Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? (24075 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Topshow2010(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
I salute una nairalander...those committing suicide dnt need to at all;just enter nairaland and read comments u will forget ur suicidal thoughts instantly wit laugh

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by olumalcolm(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

If you have alot of money as you stated.

Why not relocate to a more serene environment and enjoy your day sleep.

Then use your present location to rear pigs and raise fowl, with that they will understand how you are feeling now.

Make sure you thank me later.
SAVAGE, you shuld be in the military...you sabi counter enemies grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by SEGLIZ: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

Any idea on what to do please?

L

they can be stopped if want to.
the same way you stop churches, same they are to be stopped.
first they are not meant for residential area, due to their noise. another the dust from activities is equally harmful.
even the automobile technicians that are of less harmful impact compare to them are not allowed within residential area under the environmental laws.
your local government of residence would take care of it. the health department and environmental department are take care of this. if you are not satisfied then take it to the state level same procedure.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Born2Breed(f): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

L

Locating a business that is noisy in a residential area is wrong.

Contact the ministry of environment.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
SEGLIZ:

they can be stopped if want to.
the same way you stop churches, same they are to be stopped.
first they are not meant for residential area, due to their noise. another the dust from activities is equally harmful.
even the automobile technicians that are of less harmful impact compare to them are not allowed within residential area under the environmental laws.
your local government of residence would take care of it. the health department and environmental department are take care of this. if you are not satisfied then take it to the state level same procedure.
thanks
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by leofab(f): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
The comments above is the reason why Nigeria is how it is today. And why this country might never get better.

In saner countries noise pollution is a criminal offence especially in residential areas.

Someone will just put block factory close to residential homes. And instead of these so called citizens to give a fellow concerned citizen ways to bring them to justice they are telling him to relocate..

We Nigerians deserve the leaders we get. Let's keep suffering it.. abeg any one reading this if you have the chance to leave this country run oh,
and which solution have you proffered now ? Other than shouting like a rat On menstruation..
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by SEGLIZ: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
Topshow2010:
I salute una nairalander...those committing suicide dnt need to at all;just enter nairaland and read comments u will forget ur suicidal thoughts instantly wit laugh

my bro imagine.
you will be angry, get provoked but still you will keep enjoying their menace and nuisance.
very interesting community just the house of commotion but where the inhabitants would fight but always remembering harm must affect this fellow cos I still need the idiot to live long.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by liverpudian9(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
report them to community development association i mean landlord meeting for ur community perhaps they will speak with d owner which my not stop them
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Tsparks101: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
Report them at the ministry of environment.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by SEGLIZ: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
thanks

are welcome.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
leofab:
and which solution have you proffered now ? Other than shouting like a rat On menstruation..
just like your miserable self
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
rockyh:
imagine arguing with people of such reasoning like u someone complaining of being deprived sleep by an Industry working in the noon Soto such a person will come and say the neighbor's generator is also depriving him of sleeping
is a block industry supposed to be sited in a residential area in the first place.. u daft he goat
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
is a block industry supposed to be sited in a residential area in the first place.. u daft he goat
You wouldn't have wasted your 15 seconds replying him. I am sure he feels honored being replied.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Tastyme: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
there's time to rest bro. And there's a lot of money I don't need to go out to hustle.

Den relocate to a more quiet and peaceful area where u'll find people like urself, and let the hustlers do their legal hustle in peace.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Talk2nanro(m): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
The comments above is the reason why Nigeria is how it is today. And why this country might never get better.

In saner countries noise pollution is a criminal offence especially in residential areas.

Someone will just put block factory close to residential homes. And instead of these so called citizens to give a fellow concerned citizen ways to bring them to justice they are telling him to relocate..

We Nigerians deserve the leaders we get. Let's keep suffering it.. abeg any one reading this if you have the chance to leave this country run oh,
you are correct bro.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by kunleweb: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

If you have alot of money as you stated.

Why not relocate to a more serene environment and enjoy your day sleep.

Then use your present location to rear pigs and raise fowl, with that they will understand how you are feeling now.

Make sure you thank me later.

I farted reading this. Guy you're wicked

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Angelfrost(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
skedman:
They dont work at night and beside they close 6pm

Instead of you to learn how the business is been done due to your unemployment status you are here complaining because you want to sleep

It's not your insensitive and dumb comment I'm concerned about... It's the number of dumb and insensitive individuals that find it likable. Smh.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by BABSSSOO(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
kunleweb:
This is sad. But don't sleep in the afternoon. Get an inverter so you would have steady power. You can use that time conversion for work and make more money. This way you have stopped them cheesy wink
aba, this doesn't make sense now,how can a block industry be situated in residential area....just not fair

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by kunleweb: 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
BABSSSOO:
aba, this doesn't make sense now,how can a block industry be situated in residential area....just not fair

They are doing their business o. We see a lot these days. Churches. Mosques. Block industry. Poultry. Bakery. Car
Wash. All sorts. Its naija men
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by onimama19(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L
better go and buy soundproof door and leave the block industry alone
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by BABSSSOO(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
but this is a residential area for Christ sake. Wtf should there be disturbance?

For those attacking me because I sleep at home in the afternoon, we are in a modernized world, that doesn't need a physical presence in a business. There's the internet, so WTF should I get an office?
don't mind them OK, its not right to have a block industry in a residential area...you have to go to the ministry of environments to lodge a complain.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by JackOfAllTrades: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L
It is actually illegal to convert a residential apartment into a business that causes noise pollution. It doesn't matter if the business was legal or not.

Here are similar cases in Nigeria where churches and businesses are getting sued for noise pollution.

https://punchng.com/church-members-arrested-during-service-for-noise-pollution/
https://www.nairaland.com/1171114/79-year-old-lady-sues-redeemed-church

Take this next steps from this thread and report them -> https://www.nairaland.com/2559183/how-report-noise-pullution-streets

If they don't reply in your spare time drop by at their office.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by permit225(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
D best way to stop is

Just buy d block factory...and if u can't find way and impregnate d wife of d block factory owner... Tnk u
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by leofab(f): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
just like your miserable self
misfortunate one..

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by segzyndpep(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
Doglove91:
I don't really know what to say. But since you say you have the money and another said you can't possibly report them cos it's a legal business and probably registered...

I suggest you use the money you have to change your windows to a sound proof one. If you don't have enough money for changing all, you can decide to change your room windows which is probably 2 windows or 3 at most.

Use of sound proof windows will enable you sleep well each time you feel the noise is becoming much. Just enter into your room and close the windows. That way, you won't hear the tiniest of their mechanical sounds and you'll sleep in peace.

I hope I made a reasonable point here anyway. smiley wink

Yes it will only reduce the noise,there is no 100% sound proof.Will he sound proof the ceiling and other openings also?I am not against your advice though just pointing out the fact that he cant get 100% sound proof.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
onimama19:
better go and buy soundproof door and leave the block industry alone
smh

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by whizbee(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
report to www.lasepa.gov.ng/pollutioncontrol.htm and thank me later
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by lincoln08541(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Smooth278:
Hi, every local government area authority has a unit dedicated to environmental issues and the abatement of nuisance... File a formal complaint to them and watch the film show...

Thank me later
You are right. He can report to environmental health department at his local government about a complaint of noise pollution
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by smyo(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:

Yes o Buy palm nut grinding machine join them
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by nelsonebby(m): 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
skedman:
They dont work at night and beside they close 6pm

Instead of you to learn how the business is been done due to your unemployment status you are here complaining because you want to sleep
he's clearly mad
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by dododawa1: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
there's time to rest bro. And there's a lot of money I don't need to go out to hustle.
sighted A LOT OF MONEY.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by 8stargeneral: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
op,is like ur enemy of progress, go to GRA and reside if u don't want to hear noise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hotel Building Under Construction Collapses In Delta State. Photo / The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan / The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.