Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry (2415 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities Would Offer 12-Year-Old Sons To Men For Sex - Verydarkman / 'I Never Fold.. Never!' - Hushpuppi Says As He Poses In Front Of His Luxury Cars / John Dumelo Now Fat, Develops Potbelly After Marriage, Fans React (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by MrAnele(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2019
Fathia Abdullahi, a 12-year-old Nigerian girl, has begun to gain global recognition after she created a laundry-folding robot that folds clothes in “three seconds” — barely a year after she started coding.

According to Reuters, the young Nigerian programmer started coding at the age of 11.

Fathia also said she designed the robot prototype to fold T-shirts because “there are too much clothes to fold” during the weekends.

“I made the T-shirt folder because there are too many clothes to fold on Saturdays and Sundays when you wash a lot. I made it using some pins, some beams, and EV3 brick,” Fathia said while responding to questions as regards the motivation for her innovation.

“I’d love to be a food scientist when I grow up. I’ll be able to use coding to build so many things that would help me.”

Although she had revealed the robot was just a prototype, the talented programmer said she intends to develop the tech for sale to the local market.

Watch Video Below:

https://listwand.com/meet-fathia-12-year-old-nigerian-programmer-who-created-a-robot-that-folds-clothes

1 Like

Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by MrAnele(m): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2019
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by ictjobber: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2019
MrAnele:
Fathia Abdullahi, a 12-year-old Nigerian girl, has begun to gain global recognition after she created a laundry-folding robot that folds clothes in “three seconds” — barely a year after she started coding.

According to Reuters, the young Nigerian programmer started coding at the age of 11.

Fathia also said she designed the robot prototype to fold T-shirts because “there are too much clothes to fold” during the weekends.

“I made the T-shirt folder because there are too many clothes to fold on Saturdays and Sundays when you wash a lot. I made it using some pins, some beams, and EV3 brick,” Fathia said while responding to questions as regards the motivation for her innovation.

“I’d love to be a food scientist when I grow up. I’ll be able to use coding to build so many things that would help me.”

Although she had revealed the robot was just a prototype, the talented programmer said she intends to develop the tech for sale to the local market.

Watch Video Below:

https://listwand.com/meet-fathia-12-year-old-nigerian-programmer-who-created-a-robot-that-folds-clothes

Sweet...
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by Harlem2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
I believe in manufacturing
Not importing and re-selling and wait for imaginary customers
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by MrAnele(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
Harlem2:
I believe in manufacturing Not importing and re-selling and wait for imaginary customers
grin
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by DRPAIT123(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
World most Gifted Tribe
Amazing Clan
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by joylegacie7(f): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
awwww lovely she looks responsible

am sure those saying hausas are abokis you have seen her

keep i up girl shine bright

and the sky is your starting point...........

just felt like talking though...............Please and please nobody should quote me......................
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by Ezeoflagos(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
joylegacie7:

just felt like talking though...............Please and please nobody should quote me......................

I don't have anything to say but i just feel like quoting u

Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by MrAnele(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
joylegacie7:

cool

I just quoted you... Do your worst
Re: 12-year Old Nigerian Girl Develops Robot That Helps Fold Laundry by MrAnele(m): 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
DRPAIT123:
World most Gifted Tribe Amazing Clan
Word

(1) (Reply)

'I Was Bullied Because I Was Not As Beautiful As My Mates- Actress, Chika Ike / “her Little Finger’s Stole My Heart” – Dj Xclusive Welcomes A Baby Girl(photos) / Bbnaija Lucy Roasts Plantain And Turkey, Sells To Her Friend, Ka3na (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.