Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,440 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Glo 4g+ Or Lte + - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4g+ Or Lte + (2674 Views)

Mtn 3g Vs Glo 4g Lte Internet Speed Test(Shocking Result) / Camon Cx Air Glo 4G Compatibility / Glo 4g Lte Is Bae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Please who's phone uses glo 4g and it's showing LTE+ or 4G+
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by fireback: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
I just bought their 4g sim direct from their branch in Allen. Recharged #1200, bought data #1000, they gave me total of 3500MB, But I couldn't browse with it, it was fake. Didn't display anything like 4g and the network was going ON and OFF. After one week 1 removed the sim and put it inside fire and burnt it.

6 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by sirvvy: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
fireback:
I just bought their 4g sim direct from their branch in Allen. Recharged #1200, bought data #1000, they gave me total of 3500MB, But I couldn't browse with it, it was fake. Didn't display anything like 4g and the network was going ON and OFF. After one week 1 removed the sim and put it inside fire and burnt it.

grin grin guy!!!!

1 Like

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Sanemind(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
fireback:
Are you new to glo 4G?
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by fireback: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sanemind:
Are you new to glo 4G?
it's my first time of using glo. Honestly those guys chased me four forty.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by mikool007(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Some people are just unfortunate, no one even bothered to answer the question the op asked, small mistakes like this is how people fail in life
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by satelliteDISH(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
mikool007:
Some people are just unfortunate, no one even bothered to answer the question the op asked, small mistakes like this is how people fail in life

You wey no wan fail in life, Oya answer the op question.

Hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Djdannyb4u: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Glo's 4g LTE is on band 28 which so many phones 2day don't have. My mother's Samsung Galaxy A9 shows 4G cos it supports band 28. My Samsung Galaxy A30 just shows H+ cos it doesn't have band 28. I still enjoy the glo data services though.
My advice to anybody dat intends to use Glo 4G, should 1st check if his/her phone supports band 28.
Cheers

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Sanemind(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
fireback:
it's my first time of using glo. Honestly those guys chased me four forty.
which phone are u using with it?
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by princemillla(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
People using iphone from iPhone 6 up get LTE on glo
Some 2018 phone support band 28(700)

Op there is nothing like LTE+ or 4G + it’s just LTE or 4G

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by fredie107(m): 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
fireback:

Glo 4g runs on band 28. So if ur phone does not support their band.... Even if Adenuga himself puts the sim in ur phone, it won't work. Check the 4g bands ur phone support

1 Like

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by passendi: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
fredie107:

Glo 4g runs on band 28. So if ur phone does not support their band.... Even if Adenuga himself puts the sim in ur phone, it won't work. Check the 4g bands ur phone support

I have universal router that runs on Glo 4g. Contact me for details
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by adedayo3193(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
fireback:

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by 1x2x3: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
What's this one saying? Glo 4G is blazing + loads of bonuses.

3 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by ithink7: 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Glo is scam.
It shows LTE when I pass through Ikoyi, mushin, and few places in Lagos. But in Surulere, the best I get is H+. The network keep going on and off. Sometimes I only get Edge. Even in places where I got LTE, the network is as slow as a snail.
For on MTN, I get LTE almost everywhere and is crazy fast. Pages open before I blink and never fluctuate. Even right now, I can only get Edge on Glo. MTN never fails.

Sim1 is MTN. Sim2 is Glo.

I think Glo 4G coverage is not everywhere yet

1 Like

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by 1x2x3: 1:05am On Jul 10, 2019
ithink7:
Glo is scam.
It shows LTE when I pass through Ikoyi, mushin, and few places in Lagos. But in Surulere, the best I get is H+. The network keep going on and off. Sometimes I only get Edge. Even in places where I got LTE, the network is as slow as a snail.
For on MTN, I get LTE almost everywhere and is crazy fast. Pages open before I blink and never fluctuate. Even right now, I can only get Edge on Glo. MTN never fails.

So it's also safe to say MTN is a scam since I don't have the 4G coverage in my area but Glo 4G coverage is superb?

4 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by dustmalik: 1:23am On Jul 10, 2019
princemillla:

The emboldened is wrong. There is 4G+, also known as LTE-A or LTE Advanced. It's achieved through carrier aggregation, meaning combing two 4G bands to achieve faster speed.

In Glo's case, I believe it's the combination of band 28 and band 3, which is only available in select locations.

MTN recently launched its own 4G+ using the combination of band 7 and band 20 in Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt. Only some select phones have the capability of carrier aggregation.

6 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by princemillla(m): 2:50am On Jul 10, 2019
dustmalik:

The emboldened is wrong. There is 4G+, also known as LTE-A or LTE Advanced. It's achieved through carrier aggregation, meaning combing two 4G bands to achieve faster speed.

In Glo's case, I believe it's the combination of band 28 and band 3, which is only available in select locations.

MTN recently launched its own 4G+ using the combination of band 7 and band 20 in Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt. Only some select phones have the capability of carrier aggregation.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know. Haven’t seen it befor now that you’ve clarified it I will be on the look out for it
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by dadalicious: 4:41am On Jul 10, 2019
fireback:
Smart phones are for smart people and you are not smart.
Glo 4G is the fastest in the country.
Did you find out if your phone is 4G compliant on globacom frequency?
If you did elementary physics you will know that the lower the frequency, the faster and farther the waves travel.
Glo is on band 28(around 700MHz) the lowest frequency in the country hence the fastest
Not all phones have band 28.
You can't buy aviation fuel in your car and expect it to move like a jet.
Just because you have a 4G glo Sim, you want to automatically make your phone run on their frequency
Most high end phones have band 28, .
That being said, glo needs to work on their availability, as sometimes network dey fail.
But still the fastest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by mikool007(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2019
satelliteDISH:

You wey no wan fail in life, Oya answer the op question.

Hypocrite.
There are two sides to your own brain
On the right side there is nothing left and on the left there is nothing right

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by fireback: 7:16am On Jul 10, 2019
dadalicious:

Smart phones are for smart people and you are not smart.
Glo 4G is the fastest in the country.
Did you find out if your phone is 4G compliant on globacom frequency?
If you did elementary physics you will know that the lower the frequency, the faster and farther the waves travel.
Glo is on band 28(around 700MHz) the lowest frequency in the country hence the fastest
Not all phones have band 28.
You can't buy aviation fuel in your car and expect it to move like a jet.
Just because you have a 4G glo Sim, you want to automatically make your phone run on their frequency
Most high end phones have band 28, .
That being said, glo needs to work on their availability, as sometimes network dey fail.
But still the fastest
I use Blackberry Classic phone and etisalat line and their 4Glte is bomb it's faster than any other thing you could think of. Am sure anybody using the same phone can confirm what am saying. Any time I put the glo sim in d blackberry classic, the 4glt will just disapear and network start going ON and OFF. I tried to call their customer care for the first time but they were speaking FULANI for me. I tried the customer care severally, it was still the same fulani language, that was why I took the sim to their office myself. The charming lady I met in their office collected my phone press somethings and all that and told me it will work latter. When I got home the only thing that changed was the fulani language but the 4g still not work. So I call customer care this time, the beautiful voice told me to set my phone Internet settings manually, she told what to set which I did but the problem was still there. So I beared it for one week before I became angry and burn the sim card and replaced with my etisalat sim and continue my browsing till now. The reason I tried to switch to glo was the advert I saw on the tele about their MB but when it failed I have to run back to etisalat for cover.
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Phoenixk: 7:40am On Jul 10, 2019
Price ..??
passendi:

I have universal router that runs on Glo 4g. Contact me for details
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by passendi: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2019
Phoenixk:
Price ..??
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Phoenixk: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2019
Thanks

passendi:
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2019
fireback:

I use Blackberry Classic phone and etisalat line and their 4Glte is bomb it's faster than any other thing you could think of. Am sure anybody using the same phone can confirm what am saying. Any time I put the glo sim in d blackberry classic, the 4glt will just disapear and network start going ON and OFF. I tried to call their customer care for the first time but they were speaking FULANI for me. I tried the customer care severally, it was still the same fulani language, that was why I took the sim to their office myself. The charming lady I met in their office collected my phone press somethings and all that and told me it will work latter. When I got home the only thing that changed was the fulani language but the 4g still not work. So I call customer care this time, the beautiful voice told me to set my phone Internet settings manually, she told what to set which I did but the problem was still there. So I beared it for one week before I became angry and burn the sim card and replaced with my etisalat sim and continue my browsing till now. The reason I tried to switch to glo was the advert I saw on the tele about their MB but when it failed I have to run back to etisalat for cover.

First have u confirmed if the blackberry phone u are using supports band 28? If not then everything u said here doesn't make sense. If ur phone doesn't support the band, then there's no way u will get 4g.

Meanwhile I hate glo like a plaque. I have their sim and didn't even use it for 1 day. My phone supports their band but their Network is like a snail (I stay in Lagos). The 4g comes and goes at will. And for people saying it depends on location, well maybe yes but I've never ever been anywhere where glo network is stable. NEVER. I've enjoyed mtn, Airtel and etisalat, never glo. And I still think MTN has the fastest and most stable 4g. Followed closely by Airtel. Just last week I downloaded a 50gb file on PS4 and took me about 15 hours to complete.

3 Likes

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by bigtt76(f): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2019
Appears your phone does not support the band 28 but rather band 3 which Glo is currently testing in selected areas

ithink7:
Glo is scam.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by lordizak(m): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
princemillla:

They don't know what band is.
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Cassie74: 7:07am On Jul 31, 2019
[quote authentic hor=passendi post=80115922]25k [/quote]

Do you Still have the router
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2019
dustmalik:

brother forget all this things you are saying, LTE is 4G there's nothing different, just that some phones choose to represent them that way is either 4G or LTE, simple.

4g bands will certainly show 4G or LTE, You can't say because mtn is band 7 then is 4G and glo is band 28 then is LTE, No I don't agree
4G bands are are the same, there are no two types of 4g the only difference is how you phone choose to display them or the speed lite CAT4 and CAT6, do you Know that my phone never shows LTE, I have tried glo, Airtel and mtn, it only shows 4G, and there's nothing like 4G+, this misconception might be coming from H+ and 3G, but when mobile data is switched on you get H+ for high speed internet, but when off you get 3G for calls. some phone will never show H+

4g bands like 3,7,8,27,28 Will still show 4G icon or LTE, not 4G+, one at time for a particular device.
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by passendi: 9:32am On Jul 31, 2019
Cassie74:

Do you Still have the router

Yes, it goes for 27k, battery size is 10000mah. WhatsApp +2348037586990
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by Darkseid(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2019
fireback:

Scam o! Scam o!! Scam o!!!
Re: Glo 4g+ Or Lte + by dustmalik: 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
CarlyX8:

brother forget all this things you are saying, LTE is 4G there's nothing different, just that some phones choose to represent them that way is either 4G or LTE, simple.

4g bands will certainly show 4G or LTE, You can't say because mtn is band 7 then is 4G and glo is band 28 then is LTE, No I don't agree
4G bands are are the same, there are no two types of 4g the only difference is how you phone choose to display them or the speed lite CAT4 and CAT6, do you Know that my phone never shows LTE, I have tried glo, Airtel and mtn, it only shows 4G, and there's nothing like 4G+, this misconception might be coming from H+ and 3G, but when mobile data is switched on you get H+ for high speed internet, but when off you get 3G for calls. some phone will never show H+

4g bands like 3,7,8,27,28 Will still show 4G icon or LTE, not 4G+, one at time for a particular device.
I don't mean to be rude, but please, learn to argue over knowledge you have. It's not everything you delve into. Your post is full of ignorance, and I don't know where to start correcting you from.

Do you know what I do for a living? Do you know where I work? Let's just leave it at that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Link To Down Operamini2.06 And Bolt1.5 / Please Someone: Help Me Unlock M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Alcatel Ot-355! / Glo Bounce 30mb Now Valid For Two Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.