Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (71201 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by enemyofprogress: 2:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Timi1990:
So Punch Newspaper sacked a brilliant Editor because of some religious bullshit ?? I weep for this country
a brilliant editor wbo is a professional will never do such nonsense
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by bereto(m): 2:21am On Jul 10, 2019
ornicus:
It is always interesting to see Christian hypocrisy at work. People who are the first to shout secularism, freedom of speech, etc are cheering. You have always held your selves as 'superior' to Muslims. Yet you are all outraged and cheering because the editor was sacked for a cartoon that was not even mocking your religion.
i am sure most of you would have physically attacked that editor if you met him in person. You are already cheering that he was sacked. That is some true Christian tolerance right there. Jesus would be proud.

At least most of the mobs rioting over cartoons are stark illiterates. the Charlie hebdo cartoons were direct insults and teh response was frm terrorists . You on the other hand are supposedly educated and enlightened and tolerant, and yet you in reality have thin skins and are easily triggered.

If your religion cannot be mocked ( and it was not in this case) without Consequence, then the difference between you and an illiterate Muslim fanatic is merely degree of reaction.

the message is clear - do not post anything offensive about us or else
Oga sense is far from you

3 Likes

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by D1zion: 2:29am On Jul 10, 2019
[quote author=Kingosytex post=80106928]I just thank and appreciate the ALMIGHTY GOD for christianity.

Its a pity!! The editor deserve what he got.

Many imams and alfas have been accused of raping minors even in the mosque, so the question is:

has the editor ever used a cartoon of a man urinating on the quran to buttress his point? The answer is a NO...
you're absolutely right my brother. If it were here, hey! Not even here in Nigeria, anywhere around the world that you mentioned anything negative about Quran all Muslim will units & come out to fight for their god.talk more of you even cartooning it,showing it like the punch cartoonist did here.assuming its the other way round believe me you a lot of people would have been killed & property worth millions destroyed cos of this cartoon. But however today, no one said anything cos the Christian faith & the Bible value human lives.& the Bible said vengeance is mine.so Christianity don't fight for their God but the other way.he fight to liberate them in all ways & situations.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by izeksblog: 2:31am On Jul 10, 2019
[/color][color=#006600]
joseph1832:
I didn't even need to read the entirety of the post to tell myself that, this is how it's done. People being held accountable for their actions.

This is the very reason why I support the move for social media to be regulated. By regulated I mean let's know who and who is posting what and what so who and who, can be held accountable for whatever they post.

Nowadays anybody can just post whatever for the sake of generating traffic, and it what they post is false, they go scud free because nobody knows who they are.

I believe that’s why it’s called a freelance.
As a matter of fact, it’s that freedom we need in the country so people won’t be scared of others condemning them even before sharing an opinion or reporting event. Even in civilized World, people have freedom to post whatever they see. If it violate your privacy, u report to whichever platform through which the publication was made and it will be dropped. You don’t arrest or prosecute people for posting stuff
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Acepen(m): 2:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
The Punch management are idiots.
They sacked brilliant editors because some snowflakes expressed outrage over an instructive illustration.
Shame on Punch.
sometimes the best u could do is have respect for other person's beliefs

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by deltateam: 2:59am On Jul 10, 2019
They are very lucky its not Islamabad. Punch would have been obliterated from existence. What impudence! angry

Haven't we heard of an imam arrested for committing a crime? Do they publish a man desecrating a Koran with urine? Not to talk of someone still under investigation.

How can the action of one man define a faith?

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by deltateam: 3:02am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
They sacked brilliant editors because some snowflakes expressed outrage over an instructive illustration.
Shame on Punch.

More shame on you for lacking sense. If Seun had organised an exam for mental fitness, I doubt you would have passed it.

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by kayusely70(m): 3:39am On Jul 10, 2019
Kingosytex:

Its very obvious that you are yet to realise that Nigeria is a religious country

The editor deserved to be sacked, what he did was tantamount to mockery of christianity. Is it because christians are not violent and blood thirsty?

There have been news of imams raping minors even inside the mosque, how many times have the said editor used a cartoon of a man urintating on a quran to buttress his point and prove his editorial brilliance?
Dont that in the north on the quoran wouldve sparked a violent riot.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Essential(m): 3:46am On Jul 10, 2019
Kingosytex:
I just thank and appreciate the ALMIGHTY GOD for christianity.

Its a pity!! The editor deserve what he got.

Many imams and alfas have been accused of raping minors even in the mosque, so the question is:

has the editor ever used a cartoon of a man urinating on the quran to buttress his point? The answer is a NO...

That Christians are peace loving doesn't mean we are fools!!!

It is only igbo people that talk foolishly like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.

UnitedAlliance concurs.

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by anonimi: 4:15am On Jul 10, 2019
2mch:
But did Fatoyinbo not desecrate the Bible with all his scandals? Why the sack? His members probably don’t read Punch. Or is this request for sack coming from older perverts aka pastor? Maybe the image is too inconvenient for them?!

You are a troubleshooter. And a damn good one at that grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by anonimi: 4:16am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.

Why are brilliant people showing up on this thread? cheesy
Thanks boss for this nice comment.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Bluntemperor: 4:17am On Jul 10, 2019
This is Freedom rascality carried too far and displayed by an organization that ought to know better.Shame on them.We must take Punch as a Muslim organization which I never thought to be and why hell bent to destroy the Church,her believe and the People(the Christians). Something is definitely wrong somewhere with the Punch.anyway,God will defend Himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by anonimi: 4:18am On Jul 10, 2019
Firefire:
How people disrespect the Holy Bible. Try that rubbish with the other ‘holy book’ and see real war & bloodletting across Nigeria.

Hmm. undecided lipsrsealed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by anonimi: 4:20am On Jul 10, 2019
deltateam:
More shame on you for lacking sense. If Seun had organised an exam for mental fitness, I doubt you would have passed it.

With nairaland front page dominated by s3x, bbnaija, ned nwoko and other inconsequentials
Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by derecho(m): 4:48am On Jul 10, 2019
No mind them...they think they are on nairaland where insult is considered brilliance.Ynaija can employ them.
Kingosytex:

Its very obvious that you are yet to realise that Nigeria is a religious country

The editor deserved to be sacked, what he did was tantamount to mockery of christianity. Is it because christians are not violent and blood thirsty?

There have been news of imams raping minors even inside the mosque, how many times have the said editor used a cartoon of a man urintating on a quran to buttress his point and prove his editorial brilliance?
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by emkz: 4:53am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.

No dear friend. They took the most sensible decision by a board of directors in the circumstance. There was a case in, I think, France where a cartoon led to a terrorist attack in the newspaper's offices.

Let us learn not to abuse people's sensitivities. It would take one mischievous religious apologist to twist the facts and say someone desecrated their Holy Book (which has failed to make them holy). Without verifying, these guys would storm the streets for blood. You don't want to imagine the outcome.

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by ehinmowo: 4:57am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.

your brain is filled with fufu. If your wife draws a Pinky finger on her shirt and wrote, "my husband's dick" and wore it everywhere, you would clap for her right? or your son wrote,"my father is a dick" (which you are) on his cloth, you would applaud him?

I am sure you will clap for your colleagues at the office if they are referring to your family (nuclear) as waste?

Education is not your ability to degrade others. Obviously, you among the misinformed educated idiots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by derecho(m): 4:57am On Jul 10, 2019
Essential:

What is Igbo in his statement.. If you work in a reputable organization and you are given the boot now, some "brilliant" people will cry wolf.Anyways, na nairaland we dey sha...make I dey observation the brilliant pipu
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by babtoundey(m): 5:21am On Jul 10, 2019
The Man's offense: he pictures the obvious truth. And he got fired for that! Soyinka has committed the same offense with his "Trial of brother Jero" and "Jero's metamorphosis". Likewise, Moliere's "Tarturffe" would be considered misguided and desecrating piece just because it punctured the ego of religious charlatans.

All my life on this planet, I have never seen and met offensive christians as the the faceless ones on this forum. These hypocrites from time to time cast aspersions on others' religion and belief, employ all forms of insulting and abusive signals and rhetorics to denigrate and desecrate what others tag holly, yet they are the first set to call for the head of the man "that says it as it is" to be presented before executioner.

I believe we are where we are because we are who we are. If we keep attaching undue sentiments to relevant issues we will never grow balls to tackle them.

2 Likes

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by shamsin6300(m): 5:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

I have never read a story where worshippers defend an Imam against a criminal act.
I can bet you that the reason these editors were sacked is that there are some fanatics
among the management, nothing to do with Nigeria being a religious country because
media houses get away with everything in Nigeria.

Let him present one if he has,,,,,, bunch of hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Mikeangelo0433: 5:34am On Jul 10, 2019
Salman Rushdie author of Satanic Verses was almost assassinated.A fatwa was declared on him. If those editors had done it with the Quran it would have been a different story.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by citadels(f): 5:40am On Jul 10, 2019
See the name sef, na them them. The raper is them, the rapee is them, the cartoonist is them. Thank God they are the ones destroying themselves and the wailers from the East are just crazy. This is how the former war started. Igbos learn ooo. Allow them to their drama.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Ibusho: 5:54am On Jul 10, 2019
abayomilaws:
Why the sack? Very unnecessary
... Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state . the cartoon is very illustrative of the situation at hand. It illustrates desecration of the temple of God. In the column, he cites ezeugo also known as Reverend king and other charlatans. He vividly paints the picture like a good artist that he is. With his paintbrush, he draws a caricature of a drunk Biodun Fatoyinbo emitting urine on the holy book. The innuendo is not for the church as a whole but directed to that drunk charlatan, Biodun fatoyinbo who emits his urine on the holy Bible. He does not draw that emitter to be the sole true practice of Christianity. This is a lampoon on an individual not the whole Church. I am sorry for this nation, we are so hypocritical. God , if you be, burn Nigeria, for our iniquities should be more than Sodom and his Gomorrah.

What right does the editor have to paint Biodun Fatoyinbo as a bad Christian. How can you be one sided on an issue and call yourself a professional journalist. He deserves what he got, can they do that with the Quran in the face of the Alfa's molesting their students? Please think before you write.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Crixina(f): 6:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.
It's Nigeria now where they think journalism has to be soothing like chilled beer.

Damn! The Charlie Hebdo cartoonists come to mind...those guys don't give a sh**t about you.
Some died, the same day another was put out.
Anyway, we are too sensitive down here.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Let me start by saying that I am a born again Chrtistian, for several years, I believe in the Bible as the word of God, I beleive in the saving power of Jesus Christ, and I acknowledge him as Lord.

And I also beleive Punch erred by sacking the workers over the cartoon.

Here is why a Christian is supporting the cartoon

1.God can defend Himself. It isn't our job to defend or fight for God. And in this world today where Christianity is under attack from things like sin and secularisim, a cartoon is the least of our worries.

Besides, how many had their faith damaged by the cartoon.? Mine wasn't.

2.Many Nigerian christians piss on the bible every day. Many of our leaders piss on the bible by being so corrupt, many of our pastors piss on the bible by living false lives and preaching motivaitonal messages instead of the scripture (by the way, I'm a fan of motivational messaging...just not in church), and many followers piss on the bible too. by backing corrupt leaders, supporting tribalism, and religous bigotry, by backing crimes such as Yahoo boys, runs, etc, and so on.

Infact, on this thread, I have seen many Christians piss on the bible by using hate filled language, bitter comments, bigotry, and even implied threats of violence.

I guess many chirstians were angry with the cartoon because it showed them who they really are. And indeed this Fatoyinbo issue has shown many Christians willing to , for example, defend adutery, defend the sin of an adulterer , and even excuse rape....because their hero is involved.

Nigeria is in a mess, because Chirstians are pissing on the bible. We have to stop pissing on the bible and start imbibing its actual message. Maybe God will hear us , and heal us and prosper our land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Kingosytex(m): 6:05am On Jul 10, 2019
Essential:

You obviously have a single digit IQ
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by JuanDeDios: 6:23am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.
I get that people are offended by this and would understand one or two suspensions. But all those sackings? The Nigerian newspaper industry is a talentless pool of quacks and letting the few good editors you have go is a huge mistake they'll pay for.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Shame on Punch.
illustration deficating on bible? Don't let God sack you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where 2 Oceans Meet And Do Not Mix, Unbelivable Right? / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements / Zimbabwean Woman In White Garment Strips Unclad During The Church Rally (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.