Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) (41431 Views)

Nigerian Govt Acquires New ‘attack Helicopters’ / Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) / Governor Akeredolu Takes COVID-19 Vaccine, Flags-off Vaccination In Ondo (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
As part of its efforts to combat the perennial flooding problems ravaging various parts of Ondo State, the State Government, under the administration of Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has acquired the brand new latest model of Amphibious Excavator (CAT 320D2).

Governor Akeredolu said the Amphibious Excavator is required in the state for dredging and clearing of waterways, as well as for temporary channelisation in the state.

Speaking during the commissioning of the Amphibious Excavator on Tuesday, Arakunrin Akeredolu said due to its geographical location, the state is prone to flooding, especially during the rainy season.

The Governor explained that flooding often lead to loss of lives and properties and also stalls movement during the rainy season, with high incidence in Akure, Owo, Ondo, Ikare, Ore, Igbokoda, Okitipupa and other urban centers, all with dire implications on the socio - economic activities of the people.

He said : " It's anticipated that this will no longer be a problem as the Amphibious Excavator (Swamp buggy) would be used to combat perennial flooding problems ravaging various parts of the state."

The Governor said it became imperative to procure the Amphibious Excavator following the need to replace the old and faulty one acquired in 2015, which was no longer in good working condition to tackle the challenges encountered across the State.

According to Arakunrin Akeredolu, it is also neccessary for the state to get prepared, in view of the Nigerian Metrological Agency (NiMet) forecast of intensive rains across the state this year.

He described the gesture as a testament of his administration's commitment to the well-being and safety of the good people of the state, while urging the ministry incharge to see to its good use and maintenance.

http://ondostate.gov.ng/Home/NewsItem/Gov--Akeredolu-Acquires-New-Amphibious-Excavator-To-Tackle-Flooding-In-Ondo

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by christejames(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nice one from a proactive government but the fanfare is totally unnecessary...

#followNPFL

182 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nigeria please this is 2019

A rich individual can afford three of this without decorating it with balloons and taking picture....the world has left us behind let's stop promoting this rubbish

449 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Sanromeo(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
Wow. This is commendable. Well done Aketi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by donbachi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Abeg make him drop dat hand.

8 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Nbote(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
Purchasing 1 excavator to combat flooding? Like seriously? So dis 1 excavator will on its own build drainages , and rechannel flood water abi

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by MightySparrow: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nigerian governors no get shame sha! No be this kind de Redeemed camp and no noise? Make he give us better thing joor.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by PresidentAde(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2019
**** *** ** * Mad people everywhere!

8 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Amuocha: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
Useless governor

11 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by FarahAideed: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
So because the bought a floating power shovel they had to tie balloons and commission it?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by rafindo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
Las las I weak for this country and anyone who support this shit is also a greater shit

16 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nbote:
Purchasing 1 excavator to combat flooding? Like seriously? So dis 1 excavator will on its own build drainages , and rechannel flood water abi

Lazy youth that doesn't read. If you read the article, it's stated there that the Excavator is just for dredging and clearing of waterways to checkmate flooding.

9 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Nbote(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:

Lazy that doesn't read. If you read the article, it's stated there that the Excavator is just for dredging and clearing of waterways to checkmate flooding.

I read and if U have had sense U'ld have understood dat it is d work dat needs to b done dat checkmates flooding, not d excavator... Will dis excavator b used to clear drainages in streets with flood issues due to blocked or inexistent drainage?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by grandstar(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
If you want to live like a king in Lagos, just own 2 if these and station them in Lekki rent and then be renting them out.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by mutumina007: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
Thank you!
OndoFirstBorn:

Lazy youth that doesn't read. If you read the article, it's stated there that the Excavator is just for dredging and clearing of waterways to checkmate flooding.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by jogsman01(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is funny sha. Commissioning ordinary excavator? It is well with the governor oo

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Ultimatezlant: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
A governor commissioned billboard, another street light, now excavator .

And this guy was deemed fit when he championed his weed planting proposal.

I guess the madness don dey ripe

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Ultimatezlant: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
grandstar:
If you want to live like a king in Lagos, just own 2 if these and station them in Lekki rent and then be renting them out.
Bro I am interested in buying and renting this.

How does the bussiness work, who can help me supervise since i nor go dey regularly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by MrAnele(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lol... We are finished in this country

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568) no advance payment
Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by soberdrunk(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
I thought this governor was well educated? See how they are celebrating a bloody excavator...... angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by TundeeednuT: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
And they had to commission it. Must everything be in the news, just do what you were elected to do. I am wondering why they don't publish how much they earn

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is shameful

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by bimgo: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nonsensical.
Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by bisoye11(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
No Hope again
Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by crackhouse(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
jogsman01:
This is funny sha. Commissioning ordinary excavator? It is well with the governor oo
if he no commission am u no go know say na im buy am so he Need to do It so u will know....

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by Felixalex(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nawa o

Nigeria is a funny country sha, sometimes i wonder how people from other countries see us when they see something like this online. Chai

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by realstars: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
How will that bring food to the poor Nigerians?
Re: Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) by 2mch(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lmao. No shame at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army: We Arrested Chinwetalu Agu For Supporting IPOB / Soludo: I Became A Professor In My 30s, Achieved Everything I Wanted In My 30s / "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.