Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta (37780 Views)

Mary Daniel: Lagos Detects Lies In Amputee Hawker’s Claims, Seizes N25m Donation / Yahoo Boy In Benin Bags Six Months In Jail / Yahoo-boy Who Defrauded Foreigner $140,000 Jailed For 12 Months In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by stanliwise(m): 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
nairalanduseles:

U will never make money all the days of ur life u will die living with ur parents
You quoted me twice to show your insecurities. MARK TODAY DOWN.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by nairalanduseles: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2019
stanliwise:
You quoted me twice to show your insecurities. MARK TODAY DOWN.

Hahaha u be poor man lol.....poverty kee u....just checked ur profile lol u dey even hustle for here.....I swear u will be arrested this year.....U no fit escape aml
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by stanliwise(m): 11:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Hahaha u be poor man lol.....poverty kee u....just checked ur profile lol u dey even hustle for here.....I swear u will be arrested this year.....U no fit escape aml
Rich Theif
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by studentofTruth: 12:38am On Jul 09, 2019
NaijaCelebrity:
Justice Mohammed Abubakar of the Federal High Court 2 sitting in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Monday, July 8, 2019 convicted one Sanwiyu Abolore Toyosi for fraudulent impersonation and sentenced him to five months in prison.

The 27-year-old was convicted of the one-count amended charge filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office.

The offence contravenes Section 22 (3)(b) and punishable under Section 22 (4) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015.

Sanwiyu was initially arraigned on a two-count charge to which he pleaded ‘not guilty’. The charge was, however, amended due to his plea bargain agreement with the Commission.

The amended charge reads: "That you, Sanwiyu Abolore Toyosi sometimes in 2019, at Abeokuta, Ogun State, within the jurisdiction of the honourable court, fraudulently impersonated one Mary Toni via your email, marytoni98@gmail.com wherein you falsely represented that you are a female known as Mary Toni, which you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22 (3)(b) and punishable under section 22 (4) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015."

When the charge was read to him at the court on Monday, the defendant pleaded guilty to charge.

Owing to the guilty plea, EFCC's counsel, Shamsudeen Bashir, prayed the court to accept the plea bargain agreement and sentence him accordingly.

The presiding judge thereafter sentenced the defendant to five months in prison with effect from April 25, 2019, the day he was arrested.

The court also ordered that the convict forfeits his Infinix phone, Dell laptop, Dell charger, Nokia phone, and Itel phone to the Federal Government of Nigeria, being part of the benefit he derived from his fraudulent act.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/07/08/cyber-crime-man-jailed-5-months-in-abeokuta/

And Boborisky is still walking? Physically representing himself as a woman. Funny! If he defrauded someone, he should be in jail. But what I read here sounds funny to me.

Well, I hope it's not a crime to have an email account in one's nickname. Some untrusted websites that don't allow one to read content without dropping an email don't deserve the main email address with one's details. One can't be careful enough in this 21st century. Dropping an email with personal details in anyhow site is dangerous. Giving them an email (opened with a nickname) without your personal details is the best way to get what you want — read the content on the website and move on.

I hope no one will tell that that is false representation.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by karma2000: 12:47am On Jul 09, 2019
Law of karma goes for cyber criminals
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by joepepsy(m): 1:52am On Jul 09, 2019
He's an idiot.
post=80074555:

Fraudster/Yahoo boy spotted! cheesy

We will see your picture carrying a placard here soon Paulo.
Pls don't stop o , u hear?!

Grateful for Someone else's hardwork and downfall?!
Can reasonable people please listen to this one?!
What a shame!
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Flowdada(m): 2:26am On Jul 09, 2019
All these laptop efcc don dey forfeit to federal govt for long wetin dem wan use am do....
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Bamz(m): 2:33am On Jul 09, 2019
Topmaike007:
When will dey even jail those Yahoo guys in my area that are intimidating me with BMW X5..

Hustle oh grin

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Okuda(m): 5:04am On Jul 09, 2019
Olujoe1:
Truly I give credence to effcc. How I wish the penalty is death sentence.

death sentence? you know the only evidence against him? a fake email address..you set of folks are bastard hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Okuda(m): 5:07am On Jul 09, 2019
i repeat once again.. there is a deliberate action to wipe young people out in their numbers down south.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:28am On Jul 09, 2019
Olujoe1:
Truly I give credence to effcc. How I wish the penalty is death sentence.
Death sentence for opening an email that sounds like that of a female. You are wicked
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by SoNature(m): 6:15am On Jul 09, 2019
Topmaike007:
When will dey even jail those Yahoo guys in my area that are intimidating me with BMW X5..

Give the EFCC the details of the boys, and the agents will come and pick the boys up.

You can contact them through their email or social media platforms.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by SoNature(m): 6:21am On Jul 09, 2019
paul1995:

Mtchewwwww am still surprise how you guys tag someone you don’t know a fraudster I detest crime but please do not sound like you grateful for someone else downfall that is jealous and hypocrisy

Huncle, someone who duped people to acquire wealth cannot be said to be successful.

Fraud is evil!!

Now, tell me why mAnna whatever would not think you are a Yahoo boy with this terrible mentality?
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by munchi(m): 6:22am On Jul 09, 2019
SoNature:

Give the EFCC the details of the boys, and the agents will come and pick the boys up.

You can contact them through their email or social media platforms.
But it’s not his business nah.....hustle and leave another man.
As them drive BMW...he should hustle and buy Range nah
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by SoNature(m): 6:26am On Jul 09, 2019
munchi:

But it’s not his business nah.....hustle and leave another man.
As them drive BMW...he should hustle and buy Range nah

Huncle, it is everyone's business.
If this mess is not nipped now, it will get to a point where Nigerians cannot be allowed into other countries anymore because we will all be seen as fraudsters.
It is already happening.... things are just beginning to get bad.
Countries are already running ads at home telling their citizens to avoid Nigerians, including the United States.
That's why they rarely give Nigerians their visa.
20 years from now will not be funny.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by munchi(m): 6:37am On Jul 09, 2019
SoNature:

Huncle, it is everyone's business.
If this mess is not nipped now, it will get to a point where Nigerians cannot be allowed into other countries anymore because we will all be seen as fraudsters.
It is already happening.... things are just beginning to get bad.
Countries are already running ads at home telling their citizens to avoid Nigerians, including the United States.
That's why they rarely give Nigerians their visa.
20 years from now will not be funny.

Nigeria is still learning in the cyber crime world unlike Russia and even America ....the only problem is that we are hypocrites and spoil our names ourselves ....we like to condemn crimes committed by the poor and celebrate that of the rich....

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Hoodbilonia: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Keep yur shit outta cc radar
Say no to popo if u a gamer
Ball hard
Drink hard
U can own anything
Own your mind
Mind your own
Stay low
Focus on the bag
Bleep overclamping living and spamming in hq like bees up in a trap
Learn to live all on your own
Do it all alone
Cash out all the whole bags
Yup
Pay your house rent
Just incase u might need another place to stay
(Under investigation,sealed up by efcc)Bleep off...
Get a ready down lawyer juzt incase u need to make dat bail
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Nostradamus: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2019
stanliwise:
You will never sit down in life to make your money. All days of your live you will covet on the wealth of others, you will have an unending desire to steal from others. This will be your greatest undoing.
oga whatsaupp with the curses??

Is this what your bible/koran/whatever holy shit you've got teaches you??

To always spill curses at every single opportunity??

You sound like a very bitter person.my advice,stop hating on others.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by stanliwise(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2019
Nostradamus:
oga whatsaupp with the curses??

Is this what your bible/koran/whatever holy shit you've got teaches you??

To always spill curses at every single opportunity??

You sound like a very bitter person.my advice,stop hating on others.
So I should worship and condone criminality abi? Posterity will judge you and me. I understand the psychology behind the phrase "stop hating", it is a weak defense systen guy like you use to chase critics because deep down within you guys, you know you're monsters. A time will come in Nigeria and bigots like you will be cleansed from the surface of our society. You have ruined our value and dragged our pride on the dust of shame.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Aladdin1(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2019
Why dem pose like avengers
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by studentofTruth: 9:58am On Jul 09, 2019
stanliwise:
So I should worship and condone criminality abi? Posterity will judge you and me. I understand the psychology behind the phrase "stop hating", it is a weak defense systen guy like you use to chase critics because deep down within you guys, you know you're monsters. A time will come in Nigeria and bigots like you will be cleansed from the surface of our society. You have ruined our value and dragged our pride on the dust of shame.

Sorry bro. Did you read what is posted up there (I mean the thread and not the people you're quarrelling with)? I don't know what other things the guy did, but if it's just that his email address looks like that of a woman, then you too can be nabbed for no reasonable reason. They can tell you that your email looks womanish. Is it a crime to open an email with a different name (say a nickname)?

I'm a freelancer and a forex trader. I search the web a lot. A lot of websites with the right information do ask for email address to get the information, and as a careful person, I dedicated an email with no personal details for those sites that bombard people with useless newsletters. Take a look at this riot of newsletters.
I hope nobody will come tomorrow and tell it's a crime to have an email in a different name for protecting myself.

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by studentofTruth: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2019
Don't know why the screenshot isn't uploading
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by studentofTruth: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2019
See what used to be a very important email for my trading account. See what Jumia and Grammarly turned my inbox to.

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Nostradamus: 10:48am On Jul 09, 2019
stanliwise:
it is a weak defense system guys like you use

This just shows how fast you always jump into conclusion..

Did you even read the first post there?the only evidence they see on that guy is the email with marytoni.even a lot of people on nairaland don't use their original email for this site.

So cuz I asked you to ease with the curses and stop hating,i am a yahoo boy In your opinion abi??

The way a lot of Nigerians reason is beyond me..

Stop the curses and stop hating,throwing curses on this forum make you look odd..

It's your type that get employed to SARS and you'll start arresting every handsome looking guy you see on the basis that he's into yahoo...

It's your type that term every youngman you meet that's more successful than you a ritualist..

It's your type that term every boy with dreads a criminal and always call for their heads...

I really pray you'll never get employed into any law enforcement agencies,because if you do, you'd always arrest innocent people with the type of odd reasoning you just displayed here..

OGA,I AM NOT INTO YAHOO OR ANY TYPE OF FRAUD!!!

Once again,stop all the curses and stop hating.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by stanliwise(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2019
Nostradamus:
it is a weak defense system guys like you use

This just shows how fast you always jump into conclusion..

Did you even read the first post there?the only evidence they see on that guy is the email with marytoni.even a lot of people on nairaland don't use their original email for this site.

So cuz I asked you to ease with the curses and stop hating,i am a yahoo boy In your opinion abi??

The way a lot of Nigerians reason is beyond me..

Stop the curses and stop hating,throwing curses on this forum make you look odd..

It's your type that get employed to SARS and you'll start arresting every handsome looking guy you see on the basis that he's into yahoo...

It's your type that term every youngman you meet that's more successful than you a ritualist..

It's your type that term every boy with dreads a criminal and always call for their heads...

I really pray you'll never get employed into any law enforcement agencies,because if you do, you'd always arrest innocent people with the type of odd reasoning you just displayed here..

OGA,I AM NOT INTO YAHOO OR ANY TYPE OF FRAUD!!!

Once again,stop all the curses and stop hating.
No is it you who are quick to condemn me.

From this comment read back up and find a single spot where I condemned the accused by th EFCC.

This discussion started from where a guy was advising someone here to go an do his own G and oppress the G guys in his own area instead of hating on there success.
So you didn't read all what my statement was all about before dishing your stop hating advise.

That aside, remember ELOZINO of delta state that was killed by yahoo boys and her part where harvested.
That girl was my younger bro close friend and aslo mine too. She was a decent girl who was set up for those monster by a security man who promised to help her find accommodation. That event changed my reality. I have never like yahoo boys but after that event I became furious and aggressive. I hold this same aggressiveness to our politicians and people who has robbed us of our future.

further more I am a freelancer but of recent I have had many turned downs. since 2017 I can barely get decent Jobs from outsider because this monster(yahoo boys has rubbed our value in mud.
If we continue like this, someday ritualistic will come forward to defend their act. it is happening already.
Africa Society reeks of decadence and someday if things get worse I plan to leave this society.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Idowu342(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2019
If you are interesting on making money online by reading news and comments and share, we pay without no refer WhatsApp me on 09078555105, you can be making 3k daily or join my group https:///Fg8PVdUmkhnIqyzP9BDE8R
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by Nostradamus: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2019
stanliwise:
No is it you who are quick to condemn me.

From this comment read back up and find a single spot where I condemned the accused by th EFCC.

This discussion started from where a guy was advising someone here to go an do his own G and oppress the G guys in his own area instead of hating on there success.
So you didn't read all what my statement was all about before dishing your stop hating advise.

That aside, remember ELOZINO of delta state that was killed by yahoo boys and her part where harvested.
That girl was my younger bro close friend and aslo mine too. She was a decent girl who was set up for those monster by a security man who promised to help her find accommodation. That event changed my reality. I have never like yahoo boys but after that event I became furious and aggressive. I hold this same aggressiveness to our politicians and people who has robbed us of our future.

further more I am a freelancer but of recent I have had many turned downs. since 2017 I can barely get decent Jobs from outsider because this monster(yahoo boys has rubbed our value in mud.
If we continue like this, someday ritualistic will come forward to defend their act. it is happening already.
Africa Society reeks of decadence and someday if things get worse I plan to leave this society.
i remember elazino and that girl. So you know that girl? The murdered girl?? Waoh!!!am sorry about the girl,almost cried when I read that girl's incident.

I don't think the government can stop this yahoo of a thing.it's like it has come to stay. A lot of young guys don't want to be left out of it,the yahoo menace is even affecting me too.the only thing that I sincerely believe can stop this yahoo is we change our mindset of always worshipping money in our society,otherwise,we'd only be deceiving ourselves by saying the law enforcers can stop.even death sentence can't stop mules from trafficking drugs to Malaysia.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by SEGLIZ: 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
post=80074441:

EFCC should make sure they stripped them of all the belongings they have accrued from their fraudulent money.
Even up to their boxers.

They have made many people cry and commit suicide in this world.
Shameless tins!

this your judgement nobi at all o.
make I add my own, even the cream that been used on their body must be scrapped off their body. every food and drink consumed must be purged out of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by stanliwise(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nostradamus:
i remember elazino and that girl. So you know that girl? The murdered girl?? Waoh!!!am sorry about the girl,almost cried when I read that girl's incident.

I don't think the government can stop this yahoo of a thing.it's like it has come to stay. A lot of young guys don't want to be left out of it,the yahoo menace is even affecting me too.the only thing that I sincerely believe can stop this yahoo is we change our mindset of always worshipping money in our society,otherwise,we'd only be deceiving ourselves by saying the law enforcers can stop.even death sentence can't stop mules from trafficking drugs to Malaysia.
I hate to say this but the sad truth is you're right. The actual truth is that our society don't actually want the truth. we are comfortable with the "what concern me syndrome ". As much as things has not gotten to the worst, the African Society would continue with their ways of life. If you want to stay and change things fine by you. As for me after my NYSC, I have gotten ready and set to leave for a country like Canada, I am still processing an internship with Andela and some other big companies that will help me see my dream come true. Nigeria has been unrepentant, only the worst will change anything.
Re: Yahoo Boy 'Mary Toni' Jailed For 5 Months In Abeokuta by stanliwise(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
studentofTruth:

Sorry bro. Did you read what is posted up there (I mean the thread and not the people you're quarrelling with)? I don't know what other things the guy did, but if it's just that his email address looks like that of a woman, then you too can be nabbed for no reasonable reason. They can tell you that your email looks womanish. Is it a crime to open an email with a different name (say a nickname)?

I'm a freelancer and a forex trader. I search the web a lot. A lot of websites with the right information do ask for email address to get the information, and as a careful person, I dedicated an email with no personal details for those sites that bombard people with useless newsletters. Take a look at this riot of newsletters.
I hope nobody will come tomorrow and tell it's a crime to have an email in a different name for protecting myself.
No bro you didn't patiently read backwards and see I only reffered to yahoo and G boy and their apologetic followers.
Also don't fain ignorance and pretend that the rise of the criminality isn't a reality in out society. Except your one of them or an apologist, you would know the rift raft and our bad government has robbed us from our future, you will knoe that this people has been a pain in the neck and they are ploting a disasterous ending for we and and our unborn generations.
This people has used the blame game strategy to scam both their neighbors locally and abroad. Many has sworn to destroy the society and ruin the value of this country, they will rather die than workhard for their money.
Posterity will judge us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SOS!!! Someone Is Blackmailing My Female Friend With Her Nudes / Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan / Tony Igboka Assassinated In His Car! Death Confirmed By Anambra Police (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.