Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro (913 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by dkoko4(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2007
tinubu and his nollywood actors part 2, they never stop to dey amaze me,
woe to dem and them families,, na law dem say make u dey make.na film una dey act,

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=15838
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by duduyemi: 5:45pm On May 10, 2007
lol, wow, this is a joke, its funny how pm news was the first 2 print out a story like this as important breaking news, after downing the news that the man tendered in his resignation yesterday,
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by dkoko4(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2007
Dont you know, THE NEWS AND PM NEWS are the official news/gbeborun for tinubu?we no dem, i suggest people shld stop buying der junks, they used to be objective and fair in der reports but now is all praise songs/alagbe for ojuyobo omo ofagbo
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by Mamajama(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2007
How can you Impeach someone that resigned yesterday? TORY TORY. NAIJA DRAMA
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by atiku4lyfe: 7:18pm On May 10, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

How can you Impeach someone that resigned yesterday? TORY TORY. NAIJA DRAMA

rhymes with your wack pdp name mamajama cool cool cool

this will make the lagos house of assembly look very foolish. LOL.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by McKren(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2007
That sums up what Nigeria's self acclaimed democrats are all about.

Tinubu and his cohorts have been burging the hell out of us with how undemocratic and vindictive OBJ is and how he wont let his deputy be. The same people who time and time again keep lecturing us about democracy cant practice what they preach, they even go as far impeaching someone that has resigned. LOL

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin T[i]his country is so sweet[/i].
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by angel101(f): 10:36am On May 11, 2007
lol grin
these people are such a joke!
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by Seun(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2007
WHo is this Femi Pedro guy? Is he the deputy governor?
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 11, 2007
Femi Pedro over reacted after his dream to govern Lagos was botched by the electorate.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by istev(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2007
I followed with growing incredulity   the whole impeachment drama in Lagos State. Now we all know what stuff  "true democrats" are made of.  We now know political officers can get impeached even when they have resigned.The question I've been asking myself since it started is what value is this adding to Lagos or  its people?
The whole "show" is nothing but a flagrant display of misplaced priorities. It serves only to rub the cheap ego of the initiators and  it is an unnecessary irritation  that Lagosians would prefer to be spared. It only goes to underline the fears already been raised that Mr Fashola -the new man  will have to be reporting to uncle Bola to make decisions or even express his opinion on issues. That is if he doesn't want to get impeached the "lawmakers".
I hope EFCC will make good their promise and put those who should be in jail there. We don't need 'an Adedibu ' in Lagos (even if this one has gone to school).
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 11, 2007
Tinubu ain't dictating for Fashola aiight? There is no law that prohibits political romance between the two.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by Mamajama(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2007
How many days does he have left to fulfill his duties? why wait till this insignificant moment to impeach him?
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by Beline(f): 3:30pm On May 11, 2007
Pedro over reacted over the result of April 14 poll and Lagos House decided to kill his political career, what a pity?

He should go back to his banking career
Re: Breaking News: Lagos House Impeach Pedro by atiku4lyfe: 8:13pm On May 11, 2007
Beline:

Pedro over reacted over the result of April 14 poll and Lagos House decided to kill his political career, what a pity?

but the grounds for impeachment according to them was not his protest of the election result (which is legal). they were:

1. during the debates, he did not defend tinubu
2. in a state council meeting, he suggested national allocation of revenue (or something like that)
3. publicly declaring a threat to his life after he was receiving threats (or something), which embarassed tinubu

do these sound like impeachable offenses?

even the people that wanted to impeach ATIKU came up with STRONGER (but also fake) charges. what a joke!!!

(1) (Reply)

Are American Politicians Too Stinking Rich To Be Talking About Poverty? / Nigeria Politicians Are Bad Losers / Nigeria Nuclear Powered by 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.