Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault (38172 Views)

Oshiomhole Tackles Senator Elisha Abbo Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Police Detain Senator Abbo Over Alleged Assault / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Daboomb: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
plaindealer:
The man should have resigned, his party should have forced to step down.

..but I do agree with Falana, the case is in court so the Senate should wait till the court renders it's decision.

It was "his people" that elected him, not his party.
Only "his people" can recall him from the Senate
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Cocolatti(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
All they know is to share our National cake in that Senate. In saner climes, the Senate would have been advised properly by their legal aids and their will be no need to set up a committee until the outcome of the court case is known. But instead they decided to play to the gallery. Among the committee members is someone with a record of slapping too. Bunch of incompetent hypocrites
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by michealchineke22(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
nigeria ... politics truely a dirty game
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Duggedised12(f): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
Dhortunn:

I mean!!! She was saying it with so much confidence. She knows what she is talking about sha. Her party is in power. Her husband is Jagaban. Imagine the sort of leaders we have. She obviously is not bothered about the level of damage done by the man but how much power she and her party cohorts wields. The power to do and undo. We are far from help in this country!
for all this to blow over dont be surprised if senator abbo decamps to the APC.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by plaindealer: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
doublecross:
i hate that tinubu woman. if i be abbo, i go slap am well well

Of course you will slap her, you sound like a violent, an abusive and a women beater like the sadistic and maniac senator.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Advancedman(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Cioccolata:
I totally concur. The senators hovering over him are after career boast which equals more political votes.
The matter is not in-house yet the case as been duly handle by the police and the court as assault by a citizen.
Setting up stupid money siphoning ad-hoc is useless.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by jamesharryson(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Pascopele:
A 40-something-year-old Senator battered a woman, and instead of addressing him as a rational adult, you’re attributing his misdemeanor to his young age? Is this what you think of us? Aren’t you the same people boxing and insulting each other during sessions, Senator Remi Tinubu?

I have no much things to say on this issue. Is Abbo underaged? Let us face his crime and not looking at irrelevant issues for crying out loud. Why calling him names because he was found in an intimacy shop with two ladies? Who has prosecuted the ladies disturbing us with cucumbers? Who has gone for the head of the people buying intimacy gadgets? He has the right to carry as many number of women as he wants provided he did not force them or rape them. There is no part of the law that prohibits party or use of intimacy gadgets. What is even the nursing mother doing in the same intimacy shop? Is she a staff there? Or she came to buy pampers.

Secondly, why should we not face the content instead of the container? Why calling PDP instead of Abbo? APC had produced so many radical senators, yet no one had questioned them, instead they received multiple promotions! Omo Agege comes to mind. In as much as the case is before a competent court of justice, what the hell is the senate asking the guy to do? In front of the press. Do u want to indict him? You people already forced him to apologize publicly, which he did and I know it the video of his apology will also be used as an exhibit against him. Someone should remind thatvl Tinubu of a lady that she almost provoked Melaye to beat her up by this time last year. Now she is now a saint. See who is protecting someone. You know this matter can be solved out of court, why didn't you work on it first, but u allowed the police and the court to have sat on the matter and now, u re bringing up your heads

Lastly, someone should tell that foolish woman shouting in the social media how her sister was infected with HIV to shut up or go and die!!! All these rubbish she is vomiting now, what delayed it up till this moment? You know what best to do.

2 Likes

Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jabioro:
So it right for the Abbo to slapped the nursing mother..Let Abbo answer her..I don't wanted to listen to any erratics quote called from human rights book..Boko Haram are killing soldier get them arrested you come up with useless law to protect terrorist..That Jangans book needed to be tear apart .Abbo is a criminal that deserve no seat at our upperhouse .. Insane country with insane SAN... With due respect..not all the matter you need to put mouth.
But the matter is in court let the court do their job
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by jamesharryson(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jabioro:
So it right for the Abbo to slapped the nursing mother..Let Abbo answer her..I don't wanted to listen to any erratics quote called from human rights book..Boko Haram are killing soldier get them arrested you come up with useless law to protect terrorist..That Jangans book needed to be tear apart .Abbo is a criminal that deserve no seat at our upperhouse .. Insane country with insane SAN... With due respect..not all the matter you need to put mouth.
Oga, most of us and even the senators have done worse than this man. But his major issue was that it was recorded. Nobody is in support of the slaps, but let us not put the horse behind the cart. You that is talking that the man does not deserve a seat in the upper house, know that you might do worse, maybe from another angle
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
jamesharryson:

I have no much things to say on this issue. Is Abbo underaged? Let us face his crime and not looking at irrelevant issues for crying out loud. Why calling him names because he was found in an intimacy shop with two ladies? Who has prosecuted the ladies disturbing us with cucumbers? Who has gone for the head of the people buying intimacy gadgets? He has the right to carry as many number of women as he wants provided he did not force them or rape them. There is no part of the law that prohibits party or use of intimacy gadgets. What is even the nursing mother doing in the same intimacy shop? Is she a staff there? Or she came to buy pampers.

Secondly, why should we not face the content instead of the container? Why calling PDP instead of Abbo? APC had produced so many radical senators, yet no one had questioned them, instead they received multiple promotions! Omo Agege comes to mind. In as much as the case is before a competent court of justice, what the hell is the senate asking the guy to do? In front of the press. Do u want to indict him? You people already forced him to apologize publicly, which he did and I know it the video of his apology will also be used as an exhibit against him. Someone should remind thatvl Tinubu of a lady that she almost provoked Melaye to beat her up by this time last year. Now she is now a saint. See who is protecting someone. You know this matter can be solved out of court, why didn't you work on it first, but u allowed the police and the court to have sat on the matter and now, u re bringing up your heads

Lastly, someone should tell that foolish woman shouting in the social media how her sister was infected with HIV to shut up or go and die!!! All these rubbish she is vomiting now, what delayed it up till this moment? You know what best to do.
Bravo! You are on point. You are view are unbiased.
The last statement is similar to what has been going on for the past few weeks on media

1 Like

Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Lemmejoor(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
landforeast:
Of course since the Case is already in Court, they have no right to question him, pending the outcome of the judgement. The Lawmakers should have known this.

Meanwhile

If I tell you that with 540,000 you can buy a Plot of Land in Ibeju-Lekki, will you believe it. But that is the truth.

Plots of Land are offered for sale at Cedarwood Vista Estate Phase 3

PRICE
270,000 For Half Plot (300 Sqm)
405,000 For Half and Quarter Plot
And 570,000 for full Plot.

TITLE: Registered Survey and Deed of Assignment(The Land is not under any form of Government Acquisition)

NEIGBOURHOOD
Dangote Refinery
Lekki Deep Sea Port(First Deep Seaport in Nigeria)
Free Trade Zone
New Lagos International Airport
La Champagne Tropicana Beach Resort
Eleko Beach Resort
Pan Atlantic University
Lagos Smart City

NOTE: Outright Payment can last for three months and there is also provision for 6 and 12 months instalment Payment.

Do you know that Land in this axis appreciates faster than any other place in Lagos.

Do you know that Ibeju-Lekki is the new Lagos.

Do you know that once Dangote Refinery takes off full operation by December that it will be difficult getting a land on this axis at this Amount.

Do you know that many people are massively investing in Ibeju-Lekki that is why the first and second phase of this Estate lasted in the market for three weeks.

Do you know that you will be doing your children a lot of good if you invest in their name. Just imagine what the value of the land will be by the time they grow up.

Do you know that lots of business opportunities will spring up in Ibeju-Lekki. You can set up your business in this axis and make more money than you currently make.

Do you know that just like Lekki Phase 1 and 2, Ibeju-Lekki will become centre of not just local attraction but of international attraction.

Do you know that many Africans will prefer to come and live in Ibeju-Lekki than to go to Dubai in the nearest future.

We are taking Clients for Inspection from our Office in Ajah so if you are interested check my signature below and call my No to book for Inspection.

If you want to contact me personally for either videos, photos or any enquiry please call or chat the Number in my signature below.
Which Dangote refinery takes off in December? Sha all these career liars
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by tociano009(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
landforeast:
Of course since the Case is already in Court, they have no right to question him, pending the outcome of the judgement. The Lawmakers should have known this.

Meanwhile

If I tell you that with 540,000 you can buy a Plot of Land in Ibeju-Lekki, will you believe it. But that is the truth.

Plots of Land are offered for sale at Cedarwood Vista Estate Phase 3

PRICE
270,000 For Half Plot (300 Sqm)
405,000 For Half and Quarter Plot
And 570,000 for full Plot.

TITLE: Registered Survey and Deed of Assignment(The Land is not under any form of Government Acquisition)

NEIGBOURHOOD
Dangote Refinery
Lekki Deep Sea Port(First Deep Seaport in Nigeria)
Free Trade Zone
New Lagos International Airport
La Champagne Tropicana Beach Resort
Eleko Beach Resort
Pan Atlantic University
Lagos Smart City

NOTE: Outright Payment can last for three months and there is also provision for 6 and 12 months instalment Payment.

Do you know that Land in this axis appreciates faster than any other place in Lagos.

Do you know that Ibeju-Lekki is the new Lagos.

Do you know that once Dangote Refinery takes off full operation by December that it will be difficult getting a land on this axis at this Amount.

Do you know that many people are massively investing in Ibeju-Lekki that is why the first and second phase of this Estate lasted in the market for three weeks.

Do you know that you will be doing your children a lot of good if you invest in their name. Just imagine what the value of the land will be by the time they grow up.

Do you know that lots of business opportunities will spring up in Ibeju-Lekki. You can set up your business in this axis and make more money than you currently make.

Do you know that just like Lekki Phase 1 and 2, Ibeju-Lekki will become centre of not just local attraction but of international attraction.

Do you know that many Africans will prefer to come and live in Ibeju-Lekki than to go to Dubai in the nearest future.

We are taking Clients for Inspection from our Office in Ajah so if you are interested check my signature below and call my No to book for Inspection.

If you want to contact me personally for either videos, photos or any enquiry please call or chat the Number in my signature below.
how genuie is the, which document back it up, and which area un ibeju lekki..is the land dry
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by plaindealer: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
Daboomb:

It was "his people" that elected him, not his party[b]

No talking about recall, I was talking about his party taking disciplinary actions as a party member regardless of his people's capacity to recall him or not.

[b]Only "his people" can recall him from the Senate

Not talking about recall even though his people can recall him, I was talking about doing the honorable thing by resigning to save his people from ridicule and embarrassment. This is what they do in America where you borrowed democracy from, parties force their elected officials to resign for less regardless of recall option by their people.

We want a sane, lawful, decent and better country like America, but we behave like Animals without any kind of sense of personal decency and accountability.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
paroh137:
My own problem is Tinubu telling the man "Do you want us to protect you or you want to be on your own?"
Protrect him for and from what please?
he was actually telling him to remember the cabal...
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Dagger111(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
doris00:
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana has said that the Senate ad hoc committee was wrong to have questioned embattled lawmaker, Senator Elisha Abbo, on Tuesday.

Falana said although the Senate had a right to discipline its members, Abbo could not be questioned because the matter was already in court and questioning him now would amount to subjudice.

He noted that Abbo had already been arraigned before a magistrate court, pleaded not guilty and granted bail.

The senior advocate noted that the Senate rules clearly state that when a matter is before a court of law, the Senate cannot discuss such a matter.

The activist said, “We all watched the video showing the senator allegedly assaulting a lady but we all demanded justice and the police have already arraigned him. The matter is now before a court and Senator Abbo is a defendant.

“It is, therefore, wrong for the Senate to sit and investigate a matter publicly while the matter is ongoing in court. That is subjudice. The Senate rules are clear that when a matter is in court, the Senate does not dabble into it.”

Abbo, who represents Adamawa-North senatorial district, was caught on video assaulting a shop attendant in a intimacy gadget shop.

The video sparked outrage across the country with different rights groups demanding his prosecution.

The Senate President subsequently set up an ad hoc committee headed by Senator Sam Egwu of Ebonyi State while Lagos Central lawmaker, Senator Tinubu; Senator Stella Oduah of Anambra-North, Mathew Urhoghide, Dauda Aliu Jika, Sani Musa, and Danladi Sankara are members.

The committee was asked to submit its report within two weeks.

Before the committee could sit on Tuesday, however, the police had already arraigned Abbo the previous day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-remi-tinubu-other-senators-have-no-right-to-question-abbo-over-adult-toy-shop-assault-falana/amp/

Lacuna always in the Law. The pass the bill that favours them always.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by landforeast(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
tociano009:
how genuie is the, which document back it up, and which area un ibeju lekki..is the land dry
Very genuine, it is sold by an Estate Company not by an Individual therefore all the documentation for the Land is intact. Meanwhile you are allowed to Cary out background checks about the company and seek for any clarification and also to for sight inspection before payment.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Antoeni(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
Let the Senate Suspend Him pending when a Judgment is Reached in Court
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by KwoiZabo(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
paroh137:
My own problem is Tinubu telling the man "Do you want us to protect you or you want to be on your own?"
Protrect him for and from what please?
I was so irritated by that woman, also talking about the senate president didnot just pick anybody as if all senators are not equal also saying that she is a woman also bla bla bla
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by orisa37: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
The Senate overlooked that his Constituency hired him and they only can query and fire him.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by maruzia: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
Animal farm
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Emanodimo(m): 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
millhouse:
lol sharp Senator .. he knows with his colleagues justice will be served .. but with d courts justice could be delayed , if possible denied !

Only, the court can judge..... His colleagues can only sanction him..... Which i doubt can be effective knowing well, it was pass through a vote.

In which, majority are men, majority are northerners, majority are muslim. Hence, the possibility of sanction of any means is likely not going to break him down.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by landforeast(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lemmejoor:

Which Dangote refinery takes off in December? Sha all these career liars
With all due respect Sir, this information came from Dangote Group Management until they prove otherwise the Refinery will be taking off very very soon. Don't be left behind, Ibeju-Lekki is taking shape everyday and wise people even student are buying.
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by elvisco10(m): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
He noted that Abbo had already been arraigned before a magistrate court, pleaded not guilty and granted bail.....
Even with the video clip?
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Lemmejoor(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
landforeast:

With all due respect Sir, this information came from Dangote Group Management until they prove otherwise the Refinery will be taking off very very soon. Don't be left behind, Ibeju-Lekki is taking shape everyday and wise people even student are buying.
With all due respect sir dangote refinery ain't ready even in seven years
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by landforeast(m): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lemmejoor:

With all due respect sir dangote refinery ain't ready even in seven years
Like seriously are you Dangote's PA
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by Lemmejoor(m): 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
landforeast:

Like seriously are you Dangote's PA
Don't be ignorant
Re: Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault by godquality: 6:09am On Jul 11, 2019
Saw the video of the lady's lawyer before the panel also explaining that since the case is in court he can't comment on it which is correct. But the insistence of that annoying wife of Tinubu that he tell them what happened just proves that the people saddle with law making knows next to nothing about laws.

The worst part was, she was so rude and condescending. Talking down on people and squeezing her face while talking to people. Just because she married up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day / Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.