Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong (25564 Views)

Transfer: Dani Alves signs for Arsenal, to receive £200,000-a-week wage / Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / Dani Osvaldo: Lionel Messi Has 'No Life', Lives In A 'Golden Prison' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by tesppidd: 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Never forget in a hurry.

NB no corruption when it favours you and your team but na corruption when it goes against you....
Nobody should stop anybody from complaining.

Drogba complained that time, why shouldn't Messi complain now?

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by tesppidd: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
thesicilian:
Whether Messi thinks he's right or not, he should issue a public apology. As long as he can't provide any tangible proof of the corruption. And the thing about apologies is, he doesn't even have to mean it, just say sorry.
What more proof do you want?

Even if the proof was staring at You, would you accept it?

VAR was used throughout the competition.
Even in the final Brazil versus Peru VAR was used in awarding 2 penalties.

How did VAR suddenly disappear in the Argentina versus Brazil game?

Even with 2 penalty appeals?

Dani Alvez and co should stop trying to save face.

If VAR was not in existence I could pardon the referee and take it as a normal error.

But there has got to be an explanation for refusing to consult VAR not just once but twice!

As long as you hate Messi I do not expect you to be able to see any proof.

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by IamCharles123: 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
tesppidd:

If VAR was not in existence I could pardon the referee and take it as a normal error.

But there has got to be an explanation for refusing to consult VAR not just once but twice!

All this Messi fans sef

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Another one.. shocked shocked
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
tesppidd:
Nobody should stop anybody from complaining.

Drogba complained that time, why shouldn't Messi complain now?

i never said he shouldn't complain but to say he didnt collect medal bcus he felt the officials were corrupt what happen to other times he collect medals why its obvious match officials were in favour of barca..

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
izzou:
grin

His fans are on their way to remind us how Messi is the meekest man on earth after Jesus

I still blame Paraguay for giving him/them a voice grin
Meekest people are the most hated..

Messi's humility does not translate to timidity

He has spoken as a GOAT, COMEBOL should fix itself!!

Dani Alves is speaking from an understanding point of view tho..

Messi never complained about the federation until now...

When he speaks, the wole world listen!!!

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
thesicilian:
Whether Messi thinks he's right or not, he should issue a public apology. As long as he can't provide any tangible proof of the corruption. And the thing about apologies is, he doesn't even have to mean it, just say sorry.
VAR absence against Brazil is his proof!!
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Wina99(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
izzou:
grin

His fans are on their way to remind us how Messi is the meekest man on earth after Jesus

I still blame Paraguay for giving him/them a voice grin

One of the reasons why you are here talking shit about Messi is because he hasn't won any international trophy for his country.. if Messi had won all three finals he played, football would have been boring when matters that concerns Messi comes up.. nothing to talk or argue about him.. the fact he hasn't makes it beautiful to talk about and fun to argue about his greatness
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
Emu4life:
The only GOAT that was slaughtered before SALLAHgrin
The only GOAT that score a brace before Salah while VVD was still avoiding dribbles cool
Origi changed everything tho...

Origi should win the Ballon d'or grin
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by BlogRabbit: 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
Messi was never good in anywhere else from camp nou he should get that

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
GenFunction:
WHEN UEFALONA were frustrating pple with officiating him no know that year.....
When Maradona was scoring hand ball goal that year and won the World cup , did it count or not??

This is a VAR era. Messi is right...

How can a Ref decide not to use the VAR in a Super clasico match??

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
DarlingEmojist:
"A friend should be corrected when he goes wrong" - Dani Alves
I guess Messi is still shocked on how Barca lost against Liverpool in the last UEFA
Origi!!
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
tesppidd:

There are too many Haters here..
They only think about the Juventus guy anytime they want to criticize Messi...

Messi is 100% right on this one.

Comebol should fix herself!!

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tonymegabush1:

i never said he shouldn't complain but to say he didnt collect medal bcus he felt the officials were corrupt what happen to other times he collect medals why its obvious match officials were in favour of barca..
That match was during VAR era??
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by aristocratic5(m): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
Blabbermouth:
We all witnessed your undying effort for the national team. But, forever maintain your silence Messi. Excuses are tools for weak people
You are 100% right bro

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by tesppidd: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tonymegabush1:

Okay,

I get you now.

But I don't think he declined the medal because of the Brazil match.
It was because of the red card he received against Chile.

Players who are red carded in matches like that can decide whether they want to return for the medals presentation or not.
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by holums(m): 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Firstly he blamed the pitch which to me is an excuse, the football pitch in the picture above look good and secondly blaming the tournament and match officials as corrupt, arrogant statements...........typical Argentine, no wonder Argentina has been stagnant in winning trophies since Maradona era cos of their inconsistency unlike Brazil who are consistent, I don’t like Argentina judging by their histories of racism and diminishing of their black citizens some centuries ago by reducing them to less than 1% trying to turn the country to whitest in South America

6 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by tesppidd: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
eni4real:
When Maradona was scoring hand ball goal that year and won the World cup , did it count or not??

Instead of grandstanding, The referee and CONMEBOL just need to apologize and let's move on.

Messi Is 100 percent right on this one.
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
tesppidd:
Instead of grandstanding, The referee and CONMEBOL just need to apologize and let's move on.

Exactly!
But will they be remorseful enough??
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by holums(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
tesppidd:

I disagree VAR favoured Argentina against the Super Eagles in Russia World Cup by refusing to award us another penalty but the pendulum didn’t swing in his favour hence the excuse he’s giving. Brazil were a better side in winning the match

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by tesppidd: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
holums:

I disagree VAR favoured Argentina against the Super Eagles in Russia World Cup by refusing to award us another penalty but the pendulum didn’t swing in his favour hence the excuse he’s giving. Brazil were a better side in winning the match
You are still missing the point.

In our case the ref did not refuse to use the VAR.

He used it and still made a wrong judgement.

In this case the ref refused to use it at all.

Not once but twice.

Haba.
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by holums(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by holums(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
tesppidd:
You are still missing the point.

In our case the ref did not refuse to use the VAR.

He used it and still made a wrong judgement.

In this case the ref refused to use it at all.

Not once but twice.

Haba.

Ok I got the point though you made a valid observation here but you will agree with me that Brazil would still have won the match if the referee had gone for the VAR twice to assess the situation, this VAR of a thing is generating lot of controversy
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by 27Pushing30: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
eni4real:

LOL oga NO REF HAS THE RIGHT TO USE VAR... VAR is manned by a ref who then calls the attention of the ref on the field when a CLEAR & OBVIOUS ERROR is made. IF the ref is still unconvinced by what the VAR Ref is saying he can the proceed to check the vid replay in the booth.

Let messi start by returning the World besr player award UEFALONA stole from WESLEY SNEIJDER!

5 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by buzzcypha(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
Anny505:
If it were Ronaldo, some people would have lectured us on how he is arrogant and irresponsible. Anyways, we are waiting to hear the retirement news grin
Bros you just made my year worthwhile
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
27Pushing30:

LOL oga NO REF HAS THE RIGHT TO USE VAR... VAR is manned by a ref who then calls the attention of the ref on the field when a CLEAR & OBVIOUS ERROR is made. IF the ref is still unconvinced by what the VAR Ref is saying he can the proceed to check the vid replay in the booth.

Let messi start by returning the World besr player award UEFALONA stole from WESLEY SNEIJDER!
Ribery says hi!
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by 27Pushing30: 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
eni4real:
Ribery says hi!
Lol Mikel and Naija 2005 U-20 set says HELLO!

3 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
27Pushing30:

Lol Mikel and Naija 2005 U-20 set says HELLO!
Mikel can't tie Messi's boot

Messi: 5 Ballon d'or
All African football genius of all time combined: 1 Ballon d'or!

Stop mentioning Mikel in the same sentence as the GOAT!
Mikel has international trophy tho grin
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
holums:

VAR was not used against Brazil!!!
Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by toprealman: 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Messi sef.....he behaves like a kid.
Must you win everything? All the penalty/ disallowed goals against Nigeria..... are we complaining?
Many red cards against you for the past 14 yrs no photo, you pick one in 14 yrs, now this poo.
Pack one side joor......allow new breeds to take over.

3 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
Leonbonapart:
Ha ha ... hilarious ... where do you make those images, I have been seeing them on NL cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Fails To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar After Ghana Draw / Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Colombia [1 - 0] @ Women's U-20 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.