Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Two Feared Dead As Police Open Fire On Shiite Protesters At NASS Complex - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Feared Dead As Police Open Fire On Shiite Protesters At NASS Complex (29991 Views)

Police Shoot At Shiite Protesters (Graphics Photo) / Police Officers Evacuate Corpses of Shiite Protesters Killed In Abuja [PICS] / Moment Police Opened Fire On Shiite Protesters Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Two Feared Dead As Police Open Fire On Shiite Protesters At NASS Complex by zoedew: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2019
kingzizzy:

You still dont get it. How do you think the international community will see a country that kills it's own citizens just to make way for the Army chief? While other countries are moving heaven and earth to save the lives of their citizens, your own country is killing its own people so that a mere highly place civil servant called COAS can have right of way? Something as precious as life which can never be gotten back when lost is what your armed forces freely waste away over flimsy reason of blocking of road. And you want people in the international community to take you people seriously as a progressive country that has value for human life and rule of law.

From what I gather, the Shiites were having some sort of yearly religious procession when the convoy of the COAS came across them. The refused to give way to the convoy and this led to Soldiers opening fire on them killing many.

If this story is true the Burutai and his convoy committed murder. There are reasons for killing a person but blocking of the road is no reason

“From what I gather” would suggest you don’t live in Nigeria. I do. Except your heart is frozen or made of steel, when the Shiites are out on the streets for any reason you won’t be doing yourself any good staying out there as well - they simply take over! I told you to read up on them. It is part of their operating strategy to intimidate and strike fear the sub-conscious Of the civilian populace by taking over the streets in a manner akin to a show of force manoeuvre by the military. The Buratai incident was beyond blocking of the road. The Shiites are focused on a take over of the realm where they are found if allowed! Their trajectory considered, it would not be beyond them to seize the COAS if they were allowed to successfully obstruct his movement on the day in question. It would be irresponsible to handle the personal security of the COAS that lightly in all the circumstances. It is the threat assessment level that determines the rules of engagement in any skirmish. Shiites test the waters and will rush at your structure and overwhelm same should your approach to the menace they constitute be adopted. There must be an to a discourse where diverse opinions ossify into a parallel line. Let’s bring this to a close. Meanwhile whenever someday somewhere you must deal with Shiites go ahead and deploy your suggested approach and we’ll see where it takes you! As for me, I ain’t closing my two eyes when doing Shiite - the Shiite goes down first! So long amigo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready For Use By Christmas 2022 – FG / FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu / Obiano Lied About $5Million Vegetable Exports - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.