Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? (918 Views)

Who Can Help Me To Get My Domain Approved With Adsense? / I Want To Transfer My Blog Domain From To A Paid Domain. / I'm A New Web And Android Developer Contact Me For Extremely Cheap Developements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by barnaby04(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
Hello gurus in the house,

Please I need guidance on how to reactivate an old blog I used to run. I stopped running it before the web hosting expired due to very tight commitments from my regular 9-5 job.

Currently, I want to reactivate the blog back, but on a new different web hosting company. So I need you guys to advise me on how to transfer my domain name to a new web hosting company.

Thanks guys.
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2019
barnaby04:

Please I need guidance on how to reactivate an old blog I used to run. I stopped running it before the web hosting expired due to very tight commitments from my regular 9-5 job.

Currently, I want to reactivate the blog back, but on a new different web hosting company. So I need you guys to advise me on how to transfer my domain name to a new web hosting company.

Thanks guys.

Hello,

Firstly, if the domain had expired in the last 3 months, you cant reactivate the content again. The domain and hosting would have been deleted and can be re-register and hosted again.

If thats the case, just go to your new intending hosting platform and search for the domain name and then register/host it.
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by barnaby04(m): 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
Bitradepay:

Hello,

Firstly, if the domain had expired in the last 3 months, you cant reactivate the content again. The domain and hosting would have been deleted and can be re-register and hosted again.

If thats the case, just go to your new intending hosting platform and search for the domain name and then register/host it.

Thanks for your response. It's actually more than six months since the hosting expired.

So with the way things stand now, whenever I approach a new hosting company, would that same domain be available for me to take and re-register or it would have been allocated to another person that picks it?

Thanks
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
barnaby04:

Thanks for your response. It's actually more than six months since the hosting expired.

So with the way things stand now, whenever I approach a new hosting company, would that same domain be available for me to take and re-register or it would have been allocated to another person that picks it?

Thanks

The domain should still be available for you to register.

If someone had taken it, then not possible. Just search on the new registrar website to check its availability.
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by barnaby04(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
Bitradepay:

The domain should still be available for you to register.

If someone had taken it, then not possible. Just search on the new registrar website to check its availability.

Thanks a lot for this information!
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by hostkobo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
barnaby04:

Thanks guys.

Hi,

What is your old URL, msg me on whatsapp,
I can scrape around for the contents of your old blog - where applicable.

regards
HK
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by SmathGate(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
i have website with domain .ng on whogohost and wanna move it to better hosting service but with domain .com.ng

how do i go about it?

thanks
Bitradepay:

Hello,

Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
SmathGate:
i have website with domain .ng on whogohost and wanna move it to better hosting service but with domain .com.ng

how do i go about it?

thanks

If i understand you very well, you have a domain with .ng extension and you want to move it to a domain with .com.ng extension?

Its not possible as you will need to register a new domain, .ng cant be changed to .com.ng
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by SmathGate(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2019
i know i will register a new .com.ng domain, but how do i move the content of the site from the .ng to the other
Bitradepay:

If i understand you very well, you have a domain with .ng extension and you want to move it to a domain with .com.ng extension?

Its not possible as you will need to register a new domain, .ng cant be changed to .com.ng
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 17, 2019
SmathGate:
i know i will register a new .com.ng domain, but how do i move the content of the site from the .ng to the other

If its a cpanel hosting, your new hosting company will do that, if they dont offer free migration, you will need to get someone to do that as you wont want trial and error so as not to tamper with files..

Cheers..
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 17, 2019
Unlock it first
Re: Please How Do I Transfer My Domain Name To A New Web Hosting Company? by SmathGate(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, its a cpanel hosting
Thank you
Bitradepay:

If its a cpanel hosting, your new hosting company will do that, if they dont offer free migration, you will need to get someone to do that as you wont want trial and error so as not to tamper with files..

Cheers..

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Free USA Number For Whatsapp, Telegram And Paypal Verifications / How To Find Serial Key For Any Software / The Opera Mini Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.