Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? (17145 Views)

Bolaji Oluwadunsin: Nairalander Wins 2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant Of $5000 / Tony Elumelu Foundation, TEF List Of Selected Entrepreneur 2019 Is Out! / Apply For Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 10, 2019
stagger:
It is not for northerners. If you are a southerner living in the North, you qualify.

smh...Everything north is associated with poverty

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 10, 2019
Strech:
my sister! May I remind you that the most successful business man in Nigeria is from that region. Sentiment aside, out of the 3 tribes in Nigeria none Sabi business pass Hausa man.

It is obvious you have never worked with an igbo man or seen any work before

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by PQvii: 5:09am On Jul 10, 2019
post=80104961:

Why are you wailing this much nah!
You better take life easy on yourself.
Hatred kills more than HIV o!

I believe you gonna die a terrible death....
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by shedy03(m): 5:35am On Jul 10, 2019
CeeJay9ja:
If you like empower them from now till 20 years time, their mentality remain the same
and we'll never catch up with the south, seriously.
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by badman007(m): 5:47am On Jul 10, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Tony Elumelu is a detribalised Nigerian, we are proud of you. When you southerners were busy living off our groundnuts, did we complain? grin grin
You guys enjoy our cow meat and fura da nono, yet you rejected ruga. Thunder will fire anyone that criticises Elumelu for this noble gesture.

I like where tthis is going. Keep this attitude up, you'd soon join your brothers in Niger and Chad..

Look what oil money has done to you

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by uzoexcel(m): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2019
goshen26:

Check where they listed the countries to participate in the program and see that Northern is bracket beside Nigeria.

I felt not too happy too when I got the mail, but no be my money
oh my bad..thanks for pointing it out
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by ENG0701: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2019
lexy2014:

Less than 2%? How did u come about ur 2%? NGOs don't need 2b political b4 they focus on just d north. All d major NGOs from oxfam to UNICEF don't just have more operations in d north, they are stationed in d north with little or no presence in d south. Oil degradation has destroyed d environment in d ND & left many without a means of livelihood. Do u c UNEP there? No way

Well, the 2 percent is the official UN statistics. Which you can also confirm online. I don't know about UNEP, I only know about NGOs that are health related because that is my field.
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by ENG0701: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Okpa042:

so the south is insignificant?..

It is not about being insignificant, it is a question of priority. Most times, these NGOs don't have more than $30m for a project, and that is even the rich ones, Nigeria is almost 200m people, you have to focus on places with the worse indices. I also do not like it, as I am a southerner, but their logic makes sense.
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by jidowu84: 7:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Elumelu! Elumelu! Elumelu! How many times did I call you? I have Alot to say to you when it's right time.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by lexy2014: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2019
ENG0701:

Well, the 2 percent is the official UN statistics. Which you can also confirm online. I don't know about UNEP, I only know about NGOs that are health related because that is my field.

UNEP is d united nations environment programme, an arm of d UN just like UNICEF that u mentioned earlier. So y is UNEP not in d Niger Delta d way we have d undp, UNICEF& WHO that u mentioned in d north? Even if d NGOs are health related, are there no sicknesses in d south?
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by ENG0701: 8:28am On Jul 10, 2019
lexy2014:

UNEP is d united nations environment programme, an arm of d UN just like UNICEF that u mentioned earlier. So y is UNEP not in d Niger Delta d way we have d undp, UNICEF& WHO that u mentioned in d north? Even if d NGOs are health related, are there no sicknesses in d south?

Well, PEPFAR (HIV) actually works a lot in the south. And there are some other ones too in the south, I have some friends that work with some of these agencies in the south.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by ernieboy(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2019
Strech:
my sister! May I remind you that the most successful business man in Nigeria is from that region. Sentiment aside, out of the 3 tribes in Nigeria none Sabi business pass Hausa man.
"...out of the three tribes in Nigeria",... seriously?
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by degamemaster(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
uzoexcel:
so where was 'northern nigeria' mentioned?

Olodo read it again and slowly, you will see it in bracket.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by Philinho(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Tony Elumelu is a detribalised Nigerian, we are proud of you. When you southerners were busy living off our groundnuts, did we complain? grin grin
You guys enjoy our cow meat and fura da nono, yet you rejected ruga. Thunder will fire anyone that criticises Elumelu for this noble gesture.
Grandnut for how many months? And what happened to the grandnut farm that is no more producing ?
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by Lovelyn451(f): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2019
stagger:
It is not for northerners. If you are a southerner living in the North, you qualify.
are u sure?
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by obstead200(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Look, you are beginning to piśs me off! We are not rapists! A single bad apple does not spoil the bunch! Your kith and kin are fraudsters and prostitutes, that doesn't make you guilty of same!
at least u can understand the reason why the south is apprehensive of you coming to dwell among them legitimately and permanently
Re: Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians? by mmb(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
hurray!! list is out now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% / Problem Facing Business Enterprises In Nigeria / I Want To Open A Vegetable Oil Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.