Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women (5474 Views)

Egypt Leads Africa In Foreign Direct Investment In 2020 / Free Business Training For Women By She Leads Africa / Zenith Bank Partners Facebook, Mastercard To Pioneer QR Payments On Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Tabithatim: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
Access Bank Plc, in partnership with She Leads Africa, has concluded the first phase of #SheMeansBusiness, a Facebook programme aimed at empowering female SMEs on how to leverage digital platforms to drive growth in their businesses.

The training, aimed at scaling up the skills of small business owners to take advantage of the captive market on social media platforms in Nigeria and beyond, kicked off in the month of June and has held in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and Ibadan with over 500 female business owners in attendance.

Addressing newsmen in Abuja during the start of the training series, Executive Director, Retail banking, Access Bank Plc, Victor Etuokwu, said “As one of the fastest growing retail banks in the country, Access Bank is always at the forefront of leveraging technology to drive emerging businesses. The idea behind this partnership and empowerment programme is to give our SME customers an opportunity to expand their access to market and increase their visibility to potential customers. There are over two billion people on Facebook globally and over 65 billion WhatsApp messages exchanged globally on a daily basis. With the right knowledge, our customers can showcase their products to large audiences as well as get leads that will take their businesses forward.”
Etuokwu further said “We intend to actualise our promise as the largest retail bank in Africa to provide not just financial services but also non-financial services which we provide knowing that when our customers succeed it will trickle down to us.”

During an interview with Chigozie Onyeocha, the Regional and Sales Director of Lagos Mainland at Access Bank, it was learnt that the bank has strong interest in Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). According to Onyeocha, Access Bank believes that if SMEs are well supported, the country's economy will benefit in return.

"We have about 37 millions of SME businesses in Nigeria in this category, employing over 60 million Nigerians presently, for us, we believe if we support the SME sector right, we will have a better economy." He went further to disclose that the programme was initiated because of the bank's belief that women are better managers.

"Women are better managers, and if we engage them well and provide them with the necessary materials and opportunities to grow their businesses, it will help our mission, which is to boost the nation's economy."

"We actually have a division in the bank that caters to women, and we have opportunities that we expose our female customers to. We have loan facilities for women at a low-interest rate, encouraging them to do their businesses right. Our goal is to have more empowered women which we believe will deliver a better economy" Onyeocha concluded.

She Leads Africa's Digital Marketing Trainer, Adeyemi Adedayo, said the programme is specifically designed for women to upscale and boost their businesses, and focuses on how to use Facebook’s family apps, including Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram.

Adedayo stressed that feedback from the business owners engaged so far has been tremendous. "We have since recorded remarkable growth in engaging these women and the results derived from these engagements have been very remarkable. The women have responded well so far, and it is encouraging for the trainers" he said.

While Adedayo stated the initiative has birthed futuristic businesses that will thrive the economy, he lauded Access Bank Plc for keying into the objective of Facebook's human empowerment.

"Access Bank has been great in this collective responsibility with She Leads Africa and Facebook to empower in order to have a robust economy."

One of the participants, Bolanle Alabi, CEO, Easy Flight Travels in Lagos, said, “I have learnt how to market products online by locating my audience and giving them direct information. Sometimes when you go on Facebook, you do not give the specific details to be able to attract the required audience, I have learnt how to restructure and how to create the right profile.”

The second phase of the Access Bank, Facebook and She Leads Africa training will continue in Abeokuta on Wednesday, July 17, Jos, July 23, and Benin, July 26, 2019.

https://thepunditng.com/?p=67661&preview=true

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by DBossNG(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2019
Cool
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by namiji2598: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2019
When some women/ladies/girls dress they look more beautiful but when others do their own make up they leave us with a word *wow*

Go go eagles
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2019
You use one mouth to say equal opportunity and use the same mouth to say women are better managers lol.
Imagine if a man says men are better manager, you all will cry misogyny that's why I see you all as one big dumb joke

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by CorperKola: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2019
This access bank is very funny
Women this women that
Women are better managers! Can you imagine
Where is the evidence for dat?
Reverse sexism

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Athena4: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2019
CorperKola:
Women this women that
Reverse sexism
The evidence is in your mother. She was a good manager wasn't she?. Women are not home managers alone.Same skills can be applied in the corporate world. Women deserve the accolades they get.

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by BigBashiru: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2019
Athena4:
The evidence is in your mother. She was a good manager wasn't she?. Women are not home managers alone.Same skills can be applied in the corporate world. Women deserve the accolades they get.

Males are best known for toxic masculinity, triggering wars, murders, wanton violence and brutality. Check the news everyday most of the violent crimes are committed by men. So women actually deserve the accolades they get. Men should be learning from women.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Houseofglam7(f): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2019
cool
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Kelgabriel5(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2019
Women are seriously getting all d opportunities nowadays, I go through scholarships for international students and 7/10 are women scholarships, I have never seen a program tagged strictly men yet equal rights is screamed on rooftops to encourage this reverse sexism

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2019
E be like say this people no want, cultism to end.
Keep promoting gender discrimination in the name of gender equality.
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by mixta140: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2019
Nice.
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by shogsman(m): 10:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Everything programme this bank run is about women,so their male customers don't matter ahn,well their director is a female, we all know how sentimental they get .
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Focusmind: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2019
CorperKola:
Women this women that
Reverse sexism

They are under the influence of Diamond Bank. Women calls shot during Uzoma Dozie's rein. Since the merger with Diamond Bank, all the women's products in Diamond Bank migrated to Access Bank.

But honestly, this their merger was top-notch. The best I have ever seen. The branding and convergence is superb. Access practically adopted the Diamond Colors and it looks really cool. Even Diamond Bank staff were begged to stay but since Diamond had one of the best highly-skilled personnel in the banking sector, a lot of them were able to take position in other banks and companies.

There was no story of staff being laid off - Seamless and hassle free merger - kudos to the two teams.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by delivryboy: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2019
Advancement in technology, economy and every facet of life became slow when companies, governments and researchers started focusing on gender equality instead of developing better products. The truth is that women usually see gender equality as exclusion of men from the big picture and representing only women in the scheme of things.
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by bluestone2015: 11:07am On Jul 10, 2019
lilbest4:
You use one mouth to say equal opportunity and use the same mouth to say women are better managers lol.
Imagine if a man says men are better manager, you all will cry misogyny that's why I see you all as one big dumb joke

But Chigozie Onyeocha is a man.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2019
Kelgabriel5:
Women are seriously getting all d opportunities nowadays, I go through scholarships for international students and 7/10 are women scholarships, I have never seen a program tagged strictly men yet equal rights is screamed on rooftops to encourage this reverse sexism

Look @ ICTP for example, they write WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2019
bluestone2015:

But Chigozie Onyeocha is a man.
your point?
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by CorperKola: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
lilbest4:
your point?
So the guy that said this is whining the women listening to him abi
I get that, buh when they start believing it , it inflates their ego, they might even repeat it to someone else grin Not knowing the guy was jst whining them ni
So maybe men should stop doing this shii altogether
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by CorperKola: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Athena4:
of course naw, my mum is a good manager, i didnt say women are not good managers, the problem i have is saying women are better managers
I strongly disagree with dat
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
CorperKola:

So the guy that said this is whining the women listening to him abi
I get that, buh when they start believing it , it inflates their ego, they might even repeat it to someone else grin Not knowing the guy was jst whining them ni
I've actually read this exact same thing on one white feminist's twitter account so it's something they are trying to sell to the world.
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
BigBashiru:

Males are best known for toxic masculinity, triggering wars, murders, wanton violence and brutality. Check the news everyday most of the violent crimes are committed by men. So women actually deserve the accolades they get. Men should be learning from women.
lol you are a very big dull human being

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by CorperKola: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
lilbest4:
lol you are a very big dull human being
Yeah i get you
There are different types
Some are stupid and actually believe this lies or whining from some guy trying to get something from them
Some dont necessarily blieve it but they are pretending to passionately believe in order to brainwash other people.
The sad thing is some 'men' actually believe this and actively support it too
This generation of men dont know whats sup, we are at war and nobody even realizes it.
The modern battle of the sexes is now a battle for the mind
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by CorperKola: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
lilbest4:
I've actually read this exact same thing on one white feminist's twitter account so it's something they are trying to sell to the world.
Yeah i get you
Some are stupid and actually believe this lies or whining from some guy trying to get something from them
Some dont necessarily blieve it but they are pretending to passionately believe in order to brainwash other people.
This generation of men dont know whats sup, we are at war and nobody even realizes it.
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
CorperKola:

Yeah i get you
lol. Bro you quoted the wrong post. People would think it's you I'm insulting
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by CorperKola: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
lilbest4:
lol. Bro you quoted the wrong post. People would think it's you I'm insulting
Lol
Mistake
Other people have quoted d wrong posts here too
Abi na technical ish
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by marvinsync(m): 12:44am On Jul 11, 2019
look guys let's not whine too much the managers are just trying to inflate these women's ego to make them believe in themselves , because the truth is that a lot of ladies don't have a lot of self-confidence

and for how opportunities that seem like women are getting more ,u just gotta realise that women need a lot of cheat to stand in the realms of men because the truth is we are far from equal
Re: Access Bank Partners With She Leads Africa On Facebook Program For Women by laudate: 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
Focusmind:
They are under the influence of Diamond Bank. Women calls shot during Uzoma Dozie's rein. Since the merger with Diamond Bank, all the women's products in Diamond Bank migrated to Access Bank.

But honestly, this their merger was top-notch. The best I have ever seen. The branding and convergence is superb. Access practically adopted the Diamond Colors and it looks really cool. Even Diamond Bank staff were begged to stay but since Diamond had one of the best highly-skilled personnel in the banking sector, a lot of them were able to take position in other banks and companies.

There was no story of staff being laid off - Seamless and hassle free merger - kudos to the two teams.

Were you part of the transition committee after the merger & acquisition process was concluded? So where did you hear this story about how there was no staff laid off?? shocked Oga, talk to the real people on ground in the banks o, before you start displaying hype on behalf of these banks, online.

(1) (Reply)

Spare Parts Business In Nigeria / Call for your program of work / CSCS Records N4.9bn Profit, Pays 70 Kobo Dividend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.