Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,411 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. (40324 Views)

Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? / Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Throwback Pics Of Iwilade Afrika, Omoyele Sowore And Lanre Legacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by seanwilliam(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2019
Rapmoney:
In 1999, you were just 2 years old. This is the reason why I don't argue with people on a faceless forum like Nairaland. Some of them can even be the same age with your last child!
dnt lemme slap u sir. thank u
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by betapikin: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2019
Rest In Peace
1999 I was in Primary 6 then�
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by hareskay(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2019
I tire o
Gratefulheart01:

Free the Nigga abeg. grin grin
Some times if you see the age of people yabbing u on NL, you go vex deactivate your account.
Age no reach social media : grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Tstone1(m): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2019
I was in JSS2 then and I could remember watching it on the news at night with my siblings. That was the year I decided to attend OAU for my university degree. Eventually I was later in OSU and got the full story and we do normally marked it every July 10 on campus. Some vital locations are named after "AFRICA" till date on campus. I could also remember I took a photograph at the same spot (Oranmiyan) pole if where the famous Afrika posed with his legendary Ankara. May his soul continue to rest in peace.
And my prayers are with his family always!

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Florblu(f): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2019
Captainmudi:
The guy must have been a cultist, I was in final year Unn then, but we heard the story

I can't believe you're this old yet you write like this. For over 20years, these guys are remembered yearly and I have never heard/read that Afrika was a cultist. Please from which side of your brain did you type from? The empty side or the void part?

Btw, Great life!

22 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by tayour917i(m): 9:37am On Jul 11, 2019
I have nothing but absolute respect for these guys... Rest on in peace AFRIKA.... If COZA case can come on 16 years back.... why not OAU massacre?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Tstone1(m): 9:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Tstone1:
I was in JSS2 then and I could remember watching it on the news at night with my siblings. That was the year I decided to attend OAU for my university degree. Eventually I was later in OAU and got the full story and we do normally marked it every July 10 on campus. Some vital locations are named after "AFRICA" till date on campus. I could also remember I took a photograph at the same spot (Oranmiyan) pole with almost alike Ankara where the famous Afrika posed with his legendary Ankara. May his soul continue to rest in peace.
And my prayers are with his family always!
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Godammit 1999? I was 20.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by gnykelly(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2019
Rapmoney:
In 1999, you were just 2 years old. This is the reason why I don't argue with people on a faceless forum like Nairaland. Some of them can even be the same age with your last child!

Were you here to argue in the first place or share ideas and learn?

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2019
adedayoa2:
Wow we have old men on this forum o, I was in SS2 as at 1999. I dey kneel down greet una o

U sef don old if u were in SS2 in 1999. I just finished sec. school a year before....

You should be around 36 by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by NewCaliYork: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2019
Auntie mi,and I been they crush on you that year ooo,only say na primary 5 I dey, grin grin
adedayoa2:
Wow we have old men on this forum o, I was in SS2 as at 1999. I dey kneel down greet una o
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by adedayoa2(f): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2019
SmileXtraone:

Oya get up grin
thank you, you no allow me tey for ground

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by adedayoa2(f): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2019
NewCaliYork:
Auntie mi,and I been they crush on you that year ooo,only say na primary 5 I dey, grin grin
funny you
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by FarahAideed: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2019
otipoju:
That brutal night.

Kegites were having a world gyration on campus, so the many new faces on campus were not alarming.

The killed Afrika in his sleep. While screaming Awo Machine come out, we need blood.

I remember one other guy they killed saying as his life slowly ebbed away " God, we did not plan it like this"

You were there?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by feda01: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2019
I was at the kegites world gyration that night, all the way from mother shrine Ibadan, it's was indeed a bad day, rip to all the dead. Yemi Ajiteru a great kegite comrade...Rip

12 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by ofiko123(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2019
RIP to the dead..
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by IamSoProlific: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2019
Adaji26:
No Oh, Me I be banker Oh....

Banker

And you're surfing NL while on duty.

Ok ooo, just don't make mistakes with people's money.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2019
Rapmoney:

They have started again. See them claiming ancestors. So because someone is young, he/she can't talk in a public forum abi

8 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2019
The killers and masterminders are probably still alive, you wonder why these foreign gods protect killers, racists terrorists etc while the innocents did like chicken yet they tag greatness and kindness to their names .

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Brazzaville(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2019
adedayoa2:

That's was when I arrived EARTH
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by sigmapompe(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

So many young people dey here sha...I remember I was in JSS2 then when my secondary school gates were flung wide open for his Junior brother (Iwilade Akintayo aka "Iwin" who was in SS2 then to go home for his brother's burial....
You went to FGc ikirun?

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2019
UnitedFront:

I hope you are not fond of insulting elders on nairaland? Lol
Lool Anybody wey bash me, will be bashed too.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Pyramid1212: 10:07am On Jul 11, 2019
same here ss2 dat year it was our set dat took neco first in dis countrt by year 2000

adedayoa2:
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:10am On Jul 11, 2019
mhizv:

Lol same here
Wooow Really?? See my mate oo. I been think say na only ancestors full nairaland grin grin grin
Nice meeting you.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by LhoLar01: 10:10am On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

So many young people dey here sha...I remember I was in JSS2 then when my secondary school gates were flung wide open for his Junior brother (Iwilade Akintayo aka "Iwin" who was in SS2 then to go home for his brother's burial....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2019
DameB:

Wow. See this baby
Mummy I greet u grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2019
Histor6 repeats itself except you prevent. grin grin grin

Say No to coup kiss

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by datigbogirl: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2019
sigmapompe:

You went to FGc ikirun?

O God of creation,
We have come together,
From so many states,
That we may all be blessings,
To the while nation,
From FGCI,
Our almamater.

We pray to God,
To be our guide,
Teach us to live with love & peace,
FGC Ikirun,
Our, almamater.

Great, great, great!
Fellow Students,
Great, great, great!
Our teachers,
Great, great, great!
Our college,
Great, great, great!
Our, almamater!!!

Went on to graduate from the same Great university Afrika was killed.

Of the Greatest Gbogbo!!! Of the Greatest Ife!!!

Too much greatness in just just one individual wink

8 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2019
stubbornman:

That's why you need to respect people here
I
Of course I respect people who deserves it.
Respect is earned not given.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by famouscargo4u: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2019
I was recently discussing with a man in my area. Upon hearing that I graduated from OAU, he recounted how he alongside his friends carried out that dastardly act of murdering on that fateful day. He described it so well though it was as a result of his being drunk. I shuddered in fear knowing the kind of man he is/was. The murderers are still walking free till today. Some of them were caught within 24 hours of the crime but the magistrate court at osogbo set them free though with undeniable evidence. Hmmn, there is God o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

Wooow
Elder I greet oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2019
The most painful thing is that all the suspected cultist caught with axes, guns and bláck axe uniforms were released by the police. Exhibits and evidence were destroyed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) / I Checked My Waec Result And It's Showing Outstanding / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.