Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

How Can I Calculate The Square Root Of 26? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Calculate The Square Root Of 26? (864 Views)

How To Find The Square Roots Of Numbers Without Using Calculator / Square Root Of Any Number Mentally And Instantly - Cool Math Trick / How To Find The Square Root Of ANY Number Instantly In 3 Secs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Calculate The Square Root Of 26? by nairafame(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
The square root of 26 is a number which when multiplied by itself equals 26.
The first question to ask is “Does the square root of 26 exist?”
And the answer is that for all real numbers greater than 0 there exists a number which is a root (2 , 3, 4, 5 …) for that number.
So for positive numbers, yes.
Also for every positive root there is a negative root of the same value.
so we set up our first equation as
x∗x=26

This seems too simple , but it is what we are talking about.
Try x=4
4∗4=16
; too low
5∗5=25
; too low
6∗6=36
; too high , so
so
5<26−−√<6
5<x<6
still simple but now we have something to work with.
Let us split the difference
This is called "Hero's Method".
S
is our number.
x is our guess for square root of S.
e is our error. e≪x
S=(x+e)2
S=(x+e)2=x2+2ex+e2

See full solution below
Source https://www.nairafame.com/2019/07/how-can-i-calculate-square-root-of-26.html

Re: How Can I Calculate The Square Root Of 26? by nairafame(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
cool

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED : Top 10 Most Lucrative Businesses In Nigeria / Ae-funai College Of Medical Sciences Holds Orientation Programme For Pioneer / SUG President Bags First Class Despite Serving As Students’ Union Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.