Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,365 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies (4901 Views)

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / This Is The Commandment For Christians / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

You see how stupid you are shey? Even if we don't agree on some issues, you should respect me and I will accord you same respect. Look at how I engaged Makschinchin, that is because he is well mannered. Mufftylaff is also another Christian I like to engage. They followed the bible guidelines as laid down in 1 Peter 3:15,16.
Thanks for the insult, but I can't see the backup scriptures I asked for. Pls post them. You come off maligning My Father and you expected me to pamper you. Get on with it boy and post the scriptures let be kick your arse.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
Makschinchin:

You're getting it all wrong sir.. Always taking Scriptural passages out of context And for the records, I'm a Christian, a Nigerian, and I don't link my ancestral history to David's because I'm not an Israelite talk more of David's descendant.. I haven't even seen any Christian who claims such (I don't personally know anyone from Israel). If you know any who is claiming such, why not let us know? Again, I don't have low self esteem and inferiority complex, so why would you ascribe such words to all Christians??

For those who care to know, in the Bible, Jesus often spoke in parables.. He explained these parables to His disciples and people who cared to know. There were some parables Jesus spoke that even His disciples didn't understand, they asked Jesus and He explained the parables to them But for some others who don't believe in Him, who never cared to know, they were left in the dark and may have ended up using logic/reasoning to unravel the truth behind the parables..

You can never decipher Jesus' parables with common sense/logic/human reasoning, you'll only end up in confusion. It is only the Holy Spirit that can give us understanding into everything that has to do with the Word of God and the Ways of God.

My dear FolyK, stop using human reasoning alone to decipher the Word of God.. Ask for the wisdom of God which is pure and full of good fruits.. "Ask and keep asking, and it shall be given unto you..." Matthew 7:7

Thank you
He doesn't have wisdom and he cannot have it. At least Divine Wisdom, that one comes from Jesus and he is Anti-Christian.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
Makschinchin:

Thank you for pointing that out sir. There's so much heresy today.. But thank God for His Spirit who helps us discern from wrong and right.. Albaghdadi keep bringing Psalm 15 as his case study.. And just a word from Jesus here is clear enough on the issue of love and hate
I use to think that guy was a Christian, but to see him preach hate here. Fear catch me.

Hate? Satan's tool in a life of someone who shd have Love? How can Love And Hate Coexist Biko?
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by OkCornel(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Anas09:

What kind of Christian are you if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus?
From Eden God wanted a personal relationship with Adam, hence he came down at he cool of the day to fellowship, have a nice time visiting and conversing with him.

He had a relationship with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, I can go on. Everyone who ever walked with God, was in relationship with Him. How is your own Christianity different?

No wonder you say we shd hate people.
OKcornel, I spot you o. Abeg put mouth for this talk.

No matter what you say, alBHAGDADI is still convinced that believers in Christ should be full of hatred for a certain group of people.

He believes sinners and evil doers should be hated... rather than their actions/deeds only...
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by alBHAGDADI: 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
Anas09:

I use to think that guy was a Christian, but to see him preach hate here. Fear catch me.

Hate? Satan's tool in a life of someone who shd have Love? How can Love And Hate Coexist Biko?

There's a time for every purpose on Earth.

Ecclesiastes 3:8 (KJV)
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

You say hate is Satan's tool in someone's life? I guess David whom Jesus descended from is Satan's tool for making the below statement.

Psalm 139:21-22 (KJV)
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Yet you think the Son of David is different and we his disciples should be different. Below is Jesus expressing his hate for not only the act/deed of trading at the temple of God but also the traders by flogging them.

John 2:15-16
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

You better open your heart to the words of God and stop being led by your own emotions. Not hating the ungodly will make God's wrath fall upon you like Jehoshaphat.

2 Chronicles 19:2
And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

I've showed countless verses that shows God's people are to hate ungodly and evil people. You have not shown me any verse otherwise, yet you say I'm not Christian?
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 12:12am On Jul 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

There's a time for every purpose on Earth.
Ecclesiastes 3:8 (KJV)
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
I hope you realise that what you just quoted was the thoughts of a man (Solomon) not the mind of God?
And their days and covenant was different from the ones you claim to be part of today?

alBHAGDADI:

You say hate is Satan's tool in someone's life? I guess David whom Jesus descended from is Satan's tool for making the below statement.
Psalm 139:21-22 (KJV)
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
This was a man not God talking alBHAGDADI. If you ascribe everything men did or said in the Bible as coming from God, then you'd even attribute their sins to Him too.

Pls post whete YHWH says to hate people.

alBHAGDADI:

Yet you think the Son of David is different and we his disciples should be different. Below is Jesus expressing his hate for not only the act/deed of trading at the temple of God but also the traders by flogging them.

John 2:15-16
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Pls where does it say he expressed HIS HATE for the people. Reading you associate Hate with Christ alone makes me shudder.

John 2:15-16 So he took some rope and made a whip. ~~Then he chased everyone out of the temple~~, together with their sheep and cattle. He turned over the tables of the moneychangers and scattered their coins. Jesus said to the people who had been selling doves, “Get those doves out of here! Don't make my Father's house a marketplace.”
alBHAGDADI, these people you claimed Jesus hatefully flogged out if the Temple were the same people who engaged Him in a discussion?

John 2:18 The Jewish leaders asked Jesus, “What miracle will you work to show us why you have done this?”

Are you for real alBHAGDADI? Will you lie with the Word of God? Jesus drove the people out if the Temples, yes, but it never said, he layed hands on anybody in that Temple, pls desist from lying against the Master.

alBHAGDADI:

You better open your heart to the words of God and stop being led by your own emotions. Not hating the ungodly will make God's wrath fall upon you like Jehoshaphat.

And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.
I am waiting to see where you see YHWh commanding people to hate each other. All you post here are Humans expressing their thought.

You posting these scriptures and I'm treating them, if I post mine, make sure to treat them, for they shall be the Lord's words directly.

alBHAGDADI:

I've showed countless verses that shows God's people are to hate ungodly and evil people. You have not shown me any verse otherwise, yet you say I'm not Christian?
I thought you were going to say 'I have shown you countless verses where YHWH says we shd hate people alas, you said 'People'.

Now, it's time for me to.post mine be sure to answer.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 12:42am On Jul 14, 2019
@ alBHAGDADI pls line by line explain these within Contexts.
The Lord whom you claim hates people says ;

John 15:12
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Matthew 5:43-48 You have heard people say, “Love your neighbors and hate your enemies.”
alBHAGDADI, here is the Lord quoting the men you said hates people, Jesus is telling you in the following verse that, that wasn't him talking in them.

But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you.

Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven.

He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong.

If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for this? Even tax collectors love their friends.

If you greet only your friends, what's so great about this? Don't even unbelievers do that? But you must always act like your Father in heaven.

This is the character or reaction of someone who shd hate as a result of the actions of others but because he has love, read what he does.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

Proverbs 25:21 If your enemies are hungry, give them something to eat. And if they are thirsty, give them something to drink.

1 John 2:9 If we claim to be in the light and hate someone, we are still in the dark.

1 John 4:8 God is love, and anyone who doesn't love others has never known him.

1 Peter 4:8
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

Proverbs 10:12
"Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs."

1 Thessalonians 3:12
"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other ~~~and for everyone else~~~, just as ours does for you."

1 John 4:7
"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God."

1 John 4:9-11
"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

alBHAGDADI I conclude with this, but they are still.many more;

Romans 12:19-21 Dear friends, don't try to get even.
Let God take revenge.

In the Scriptures the Lord says, “I am the one to take revenge and pay them back.”

The Scriptures also say, “If your enemies are hungry, give them something to eat.

And if they are thirsty, give them something to drink.

This will be the same as piling burning coals on their heads.”

Don't let evil defeat you, but defeat evil with good.

I will patiently wait for you to explain what we as Christians are to do with these scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by alBHAGDADI: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:
@ alBH.AGDADI pls line by line explain these within Contexts.
The Lord whom you claim hates people says ;

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

When we tell you people to stop using other Bible versions and stick to the King James Version alone, you think we don't know what we are saying. The evrse you quoted from a corrupt Bible version has confised you. Below is what the verse truly is

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Love one another is different from love Everybody. When Jesus said we should love one another, he simply meant Christians should love fellow Christians i.e love yourself as a Christian and another Christian like you. It means love another disciple.

Look at a parallel verse in the same book of John. Notice that Jesus said it is a new commandment. Loving one another is a new commandment, but love is not because it has always been in the old testament.

John 13:34-36 (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; [/b]as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 [b]By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Clearly, when Jesus said we should love one another, he's basically saying love fellow Christians. Love one another doesn't mean love a serial rapist. I'm I a serial rapist that I'm to love my fellow serial rapist? No.

Matthew 5:43-48 You have heard people say, “Love your neighbors and hate your enemies.”
alBHAGDADI, here is the Lord quoting the men you said hates people, Jesus is telling you in the following verse that, that wasn't him talking in them.

But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you.

Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven.

He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong.

If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for this? Even tax collectors love their friends.

If you greet only your friends, what's so great about this? Don't even unbelievers do that? But you must always act like your Father in heaven.

Go back to that thread of mine. This time around, read it not like a blind man would. You will see that I already explained the above passage. Or better still, check the first page of the thread, my comment has the explanation.

This is the character or reaction of someone who shd hate as a result of the actions of others but because he has love, read what he does.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

No, your understanding of the verse doesn't agree with the verse. Nowhere does it speak of someone hating deeds and loving the sinner. Stop infusing words into the Bible. The verse is only teaching us how to love.

Proverbs 25:21 If your enemies are hungry, give them something to eat. And if they are thirsty, give them something to drink.

Go back to my thread or my comment on the first page of this thread to see who your enemy is. Not everybody is your enemy, and so you are not required to love everybody.

1 John 2:9 If we claim to be in the light and hate someone, we are still in the dark.

1 John 4:8 God is love, and anyone who doesn't love others has never known him.

Again, I will advice you to throw away that silly satanic Bible version you are using and stick to the King James Version.

Look at how Satan has corrupted those verses to suit your narative. The verse doesn't say "hate someone". It simply says "hateth his brother". I showed you a Bible verse above which shows that our brother is our fellow Christian. If we hate him, then God's love is not in us. Nowhere does the verse say if we hate a rapist, serial killer, drug dealer etc, then God's love is not in us.

1 John 2:9
9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

Look at the second verse you quoted, look at how wrong it has misled you. You better stay away from that Bible translation and stay with the KJV.

1 John 4:8
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

The verse is so saying we should love one another, just as I established above that the one another are fellow Christians. If you have read from verse 7, you would have seen it there. It also says if you don't have such love, then the you do not know God. Isn't this all consistent with what I've been saying since?

1 Peter 4:8
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

Look at the correct rendition below. It's still speaking of love among Christians because the book of Peter was sent as a letter to Christians.

1 Peter 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Of course there will be conflict as long as I hate evil doers who don't want to repent.

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other ~~~and for everyone else~~~, just as ours does for you."

12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

Notice that it is the Lord that is making you increase in love towards all men. It is not you. When God makes you increase in love towards all men, it means those men have made themselves worthy of his love. The verse never said you should love an unrepentant Shekau. But if he repents, which will be through God's works, then it means your love will now be increased to ards loving him.

1 John 4:7
"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God."

1 John 4:9-11
"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

I've already explained this Love one another verses as seen above.

alBHAGD.ADI I conclude with this, but they are still.many more;

Romans 12:19-21 Dear friends, don't try to get even.
Let God take revenge.

In the Scriptures the Lord says, “I am the one to take revenge and pay them back.”

Where have I preached revenge or getting even?

The Scriptures also say, “If your enemies are hungry, give them something to eat.

And if they are thirsty, give them something to drink.

This will be the same as piling burning coals on their heads.”

Don't let evil defeat you, but defeat evil with good.

I will patiently wait for you to explain what we as Christians are to do with these scriptures.

Have I not preached love for enemies?
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

Thanks for the insult, but I can't see the backup scriptures I asked for. Pls post them. You come off maligning My Father and you expected me to pamper you. Get on with it boy and post the scriptures let be kick your arse.

Where I take insult your father? You no sabi your father again?
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

I asked that you post scriptures backing your comments @bolded here. Can you pls post them?

Post wetin? I have done that. Go through the thread again. The scripture verses were posted. I no get strength to dey post am again
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:36am On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

So satanism is the right path, why then aren't you cozy staying in your shrine but always want to talk Christianity which is not the right path. Are you confused?

Where did I say Satanism right path? This one done mad o.

You see, beyond Christianity, there are human. I can always talk to my fellow about what they do. That is because I have knowledge about it and found it not wanting.

You are all over displaying your stupidity. If you are an example of Christianity, no one would be a Christian. By their fruit we know them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by alBHAGDADI: 7:40am On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

I hope you realise that what you just quoted was the thoughts of a man (Solomon) not the mind of God?
And their days and covenant was different from the ones you claim to be part of today?

Now, I understand where you are coming from grin

You simply lack the knowledge of the words of God. To you, Solomon was just a man, but you failed to realize he was also a prophet whom God inspired to write two books in the Bible. Those where not his words but the words of God. Remember when you quoted the below verse from the book of Proverbs...

But when I showed you from the same Book of Proverbs that there's a time to love and a time to hate, all of a sudden the book of Proverbs became a mere man speaking. grin

Their days are not different from ours. God which was yesterday is the same today and forevermore. He doesn't change. If he condoned it then, it means he still does.

This was a man not God talking alBHAGDADI. If you ascribe everything men did or said in the Bible as coming from God, then you'd even attribute their sins to Him too.

Pls post whete YHWH says to hate people.

Yes, it was David talking as he was inspired by God. A foolish you will open your mouth to say the prayers in Psalm 23, but when it comes to the other words of David in the same book of Psalm, you reject them. Can you see how foolish and disobedient you are to the word of God?

Yes, it was David talking and what he said is scripture which was an inspiration from God which is how we should live our lives.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Now, to your question. The passage from David is clearly Jehovah telling us to hate those who hate him.

Pls where does it say he expressed HIS HATE for the people. Reading you associate Hate with Christ alone makes me shudder.

John 2:15-16 So he took some rope and made a whip. ~~Then he chased everyone out of the temple~~, together with their sheep and cattle. He turned over the tables of the moneychangers and scattered their coins. Jesus said to the people who had been selling doves, “Get those doves out of here! Don't make my Father's house a marketplace.”
alBHAGDADI, these people you claimed Jesus hatefully flogged out if the Temple were the same people who engaged Him in a discussion?

John 2:18 The Jewish leaders asked Jesus, “What miracle will you work to show us why you have done this?”

Are you for real alBHAGDADI? Will you lie with the Word of God? Jesus drove the people out if the Temples, yes, but it never said, he layed hands on anybody in that Temple, pls desist from lying against the Master.

Stop being foolish. What do you think Jesus did with the whip he made? You mean he wasted time making a whip out of ropes and just held it for nothing? Mind you, the people he chased out were the traders, not the Jewish leaders as you are trying to make it seem by quoting verses wrongly. Clearly, the people he engaged in a discussion are not the traders he chased out. Or when did the Jewish leaders start to trade in the temple?

I am waiting to see where you see YHWh commanding people to hate each other. All you post here are Humans expressing their thought.

Look below, you will see a Prophet of God speaking. But your stubborn self who doesn't want to obey God has rejected the words he gave through his prophet.

You posting these scriptures and I'm treating them, if I post mine, make sure to treat them, for they shall be the Lord's words directly.

Which one have you treated? grin

I thought you were going to say 'I have shown you countless verses where YHWH says we shd hate people alas, you said 'People'.

Now, it's time for me to.post mine be sure to answer.

Was it every time Good opened his mouth to speak in the Bible? Was he not always speaking through his Prophets? I just showed you what he said through his prophet Jehu telling us that we are not to love the ungodly and those who hate God. But your stubborn self won't listen. You want to hear it from God himself. Why not ask him to come down and say it to you.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2019
The LOVE Jesus thought of, spoke about and exhibited in action could be clearly seen in his dealing with his contemporaries.

He is an advocate of the belief in resurrection, so the love is evident in his speaking the truth fearlessly and to escape from the hands of murderous critics even when he posses the power to destroy them. And he'll rather die in the hands of his enemies than to jeopardize their chances of repentance!
He knew that if they die in there sins, they're gone for good but if the faithful dies, resurrection is certain!
So all those who believe his teachings follows his pattern by surrendering their lives instead of killing people all in the name of SELF DEFENCE! Act 7:60
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Makschinchin: 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
Maximus69:
The LOVE Jesus thought of, spoke about and exhibited in action could be clearly seen in his dealing with his contemporaries.

He is an advocate of the belief in resurrection, so the love is evident in his speaking the truth fearlessly and to escape from the hands of murderous critics even when he posses the power to destroy them. And he'll rather die in the hands of his enemies than to jeopardize their chances of repentance!
He knew that if they die in there sins, they're gone for good but if the faithful dies, resurrection is certain!
So all those who believe his teachings follows his pattern by surrendering their lives instead of killing people all in the name of SELF DEFENCE! Act 7:60

Thank you
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Makschinchin:

Thank you
You're welcome! smiley
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Now, I understand where you are coming from grin

You simply lack the knowledge of the words of God. To you, Solomon was just a man, but you failed to realize he was also a prophet whom God inspired to write two books in the Bible. Those where not his words but the words of God. Remember when you quoted the below verse from the book of Proverbs...

But when I showed you from the same Book of Proverbs that there's a time to love and a time to hate, all of a sudden the book of Proverbs became a mere man speaking. grin

Their days are not different from ours. God which was yesterday is the same today and forevermore. He doesn't change. If he condoned it then, it means he still does.

Yes, it was David talking as he was inspired by God. A foolish you will open your mouth to say the prayers in Psalm 23, but when it comes to the other words of David in the same book of Psalm, you reject them. Can you see how foolish and disobedient you are to the word of God?

Yes, it was David talking and what he said is scripture which was an inspiration from God which is how we should live our lives.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Now, to your question. The passage from David is clearly Jehovah telling us to hate those who hate him.

Stop being foolish. What do you think Jesus did with the whip he made? You mean he wasted time making a whip out of ropes and just held it for nothing? Mind you, the people he chased out were the traders, not the Jewish leaders as you are trying to make it seem by quoting verses wrongly. Clearly, the people he engaged in a discussion are not the traders he chased out. Or when did the Jewish leaders start to trade in the temple?

Look below, you will see a Prophet of God speaking. But your stubborn self who doesn't want to obey God has rejected the words he gave through his prophet.

Which one have you treated? grin

Was it every time Good opened his mouth to speak in the Bible? Was he not always speaking through his Prophets? I just showed you what he said through his prophet Jehu telling us that we are not to love the ungodly and those who hate God. But your stubborn self won't listen. You want to hear it from God himself. Why not ask him to come down and say it to you.
Now I understand why you are so aggressive and bitter, may it not consume you.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Where did I say Satanism right path? This one done mad o.

You see, beyond Christianity, there are human. I can always talk to my fellow about what they do. That is because I have knowledge about it and found it not wanting.

You are all over displaying your stupidity. If you are an example of Christianity, no one would be a Christian. By their fruit we know them
I'm still waiting for your scriptures.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

I'm still waiting for your scriptures.

Everything I said on this thread is backed up with bible verse. If you can take your time and read through the thread, you are going to find my scripture reference.

You may choose to be lazy and blind. I no get your time.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by alBHAGDADI: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

Your reply shows you've accepted defeat.

grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

Aitete m'ole

You are the one that is been aggressive and bitter on this thread.

Like I said before, if you are representation of what Christianity is, no one will be a christian. Tunwa e she

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

grin

The dunce has so soon forgotten that the all the scripture is an inspiration from God. Nothing is penned down on the thought of men.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by alBHAGDADI: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

The dunce has so soon forgotten that the all the scripture is an inspiration from God. Nothing is penned down on the thought of men.

Don't mind the fo and his entourage
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

When we tell you people to stop using other Bible versions and stick to the King James Version alone, you think we don't know what we are saying. The evrse you quoted from a corrupt Bible version has confised you. Below is what the verse truly is

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Love one another is different from love Everybody. When Jesus said we should love one another, he simply meant Christians should love fellow Christians i.e love yourself as a Christian and another Christian like you. It means love another disciple.

Look at a parallel verse in the same book of John. Notice that Jesus said it is a new commandment. Loving one another is a new commandment, but love is not because it has always been in the old testament.

John 13:34-36 (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; [/b]as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 [b]By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Clearly, when Jesus said we should love one another, he's basically saying love fellow Christians. Love one another doesn't mean love a serial rapist. I'm I a serial rapist that I'm to love my fellow serial rapist? No.

Go back to that thread of mine. This time around, read it not like a blind man would. You will see that I already explained the above passage. Or better still, check the first page of the thread, my comment has the explanation.

No, your understanding of the verse doesn't agree with the verse. Nowhere does it speak of someone hating deeds and loving the sinner. Stop infusing words into the Bible. The verse is only teaching us how to love.

Go back to my thread or my comment on the first page of this thread to see who your enemy is. Not everybody is your enemy, and so you are not required to love everybody.

Again, I will advice you to throw away that silly satanic Bible version you are using and stick to the King James Version.

Look at how Satan has corrupted those verses to suit your narative. The verse doesn't say "hate someone". It simply says "hateth his brother". I showed you a Bible verse above which shows that our brother is our fellow Christian. If we hate him, then God's love is not in us. Nowhere does the verse say if we hate a rapist, serial killer, drug dealer etc, then God's love is not in us.

1 John 2:9
9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

Look at the second verse you quoted, look at how wrong it has misled you. You better stay away from that Bible translation and stay with the KJV.

1 John 4:8
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

The verse is so saying we should love one another, just as I established above that the one another are fellow Christians. If you have read from verse 7, you would have seen it there. It also says if you don't have such love, then the you do not know God. Isn't this all consistent with what I've been saying since?

Look at the correct rendition below. It's still speaking of love among Christians because the book of Peter was sent as a letter to Christians.

1 Peter 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Of course there will be conflict as long as I hate evil doers who don't want to repent.

12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

Notice that it is the Lord that is making you increase in love towards all men. It is not you. When God makes you increase in love towards all men, it means those men have made themselves worthy of his love. The verse never said you should love an unrepentant Shekau. But if he repents, which will be through God's works, then it means your love will now be increased to ards loving him.

I've already explained this Love one another verses as seen above.

Where have I preached revenge or getting even?

Have I not preached love for enemies?
You know? If I had the kind of Spirit which drives you, I'd ve called you a satanist, but, that won't come from me. Let the readers make up their minds as they read us.

Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
Apologies @Anas09 for using foul words against you. Never knew you were a lady. My bad for engaging you in such manner.

Can we start proper discussion? I am open if you want to. what scripture references do you want me to present?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
Apologies @Anas09 for using foul words against you. Never knew you were a lady. My bad for engaging you in such manner.

Can we start proper discussion? I am open if you want to. what scripture references do you want me to present?
Don't bother KAZE, This arguements won't lead us anywhere. Let's just leave it and wait to die and see.
Apst Paul says; Now all we can see of God is like a cloudy picture in a mirror. Later we will see him face to face. We don't know everything, but then we will, just as God completely understands us.
1 Corinthians 13:12
Give or take, 50 yrs from today most of us here wld be dead, and all will be open in yonder lands. If Jesus is wrong abt everything, then whatever will become of Him shall be the lot of us who hold unto Him tenaciously. I won't regret being wherever He will be.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Aitete m'ole

You are the one that is been aggressive and bitter on this thread.

Like I said before, if you are representation of what Christianity is, no one will be a christian. Tunwa e she
I didn't refer to you here. I may be missed quoted you. I meant it for alBHAGDADI, not you.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

grin
Defeat? This is what you are here for? To win? Oh wow. No wonder you attack people with so much venom.

alBHAGDADI, I really pray your Pride won't drive you to the flames. But, with how you're going, I doubt if you'd ever see your errors and repent.

May Jesus save you from your sins of murder.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
OkCornel:

No matter what you say, alBHAGDADI is still convinced that believers in Christ should be full of hatred for a certain group of people.

He believes sinners and evil doers should be hated... rather than their actions/deeds only...

And if Jesus were to go by that, no one on earth shall survive, for Adam and Eve wld ve died in Eden.

alBHAGDADI is a murderer in his mind. he kills people in his mind. Maybe he doesn't know that that is as good as putting a gun to people's heads and pulling the trigger. The Lord says 'If you think it, you have done it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Where I take insult your father? You no sabi your father again?
God is my Father.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Maximus69:

CC: alBHAGDADI.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by Anas09: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't mind the fo and his entourage
Why didn't you complete the 'fool?' Man, your mind is dark.
Re: Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies by OkCornel(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
Anas09:

You know? If I had the kind of Spirit which drives you, I'd ve called you a satanist, but, that won't come from me. Let the readers make up their minds as they read us.

Shalom.

Lol...and the irony is alBHAGDADI is quick to call other people Satanists...whereas he's the closest thing to one.

I won't be surprised if he is truly one of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Okotie Dies Of Covid-19 / God's Power:::michael Sambo Dead Or Alive? / 21 Days Hallelujah Challenge With Nathaniel Bassey "OPEN HEAVENS"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.