Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) (43105 Views)

Sadio Mane Constructs A Stadium In His Village, Bambali In Senegal. / Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu Takes Shape (Photos) / Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu State Takes Shape (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by daddytime(m): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2019
gregyboy:

Your response is fill with insult with no sense at all obaseki has a say in the performance of bedc as a governor in his state some sate in nigeria experience little or no blackout leave it or take it obaseki is dealing on misplaced priority in his state, since he came employment have reduced no means to increase employment.....i see you're a partisan... And you will go ahead supporting mediocrity in a bid to satisfy your partisan ego
We will be here watching after the end of is tenure when you begin to criticize him after you might have seen the loophole during is tenure

Common go siddon for one corner...

No be only partisan...na owanbesan.

Most of you criticising just do it out of pure unbridled hate and the need to just talk. You are just so ignorant on how things truly work as per governance.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by gregyboy(m): 6:42am On Jul 10, 2019
inereunwa1:
brother myself I tire for all these paid comments, this is misplaced priority if you ask me, because I reside in Benin city there are so many projects he should have faced but just like Nigerian politicians he is there constructing a stadium! in the next two or three years you no go know that stadium again! if you go tomline for uselu if rain fall erosion almost cover all the houses and if you go to S&T go isiohor erosion full express road what about evbotubu my brother that one no let talk again and funny enough that stadium is very close to evbotubu about 30 mins drive!!!!!!

My.brother obaseki matter tiya me i swear
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by TinwotFarm1(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2019
Typical of Nigeria; billions spent on an edifice for occasional use, while residents in the areas surrounding the edifice lack good roads, potable water, electricity supply, good schools, good healthcare facilities, security and other life necessities. The reaction of the masses? Praise and worship of their "performing governor". Lagbaja is working, they shout........ He has built us the best this or that in Nigeria. Na una sabi.......
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by DeRay98(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2019
daddytime:

You are the myopic one who is learning to bandy fancy sounding words around to seem intelligent.

Now, tell me...

Since when did you and your mumu ilks sell BEDC to Obaseki, a private concern which was negotiated and arranged from the federal level with all legal backing. Seat down in your corner and be blaming Obaseki. Don't go and look for Funke Osibondu. Yes, that's the name of the person you should be blaming for your light ish if at all you even pay your bills.

Mention the roads that got terribly bad under Obaseki's government and I'll reel out roads you and your myopic looting previous governments had abandoned, only for Obaseki to come show them that impossible was nothing.

You dey one corner dey type and talk rubbish.

Siddon for house dey lazy about...Obaseki go come make eba dey cut am put for your mouth. No go look for work you hear.

Who hear am dey speak myopic now go think say e sabi the meaning.

Nonsense

1000000likes for you.
Bini boys and girls go sit down for house dey criticise who work and who no work while they wait for money from bro or sis in Europe to cook soup, wear expensive clothes that the hustling bro or sis in Europe can't wear.
I'm 100% born and raised in Benin but lots of our youths are lazy, very few are pragmatic, resourceful and achieving for themselves.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by inforesource: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2019
KngGezy:

Of course we prefer to build and renovate.

Maintainance is far less costly than rebuilding or renovating

Thats how they make money. They allow already constructed projects to destroy. They award the same projects for outrageous sums. Walla

The last paragraph of your coment is the real reason behind lack of maintenance culture in Nigeria, other reasons are by the way.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by DeRay98(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2019
slimfit1:
Stadium don't put food on the table.
Poverty mentality, only concern is food for my table...
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by RichBoy247: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2019
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

How much I so wish Nigeria would experience Obaseki as a President, in fact...Nigeria go get sense small.

A great administrator with a good head on his shoulders.

We thank God for this short man's mistake which has turned out to be a huge blessing to Edo State.

Great job

Change what you smoke, it is making you think abnormal

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by saintokwuluora(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2019
Super Eagles new home ground loading...
With Abuja, Lagos, Enugu, Uyo, Asaba, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi, Owerri, Port Harcourt,Benincity, stadia Nigeria should bid for 2023-27 Afcon. With the stadia and attendance offered by Egypt, Afcon in Nigeria will be huge but only for insecurity and kidnapping affecting visitors free movement particularly in the north.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by Flyingngel(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2019
Legitbuynsell post:

I leave commenting go dey read topic first...

Op show us the current state of Akwa-Ibom Stadium.

Akwa ibom stadium is well maintain, may be it is because of the maintenance agreement between the state government and Julius Berger.
Naija i hail thee cool[/quote]
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by abiolert(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2019
It's a welcome development but my fear is that after 4rs watch out, this stadium will not be ok for use anymore. Lucky igbenedion, Adams Osho and now the wake and see Governor have all spent billions of tax payer money on this project. Maintenance has really been the issue here.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by Sarah20A(f): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2019
inereunwa1:
brother myself I tire for all these paid comments, this is misplaced priority if you ask me, because I reside in Benin city there are so many projects he should have faced but just like Nigerian politicians he is there constructing a stadium! in the next two or three years you no go know that stadium again! if you go tomline for uselu if rain fall erosion almost cover all the houses and if you go to S&T go isiohor erosion full express road what about evbotubu my brother that one no let talk again and funny enough that stadium is very close to evbotubu about 30 mins drive!!!!!!
obaseki is trying in terms of infrastructure and job creation. the erosion problem should be blamed on that short devil.I believe good road will come but Edo should concentrate on job creation and infrastructure for now
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by charlesELIKIBA: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2019
OBASEKI is a blessing to Edo people...period.

No words to describe him. his intellect is incomparable than of any leader in Nigeria. lucky Edo people
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by charlesELIKIBA: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2019
gregyboy:

Dont be myopic obaseki is totally dping rubbish in edo state no light kn the state roads are terribly bad he is spending unnecessary money and tome on stadium the roads in my area he used for campaign for an aspirant has been left unattended ...oshimole has done better than him tho he was a talkative

You are a bigger talkative.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by charlesELIKIBA: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2019
gregyboy:

Come to erediawa at ekewuan ....

Lets take a look at the present ring road and now littered with dirty and potholes and no security , g.r.a in benin is nothing to talk about edo state is a mess with obaseki he is has clueless as bubu ...i won't take side with him because edo state dont like oshimole ....

Please do mebtion obasekis archievement ib this forum to everyones hearing

....and what was the condition of this places you mentioned 2 or 3 years ago?
do you realise some other persons still cross the dirty dusted muddy floors to get to their homes, do you realise some grounds have never felt a pay-loader cross over it talk less of a tar on them, do you realise your street is not the only street in Edo state.

whats wrong if your parents whose house is on this street you are whinning about, cooperate with other landlords on the street to recondition the already done roads before, which you have enjoyed and worned out, would it be a crime if the landlords fix the roads?
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by charlesELIKIBA: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2019
anonimi:

How much revenue will a stadium generate compared to the amount used to build it?
What happened top renovating the existing stadium in order to enhance the maintenance culture that we all complain about but do nothing to correct?
Is the stadium building more important than investing in free & compulsory education for all Edo children to encourage private investors to build factories and set up firms there for quantum leap in IGR?
Will the revenue from the stadium stop Edo girls exporting themselves to Italy, Spain, Germany etc as alleged by Aisha Buhari

and were did you read this is a new stadium?....this was an expnasion and renovating work. oh god
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by egopersonified(f): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2019
let it rain just once and the whole place will turn to river Samuel ogbemudia. They better do something about the flooding.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by charlesELIKIBA: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2019
holllandis:
No one is talking about how ugly he surrounding place is useless poverty mentality typical of Nigerians

this is an aerial view... you should visit the place you call poverty bla bla bla...most of the roofs you see, house sports stores and training centres.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by Onyi90(m): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2019
Fuckthamods:
Nice stadium but irritating environment.
You just uttered my observation too. More work should be done to the environment

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by whixstan(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Hmmmmm........ shocked

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by anonimi: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:
and were did you read this is a new stadium?....this was an expnasion and renovating work. oh god

Many thanks boss for pointing that out as the headline and opening paragraph did not indicate that it was a renovation/expansion work.

Bensondrums:
Excitement as Samuel Ogbemudia stadium takes shape

As construction at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium reaches advanced stage with the laying of the canopy cover, residents in Edo State have lauded the Governor Godwin Obaseki-led government for its commitment to sports development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by brightleave(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2019
grin
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

How much I so wish Nigeria would experience Obaseki as a President, in fact...Nigeria go get sense small.

We thank God for this short man's mistake which has turned out to be a huge blessing to Edo State.

Great job
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

Great job
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

Great job
Great job grin
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

Great job
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

Great job
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

Great job
Great job
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by robosky02(m): 11:33am On Jul 10, 2019
ghost3040:
I always wonder why most Southerners are against the proposed RUGA settlement by the FG.

These are some of the benefits we stand to gain..
Imagine being a beneficiary to this amazing edifice even before proper/official commencement of the bill.

I STAND WITH RUGA.!!
so we should put the cow inside the stadium abi

If I hear fmmm again from you..

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by lagosinnovator: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2019
daddytime:
Awesomely beautiful.

Great job

There is a particular height which i keep noticing in wicked short men. in my secondary schools days i knw few short mate that are extra ordinarily wicked. you can see them all around naija. am not tall but above that midget height.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by ghost3040: 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
robosky02:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by ghost3040: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
robosky02:

grin grin grin
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by inereunwa1(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2019
Sarah20A:
obaseki is trying in terms of infrastructure and job creation. the erosion problem should be blamed on that short devil.I believe good road will come but Edo should concentrate on job creation and infrastructure for now
but the 'short devil's tried in terms of roads and infrastructures more than this wake and see guy
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by inereunwa1(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2019
DeRay98:

Even all the roads were fixed once, is that all that drives an economy only?
Is the govt responsible for why people throw
Dirts into the drainage and block them?
Why have people built houses in places designated for erosion controls?
The corrupt govt officials who approved those houses and neglected urban planning, are such people not among citizens of the state?

Your comments is very naive like lots of youths in Benin City.
They see things from one point think that's all that matters.
He promised jobs for restless idle youths that are taking to crime and one major way get the some youths focus is get them engage with their raw energy in activities that 'll benefit them for today and tomorrow, benefits the state and nation.
In the days of Bendel state, Bendel was undisputed #1 state in sports in Nigeria.
There were programmes and competition that discovered talents and gave them careers in sports. Athletes from other states envied Bendel for the attention athletes got and other states envied Bendel for the glory it earned.
In the 30yrs, all that has gone down the drain due lack of vision, purpose and focus.
Most youths of Edo today are ignorant of the great history of Bendel state in youth development.
Politicians have turned neglected these programmes and let our turn Agbero and cultist for political thuggery and elections rigging.
To recover the lost sporting glory of the state, activating sports again start by building non existent sports venues, renovating old existing ones so that our youths can channel their energy to productive activities.
When was the last time Edo produced a quality player for Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles or Super Eagles?
A national Champion in Athletics, boxing, wrestling etc?
Ogbe stadium was built when the state population was less than 3million, it has not upgraded since which is why it's necessary now.
Bendel Insurance even struggle to get home based players to recruit for the team.
The design and constructed stadium of good
I guess you are the one who is naive here, first I don't think you live in Benin city or knew much about the present woes facing the state!! if you ask majority of the residents here they will tell you that building of stadium should have been the last thing to do because there are many projects that needs urgent attention like roads networks, do you know that motorists and other road users suffer on daily basis just to get to work and other places?? when he was contesting for the position he didn't promised to renovate stadium, all what he promises was to provide employment opportunity for the teeming youths who are causing nuisance to the society he promised to provide 200,000 jobs but I'm yet to see the 'jobs' all I see is some thugs on government uniforms collecting revenue and sometimes with the security agents at gun point as if drivers are criminals or do you want me to start with the public work and volunteer better known as 'task force' or did you not read the news about what happened between efe and one rice seller?? I could go on and on but I don't have time to ague by!
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by DeRay98(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2019
[s]
inereunwa1:
I guess you are the one who is naive here, first I don't think you live in Benin city or knew much about the present woes facing the state!! if you ask majority of the residents here they will tell you that building of stadium should have been the last thing to do because there are many projects that needs urgent attention like roads networks, do you know that motorists and other road users suffer on daily basis just to get to work and other places?? when he was contesting for the position he didn't promised to renovate stadium, all what he promises was to provide employment opportunity for the teeming youths who are causing nuisance to the society he promised to provide 200,000 jobs but I'm yet to see the 'jobs' all I see is some thugs on government uniforms collecting revenue and sometimes with the security agents at gun point as if drivers are criminals or do you want me to start with the public work and volunteer better known as 'task force' or did you not read the news about what happened between efe and one rice seller?? I could go on and on but I don't have time to ague by!
[/s]
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by Sarah20A(f): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2019
inereunwa1:
but the 'short devil's tried in terms of roads and infrastructures more than this wake and see guy
so were did the erosion come from?this man is trying in the area of infrastructure .our main problem is electricity and unemployment.is reliving to have a governor who is not focusing on road just like the previous governors.the water storm project that oshiomole spent billions of naira on is the same project that obaseki is spending money on trying to correct.is high time we change our mentality on road project .if oshiomole really did well on the road why is there erosion?please you people should let this man create the infrastructure that Edo is lacking.if not for the Edos in Europe that state would been worst than it is now.
Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by inereunwa1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
DeRay98:
[s][/s]

Re: Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) by inereunwa1(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2019
XaintJoel20:

You are sounding like a sadist. You need to see a therapist.
what do you know dickhead!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Beats Ronaldo’s Record Following His Inter Miami Unveiling / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Why We Lost Against Super Eagles – Coach Jorge Sampaoli / Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.