Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) (31501 Views)

Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) / $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by kiddkash(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
i go draw rain
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by DJInfluence: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
Not like i wanted to diss, but i think it´s time we upped our game. What´s this? Even as prototype, will anybody buy such? If you´re gifted this, will you take it? We can´t have universities and college of technologies littering every state of the federation and this design and implementation is the best we can come up with? Even south Africans and Indians makes better cars, and this are countries we should at least thrive to compete with.

That being said, well done to those that built this.

1 Like

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by lexy2014: 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
RTSC:

That is the problem with Nigeria generally.
Poor attention to athestics.

The product may be highly advanced to the initiated eye, but the general population with little to no interest in the workings of the internal mechanics would see it as a toy.

Like she mentioned, "funds". Good aesthetics cost good money. Its not BBN so no one interested in putting in money to get a good finished product.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by bmos(m): 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
oluwasegun007:
Indus

What the hell is that? That is keke na. Cant they contact their brother Innoson Chukwuma for proper briefing and tutoring?

2 Likes

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by lexy2014: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
sexdoll:
this is absolute rubbish.

very very ugly piece of metal.

looks like something a learner welder craftsman handled.

note, I am only referring to the body work.

as per the internal working system, I trust my engineering annex boys na...

Yes sir. U right. D vehicle looks like keke napep. Packaging is key.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by SirIconR(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
observation.... It has no wipers... automatically it can't be used when it is raining..... Great work... Though
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by lonelydora: 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Mhen I'm not even Igbo but igbos truth be told are one of the most smartest and innovative ethnic group on the Africa continent. I won't deny it.

PS I'm Edo by the way

Thank for not being tribalistic.

Igbo amaka
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Abkreizi: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
Neoteny:

Heh

A typical useless dope is aggrieved because i call this useless contraption rubbish.

I don't normally consider maggots but I'll make an exception in your case and call you a butthurt piece of shiit scum, you can go and hang.

Motherfukker.

Another e-warrior on my dick trying to stir up some controversy. This clown wants to throw down with his father in hell. You're insane insulting me. Why you digging your own grave. I'll snap you like the collar on your mentally enslaved self.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by bmos(m): 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
? Even south Africans and Indians makes better cars, and this are countries we should at least thrive to compete with.

Some young South African girl Students showcase a properly built and flying plane just last week.

1 Like

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
sexdoll:
this is absolute rubbish.

very very ugly piece of metal.

looks like something a learner welder craftsman handled.

note, I am only referring to the body work.

as per the internal working system, I trust my engineering annex boys na...
They will tell you rome wasnt built in a day grin
This rome is taking forever to build
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by wirinet(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
bmos:
? Even south Africans and Indians makes better cars, and this are countries we should at least thrive to compete with.

Some young South African girl Students showcase a properly built and flying plane just last week.

South African teens fly from Cape to Cairo in homemade plane

from Cape Town.

The four-seater Sling 4 plane was assembled by a group of 20 students from vastly different backgrounds.

The crew landed in Namibia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zanzibar, Tanzania and Uganda during the 12,000km (7,455 mile) trip.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-48914418

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by omoakin87(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nice Innovation...... God bless Nigeria.

Meanwhile You can contact me for your installation and maintenance services of:

Satellite dishes such as DSTV AND FREE TO AIR TV STATIONS LIKE( Joy, tstv, nicomsat Amos, joy, etc) as well as CCTV and Intercom, Air condition etc.

You can contact my direct line on 08062551634.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by abatical(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
the Govt wont see this and support them instead they will be fighting to invent RUGA in our country for their evil agenda, great one from UNN
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by luluman: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Mhen I'm not even Igbo but igbos truth be told are one of the most smartest and innovative ethnic group on the Africa continent. I won't deny it.

PS I'm Edo by the way
what's the difference between cobra & mamba? them all na snake now.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by wirinet(m): 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
abatical:
the Govt wont see this and support them instead they will be fighting to invent RUGA in our country for their evil agenda, great one from UNN
How do you propose government support them?
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by taiocol: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
WTF is this

1 Like

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by youngibeh(m): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Nawa for Nigeria o. Electric cars wey dropouts dey make for India and China.
Thought school is meant for innovations and inventions and not copy and paste
WHO DO YOU THIS THING
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
Abkreizi:

Another e-warrior on my dick trying to stir up some controversy. This clown wants to throw down with his father in hell. You're insane insulting me. Why you digging your own grave. I'll snap you like the collar on your mentally enslaved self.

Internet boasts!

What are you, 14?

You sound like some pesky teenager bragging online.

One would think at this age you'd have discovered your penis and be engaged playing with it, or is your disk floppy? Does that explain the childish and impotent angst?

You poor, dickless, immature, insipid little fool.... I'm not impressed with your jejune and painfully banal boasts.

Now run along, kid, before you hurt yourself
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Daewang: 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbo Amaka. It must always be Igbos.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by youngibeh(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
[img]https://media1./images/cc691d6b41d2f745f8d03a120c17c4d1/tenor.gif?itemid=13187177[/img]
See what these coons are celebrating

I BELIEVE SAY TO LIGHT CANDLE GO BE CASE FOR YOU. ZOMBIE WEY NO FIT DO ANYTHING DE LAF PERSON WEY EVEN TRY.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Baba419(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
I see a lot of hate from the comments here.

Look down on us all you want, we are still miles ahead of others when it comes to local innovation.

Just give us Biafra first and we will know, don't be afraid

Bunch of herders and illiterate numbskulls.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by opobo007: 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is what a premium university in Nigeria can come up with in the 22nd century. How lazy to just fabricate Keke Napep and call it a concept car. By the way can we see the engine conversion system. Hope it's not filled with inverter batteries, lol!

1 Like

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Abkreizi: 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Neoteny:

Internet boasts!

What am I, 14?

I sound like some pesky teenager bragging online.

One would think at this age I'd have discovered your penis and be engaged playing with it, or is your disk too mighty for me? Does that explain the patriarchal and sensible composure?

I am a poor, dickless, immature, insipid little fool.... If you're not impressed with my jejune and painfully banal boasts. I will have no other choice than to ask for sniper.

Now, can I run along, good sire? Before I hurt myself?

Fixed...
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by kernel01: 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:

PS I'm Edo by the way

So... Why is your Moniker IgboByBlood? Anyway, I'm full fleshed Igbo man.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Abkreizi: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
opobo007:
This is what a premium university in Nigeria can come up with in the 22nd century. How lazy to just fabricate Keke Napep and call it a concept car. By the way can we see the engine conversion system. Hope it's not filled with inverter batteries, lol!
Who took you to the 22nd century?
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by kernel01: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Nawa for Nigeria o. Electric cars wey dropouts dey make for India and China.
Thought school is meant for innovations and inventions and not copy and paste

If Nigeria can copy and paste, Nigeria would have been leading Africa at least.
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Godyke(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is absolute rubbish. All I can see is a glorified Keke with seats like that of a Safari or golf course cars. With all the latest designs in town is this all a University Engineering students could come up with? Who even brought this kind of news online? I believe this project started in the nineteen eighties hence the body design finishing and should be better off being placed in museum than being seen on the road. What can a distance of a mere 30km offer. Besides nobody is talking of how many hours it will take to get a full charge. I can't celebrate this mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
kernel01:

So... Why is your Moniker IgboByBlood? Anyway, I'm full fleshed Igbo man.
grin what better way to mock igbos insulting my ethnic group? Using their moniker against them.

Lol I've passed that
Re: 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) by CodeTemplar: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Electric is much easier to build and I can't understand the hype surrounding of prototypes of electric car in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Vehicles Commissioned By Abdulrahman Dambazzau (Photos) / Panic As Vehicle Goes Up In Flames On Lagos Highway. Photos / No Going Back On Planned Enforcement Of New Licence, Plate Numbers – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.