Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

I want To Win The Golden Boot- Ighalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I want To Win The Golden Boot- Ighalo (706 Views)

Salah, Mane And Aubameyang Share The Golden Boots Awards With 22 Goals Each / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup / Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo Risk World Cup Ban In Yaounde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I want To Win The Golden Boot- Ighalo by MicheyJ1: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Shanghai Greenland Shenhua striker Odion Ighalo wants to emulate Segun Odegbami, Rashidi Yekini, Julius Aghahowa, Austin Okocha and Emmanuel Emenike by emerging the top scorer of the Africa Cup of Nations.

The former Watford star is one of the frontrunners for the 2019 AFCON Golden Boot award, having scored three goals along with Sadio Mané, Cédric Bakambu and Adam Ounas.

Though Ighalo is interested in being top scorer, he has stressed that he is putting the team first ahead of personal success.

''It will be nice but first I'll put the team ahead because if I don't win the Golden Boot and we win the trophy I'll be very happy because we are here to do that,'' said Ighalo at Tuesday morning's press conference attended by allnigeriasoccer.com.

''I am a striker, I want to score goals but if the goal does not come and we win the game, I'll be more satisfied.''

Ighalo is the leading Nigeria scorer since the appointment of Gernot Rohr as coach with 11 goals in competitive matches.

Re: I want To Win The Golden Boot- Ighalo by Thugaa: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
You can do it if you believe and work hard
Re: I want To Win The Golden Boot- Ighalo by johnmartus(m): 3:26am On Jul 10, 2019
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Signs David Luiz / Juventus Vs Napoli 4-3 Highlights (download Video) / Mateo Messi Scores And Celebrate Like His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.