Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors (1090 Views)

Each Nigerian Owes N396,376 As Public Debt Rises To N87.4 Trillion / 2023 BUDGET DEFICIT: Each Nigerian May Be Owing Extra N60k When Buhari Leaves / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by sophsia62: 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lagos State, Nigeria’s richest state remains also its biggest debtor, accumulating as at March this year N542 billion in domestic debt.

Figures published by the Debt Management Office on Wednesday showed Rivers and Delta state, both oil rich states, in a photo finish for the second position.

Rivers has Nigeria’s second biggest domestic debt figure with N225.6 billion. It is followed by Delta with N223.4 billion.

Akwa Ibom, also an oil state, has the fourth biggest debt profile at N199.7 billion. It is followed by Cross River with N167.2 billion.

Federal Capital Territory, which depends on funds from the Federal Government is sixth with N163.5 billion. Osun has a debt burden of N147 billion, Bayelsa N133.3 billion, Kano N121.3 billion and Ekiti N118 billion.

The least indebted state in Nigeria is Yobe with N26.9 billion.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/see-what-each-nigerian-state-is-owing.html

Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by Bitcoinbuyer: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Okay o

I wanna buy bitcoin,if you have,send a dm.Thanks
Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by yinkus6750(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
Even states with highest allocations still go borrowing and end up been biggest debtors.
Definitely, both allocation and borrowed funds weren't used for state issues..
Every state ought not to borrow, maintain your expenditure according to your allocation and IGR.
Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by Tomide007: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lagos state igr will zero it's debt in two years, I think it's still healthy
Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
Anambra owes the 2nd least at 33b. Considering that the state also has one of the least poverty percentiles in the federation, I think it's satisfactory..

1 Like

Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by darfay: 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:
Anambra owes the 2nd least at 33b. Considering that the state also has one of the least poverty percentiles in the federation, I think it's satisfactory..

Considering the fact that the former governor left no debt for the state. But rather savings and investment
My brother this is something to worry about
Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by darfay: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
The situation of some states are really pathetic and I wonder what sensible financial institution would lend them money
Re: See What Each Nigerian State Is Owing, The Biggest And Least Debtors by Bluehill1051: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Bitcoinbuyer:
Okay o

I wanna buy bitcoin,if you have,send a dm.Thanks
Thief!

(1) (Reply)

Tension As NAFDAC Officials, Policemen Escape Lynching In Onitsha Market / Army Reacts To Killing Of Keke Rider In Aba / Deputy Gov Attack Obaseki, Oba Of Lagos At My House – Oshiomhole Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.