Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site (13633 Views)

Edo Wife Stabs Husband To Death After He Caught Her With Man On Matrimonial Bed / Wife Cuts Off Husband’s Penis, Throws It Out Of Window For Cheating In Thailand / Nigerian Yahoo Boys, Others Arrested In Ghana, Laptops & Phones Recovered. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by wink2015(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
GistMore:
Nigerian national, two others arrested in India for cheating women on matrimonial site

Crime Branch of Delhi Police on Tuesday, July 9, busted a racket involved in cheating women in the name of marriage proposal through a matrimonial website and arrested three accused persons including a 43-year-old Nigerian national.

Seven mobile phones, 11 SIM cards and one laptop have been recovered from their possession.

The accused have been identified as Smart Egharevba alias Andrew from Benin City, Edo State and residing at Mahipalpur village Delhi, a lady from Jharkhand but living at Mahipalpur, and Balram from Karnal, Haryana.

Police acted on the basis of the complaint by a lady that she was allegedly cheated of Rs. 14 lakhs in the name of marriage proposal through the matrimonial website. The complainant alleged that in December last year, she received a request from a person named Dr Neil Seed Kumar through the matrimony website, who during conversation provided his WhatsApp number and his email address to the complainant.

Thereafter, the complainant and the said person started communication via WhatsApp chats and voice calls and the person subsequently told the complainant that he has been sending some valuable articles like gold and huge cash on her address.

However, on the pretext of custom clearance and other taxes, the said person asked the complainant to deposit money to the tune of Rs.14 lakhs in four different Indian bank accounts.

The Crime Branch team first arrested Balram from his residence in Karnal, Haryana.

"Balram disclosed that he provided the Debit/ATM Card of his bank account to an accused lady living in Mahipalpur, Delhi. On the instance of accused Balram, the lady was also arrested from Mahipalpur Delhi and during interrogation, the accused lady disclosed that she further provided an alleged account to one Andrew who also lives in Mahipalpur, Delhi. Thereafter, accused Andrew has been arrested on the instance of accused lady. He was living in Delhi illegally with his expired visa/Passport," stated a press release from Delhi Police.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nigerian-national-two-others-arrested-in-india-for-cheating-women-on-matrimonial-site

WHAT IS THIS EDO MAN DOING IN INDIA?

I DO NOT ADVISE NIGERIANS TO GO TO INDIA AS OUR IMAGE IS BATTERED IN THAT ASIA COUNTRY DUE TO FRAUD, SCAM, AND DRUG TRAFFICKING NIGERIANS ARE GETTING INVOLVED.
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by Studyinchina200(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
Useless Indians
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by Litmus: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
There are 1606 Indians in UAE prison. Accurate figures

There are 466 Nigerians in UAE prison. Questionable figures since other Africans are often included in any figures quoted abroad for Nigeria (especially sneaky Ghanaians).
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by Litmus: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
Turns out figure I quoted for Indians in Saudi Arabian jails on page 1 was conservative. The Figures currently appears to be 2264 in Saudi Jails. And, as far as I could find out, there are 23 Nigerians in Saudi Arabian jails.

Chew on that.
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by patorial(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Well I came here to check names but I didn't find it familiar
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by braveboy64(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
TANID:
Naija Blogger And Lie.
I swear . Bad people
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by titiforever: 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
Just negodu ka dimkpa si we sekpulu na ni nye ndi India bikonu.
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by sagehacker: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
why the naija guys come knee down
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by charmi1(f): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2019
My mother was a teacher before her marriage and was teaching Computer subject in a school of Udaipur. After some years, she has engaged with my father and after marriage, she has to shift to Jaipur. As my father lives in Jaipur’s Jagatpura area. So, she has left her job. They met online through a portal named free classifieds in jaipur.
Re: Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site by charmi1(f): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2019
Kolkata Classifieds > https:///2W91UnX

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) / Woman Smuggles Cocaine In Bosoms Implants / Young Man Caught Stealing Ram In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.