Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand (20925 Views)

Google To Shutdown Google My Business Website Platform. / FG Asks Google To Remove 18 Loan Apps From Play Store (Full List) / Top 50 Brands: Dangote Now The Most Valuable Brand In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by TechCapon(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
martineverest:
that's because 10 years ago Facebook had the biggest prospects and now it's future is hanging since the Cambridge saga..even the cryptocurrency platform they launched last month is been rebuffed by French,American and other European governments..they tried entering hardware through VR,oculus but vr couldn't snowball to greatness....the two companies with biggest prospects are amazon and Microsoft which made them the biggest companies in the world.cloud market is projected to grow beyond 200billion...even the future of computing is also been lead by microsoft....which is quantum computing

AI, machine learning and deep learning are the only part Google is ahead.howevwr, Microsoft and Amazon are catching up...the biggest companies are already using Microsoft Machine learning platforms..Amazon Go uses Amazon AI,while Amazon rivals in shopping and health are chosin Microsoft ML platforms..where does Google lie?...the fact the GCP isn't gaining traction will hinder Google in enterprise market
yeah you have some very valid points but it's too early to write off Facebook cryptocurrency because I don't know any government who would support cryptocurrency the only way to to transact business without government interference or paying taxes. Anyway you have valid points
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
TechCapon:
yeah you have some very valid points but it's too early to write off Facebook cryptocurrency because I don't know any government who would support cryptocurrency the only way to to transact business without government interference or paying taxes. Anyway you have valid points
if u do a survey on tech sites,u will notice that Facebook and Google are the most hated and untrusted companies ....Amazon is also hated too.apple is the most loved and Microsoft was the most most hated until their new CEO tool charge.

because of the factors stated above,many are running away from Facebook new services.. their unavoidable services like Facebook,WhatsApp(unprofitable), Instagram,messenger are the ones making them money...new ones like Oculus etc arent even making waves.libra and calibra will suffer same fate.should governments block Libra and calibra if they come out fully, Facebook stock will fall further

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by TFLAME(m): 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Mangi:

Bros able borrow me ur 100 naira make I carry stake sure 2 odd..
I promise I go refund u am... If DE game enter

Bros I Don spend am
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by TechCapon(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
martineverest:
if u do a survey on tech sites,u will notice that Facebook and Google are the most hated and untrusted companies ....Amazon is also hated too.apple is the most loved and Microsoft was the most most hated until their new CEO tool charge.

because of the factors stated above,many are running away from Facebook new services.. their unavoidable services like Facebook,WhatsApp(unprofitable), Instagram,messenger are the ones making them money...new ones like Oculus etc arent even making waves.libra and calibra will suffer same fate.should governments block Libra and calibra if they come out fully, Facebook stock will fall further
your tech knowledge is very admirable. I think you should start a tech blog, you're really in the game not all those tech bloggers who just review tecno and Infinix phone and call themselves tech bloggers cheesy
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
TechCapon:
your tech knowledge is very admirable. I think you should start a tech blog, you're really in the game not all those tech bloggers who just review tecno and Infinix phone and call themselves tech bloggers cheesy
haha...thanks boss

reading tech news daily is one the bobbiew I can't do without daily ....another area is health and diet.

tho, I'm a mech. engr ...I don't intent starting a tech blog in the nearest future.tho I would love to have a degree in data science

1 Like

Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by TechCapon(m): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
martineverest:
haha...thanks boss

reading tech news daily is one the bobbiew I can't do without daily ....another area is health and diet.

tho, I'm a mech. engr ...I don't intent starting a tech blog in the nearest future.tho I would love to have a degree in data science
great. Keep it up and good luck with your new degree.. Keep it up
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
TechCapon:
great. Keep it up and good luck with your new degree.. Keep it up
thanks boss
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by wonlasewonimi: 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
martineverest:
do u even realise that Google is losing money on YouTube?.....companies that adoptee their gcp are slowly moving to azure and was..the wake of frequent breakdown of GCP is moving companies away from them.ddo u even know why Google doesn't reveal the earning of GCP?..GCP is growing at a snail speed pace.

there is a contract called JEDI.its the biggest contract in the world.only 2 companies,Amazon and Microsoft qualified for the contract bbecaus if their capacity in cloud computing.google pulled out cos it's unreliable..that's to show u how small and unreliable gcp is.

Google is luring companies with cheap price..... mostly only small companies subscribe to GCP.the bigger ones are pulling out.same with Gsuites usage.. starters are the ones using it when they become bigger, they switch

I dont know hwere you are getting your information from. Most companies I know and some I have worked for are very happy with google and they are not small companies either. Check out some of them here https://cloud.google.com/customers/#/ They are struggling to keep up with AWS and Azure agreed but they are a force to reckon with. They developed some state of the art platforms and engines that AWS and Azure containers/docker run on - kubernetes. This is changing how applications are deployed.

Let me telll you for a fact..If Apple and facebook die/kaput/go extinct today, people will move on as if nothing happened.

If Amazon, microsoft or google die today, the ripple effect will mimic end of the world.
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

I dont know hwere you are getting your information from. Most companies I know and some I have worked for are very happy with google and they are not small companies either. Check out some of them here https://cloud.google.com/customers/#/ They are struggling to keep up with AWS and Azure agreed but they are a force to reckon with. They developed some state of the art platforms and engines that AWS and Azure containers/docker run on - kubernetes. This is changing how applications are deployed.

Let me telll you for a fact..If Apple and facebook die/kaput/go extinct today, people will move on as if nothing happened.

If Amazon, microsoft or google die today, the ripple effect will mimic end of the world.
if Google or apple die today,the world could fe the impact...but if amazon or Microsoft dies,the world will end

K8s is the only unique thing about GCP...others are already having that features such as AKS.

the cloud computing is a 2-horse race my brother..even Alibaba is about usurping Google as third largest provider.many big companies are leaving GCP to Azure and aws.chexk the number of fortune 500 in GCP and compare it to aws And azure.the big companies in GCP usually ditch the platform when their contracts expires...same thing they do with Gsuites..have u noticed that Gsuites just added only 1 million paid users in the last 3 years compared office 365 with over 200 million users( Gsuites has 5million in total)..mind u,Gsuites had 5 years headstart B4 office 365..Gsuites and gcp are meant for start-ups.these start ups migrate to azure and was when they become bigger

1 Like

Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by wonlasewonimi: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
martineverest:
if Google or apple die today,the world could fe the impact...but if amazon or Microsoft dies,the world will end

K8s is the only unique thing about GCP...others are already having that features such as AKS.

the cloud computing is a 2-horse race my brother..even Alibaba is about usurping Google as third largest provider.many big companies are leaving GCP to Azure and aws.chexk the number of fortune 500 in GCP and compare it to aws And azure.the big companies in GCP usually ditch the platform when their contracts expires...same thing they do with Gsuites..have u noticed that Gsuites just added only 1 million paid users in the last 3 years compared office 365 with over 200 million users( Gsuites has 5million in total)..mind u,Gsuites had 5 years headstart B4 office 365..Gsuites and gcp are meant for start-ups.these start ups migrate to azure and was when they become bigger

K8s is one thing that binds all of them. I am not disputing the 2-horse race. It will be hard for google catch up with those two but they are holding their own.

How can you compare a refined product such as o365 to gsuites?

Many companies are not leaving GCP, they are replicating their databases and servers into GCP for distaster recovery. Lets not argue further, Google is here to stay, it is estimated that 90% of internet users visit google daily, they get 3billion hits per day.

Most startups use cloud anyway, it depends on whatever float their boat...but the maturity and refined nature of AWS and Azure works for them.
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Gsuite was 4 years ahead of office suites...it was Gsuite treat that made Microsoft develop office 365

K8s is one thing that binds all of them. I am not disputing the 2-horse race. It will be hard for google catch up with those two but they are holding their own.

How can you compare a refined product such as o365 to gsuites?

Many companies are not leaving GCP, they are replicating their databases and servers into GCP for distaster recovery. Lets not argue further, Google is here to stay, it is estimated that 90% of internet users visit google daily, they get 3billion hits per day.

Most startups use cloud anyway, it depends on whatever float their boat...but the maturity and refined nature of AWS and Azure works for them.
it's not about hitting billion users per day,it's about the future...EU have started their GDPR, California govt will enact their own GDPR laws and other powerful American states are following suits...DoJ are probing Google monopolies in android,AdSense, search,advert etc..thus the fall and stagnancy in their stock..should GDPR laws start I. full force,Google and Facebook will crash.thats the major reason they are delving into cloud,fibre, hardwares (pixel brands),AI,stadia(gaming),Google home,Google glass,quantum computing,waymo etc . unfortunately,they are losing money on those projects..lemme not forget: remember they created a parental company 'ALPHABET' to give room for those aforementioned post Google projects

conclusion: if Google can't steal data from the billion users ( because of GDPR lawsl),the billion users will be inconsequential

1 Like

Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by haryomikun(m): 2:50am On Jul 10, 2019
martineverest:
lol...Google and Facebook are dying company..they can't even go past advertising and privacy invasion..should USA and Europe enact the GDPR laws,Google and Facebook will die.... lately,Google have found it difficult in convincing people to buy into their new products

Amazon and Microsoft are the future cos of their cloud business....Amazon could encounter some hiccups cos of its privacy issues and monopolistic nature

Microsoft is currently the biggest company in the world by stock
All tech companies find it sometimes hard for people to buy into new stuff. No matter how good you are, not all your ventures can be successful.

Google is also invested in the cloud business. I'm currently using their services. Update yourself
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by haryomikun(m): 2:54am On Jul 10, 2019
oz4real83:
I don't know what to believe again. We were told some weeks back that Amazon has past $1trillion value followed by Apple and Google. How come we are now seeing less than $500billion worth for these companies?

Note the article said...

"BrandZ’s list combines measures of brand equity based on interviews with more than 3 million consumers about thousands of brands, with analysis of each company’s business and financial performance."

Those metrics used for ranking are different from stock value
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2019
haryomikun:

All tech companies find it sometimes hard for people to buy into new stuff. No matter how good you are, not all your ventures can be successful.

Google is also invested in the cloud business. I'm currently using their services. Update yourself
who said Google isn't in cloud business?...GCP is failing...while AWS and azure are growing at an astronomical pace,GCP has plateaued...Gsuites is even worse despite having 5 years headstart against office 365

the fact that Google didn't bid for JEDI contract,the biggest contract in the world, showed how unreliable Google cloud is
read my previous comments on this thread...I will see my extensive comments of Google cloud platform
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by aussig(m): 5:15am On Jul 11, 2019
LasgidiOnline:
Amazon has overtaken Google and Apple to become the world’s most valuable brand at $315.5 billion, according to the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand ranking 2019.

Technology companies have always dominated the list, with Microsoft taking the top spot when BrandZ began in 2006. This year, Alibaba overtook Tencent to become the most valuable Chinese brand. ⠀

Tech, finance and retail brands dominate the overall ranking, making up more than two-thirds of its value, while luxury is the fastest-growing category.⠀

To qualify for the ranking, brands must be publicly traded, or publish their financial results. BrandZ’s list combines measures of brand equity based on interviews with more than 3 million consumers about thousands of brands, with analysis of each company’s business and financial performance.⠀

The full list below;

1. Amazon $315.5 billion
2. Apple $309.5 billion
3. Google $309 billion
4. Microsoft $251.2 billion
5. Visa $177.9 billion
6. Facebook $159 billion
7. Alibaba $131.2 billion
8. Tencent $130.9 billion
9. McDonald’s $130.4 billion
10. AT&T $108.4 billion

https://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2019/07/amazon-beats-apple-google-worlds-most-valuable-brand.html

The smallest company on this list is probably worth more that the 10 biggest companies in Nigeria put together sad
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by princesweetman2(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2019
Buy paid udemy videos on AWS and Azure for N1000. Pere!

Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by wonlasewonimi: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
martineverest:
who said Google isn't in cloud business?...GCP is failing...while AWS and azure are growing at an astronomical pace,GCP has plateaued...Gsuites is even worse despite having 5 years headstart against office 365

the fact that Google didn't bid for JEDI contract,the biggest contract in the world, showed how unreliable Google cloud is
read my previous comments on this thread...I will see my extensive comments of Google cloud platform

What's the value of this your jedi project? Google deliberately pulled out of the bidding process cos it didnt align with their principles. This project is worth 10b dollars. They probably thought Amazon is more inclined to get the project as they already run Gov.cloud

How can you say a company that reported 36b dollars in revenue per quarter up by 17% year on year is failing? Guy abeg take it easy!
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

What's the value of this your jedi project? Google deliberately pulled out of the bidding process cos it didnt align with their principles. This project is worth 10b dollars. They probably thought Amazon is more inclined to get the project as they already run Gov.cloud

How can you say a company that reported 36b dollars in revenue per quarter up by 17% year on year is failing? Guy abeg take it easy!
jedi contract is worth 10billion dollars....Google withrww cos they couldn't meet the standard... Microsoft recently met the standard

amazon is more qualified,but I don't think they will get it as jeff bezos owns Washington post,a media that's anti-trump... recently,most DoD contracts are being awarded to microsoft;American military is now using Microsoft hololens and office 365.they also recently built 2 government data centers . oracle's case with Amazon are all signs that Amazon won't get the contract.

alphabet's last quarter revenue is 36 billion,but the fact 5hat their biggest revenue generator, adverts,isn't growing as expected . ' other bets', hardware and cloud arent profitable to them show that their future is bleak...if u are current,u will notice that their stock market fell by other 250 billion dollars in the last 4 months.thats because of their plateaued businesses
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by wonlasewonimi: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
martineverest:
jedi contract is worth 10billion dollars....Google withrww cos they couldn't meet the standard... Microsoft recently met the standard

amazon is more qualified,but I don't think they will get it as jeff bezos owns Washington post,a media that's anti-trump... recently,most DoD contracts are being awarded to microsoft;American military is now using Microsoft hololens and office 365.they also recently built 2 government data centers . oracle's case with Amazon are all signs that Amazon won't get the contract.

alphabet's last quarter revenue is 36 billion,but the fact 5hat their biggest revenue generator, adverts,isn't growing as expected . ' other bets', hardware and cloud arent profitable to them show that their future is bleak...if u are current,u will notice that their stock market fell by other 250 billion dollars in the last 4 months.thats because of their plateaued businesses

I am still struggling to understand where you're getting your information from.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/google-cloud-revenue-passes-1-billion-per-quarter.html
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

I am still struggling to understand where you're getting your information from.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/google-cloud-revenue-passes-1-billion-per-quarter.html
it seems u don't know the pace at which aws and azure are growing....Google is neither revealing the rate nor the revenue.that speak more about GCP growth.those value revealed by tech sites are guestimates,not the real value.

ask yourself these questions:

*how many fortune 500 companies are using gcp?
*why are many fortune 500 companies leaving GCP to aws or azure when their contracts with GCP expires?
*why is GSuite not growing at office 365 pace,despite having a 5 years headstart...Amazon has 10 years headstart B4 azure began,yet azure is t able to catch up......FYI,office 365 has over 200 million paid users,while Gsuite got just 5million

*why are start-ups the major users of GCP and these startups leave for aws and gcp when they become bigger?

*why is GCP the cheapest amongst AW,azure and GCP?...this is the main reason why startups chose GCP

*why are Microsoft and Amazon cloud annual revenues over 30 billion dollars and Google cloud isnt up to 5 billion?
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by wonlasewonimi: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
martineverest:
it seems u don't know the pace at which aws and azure are growing....Google is neither revealing the rate nor the revenue.that speak more about GCP growth.those value revealed by tech sites are guestimates,not the real value.

ask yourself these questions:

*how many fortune 500 companies are using gcp?
*why are many fortune 500 companies leaving GCP to aws or azure when their contracts with GCP expires?
*why is GSuite not growing at office 365 pace,despite having a 5 years headstart...Amazon has 10 years headstart B4 azure began,yet azure is t able to catch up......FYI,office 365 has over 200 million paid users,while Gsuite got just 5million

*why are start-ups the major users of GCP and these startups leave for aws and gcp when they become bigger?

*why is GCP the cheapest amongst AW,azure and GCP?...this is the main reason why startups chose GCP

*why are Microsoft and Amazon cloud annual revenues over 30 billion dollars and Google cloud isnt up to 5 billion?

You keep going on and on. I have told you Google will never match AWS and azure but they are still profitable.

I showed you a link where HSBC, sky, GE etc use gcp. Must everybody use them?

They make money from plethora of Services, you keep telling us they have plateaued/Jos .

Can you tell a good and reliable alternative to Google search engine? They can't be leaders in every area bro.
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

You keep going on and on. I have told you Google will never match AWS and azure but they are still profitable.

I showed you a link where HSBC, sky, GE etc use gcp. Must everybody use them?

They make money from plethora of Services, you keep telling us they have plateaued/Jos .

Can you tell a good and reliable alternative to Google search engine? They can't be leaders in every area bro.
u keep bringing search engine to the table...what's the essence of search engine to Google?.......ADVERT

should California and entire USA enact GDPR laws like Europe,Google search will become almost useless to google
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by wonlasewonimi: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
martineverest:
u keep bringing search engine to the table...what's the essence of search engine to Google?.......ADVERT

should California and entire USA enact GDPR laws like Europe,Google search will become almost useless to google

Bro I work in a company that have been breached as infosec sme. Let me tell you today, breaches are inevitable... it's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter of 'when'.

BA has just been fined 183m pounds, Marriott hotels 99m pounds under gdpr. Google will be fined and they will pay. They can't compete with AWS and Azure and they might not have loads if customers but they are up there. You better go and get GCp certified grin
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by martineverest(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Bro I work in a company that have been breached as infosec sme. Let me tell you today, breaches are inevitable... it's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter of 'when'.

BA has just been fined 183m pounds, Marriott hotels 99m pounds under gdpr. Google will be fined and they will pay. They can't compete with AWS and Azure and they might not have loads if customers but they are up there. You better go and get GCp certified grin
who is talking about data breach...GDPR is all about not allowing Google and Facebook especially to invade its users privacy without their consent....collection of users datas and info and selling to individuals for advert is what Google and Facebook are built on

GCP certification is a waste of money.....u can't tell when Google will deprecate or eradicate GCP...cos killing of services is Google's new habit
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by tck2000(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
oh
Re: Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand by jaeybee98(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Hello sir, i'm trying to get your attention that's why i'm quoting you here sir.
I'm presently an Undergraduate in Federal University in Nigeria studying Biochemistry (its on the SOC list tho) but then, i've learnt HTML & CSS and i'm presently learning JS. After JS, i will also learn PHP, MSQL & PYTHON... What other language do you suggest i learn to and what part of IT can i delve into thats hot in demand in the Uk?
I'm planning to move out on a tier 2 visa after my undergraduate studies.
Your words and advise will go a long way in helping me sir.

Cc; wonlasewonimi
Bossman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bode Agusto Is Dead / ‘Form A’ Applicants To Submit Three-year Tax Clearance Certificates – Banks / First Steps: How To Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.