Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine (4054 Views)

Nigeria's Damola Osayemi Has Been Stripped Of Her Women's 100m Gold Medal / Commonwealth Games: Damola Osayemi Fails Drugs Test / Nigeria Women's 100m Gold Medal Winner Damola Osayemi Has Failed A Drugs Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 11, 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9078690.stm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/10/11/commonwealth.games.india.oludamola

Its also surprising that despite her use of  banned substances she came second before she was handed the gold medal after australia's sally pearson who originally came first was disqualified for a false start.

At this point Nigerian's in sports can do better than using performance enhancers and drugs to partake in Sports . The Nigerian representatives in Sports  where actually sent there to bring medals and pride to the Nation not shame and embarrassment   angry . What do you guys think about this  cry
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by LouisThoru(f): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2010
I wonder if Australians wrote this rubbish about Sally Pearson also!
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2010
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by medjai(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2010
I think we should wait for the final verdict on whether she's positive because she said she took some painkillers for a tooth ache which might have contained the substances she was tested positive for
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 11, 2010
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by phreakabit(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2010
We can all go stupid and immediately, start acting light brained like BK.babe and Bluetooth and turn this into a tribal issue,but that would be silly because its really a National issue! BTW what was her medical team doing? Now i am not saying she took it, but maybe she unknowingly took something with banned substance in it.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by sesman(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2010
The stimulant she has been caught for has caused problems for athletes over the past year. It's a commonly used stimulant as a nasal decongestant and, leading into the Games, there were 11 Indians from different sports who had tested positive for methylhexaneamine, so it's pretty prevelant.

before we start slating her, lets wait for the results of her B sample,
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2010
It could be another error from India (if the test was conducted in india), so let's wait until the final verdict is released.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by sayso: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2010
awaiting B samples.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Ranoscky(m): 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2010
also waiting !
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by semid4lyfe(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2010
This girl has been running in the European circuit where they take drug testing very serious and has not returned positive until now.

I'm inclined to believe her.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by squad1: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
I hope dis is not true,
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by tpsolomons: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2010
squad1:

I hope dis is not true,

Very true it is on her Wikipedia page already angry
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by md4real(m): 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2010
tpsolomons:

haha? so fast, running to check it out
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by blank(f): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
The Australian Sally Pearson was disqualified along with the British Turner for a false start.
Get your story right.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by saintfrank(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
i hardly believe if she really into drugs, Doctor can give false result when it come to Nigerians issues especially in India. Am living in New Delhi though I didn’t witness the physical present of her game…. But I watch it life on TV.
Yuppie Nigerians are pretty doing great in the Delhi 2010 CWG we are much qualify to host 2014 CWG Game
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2010
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Ranoscky(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2010
Is the "B samples" out already? undecided

Daz wat im interested on.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by oluite(f): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2010
waiting 4 d B samples!
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Mortiple(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2010
I pray the "B SAMPLE" will vindicate her.

She is one of our athletes that has what it takes to rule the world of athletics; unfortunately she choose to represent a country called Nigeria that cares less for sports people. Too bad!

May God see her through.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by OmoTier1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
While this news is heartbreaking, I would be very very reluctant to cal her a drug cheat for a number of reasons:

1. Nigeria is not a known drug cheat when it comes to athletics meet

2. Damola has been involved in several european meets and was also part of the Africa meet not too long ago and on each occassion, she was tested and was never found wanting.

I think the IAAF should take a very critical look at the B sample as I do not trust those indian doctors most especially that one of their national dailies has falsely named a Nigerian team doctor as one of those who have taken opportunity of the CWG to carry out a knee operatin in the country for free and further investigation revealed that it was a Namibia team doctor that was involved!
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by md4real(m): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2010
guddsid:

But this really is a slap on our face , we Nigerians hardly do drugs (Not to talk of doing drugs in Sports) i wonder why Damola would stoop so low to bring shame not only to her self but also this nation . I think the body responsible for athletics in Nigeria should learn to have a thorough back ground check on some of this athletes before allowing them represent the Nation cry .
ALWAYS READ AND THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR LOUSY MOUTH.

[b]Methylhexaneamine is the same drug several Indian athletes, including weightlifter Sanamacha Chanu and swimmers Richa Mishra and Jyotsana Pansare, were found to have used in September.

Wada subsequently moved it to the non-specified list, meaning it can be used with a therapeutic use exception certificate.

The Indians subsequently appealed against their bans but there has been no verdict yet.

According to companies that market products that contain methylhexaneamine, the drug stimulates the central nervous system.

It gives the body an energy boost by increasing the body's metabolic rate.

Nigeria's Athletics Federation president, Solomon Ogba, has reportedly claimed Osayemi was given prescription medicine to fight a nagging toothache.

"She took medication for her toothache and we strongly suspect that it was that, which led to her failed drug test," he stated.

The BBC's Steve Cram was not surprised to hear that this particular drug was involved.

"The stimulant she has been caught for has caused problems for athletes over the past year," he said.

"It's a commonly used stimulant as a nasal decongestant and, leading into the Games, there were 11 Indians from different sports who had tested positive for methylhexaneamine, so it's pretty prevalent." [/b]
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Shoolar(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
If she's test positive or negative, d gold medal she has won in DELHI INDIA cannot be taken away from her, but lets wait 4 test result 1st.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2010
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by kokoye(m): 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2010
tpsolomons:

Not saying this is not true but please dont believe EVERYTHING on Wikipedia.

The site is loaded with all sorts of almost unverfified articles from the likes of you and me . . .and Damola Osayemi.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by medjai(m): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

While this news is heartbreaking, I would be very very reluctant to cal her a drug cheat for a number of reasons:

1. Nigeria is not a known drug cheat when it comes to athletics meet

2. Damola has been involved in several european meets and was also part of the Africa meet not too long ago and on each occassion, she was tested and was never found wanting.

I think the IAAF should take a very critical look at the B sample as I do not trust those indian doctors most especially that one of their national dailies has falsely named a Nigerian team doctor as one of those who have taken opportunity of the CWG to carry out a knee operatin in the country for free and further investigation revealed that it was a Namibia team doctor that was involved!

that she has been competing in other international athletics meets and hasnt been found cheating doesnt mean anything.
Marion Jones won 3 gold medals at the Sydney Olympics in addition to the gold she won at the 1998 IAAF world championships and she didnt test positive until couple of years later. Same thing applies to current Olympic 100m champion, Shelly Ann Fraser who this month just got a four months suspension for testing positive for some banned substance. . .
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by ajileko: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2010
Yes, nigerian athletes have been known to cheat, especially in the sport of track & field. Here is a few list:
Chidi Imoh, Chima Ajunwa, Vivian Chukwuemeka,  Amaka Ogoegbunam, Gloria Kemasuede, Toyin Augustus, Clement Chukwu, Innocent Asonze, Daniel Effiong, Funke Adeoye, Davidson Ezinwa & Osmond Ezinwa, Mary Onyali, Josephine Onyia, Chariti Opara, Dupe Osime, Ibifuro Tobin.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by Ruq: 3:29am On Oct 12, 2010
Shiz fuckin inno let her go! and give us the gold demotion is bad!
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by gogo123: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2010
i really hope there is a mistake some where because this is a woman i clearly heard saying about the australian and i quote if some people cannot play by the rules why do they bother to compete. i wish her well and this is a lesson point for all
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by orangemen: 8:20am On Oct 12, 2010
another nigerian has tested positive with the same substance. it is possible that every nigerian in that game took the same drug.
we are doing what we know how to do best - cheating.
Re: Damola Osayemi Test Positive To Recently-Banned Drug: MethylHexaneamine by gidigbam(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2010
if only drug is what she took no problem.shikinah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Dstv And IPTV Channel Free / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid 1-0 – Highlights & Goals / Download Barcelona Vs Villarreal 3 - 0 All (neymar,suarez) Goals & Highlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.