Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP (13840 Views)

"I Am An Armed Robber, Not A Kidnapper" - Chinaza Philip Okoye. / Adetokunbo Adenopo: Why I Became A Kidnapper - Pastor Confesses (Video) / House Of A Kidnapper Demolished In Uyo After He Was Killed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by ITbomb(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
bonnyhope:
LIARS EVERYWHERE .....JUST FEW DAYS AGO SENATOR ELISHA WAS GRANTED BAIL ON PAYMENT OF 5MILLION NAIRA
By a court order not after making statement at the police station
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by psucc(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
Daboomb:

You lost it towards the end, and l have corrected your post to make it "logical".

All Kidnappers kidnap people and demand for Ransom Money, to free them
Police who arrest people and demand for Bail Money, to free them......ARE KIDNAPPERS

Therefore, it is the Policemen/Policewomen who DEMAND for BAIL MONEY that are Kidnappers, not all Police do so.

You argument is based on the premise that not all of them are related to cases that demand bail from suspects but in fact they also collect 'bail' from their colleagues whenever they want something e.g promotion, transfer
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by Advancedman(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
fuckerstard:
Bail will never be free, Nigeria will never get better no be curse.

Na fact.
That's fact but the truth is my life and yours shall be supernaturally exceptional by God Grace.
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by deltateam: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is all talk. No action against offenders. So how do you expect it to stop?

You have been saying it? Like seriously? Did I just read that?
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by deltateam: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
psucc:
You argument is based on the premise that not all of them are related to cases that demand bail from suspects but in fact they also collect 'bail' from their colleagues whenever they want something e.g promotion, transfer

There's a difference between bribe and bail.
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by duketerry22(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
A friend of mine was wrongfully accused and jailed for a crime to which the accusers came out to confess. He that was in jail had to pay bail of 12k before he was released even after it was clear he was innocent.. Bail will never be free
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by ceejay80s(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
The idiot forgot to add that any police station that collect money for bail, the person or people in charge of the case should be sentenced 18 month in prison
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by Ekumankama1: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
This means that ALL Nigerian policemen are kidnappers
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by Elobless: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
cool oga i dey hail uoooo
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by pcagbaji(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
martineverest:
that's court,not police station....many Nigerian youth are just educated illiterates
Even you self, the 5 million have not been paid. It's condition if he jump bail that is refuse to show on any court day until the cases is over either convicted, discharged or acquitted
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by bonnyhope: 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
linearity:

How come you conclude that he paid N5 millions?

I Judge set his bail for N5 mil when he was arraigned at the court, which is different from what the commissioner is saying, where Police will ask those whom they have detained at the Police Station to pay ‘bail’ before they can let them go.

Also note that, a Judge setting bail for an amount does not mean you pay that amount. The Judge is simply saying that, “If you don’t make yourself available for trial as ordered by this court until this case is finished, you will owe this court aka government N5 mil”. Now for you to perfect your bail, give us sureties from where we will collect our N5 mil in case you elude this trail”

And those surety can be people of reputable recognition in the society, landed properties, business, share certificate, etc....After the trial, it does not matter if you were find guilty or not, your surety will be released or returned back to you by the court.

Tnx for the explanation
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by 1759ademola(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
martineverest:
that's court,not police station....many Nigerian youth are just educated illiterates
Thank you. But no matter how educated you are, not many Nigerians have court experience.
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by psucc(m): 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
deltateam:

There's a difference between bribe and bail.
Ok! Thanks you know. But the one who has access to bail gives bribe. So the other who had no access to bail gets a share from it.

Dad ebod yid me iruk ye dad it uk yid ebod, monk nsido ndianga?
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
and who only talks with no enforcement is a fool
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by amunkita(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
When I read such stup1d statement, I just wonder why nigeria is cursed....

Those who coollect bail are kidnappers abii

What of the police authority/CP's that won't release the overhead cost of the police Stations inorder for them to fuel their patrol vehicles, buy stationaries, pay utility bills, pay for logistics for arrest

* what of the CP's that ask police divisions to pay for its state commands stationaries, pay for media fee nd ask divisions to donate when a CP's child is wedding

Certainly, they ain't Just kidnappers but murderers.....
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by CaptainFM1: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
psucc:
Now let's see the logic:
Kidnappers arrest people and collect money to free them
Police arrest people and collect money to free them
The two sets of people arrest people and collect money to free them
Therefore, Police are Kidnappers - Lagos CP.

Therefore all police officers are kidnappers

Like for true; share for false

I bet you will be able to explain Calculus to a 6year old. You surely will make a very good mathematics teacher.
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by DedeNkem: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by gr8t1: 3:00am On Jul 11, 2019
who is fooling who .......we are 9ja....if bail is free POLICE STATIONS will become GRAVE YARD.....coz many will route in jail especially d POOR........
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by psucc(m): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2019
CaptainFM1:

I bet you will be able to explain Calculus to a 6year old. You surely will make a very good mathematics teacher.
Thanks. But like Igbo people, when mathematics carries the Naira sign, I can solve that with the utmost alacrity but if you remove those sign, oshii.

Me and mathematics dry like APC support era and wisdom, parallel.
Re: Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP by psucc(m): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2019
CaptainFM1:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine And Heroin Headed For UK, Australia, Others / Philip Shekwo: Nasarawa APC Chairman Kidnapped / Coporal Okoye Shoots His Girlfriend & Kidnapped Her Sister In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.