Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos (41148 Views)

Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) / Anambra Flood: Picture Updates From Odekpe Community / Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by natznext(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
ishawlar:
This man is not a fashion govenor. Step up

Wizkid been wan die put for that Balenciaga shoe when e first commot
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by NanaF: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
eyeview:
When a thief robs you on a daily basis, the day he decides to spare you, you will mistake it for benevolence.

God bless you
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
Nice work so far by the new governor...Kudos.
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by ericmor: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
He should make it free for that time period cus I know they can’t stop collecting money at that toll gate bcs our politicians can do anything to make that money
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by frozen70(f): 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
With the amount of private revenue they are generating there, I bet you nothing will come out of this experiment

Let's watch and see
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by NnwachukuOkike: 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
Where is our money found at the Ikoyi tower
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by tck2000(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2019
DisGuy:
Just automate the payment. Since Lagos state claims to have a registry of all vehicle in the state.

Link the bvn to the car reg-link it to a toll account or let them pay upfront or pay at the shops or online for one off use...voila!!
Yeah
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by laudate: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
olujastro:
Remove all the cashiers from the toll gates and make all pay points automated (it charges you as you drive through) and watch how the Lekki axis traffic drastically reduces.
Nigeria is too cash based. I haven't used an ATM in years (apart from when I pay offering in Nigerian church).
Exactly! cheesy In Singapore, the toll devices are fixed under the overhead bridges, or attached to the base of the bridge's gantry.

There is a toll e-cashcard strip on the car's windshield, that is replenished with funds by the car owner, periodically. Once a car passes under the overhead bridges, it deducts the toll fee automatically from the vehicle, while such a vehicle is still in motion. No waiting, no queues....nothing.

And it happens like that all over the city.

1 Like

Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by laudate: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
DisGuy:
Just automate the payment. Since Lagos state claims to have a registry of all vehicle in the state.

Link the bvn to the car reg-link it to a toll account or let them pay upfront or pay at the shops or online for one off use...voila!!
There is an automated section of the Lekki-Ikoyi toll gate (as well as the Lekki-Epe one), that allows you to use a pre-funded toll gate card that has been loaded with credit, to make payment at the toll gate. sad

There is also an e-Tag device that can be pasted on your windscreen, which is linked to your account set up with the toll gate operators.

But the problem is that it does not give real time updates, as deductions are made from your toll gate account, each time you pass through the toll gate. undecided

Another issue, is that there are often glitches right at the automated section of the toll gate, as sometimes those toll devices stop working due to electricity fluctuations, or software issues.

At the end of the day, the driver is still forced to pay cash, before going through. angry
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by fameworlde: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
toniblacman:

Tell me how
Add me on Facebook - Samson bazunu or WhatsApp 0 9 0 3 4 7 2 5 9 7 3
Re: Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos by fameworlde: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
toniblacman:

Tell me how
You can make up to 100,000 per month jus by playing game

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Buy At The Airport / Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.