay, cover letter or study plan....nawa for u oo oga sabi sabi.....laugh on

Just like you said, mistake no get oga.....so practice what you preach.

grin

FORECASTER:

I see comments and I laugh.. Are these the people I would love to employ?

You will get your mail when the time is right.. Be it good or .

One thing I want y'all to remember is be yourself when you get that call and please we don't want no I too knows... Generally these guys are friendly and please less pressure, it is normal to make mistakes..

You will get your mail

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Teejay1511(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2019
So nothing yet, shell useless Sha ���
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 29, 2019
Dejola24856:
Did you mean to say "the people you would want to employ"? And not "love" cuz want is more appropriate in that context

If you are probably employed, employable or maybe an employer, I bet you wouldnt be on here following the thread.

The moral: before laughing or start pointing fingers, check yourself first and ensure you get it all right 100/100

Moreover, you dont expect people to proofread comments all the time.....when I'm not a publisher...neither was I writing an essay, cover letter or study plan....nawa for u oo oga sabi sabi.....laugh on

Just like you said, mistake no get oga.....so practice what you preach.

grin

It will be very stupid of me to laugh at someones english... Very stupid, I would never

Love for me is a deep or abiding liking for something; an enthusiasm for something...

What if my work is to follow this thread #ThinkAboutIt

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 29, 2019
Dejola24856:

The question should be, why are you laughing?

Guys don't be scared to ask questions... These guys are not god, infact they are more excited when you do.. If things are not clear ask instead of speaking off...

Be yourself..Bleep English... Make sure you communicating though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by TheIjawIdara: 7:44am On Jul 29, 2019
SonOfUbunja:
Any news on ODVI invite today?

Those who have done ODVI, any feedback yet?

Post ODVI - nothing yet has been sent to me.
Re: Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 by Dejola24856: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2019
Only a dumbass wouldn't understand why you are laughing.

Why would you say....."Are these the people you would love to employ?" Isn't that derogatory and redicling enough?

Just like you commenting about some Job interview question and you were like "Y'all will flop" if you ask the why shell question.

Why generalizing? It would have been more reasonable if you said "some" would flop....Not all, especially when you dont know or haven't met people in person. Show some courtesy

Which one is are these the people you would love to employ? What's wrong with the people?

Aaabeg

It will be very stupid of me to laugh at someones english... Very stupid, I would never

Love for me is a deep or abiding liking for something; an enthusiasm for something...

What if my work is to follow this thread #ThinkAboutIt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (70) (Reply)

NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) / PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.