Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? (2423 Views)

God Does Not Need Your Offering, But Your Humility And Obedience / Abel Mwelwa: Zambian Priest Suspended After Married Lover Died In His House / Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
The story of Cain and Abel was a very fascinating story that everytime I think about it, it brings more questions with no reasonable answers.

So over to you my Christian friends, if God is all seeing eye which I have no doubt that he/she might be, why didn't he/she Protect Abel from being Killed?
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2019
If you ask me na who I go a*k
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by PlanckTime: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
He did that because your English is bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by PlanckTime: 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
God doesn't exist,

The story of the Bible is Cock and Bull Story.

The only Cain I know is one of the Brothers of Destruction

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:
He did that because your English is bad

It's tuesday tomorrow dude should have jejely waited till tomorrow and shoot his pastor with that ibọn during study..
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by kunleweb: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
euromilion:
The story of Cain and Abel was a very fascinating story that everytime I think about it it brings more questions with no reasonable answers.

So over to you my Christian friends if God is all seeing eye which I have no doubt that he/she might be why didn't he/she Protect Abel from being Killed?

You seek answers. You're quick to make a post with such haste that you can't patiently build your case but expect people to take time to make constructive contributions. Its because you already have a made up mind and only want people to waste their time so you'll be doing back and Forth's arguing. Oga answer the questions yourself or be more open to ideas which your direct and short post contradicts

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by thesicilian: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
There's no direct answer in the scriptures. My best bet is that we're all created for different purposes and with different lifespans. Maybe Abel had served his purpose on Earth already. Similar to the reason why mere mortals would be able to nail the son of the Almighty to the cross.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:
God doesn't exist,

The story of the Bible is Cock and Bull Story.

Wow planktime.. I'm speechless..
And the world will end and we will all be judged..

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by PlanckTime: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
Hanks0000:

Wow planktime.. I'm speechless..
And the world will end and we will all be judged..

Judged by who?
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:

Judged by who?

The same God you said doesn't exist..
You don't have to believe me, trust me it's thing of joy for me if you don't believe it..

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Righteousness89(m): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
euromilion:
The story of Cain and Abel was a very fascinating story that everytime I think about it, it brings more questions with no reasonable answers.

So over to you my Christian friends, if God is all seeing eye which I have no doubt that he/she might be, why didn't he/she Protect Abel from being Killed?

Answer

Job 9:12

Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?

Isah 45:9

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Romans 9:20

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Ihedinobi3: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
euromilion:

Let me ask you this instead:

Does having an all-seeing eye, as you put it, obligate God to protect anybody from being killed? I mean, why do you expect this to be the case?
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Anas09: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Does having an all-seeing eye, as you put it, obligate God to protect anybody from being killed? I mean, why do you expect this to be the case?
Bros, be very selective of who you respond to. Not everyone who speaks in the market warrants a response.

For it to have referred to God as 'He/she', that is enough to kick it into a corner. It is not worth your response true.
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by orisa37: 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2019
You want to know how you can get away with murder, isn't it?
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
euromilion:

Abel is the first to be protected on the surface of this earth than anyone else Sir!

After Adam and Eve have sinned, what all their progenies are expecting is sorrow, mourning, pain, suffering, sickness and death! Genesis 3:16-19

So for God to have allowed Abel to die shortly afterwards means Abel wouldn't have to pass through all those rigorous processes before paying the ultimate price that all of us must pay at last {Death}
Now Abel's name is the FIRST on the list of those to come back {Hebrews 11:4} and live forever when all these troubles are gone! Psalms 37:9-11
God did the same to Enoch by keeping him safe away from experiencing all those stress and from his wicked contemporaries! Hebrews 11:5

So who else is more protected than those sleeping in death that God is anticipating their coming back to live again when all pain, outcry, mourning, sickness, sorrow, death and evildoers are gone? Proverbs 2:20-22

Well it's about faith sha because i would have preferred to be Abel if all those who have lived righteous lives on this earth knew his name, so he has gain what majority of us can never dream of {Greatest fame} and the most important PERSONALITY who have the power to conquer DEATH {Isaiah 25:8} also had Abel's name written in his book.

Just imagine that? Abel's name is written in the Bible!

THE BOOK OF LIFE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by CodeTemplar: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
If God should protect Abel indefinitely because of his accepted sacrifice you would still accuse God of partiality. Earlier in the bible, God took away the fruit of everlasting life so man wouldn't live forever. That means everyone has an end and above all everyone freewill.
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
euromilion:

Because obedience/righteousness is better than offering/sacrifice.

Or maybe you should also extend the question to the hundreds, thousands, or possibly millions of righteous men, prophets, disciples, etc., that have been killed for being righteous/obedient to God, for it shouldn't be only Abel that you should think wasn't protected by God despite being His own.

So at the end you should have had more than enough answers to satisfy and quench your curiosity, for it's obvious one alone wouldn't suffice for you.
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Ihedinobi3: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2019
Anas09:

Bros, be very selective of who you respond to. Not everyone who speaks in the market warrants a response.

For it to have referred to God as 'He/she', that is enough to kick it into a corner. It is not worth your response true.
Good to see you again after so long. How have you been, Anas?

I agree. It is for this reason that I rarely post anymore on the forum, but sometimes I make exceptions not least for the sake of others. I confess that I did not notice what was done with the pronouns, but I did think that the question was not necessarily honest inquiry.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by johnw47: 2:59am On Jul 09, 2019
Maximus69:

Abel is the first to be protected on the surface of this earth than anyone else Sir!

After Adam and Eve have sinned, what all their progenies are expecting is sorrow, mourning, pain, suffering, sickness and death! Genesis 3:16-19

So for God to have allowed Abel to die shortly afterwards means Abel wouldn't have to pass through all those rigorous processes before paying the ultimate price that all of us must pay at last {Death}
Now Abel's name is the FIRST on the list of those to come back {Hebrews 11:4} and live forever when all these troubles are gone! Psalms 37:9-11
God did the same to Enoch by keeping him safe away from experiencing all those stress and from his wicked contemporaries! Hebrews 11:5

So who else is more protected than those sleeping in death that God is anticipating their coming back to live again when all pain, outcry, mourning, sickness, sorrow, death and evildoers are gone? Proverbs 2:20-22

Well it's about faith sha because i would have preferred to be Abel if all those who have lived righteous lives on this earth knew his name, so he has gain what majority of us can never dream of {Greatest fame} and the most important PERSONALITY who have the power to conquer DEATH {Isaiah 25:8} also had Abel's name written in his book.

self righteous™ max

i see, so according to you God allowed abel to be murdered to protect him from the evils of life, duh.

enoch was taken up alive, so not to be compared.

i suppose God allowed young stephen to be stoned to death to protect him from the evils of the world too, ha ha pathetic,
rubbish out of your know nothing head

Maximus69:
Just imagine that? Abel's name is written in the Bible!

THE BOOK OF LIFE! smiley

i don't mind calling the bible the book of life
but it's not "THE BOOK of LIFE" that the bible itself speaks of

"THE BOOK of LIFE" whether figurative or literal is a book containing the names of all the saved
since creation
God had the saved in mind and He wrote their names in "THE BOOK OF LIFE", even before he made the world.

of course moses, matthew etc. wrote the God inspired bible

ask for scriptures on anything i have said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 09, 2019
johnw47:

self righteous™ max
i see, so according to you God allowed abel to be murdered to protect him from the evils of life, duh.
enoch was taken up alive, so not to be compared.
i suppose God allowed young stephen to be stoned to death to protect him from the evils of the world too, ha ha pathetic,
rubbish out of your know nothing head i don't mind calling the bible the book of life
but it's not "THE BOOK of LIFE" that the bible itself speaks of
"THE BOOK of LIFE" whether figurative or literal is a book containing the names of all the saved
since creation
God had the saved in mind and He wrote their names in "THE BOOK OF LIFE", even before he made the world.
of course moses, matthew etc. wrote the God inspired bible
ask for scriptures on anything i have said
Why not just make your own presentation in response to the OP's quest?

I don't have time arguing with insanes o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by johnw47: 6:56am On Jul 09, 2019
Maximus69:
Why not just make your own presentation in response to the OP's quest?

false jw™ max, i replied to your lies and confusion, which you cannot honestly refute

Maximus69:
I don't have time arguing with insanes o! cheesy

what part of that truth is insane smiley
what you mean is you cannot argue against the truth.

and not being able to refute the truth that i said, you instead accuse of being insane, laugh

but that's false accusing jw's for you:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

habitual lying max, your father the devil(above verse) falsely accuses christians too like you do,
that's where you get it from: 

Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 09, 2019
johnw47:

false jw™ max, i replied to your lies and confusion, which you cannot honestly refute

what part of that truth is insane smiley
what you mean is you cannot argue against the truth.

and not being able to refute the truth that i said, you instead accuse of being insane, laugh

but that's false accusing jw's for you:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
It OK Sir,

So can you just address the question of the OP?

Because that's what everyone is doing here, nobody has ever come on this thread to attack others like a mentally deranged hound! wink
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Anas09: 7:14am On Jul 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Good to see you again after so long. How have you been, Anas?

I agree. It is for this reason that I rarely post anymore on the forum, but sometimes I make exceptions not least for the sake of others. I confess that I did not notice what was done with the pronouns, but I did think that the question was not necessarily honest inquiry.
My brother, I've good o. God has been so faithful.

And, Yes, his motive is mischievous and time shd not be wasted on him. There are thirsty souls, we seek them out and satisfy them with the Water of the Word, not these unreasonable children of unrighteousness.
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by johnw47: 7:18am On Jul 09, 2019
Maximus69:

It OK Sir,

So can you just address the question of the OP?

Because that's what everyone is doing here, nobody has ever come on this thread to attack others like a mentally deranged hound! wink

ha ha, false jw™ max, when you cannot reply to the truth
you reply with sewer mouth, of course
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by johnw47: 7:34am On Jul 09, 2019
smiley
you have spewed your rot and run away from the truth
you always do false jw max

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2019
johnw47:
smiley
you have spewed your rot and run away from the truth
you always do false jw max

WHY DID GOD ACCEPTED ABEL'S OFFERING, BUT FAILED TO PROTECT HIM?

Haba! that's the topic Sir, it's not about coming to argue with people but presenting your own answer according to your understanding of the scriptures!

So can you now address the question of the OP?

And if you don't have anything to say regarding the question let everyone know! wink
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by johnw47: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2019
Maximus69:

WHY DID GOD ACCEPTED ABEL'S OFFERING, BUT FAILED TO PROTECT HIM?

Haba! that's the topic Sir, it's not about coming to argue with people but presenting your own answer according to your understanding of the scriptures!

So can you now address the question of the OP?

And if you don't have anything to say regarding the question let everyone know! wink

poor tormented, habitual lying™ max

i addressed the lies in your post which you won't and cannot honestly address
and when you are not running away from it, you come back with sewer mouth and-or excuses
but that's what you lie lies do, isn't it smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5289240/why-did-god-accepted-abel#80078789
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 09, 2019
johnw47:

poor tormented, habitual lying™ max

i addressed the lies in your post which you won't and cannot honestly address
and when you are not running away from it, you come back with sewer mouth and-or excuses
but that's what you lie lies do, isn't it smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5289240/why-did-god-accepted-abel#80078789
Na wah o!

Are you this hurt that you can't even focus on anything else apart from trailing me for vengeance? cheesy

Well i know my presentations hurts a lot most especially when you're not on the side of the TRUTH, but take heart. Hebrews 4:12
It's almost two weeks now that i've discussed with you last on another thread, try to forget the past and continue with your life. Ephesians 4:26

So can you now address the OP's question P L E A S E?

Your response to my post has no substantial point to discuss. The only part you need to work on is about the

BOOK OF LIFE!

You argued that the Bible is not that book, but forgot that it's what's in the mind of an author that's written in his book! Luke 6:45
And God is the author of the Bible. 2Timothy 3:16, 2Peter 1:21

So the book of life simply connotes God's memory {Revelations 20:15 compared to Malachi 3:16} and the Bible is teaching us that he keeps in mind all righteous people beginning with Abel till today!
That's why Jesus said, all of them are living to him because he keeps seeing them as if replaying the video of all their virtuous deeds! Luke 20:37-38
No wonder Jesus said those who accepted his words are alive forever because God has granted them everlasting life, so that even if they should die now their resurrection is certain! John 11:25
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by Graduateacher(f): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2019
euromilion:

"He/she", who's that?

The God I know is a "He". God is not all interfering though, most times, you need to "ask for His service". I never heard Abel ask God to protect him from his viscous brother.

PS: I don't respond to mentions from atheists.
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by frank317: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2019
thesicilian:
There's no direct answer in the scriptures. My best bet is that we're all created for different purposes and with different lifespans. Maybe Abel had served his purpose on Earth already. Similar to the reason why mere mortals would be able to nail the son of the Almighty to the cross.

Do u know the implications of accepting we are created for a purpose? It eliminates Gods role.. It shows that prayer, fasting and praises are silly, because with or without these things ur purpose stands.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by frank317: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2019
Righteousness89:

Answer

Job 9:12

Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?

Isah 45:9

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Romans 9:20

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

All this ones na threat... Just answer the question. We are not afraid of ur God.
Re: Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? by frank317: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Stop changing the topic... Why didn't God protect Abel, despite being pleased with him and accepting his sacrifice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 / Curse Of The First Born / 2 Timothy 3:16 - Was The Devil And Demons Also Inspired By God ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.