Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. (40317 Views)

Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? / Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Throwback Pics Of Iwilade Afrika, Omoyele Sowore And Lanre Legacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2019
Mayor08:

You self don old na... Was also in pry school then.. But finished from OAU, so i know the story well enough
I finished from OAU too sef. I know the story well enough. You sef don old too
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Onyenna(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2019
Adaji26:
Me, I kneel down greet you. I was in JSS 2 then....

Me, i kneel down dey greet you oooh... I was still in primary school then....

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by seunmsg(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2019
adedayoa2:
Wow we have old men on this forum o, I was in SS2 as at 1999. I dey kneel down greet una o

You finished secondary school in 2000?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2019
ThierryJay:

Oh Okay. I left in 1997. Your post brought back nostalgic memories. I was actually Akintayo's set.
Good morning sir. We are still fresh graduates of the school. My knees dey touch ground grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by XchUskY4u(m): 11:22am On Jul 11, 2019
grin grin grin
osemoses69:
2 and you de put mouth for men matter
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by seunmsg(m): 11:22am On Jul 11, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
in 1999. I was only 2.

Anyways. This guy sowore has payed his dues.

See, if you ever abuse me on this forum, I will look for you and flog you silly. grin

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Thanos(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2019
[b][/b]
livebyday:
We heard this news in unilag then it was sad indeed it was my third year .

I recall NANs & the unilag SUG was trying to organize a protest with 12 buses to come for support but the police where called in by the then vc Prof jelili omotola
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Horlhamhi(f): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2019
Florblu:

I can't believe you're this old yet you write like this. For over 20years, these guys are remembered yearly and I have never heard/read that Afrika was a cultist. Please from which side of your brain did you type from? The empty side or the void part?

Btw, Great life!
as in...the comment just weak person
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Brymo4all(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
I was 5 months old then embarassed

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I finished from OAU too sef. I know the story well enough. You sef don old too
Don't attach yourself to my prestigious school. We alumni know ourselves. You went to OUI not OAU.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Kolping: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2019
A very sad day to remember...a young life cut short.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Don't attach yourself to my prestigious school. We alumni know ourselves. You went to OUI not OAU.
Hhhaaaaahhhaaa. Your head scatter for there. Surely u must b one of Dem Awo boy that love shouting wo wo wo wo when a fine lady passes. Trouble maker
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by wroskian(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

So many young people dey here sha...I remember I was in JSS2 then when my secondary school gates were flung wide open for his Junior brother (Iwilade Akintayo aka "Iwin" who was in SS2 then to go home for his brother's burial....
Did you attend FGCIK?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hhhaaaaahhhaaa. Your head scatter for there. Surely u must b one of Dem Awo boy that love shouting wo wo wo wo when a fine lady passes. Trouble maker
I know you frequent block 7 and 8 back then. Then medical floor at Faj. I hail o
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by OMOTOWO(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Flier:
Just like yesterday,I remember the day we took the battle to Oni palace from main compus via road 7,occupied Sabo,Ilare,calling for Omoles head
The next day we attacked Omoles Vc lodge but sadly he was smuggled to ILESHA
I am sure you men would have killed him if you could have gotten access to him.

I was in SS3 then back in egba odeda high school,odeda,Ogun sate

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

I know you frequent block 7 and 8 back then. Then medical floor at Faj. I hail o
Lol. We don't do students. Unfortunately tongue
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by OMOTOWO(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2019
Tstone1:
I was in JSS2 then and I could remember watching it on the news at night with my siblings. That was the year I decided to attend OAU for my university degree. Eventually I was later in OSU and got the full story and we do normally marked it every July 10 on campus. Some vital locations are named after "AFRICA" till date on campus. I could also remember I took a photograph at the same spot (Oranmiyan) pole if where the famous Afrika posed with his legendary Ankara. May his soul continue to rest in peace.
And my prayers are with his family always!
then u will know of tuyo death in OSU
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Betapikin101: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=Rolly22 post=80154508]

The comment Just mad me. [/quote
it's like in OAU there is a special course for insult
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by madgoat(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

So many young people dey here sha...I remember I was in JSS2 then when my secondary school gates were flung wide open for his Junior brother (Iwilade Akintayo aka "Iwin" who was in SS2 then to go home for his brother's burial....
Lies grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by OMOTOWO(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
Pyramid1212:
same here ss2 dat year it was our set dat took neco first in dis countrt by year 2000

yes I remember we didn't write NECO in 1999.We were not happy because NECO started in 2000.

I am 38 now .

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Lol. We don't do students. Unfortunately tongue
Who do you do? Town gboro, porters or crackers?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by tico1212(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

But Akin Iwilade went to Boys only and he’s 98 set (unity school) are you a guy or girl?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2019
seunmsg:

See, if you ever abuse me on this forum, I will look for you and flog you silly. grin

Lol u this Pro Buhari guy grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Who do you do? Town gboro, porters or crackers?
You simply cannot let a lady win eh? Nawa
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You simply cannot let a lady win eh? Nawa
You will win only if you agree to take me out this weekend
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

You will win only if you agree to take me out this weekend
Are we in the same location? I doubt
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by sheystar(f): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=TOPCRUISE post=80154246]The most painful thing is that all the suspected cultist caught with axes, guns and uniforms were released by the police. Exhibits and evidence were destroyed........definitely someone was behind the whole thing.... someone powerful
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by engeen(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hmm what a bloody night. I was in room 102 Fajuyi hall. Slept in the bush all through the escapade. Just like yesterday. May their souls rest in peace.
planetx13:

Hmmm..... i was in room 26 block 1 Awo hall then ...... what a bloody night...

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by engeen(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
You guys will not kill us with this joke. Abeg leave our aburos alone jor.
seunmsg:

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by themonk(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
doreto:

Your thoughts are absurd for a UNN product in 1999.
He is probably an imposter, check how young he is at his profile picture. There is no way he graduated in 1999.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Are we in the same location? I doubt

Check for yourself
See me on Google Maps! https://maps.app./XgdyTKsAX66iQfMPA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OOU Final Year Student Drowns In Hotel On Easter Sunday. / I Checked My Waec Result And It's Showing Outstanding / Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.