Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly (14009 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Congratulates Victor Edoror, New Speaker Of Edo House Of Assembly / Edo House Of Assembly ‘Sacks’ 12 Lawmakers-Elect / Edo House Of Assembly Election: APC Wins All 24 Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Ecstasy154(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
By Ahmed Musa

Abuja – The House of Representatives may be poised to take over the affairs of the Edo state Assembly following the intractable crisis that hit the legislative house on June 17, 2019.

This followed a motion under matters of urgent public importance brought by Hon. Julius Ihovbare calling attention to the need to correct constitutional breach by the government of governor Godwin Obaseki.

Members speaking on the matter roundly condemned what they described as “executive rascality” demonstrated by the state governor who allegedly inaugurated 9 out of 24 members at about 10 pm without properly issuing the executive proclamation.

Details later…

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-reps-move-to-take-over-edo-house-of-assembly/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
See I be Edo guy and I support PDP in federal level and I don't like buhari one bit.

If APC tries nonsense with obaseki they will loose Edo State, I support the man infact 90% of Edo support him only looters and thieves are angry.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by kereman1: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
V
#igbobyblood how on earth did u beat me to FTC, dude u are soo sleek.
even with d rush wey I use, E no go beta for GLO.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by codeplace(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
They should also take over presidency

9 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Knox123(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
grin

Ghen ghen ...
WAR part 2...
Oshiomhole done throw one missile...
Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Injiggerwolf(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tired of hearing the word crises in this Country

4 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by donviso(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nigeria continues to fall apart �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
Oshiomole

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by NeekolazWorld(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Anything for our nation to move forward is highly welcome.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Kundagarten: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Touch our wake and see governor and APC is history in Edo state.
Obaseki is more loved than the odious Oshiomhole.
And I support Obaseki's probe of Oshiomhole's govt. How can you use state resources to build a university in your village.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by yinkus6750(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
Obaseki really outdid himself here.
Allow them to convene normally.
Play your game well and your candidate will carry the day..after all , Oshiomole had Hus way as planned with the NASS

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by illiteratepmb: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
It will never happen. Not with the rubber stamp legislatures we have.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by Psyrus(m): 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
That frog has started croaking again. Where my origin bitters abeg

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by delamb01: 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Instead of them to take over Borno, Zamfara, Kaduna and Katsina states where the governors have lost almost total control of the security of their states, they are here contemplating of taking over Edo state House of Assembly where there is no brake down of law and order. I'm seeing Oshomole 's hands in this. he should simply accept political defeat, after all similar scenario occurred in his time

13 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by wink2015(m): 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ecstasy154:
By Ahmed Musa

Abuja – The House of Representatives may be poised to take over the affairs of the Edo state Assembly following the intractable crisis that hit the legislative house on June 17, 2019.

This followed a motion under matters of urgent public importance brought by Hon. Julius Ihovbare calling attention to the need to correct constitutional breach by the government of governor Godwin Obaseki.

Members speaking on the matter roundly condemned what they described as “executive rascality” demonstrated by the state governor who allegedly inaugurated 9 out of 24 members at about 10 pm without properly issuing the executive proclamation.

Details later…

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-reps-move-to-take-over-edo-house-of-assembly/

I HOPE THIS HONOURABLES WILL SPARE EDO STATE THIS NEEDLESS CRISIS.

Those who "MAKE PEACEFUL CHANGE IMPOSSIBLE, MAKES VIOLENT CHANGE INEVITABLE "

President Muhammadu Buhari and Comrade Adams Oshiomole should listen to the voice of reasoning and spare Edo state this needless crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by hannysur8(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Power must change hand
Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by agabusta: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
See I be Edo guy and I support PDP in federal level and I don't like buhari one bit.

If APC tries nonsense with obaseki they will loose Edo State, I support the man infact 90% of Edo support him only looters and thieves are angry.

I also like Obaseki but will not support illegal moves.

Why inaugurate only 9 members out of a 24-member assembly?? Let him do the proper thing and everybody will be ok.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by mixta140: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
Oh ok
Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by pmc01(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
deleyi20:
DIGRESSION ALERT: Guys whenever you see those betting spams and sex spams, please click report, type 9 and click report again. They’ll be blocked from the post instantly.

Let us all join hands to frustrate these fraudsters out of Nairaland.

You Sabi. Thanks
Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by unitysheart(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
agabusta:

I also like Obaseki but will not support illegal moves.

Why inaugurate only 9 members out of a 24-member assembly?? Let him do the proper thing and everybody will be ok.

I am sure those talking trash are illiterates. They want to put something over nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by bluecircle470: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:

Who know you... rubbish.
Nah illegality u dey support

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by valarmorghulis: 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
deleyi20:
DIGRESSION ALERT: Guys whenever you see those betting spams and sex spams, please click report, type 9 and click report again. They’ll be blocked from the post instantly.

Let us all join hands to frustrate these fraudsters out of Nairaland.
It works, I just tried it
Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by charlesELIKIBA: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:

i know most will disagree with us but Governor Obaseki is the best thing that has happened to Edo people

5 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by publicsensor: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
Better

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Take Over Edo House Of Assembly by paycorrect(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
If there is constitutional breach, go to the supreme court for interpretation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Nigerian Senate Had The Longest Session In 20 Years / Infant, Two Others Die In Abeokuta Due To As Gas Explosion / For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.