Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed (35011 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 12, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
OH you want it transfered to your abode?
Well YOU welcome baby... grin
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2019
Noel1:

Well YOU welcome baby... grin
We'll need your car to load it. Thanks dear. I'm waiting
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
We'll need your car to load it. Thanks dear. I'm waiting
I gat a bicycle, 2019 model. I'm sure u gon love it kiss

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2019
If you thinking about establishing a business i woud suggest you consider school locations( nsugbe, main market road, ekwulobia etc) rents around those places are cheap too

Hullabaloon:

I'm targeting a self-con of 100 to 120 per year... Not more than that.

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by healthpal: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Are u still living with yuouyr parents?
you have started...why asking this question...."na dem"
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by nuelyoyo(m): 9:43am On Jul 12, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Ok. It's 13.5% now. Thanks for the info.
you are welcome cool
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by seaboyzen: 9:45am On Jul 12, 2019
AntiMCU:

Op, to put things in proper perspective for you, I was in my parents house when I got my first land.

So do not move an inch from that house. "For now anyways". Continue helping them out and saving.
Find something to invest the savings in.

And Ignore the ridicules! Your life is different from that of friends/colleagues. So also the decisions you make.

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by nairaland0753: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=Conquerdem1 post=80176386]Am 28. Dad n mom splitted couple of years ago after more than 35yrs of marriage. All my elder ones are married and I’ve got one junior Sis. Ever since mom left since two years now. Dad hasn’t been giving me any attention or talk to me since I came back from school 4years ago even before mom left. He goes on his own cos he’s got a Pussy outside but scared to bring her home cos of what ppu in the area will say cos he’s a churchy person and no one expected it. The pussy caused their fight and mom had to move to her own house that she built. I’m tired of the area too and I really wanna move out for greener pasture. I’ve gotten my own rented apartment but don’t know how to tell him cos I don’t think he believes in me but always imagining how am surviving without him. He’s 67 and sometimes am not always happy my mom and Dad are not together. I just want to move on with my life. Someone help me. I need work!! And Gods grace to make it cos nija no easy[/quote

After 35years of marriage?
Hmmmm really heart breaking.
May Almighty God strengthen you and may his grace continue to sustain your family. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Duggedised12(f): 9:59am On Jul 12, 2019
truthsayer009:

Oh sorry about that, I just remembered you now. When are you moving to Lagos from Benin city though? you'll have more opportunities here oh
working on it,thanks for your concern.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by 007lss: 10:02am On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=Hullabaloon post=80154166]Guys I need advice on what to do at this point in my life.

Got a job, in my state, place of work not far from parent's house (rented flat).

I've managed to save up to 400k so far, I've always longed to move away from my parent's house and get my own place, but they'd always kick against it, citing that there's no need for that since work is close to home. Left for them, they'd like me to stay till I plan for marriage whenever that will be; Lol, parents sha.

I'm already 28 years old, so I think it's time.

My colleagues already yab me anytime they get the opportunity, they love reminding me that I still dey chop mama thank you.

Problem is, the job security at my place of work is not that encouraging. I have older colleagues who have been in the company for 8 to 15 years, I've also, within my short period (less than a year now) seen about 5 workers sacked, it's a place where any thing can happen at any time.

So, should I invest this 400k in renting and furnishing an apartment with the constant uncertainty hovering over the job,and no side income yet, or should I continue staying with my parents while I invest the money in a side business which I don't know how it'll fare...

Now, frankly speaking, I'm not cut out for business, it's not my forte at all, so starting any at all comes with great risk but I still feel the need for another source of income.

On the flip side, Staying with my parents is not even as economical as most would think. Ever since I got the job, parents no dey gree say them get money again. All the bills are on me.

I'm just confused.

Salary fluctuates between 60 to 80k[/stay more with them,get a plot of land or half plot and start doing something on it and don't leave your place of work too,opportunity comes once,I did the same last 8 years ago and I'm still enjoying my life now,houses rent nowadays is not encouraging, 120,000 per year,think wisely
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Celebsnews: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2019
2blockus:
Guy man run leave that house oooo.

see the benefits for leaving. 1. u have enough time to think of ur future. 2. u don't feel relax when hustling as u know u are all by urself. 3. if u send ur perent like 15k every month they value it more than the much u spend now.

i left my perent when I was 26 with no job to another state. but now am 28 and am married, have my house and a car.

use u head bro....u must leave ur comfort zone.

Baba O. How did you achieve this much in two years?
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2019
AntiMCU:

Don't use your life as a yardstick please.
I didn't use my life as a yardstick. I used the lives of our thieving politicians who as hard as it may seem to believe, achieved great things at young ages. 28 shouldn't be an age to contemplate living in Daddy's house for the purpose of saving money.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Katier00(f): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2019
Mrjuice:

Secrete is self discipline & been frugal just like me..

As a corper who will be passing out on the 27th of this month, I have been able to save over 180k, add that to this month's final allawee & it will be over 200k.. Mind u, I have already bought a laptop(70k) to replaced my stolen one, occasionally send money to mama & even lent a friend 40k..

I serve in govt school with no stipend, but state allawee is 5k, I don't drink, i don't womanize , I don't v a gf coz that's not my priority now
beautiful
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2019
Noel1:

I gat a bicycle, 2019 model. I'm sure u gon love it kiss
You in luck! I love bicycles
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Graduateacher(f): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2019
LadySarah:
When did paying house rent and furnishing an apartment an investment?
They say You are eating Mama Thank You ,is that bothering your mama,no.
The truth:
your friends are jealous.They want Where they will have unrestricted access to enjoyment from you and the squatters gang.
that 400k that looks too big to Youwill dissappear in 1 week with All the job Insecurity.Ask Ecobank ex workers.

Remain Where You are ,save up the more and invest properly.Dont leave Unless you You are abt to get married.If they Talk ,ignore them.

It will bother any mamma if their 28years old offspring is still eating in their house for free. That's not why they invested in your education. Let's stop being sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Stricklybidness(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2019
Katier00:
this is 2019 o, girlfriend no dey rain again o. The only language I understand is how to make money
Business woman...
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 12, 2019
Young cub simply gotta move out to establish its own territory. @Op be a man and move out. Brave the climes

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Holiegrail2: 11:11am On Jul 12, 2019
You are so so me
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Graduateacher(f): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:
Thanks guys for the advice so far..

Better move out and grow up.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by bbjayone(f): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2019
GOD BLESS U FOR THIS
LadySarah:
When did paying house rent and furnishing an apartment an investment?
They say You are eating Mama Thank You ,is that bothering your mama,no.
The truth:
your friends are jealous.They want Where they will have unrestricted access to enjoyment from you and the squatters gang.
that 400k that looks too big to Youwill dissappear in 1 week with All the job Insecurity.Ask Ecobank ex workers.

Remain Where You are ,save up the more and invest properly.Dont leave Unless you You are abt to get married.If they Talk ,ignore them.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Dpharisee: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2019
When you move to your own apartment, the first thing you will notice from those your friends making mockery of you is telling you how beautiful your apartment is, then suddenly you will see them begging you for the keys so that they can come and spend sometime with their girlfriends.

You will see them eating up all the food which you would have shared with your parents as are you doing now. You will end up paying for two apartments as well as you will contribute in paying the rent in your parents home and other bills and also in your own apartment. Then you will notice that your savings will start dwindling. Dont leave your family house until you are ready, no hurry in life. Like many have said, having your own apartment is not an investment

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by AntiMCU: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2019
MasterRahl:
I didn't use my life as a yardstick. I used the lives of our thieving politicians who as hard as it may seem to believe, achieved great things at young ages. 28 shouldn't be an age to contemplate living in Daddy's house for the purpose of saving money.
Did you consider their background.
Again still using another person's life as a standard.
We are all unique bro

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by AntiMCU: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2019
Xeexeex:

Oga I'll advise you to buy land. Stay with your parents meanwhile. If something happens and you lose the job the price of the land would have appreciated
Thank you.
Another good advice.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by AntiMCU: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2019
ogbonti:

stay there until income improves.... why? since u could save 400k there, you can save 1 million there. if you move out your parents will still need you to support them and money will become tight, and God forbid you lose your job in a few months, they wont remember the years you helped them, but they will remember the few months you didnt because you moved out, move out when you are married, hopefully to someone who is an asset not a liability. your friends laughing at you may be envious you have parents who are sheltering you from the vagaries of mother nature. be careful - never run your life on other's opinion

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by jay7(m): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2019
Mrjuice:

Secrete is self discipline & been frugal just like me..

As a corper who will be passing out on the 27th of this month, I have been able to save over 180k, add that to this month's final allawee & it will be over 200k.. Mind u, I have already bought a laptop(70k) to replaced my stolen one, occasionally send money to mama & even lent a friend 40k..

I serve in govt school with no stipend, but state allawee is 5k, I don't drink, i don't womanize , I don't v a gf coz that's not my priority now

Please I will like to know the side huzzle you add to make you spend above all Nysc has in stock for you because with your analysis 19800*12=237600. State Allowance of 5k =60k for 12 months which know state pays more than 10 or 11 months, so 237600+60000=297,600. From what you have now 70,000 laptop plus 40,000 you send to your friend =110,000 plus the 180,000 you have it will be 290,000, mind you I know you haven't been paid the last 41,100 and I have already included it in my calculations. So tell me don't you eat, buy things throughout your service year?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Abcruz(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2019
IamSoProlific:

Lol. I no understand this your proverb ooo, are you saying the last person to advice OP on these is the master while OP is the slave

Meanwhile, hullabaloon, people have said it all, when I made my first million, I wished I'm in the same city as my parents, so I will stay with them, they have loads of empty rooms, mom can look for my troubles attimes by wanting me to always be around her more like girlfriend boyfriend stuff, but the fact is, I saw those as fun. I was sober and pained we aren't in the same city because I had loads of stuffs to invest on, but I limited them because I was pushed to get a place despite staying with a family member(you can't compare parental love with that of family member)

So bro, you're lucky to have yours around. Stay with them till marriage calls, family value is gold regardless.

You have spoken well.
As regards the proverb, you well know that the meaning of a word depends on it's context. It is written in the context of the advice given to him by his friends.

Rephrasing my statement;
The man who takes into consideration the negative opinions of his friends is slave to them.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Brainardc(m): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
Gloriagee:
Well said
I Concur with this
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:
Guys I need advice on what to do at this point in my life.

Got a job, in my state, place of work not far from parent's house (rented flat).

I've managed to save up to 400k so far, I've always longed to move away from my parent's house and get my own place, but they'd always kick against it, citing that there's no need for that since work is close to home. Left for them, they'd like me to stay till I plan for marriage whenever that will be; Lol, parents sha.

I'm already 28 years old, so I think it's time.

My colleagues already yab me anytime they get the opportunity, they love reminding me that I still dey chop mama thank you.

Problem is, the job security at my place of work is not that encouraging. I have older colleagues who have been in the company for 8 to 15 years, I've also, within my short period (less than a year now) seen about 5 workers sacked, it's a place where any thing can happen at any time.

So, should I invest this 400k in renting and furnishing an apartment with the constant uncertainty hovering over the job,and no side income yet, or should I continue staying with my parents while I invest the money in a side business which I don't know how it'll fare...

Now, frankly speaking, I'm not cut out for business, it's not my forte at all, so starting any at all comes with great risk but I still feel the need for another source of income.

On the flip side, Staying with my parents is not even as economical as most would think. Ever since I got the job, parents no dey gree say them get money again. All the bills are on me.

I'm just confused.

Salary fluctuates between 60 to 80k
I want to be like you when I grow up.
But do you know you can become a billionaire from working from home.
You can become your own boss forever
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by NkemChukwudi: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
naijjaman:

Well, if you come from a dysfunctional family or do not have biological parents, that's your problem not mine. We have a 28 year old still living with his parents and you don't have any solution to his problem. We are supposed to take care of those who took care of us, especially our parents. That's the difference between humans and animals. The choice will always be yours. Just calm down ok.

The had you by choice or by accident. There is a reason some countries are richer than the others. Most Nigerians were born as a result of sex interaction and not based on family planning or purpose. Hope you won't do the same, having accidental instead of planned children.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Conquerdem1: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=nairaland0753 post=80186759][/quote]

Thanks !!
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by IamSoProlific: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2019
Abcruz:

You have spoken well.
As regards the proverb, you well know that the meaning of a word depends on it's context. It is written in the context of the advice given to him by his friends.

Rephrasing my statement;
The man who takes into consideration the negative opinions of his friends is slave to them.

Keyword:- NEGATIVE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Confront My Wife With This Kind Of Question / Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi / "Paralysed Stay-At-Home Husband Impregnates A Disabled Girl On His Street"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.