Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:06 PM

Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes (1033 Views)

Fathia Williams Celebrates Her 49th Birthday With New Photos / Saheed Balogun Sprays Money On Fathia At Mercy Aigbe's 40th Birthday Party / Fathia Balogun Reportedly Dating Iya Rainbow’s Son, Femi Philips [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes by seunfly: 4:11am On Jul 11, 2019
Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian girl who built robot that folds clothes

Fathia Abdullahi, a 12-year-old Nigerian girl, has begun to gain global recognition after she created a laundry-folding robot that folds clothes in “three seconds” — barely a year after she started coding.

According to Reuters, the young programmer started coding at the age of 11.

Fathia also said she designed the robot prototype to fold T-shirts because “there are too much clothes to fold” during the weekends.

She looks to achieve much more with the skill if she pulls through with her dream of becoming a food scientist in the nearest future.

“I made the T-shirt folder because there are too many clothes to fold on Saturdays and Sundays when you wash a lot. I made it using some pins, some beams, and EV3 brick,” Fathia said while responding to questions as regards the motivation for her innovation.

“I started coding at the age of 11. I decided to build the robot because that’s the problem we have at home. We wash clothes and there are always lots of T-shirts to fold.

“I’d love to be a food scientist when I grow up. I’ll be able to use coding to build so many things that would help me.”

Although she had revealed the robot was just a prototype, the talented programmer said she intends to develop the tech for sale to the local market.

Fathia is, however, not the only one who has impressively deployed coding skills into easing everyday house chores.

In a similar bid to “make daily tasks easier”, Oluwatobiloba Owolola, who is also 12, programmed a robot grabber that senses nearby objects and moves them to a more desired location.

On account of his one-time obsession and fondness for coding, the young boy said he looks to carve out a career for himself in robotics engineering.

This is the robot grabber. I programmed it to identify the object, grab it and take it to another position. I started coding when I was ten. I found Lego Robotics interesting that I wanted to do all through,” Oluwatobiloba said.

The duo told BBC Pidgin that “with coding, they can bring whatever they imagine into reality.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/meet-fathia-12-year-old-nigerian-girl-who-built-robot-that-folds-clothes/

Re: Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 11, 2019
Nice one
Re: Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes by Pappyto: 4:59am On Jul 11, 2019
When I was that age, the only thing I could code was 5 wraps of eba into my stomach. cry

Nice one young girl, God will make your dream come true.

1 Like

Re: Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes by saheedbadmus(m): 5:11am On Jul 11, 2019
nice one angel..that period i was just in jss2 i no go lie i no fit invent anything than to go to the food vendors chamber or malam kiosk and i remembered intro-tech days..i so much hate that subject..but all thanks to my teacher even though i cant remember his name i still recollect his face..such a nice man..he would teach u till u understand
Re: Meet Fathia, 12-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Built Robot That Folds Clothes by jesmond3945: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2019
Why una dey lie, she is just of an academy that teaches students elementary coding in abuja and one of the actuators is a machine that folds clothes.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Politician And His Mistress Naked!!! / FENTY: Singer And Hollywood Actress Rihanna Became Business Mugol / Comedian Bovi Blast Those Who Told Him To Shave His Facial Hair Pack (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.