Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) (35451 Views)

The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2019
Silver9:

I have reduced you to emojis and have shut the valve from whence the putrid stench of your heretic postulations flow. Loser!

No one knows how many heretic imps like you roam the earth sowing seeds of rebellion in the hearts of impressionable young women.

Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.
But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away
(matt 13:24-25)

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bloody demonic twerp!

lipsrsealed tongue
jesusjnr:
No point wasting more words on a seed of satan in the church.

Everything I have said previously should suffice to deliver you of your Antichrist demons, but if not, then nothing else I say would.

You can come in another moniker but by your Antichrist and Pharisaic fruits we shall know you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Excellentmind: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
Pastor Chris has said it as it is not minding who gets offended. Bravo!

Please, for those who are already at breaking point as a result of this universal truth, I say bear with us, for it has been there before you were born and there is nothing you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Silver9: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
jesusjnr:

lipsrsealed tongue

jesusjnr:

...For to those of today's church it was always the Bible, but to me it was always the Words of Jesus.

And when I speak of the Words of Jesus, I mean the Words of Jesus, for i'm being specific, for although the Words of Jesus itself is included in the Bible, the Bible is not the Words(Gospel) of Jesus as some erroneously call it, for the Words of Jesus is only a small fraction of the Words in the Bible.

What other proof does one need to know that this heretic demon is a divisive agent of darkness? Can you imagine this inglorious beast of the end time cherry-picking the bible? Little wonder he said I was quoting Paul!!!

Frustrated, jobless satanic apostle. I didn't know Satan has fallen so low that he employs half-wits who could barely write and lethargic theological buffoons like you.

Little wonder you spent a whole 3 pages of a thread practically talking to yourself. See who wants to correct the church!!!

Mad man!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Maestro21: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"The president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome, as seen from the above YouTube video clip excerpts has been preaching this lopsided, unevenly balanced, biased and distorted in a way that is makes it inaccurate, unfair, misleading and indirectly talking about his wife and rocky marriage since 2014 and even after the uneventful breakdown of same marriage on April 9, 2014, when his now ex-wife filed for divorce at the Central Family Court in London"
- Religion / Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 5:02am

You are really thicker than a two plank wood for publicly self embarrassing yourself

Is it until I paste a screenshot here, showing the date stamps of the video and sermon being made in 2014 and 2016 respectively that you would eat the humble pie and accept the humiliation for being ignorant of the fact years the video was uploaded to YouTube and the other sermon was preached

Of course, the shoes has been pinching his feet since around and before 2007. Cracks were already showing in his rocky marriage. He couldnt and didnt know how to handle this badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman of a wife he had. He was at wits end, that is why he had to resort to misinterpreting the Bible, like, saying husband in the Bible means master, when what it means is man, like a woman having a man, as in a husband. That was lie #1.

Then he went on to further goof that, woman was not part of God's original plan. Lie #2 and what a big fat heresy.

He moved on to then indirectly taking swipe at his wife's father. Codely saying the father didnt train the wife how to relate with her husband. Oyakhilome, was preaching about what he was dealing with at home. There is no two ways about it.

His missus, now ex wife saw through his bullshits, absurdity, irrationality and heresies. That is why she left him

How can you possibly argue with me except you are as confused and bereft of common sense as I already suspected. What if I told you that I was in the venue what would you say? What if I also told you he has taught similar things even in 2002, what would you say? How will that help the rubbish you have above?

Husband in the Bible means man? grin Juxtapose your lie 2 claim with Petra1's post above. I want to see if contextualization is your issue or if you are just a dummy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
Silver9:

What other proof does one need to know that this heretic demon is a divisive agent of darkness? Can you imagine this inglorious beast of the end time cherry-picking the bible? Little wonder he said I was quoting Paul!!!

Frustrated, jobless satanic apostle. I didn't know Satan has fallen so low that he employs half-wits who could barely write and lethargic theological buffoons like you.

Little wonder you spent a whole 3 pages of a thread practically talking to yourself. See who wants to correct the church!!!

Mad man!
lipsrsealed tongue
jesusjnr:
No point wasting more words on a seed of satan in the church.

Everything I have said previously should suffice to deliver you of your Antichrist demons, but if not, then nothing else I say would.

You can come in another moniker but by your Antichrist and Pharisaic fruits we shall know you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 5:20am On Jul 13, 2019
Maestro21:
How can you possibly argue with me except you are as confused and bereft of common sense as I already suspected. What if I told you that I was in the venue what would you say? What if I also told you he has taught similar things even in 2002, what would you say? How will that help the rubbish you have above?
"Of course, the shoes has been pinching his feet since around and before 2007. Cracks were already showing in his rocky marriage. He couldnt and didnt know how to handle this badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman of a wife he had. He was at wits end, that is why he had to resort to misinterpreting the Bible, like, saying husband in the Bible means master, when what it means is man, like a woman having a man, as in a husband. That was lie #1."
- Religion / Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 8:34pm On Jul 12

Only the wearer of the shoe, Oyakhilome, knew where and how the shoe was pinching his toe. Hin do tay, wey yansh don be for fowl back

Maestro21:
Husband in the Bible means man? grin
"This is teaching gone totally and terribly bad because, husband, in the Bible, doesnt mean and never means master. The original Hebrew word that we get the English translation, husband from, is "ish". "Ish" means, man, as in, the woman, in the truest sense of the word, literally has herself a man. It doesnt as Oyakhilome erroneously puts it, means master. The equivalent Greek word "aner" that we get the English translation, husband from, also too, means, man"
- Religion / Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 5:02am

He who laughs last, laughs the hardest. Why dont you risk causing yourself further embarrassment by telling what husband means in the Bible please, hmm?

Maestro21:
Juxtapose your lie 2 claim with Petra1's post above. I want to see if contextualization is your issue or if you are just a dummy.
"... let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. If you want to live according to the Bible, according to the Scriptures, then understand what the word says. The reason God made woman was because of man. He made the woman because of the man. That's why He made the woman. So women was not His original idea

Listen this is reality. Okay alright, scripture let's talk about. Let's say what the Bible says, now listen, when God have made everything and then
He made Adam, the Bible says everything was very good, already, everything was very good. No problem, then he got Adam. Listen. Okay, now be quiet, let me tell you something, if most women had their father bold enough to talk to them they will be very successful in their marriage and will be very happy people. Most women have never been taught by their parents, their fathers particularly that's the biggest problem, they don't know who a man is, they think he's another woman. You see in a marriage you have the man who is the head of that Union and because he is the head of that union it is important to understand him. Now you think, he is the one that needs to understand his wife. That is where you're wrong. He will but until you know who you have married, the man that you came, it is like working for somebody and not knowing what he wants. It's like serving somebody and not knowing what he wants. When you say that you're marrying a man, you are coming under his authority. The Bible says the man is the head of the woman, so when you marry him, you're coming under his authority. You're not authority sharers, even though you are both heirs to the kingdom of God because there there is neither male nor female but we are functioning here, that's why you were given the body of a woman and he given the body of a male, so in that union in that relationship there is a head, so when you say you're marrying a man, you are subjecting yourself to his authority

Now when you decide not to subject yourself to that authority, you are a rebel. Can you see that and God's not going to accept what you're doing. He cant accept it because you're not functioning correctly. Why did God make the woman? Simple, when you start in Genesis He says this, study all the way from chapter 2 into chapter 3, you see the whole thing, now He says, He brought all the animals before Adam, to see what he would call them and name them and when he was done, the Bible tells us there was not found a suitable one for Adam, no suitable company or companion for Adam, then God said, it is now at this point I want us to read it. Some of you women when I'm through with this you'll be in a hurry to marry
"
- Oyakhilome teaching badly

You sure have become a maestro in bullshit, from the years of bullshit feeding you've received from Oyakhilome. Do you now see, how Oyakhilome moved on to then indirectly take a swipe at his wife's father. Codely saying the father didnt train the wife how to relate with a husband. Oyakhilome, was preaching about what he was dealing with at home. There is no two ways about it, mister maestro in bullshit.

Now, mister a glutton for embarrasing himself, tell why did God create male and female animals but according to Oyakhilome, woman was not part of God's original idea, hmm? That according to Oyakhilome, the woman is an afterthought, erhn?

You and Petra1, should stop trying to make fetch happen with 1 Corinthians 11:8-10. Paul did not use 1 Corinthians 11:8-10 to put forward an argument that the woman is an afterthought. Yes, it’s true that woman was created second, coming after man first was created. It is also true man was alone, as in, was without other people, until when the woman appeared on the scene, but it doesnt in any way mean the woman is an afterthought, like Oyakhilome put forward

Do you know what rubber ducking is? Well, I'll tell you for free. That is precisely what Oyakhilome, before and after the collapse of his marriage, was doing. That is the actual truth in this matter. It is an Oyakhilome soliloquy going on, revealing the struggle and battle he was dealing with at home and las las never won

Please dont ever again be thinking of whether anyone here on this thread is just a dummy or not. OK? I am counting on you to appreciate that an advice word to the wise is enough and an intelligent person, like yourself can readily take a hint. There is not enough darkness in all the world, to put out the light of even one small candle, the like myself.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Fourwinds: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2019
KristaPretty:
Useless man!!! That is why his wife left him. Rubbish bleaching man! angry angry angry
hope you no dey take krest
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by bereto(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2019
This is the problem people who are pained by something done by the opposite sex tend to find something to put them back on top. Woman was in God's original plan imagine he created all animals two and you think he didn't have the same plan for man? He waited for two reasons
1. That man comes to see the importance of a companion, as they say familiarity brings contempt if they came together Adam may not have noticed her usefulness
2. That man comes to realize that they are not different but the same

The problem is not about who is the head or not it's about separation of powers and this can be solved in different ways when the parties involved understand each other.

Without this understanding we get feminists and masculinists like Pastor Chris

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2019
bereto:
This is the problem people who are pained by something done by the opposite sex tend to find something to put them back on top. Woman was in God's original plan imagine he created all animals two and you think he didn't have the same plan for man? He waited for two reasons
1. That man comes to see the importance of a companion, as they say familiarity brings contempt if they came together Adam may not have noticed her usefulness
2. That man comes to realize that they are not different but the same

The problem is not about who is the head or not it's about separation of powers and this can be solved in different ways when the parties involved understand each other.

Without this understanding we get feminists and masculinists like Pastor Chris
Somebori please give this my brother an "oti sẹwọn" chilled cold bottle of orijin and a truckload of kolanuts.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Mosco100(m): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2019
what do mean?

My God Said a word in Genesis 2 :18
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Maestro21: 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Of course, the shoes has been pinching his feet since around and before 2007. Cracks were already showing in his rocky marriage. He couldnt and didnt know how to handle this badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman of a wife he had. He was at wits end, that is why he had to resort to misinterpreting the Bible, like, saying husband in the Bible means master, when what it means is man, like a woman having a man, as in a husband. That was lie #1."
- Religion / Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 8:34pm On Jul 12

Only the wearer of the shoe, Oyakhilome, knew where and how the shoe was pinching his toe. Hin do tay, wey yansh don be for fowl back

"This is teaching gone totally and terribly bad because, husband, in the Bible, doesnt mean and never means master. The original Hebrew word that we get the English translation, husband from, is "ish". "Ish" means, man, as in, the woman, in the truest sense of the word, literally has herself a man. It doesnt as Oyakhilome erroneously puts it, means master. The equivalent Greek word "aner" that we get the English translation, husband from, also too, means, man"

He who laughs last, laughs the hardest. Why dont you risk causing yourself further embarrassment by telling what husband means in the Bible please, hmm?

"... let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. If you want to live according to the Bible, according to the Scriptures, then understand what the word says. The reason God made woman was because of man. He made the woman because of the man. That's why He made the woman. So women was not His original idea

Listen this is reality. Okay alright, scripture let's talk about. Let's say what the Bible says, now listen, when God have made everything and then
He made Adam, the Bible says everything was very good, already, everything was very good. No problem, then he got Adam. Listen. Okay, now be quiet, let me tell you something, if most women had their father bold enough to talk to them they will be very successful in their marriage and will be very happy people. Most women have never been taught by their parents, their fathers particularly that's the biggest problem, they don't know who a man is, they think he's another woman. You see in a marriage you have the man who is the head of that Union and because he is the head of that union it is important to understand him. Now you think, he is the one that needs to understand his wife. That is where you're wrong. He will but until you know who you have married, the man that you came, it is like working for somebody and not knowing what he wants. It's like serving somebody and not knowing what he wants. When you say that you're marrying a man, you are coming under his authority. The Bible says the man is the head of the woman, so when you marry him, you're coming under his authority. You're not authority sharers, even though you are both heirs to the kingdom of God because there there is neither male nor female but we are functioning here, that's why you were given the body of a woman and he given the body of a male, so in that union in that relationship there is a head, so when you say you're marrying a man, you are subjecting yourself to his authority

Now when you decide not to subject yourself to that authority, you are a rebel. Can you see that and God's not going to accept what you're doing. He cant accept it because you're not functioning correctly. Why did God make the woman? Simple, when you start in Genesis He says this, study all the way from chapter 2 into chapter 3, you see the whole thing, now He says, He brought all the animals before Adam, to see what he would call them and name them and when he was done, the Bible tells us there was not found a suitable one for Adam, no suitable company or companion for Adam, then God said, it is now at this point I want us to read it. Some of you women when I'm through with this you'll be in a hurry to marry
"
- Oyakhilome teaching badly

You sure have become a maestro in bullshit, from the years of bullshit feeding you've received from Oyakhilome. Do you now see, how Oyakhilome moved on to then indirectly take a swipe at his wife's father. Codely saying the father didnt train the wife how to relate with a husband. Oyakhilome, was preaching about what he was dealing with at home. There is no two ways about it, mister maestro in bullshit.

Now, mister a glutton for embarrasing himself, tell why did God create male and female animals but according to Oyakhilome, woman was not part of God's original idea, hmm? That according to Oyakhilome, the woman is an afterthought, erhn?

You and Petra1, should stop trying to make fetch happen with 1 Corinthians 11:8-10. Paul did not use 1 Corinthians 11:8-10 to put forward an argument that the woman is an afterthought. Yes, it’s true that woman was created second, coming after man first was created. It is also true man was alone, as in, was without other people, until when the woman appeared on the scene, but it doesnt in any way mean the woman is an afterthought, like Oyakhilome put forward

Do you know what rubber ducking is? Well, I'll tell you for free. That is precisely what Oyakhilome, before and after the collapse of his marriage, was doing. That is the actual truth in this matter. It is an Oyakhilome soliloquy going on, revealing the struggle and battle he was dealing with at home and las las never won

Please dont ever again be thinking of whether anyone here on this thread is just a dummy or not. OK? I am counting on you to appreciate that an advice word to the wise is enough and an intelligent person, like yourself can readily take a hint. There is not enough darkness in all the world, to put out the light of even one small candle, the like myself.

You put up the most laughable arguments ever and how you aim to brandish yourself as someone who is researched even makes it more comical. In 2002, 10 years into his marriage he is throwing shade at his wife and her father. In 2007, 15 years into the marriage he is doing same. But it takes his wonderful wife, 7 years after this to realize the shade? Someone just tried to pass this off as an intelligent comment.

In the realm of common sense, we call what you are trying to do revisionist nonsense. You have proceeded to accuse him of throwing shade now because he is divorced, for a message he preached 7 and even 12 years prior. Imagine if he used a hypothetical example of sons who disobeyed their fathers. I guess you would have to wait for eternity to find who the shade was directed at since he has no biological male children to be shading. Because in your distorted sense of reasoning, every example a teacher uses, must be somewhat related to his own personal life. I don't think your type of intelligence is useful to the world or the church.

Which segues into another not too useful way you tried to cover up your "ish" and "aner" misapplication. Contextualization is your friend and not your enemy. In Genesis 3:16, when the Bible says "her desire will be for her ish" it could very well translate to her desire will be for her man, but since the context here was referring to the man being hers it was contextually proper to use husband. That same word ish was used in Genesis 2:23 but there we see it translated and transliterated into its original meaning "man".

There is another word that was used as husband as well. Baal. In Jeremiah 31:32 when God says he is husband to his people the word translated as husband there is from the Hebrew baal which means master. So in that context the same word, husband did not mean man. It meant master.

Interestingly, in Hosea 2:16, the Bible says call me ishi and not baali. This could have very well been translated as call me your husband and not your husband but it will make no sense. So contextually it was more meaningful to say call me your man and not your master. Call me your husband and not your owner. This undeniably proves that the word husband contextually means man, master, ruler, owner. But whilst ish could mean man or husband. Baal unshakeably meant husband or master.

So if Pastor Chris says the word husband means master he was right by the Bible.

Now, why did God create male and female animals? That is not the right question. The right question is, why did God create male and female animals at the same time? Because of procreation. But when it came to man, the Bible says he created the man alone. It is important because Genesis 2 gives a more descriptive trail of events than Genesis 1 that was a summary. In Genesis 1, we understand that God placed male in female into the man he created. Then in Genesis 2, we see where God seems to have an epiphany and says it is not good that the man he created is alone. So he takes out the female in him and creates him a woman to help him.

You may not like the construction of the term but it is clear as day that the woman does appear to be an afterthought unlike the animals which he created at the same time. Which is why Paul expressly states by the holy spirit, that the woman was made for the man and not man for the woman (in other words, I did not make man because I had a woman in mind. I made a woman because I already made a man who was alone). Again, what does that imply? That since she was made because of the man. The man was the original idea and she was the secondary idea. It is not that hard to reason. There is a reason why something is called SECONDary. It is because it comes AFTER the first.

This pretentious and deceitful advocacy for egalitarianism in marriage you are trying to portray is contrary to the scripture. Pastor Chris teaches about the equality of male and female in Christendom but stresses that the dynamic changes in marriage. Unlike the error you have in your transcription, He also says that he wonders why many women in Christianity are so eager to get married considering how submissive the Bible expects them to be. In another teaching, he taught on how women's role in the union was to "lead from behind". So he was not emphasizing a master-slave relationship but only pointing out that the woman's authority in a marriage was not equal to her husband's. She was to be under his authority. And Paul taught EXACTLY the same and even advised women, that to him, it was better for them not to marry especially if they wanted to be leaders in the church. As that will put them under their husband's authority which could pose untoward consequences if the man in question was not godly or spiritual.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by donnie(m): 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Why are u mentioning Donnie now grin grin grin

I encounter his kind from time to time... My presence on Nairaland keeps "peppering" them.
cool

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by donnie(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
Acjohn:
He is right, others may say otherwise but I believe very much that he is still trying to justify his divorce.

Do you know how many years ago that message was preached?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by donnie(m): 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
gwama:

Donnie knows the reason. grin grin grin grin

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Shepherd00: 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Born2Breed:
Women are not equal partners with the man in a marriage,I agree with that cos the man has 51% and the woman 49%.

What I totally disagree with is the man being the master,where there is a master then there is a slave.

Are women slaves? Unless if the man is the master and the woman is the co-master.
Well, I don't think the master used there means slave. Jesus says He is the head of the man and the man is the head of the woman.

I think it's about hierarchy and orderliness.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Shepherd00: 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You are absolutely right. His ex wife saw through his bullshits, absurdity, irrationality and heresies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8JUMbu1zDo

God, the Bible is never against badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous women, but badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous women scare most men, scares most men, who are weak or ignorant. God did not chastise Eve for being a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, but He told her off for openly disregarding His express command not to eat of the fruit.

Abigail, the wife of Nabal, she is another badass strong and opinionated woman. David sent word to Abigail, after hearing that Nabal was dead, asking her to become his wife, and so she became a wife of the future King David after Nabal's death. It was being a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, that was the attraction to David.

In spite of being a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, at 1 Samuel 25:41, look at how Abigail, in a token of humility, responded to David's proposal of marriage, she replied: "Behold, let thine handmaid be a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord." Abigail, the badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, brought herself down and small before David, as if she is an insignificant person, then saying to him, she wants to take care of David's servants and then referred to David, as her lord.

Many years before Abigail, used it, lord is the same adjective, Sarah, used for her husband Abraham too. Lord, is the same word we get landlord from, which means the owner of a house, apartment, condominium, land or real estate which is rented. Sarah and Abigail, were merely recognising that their husbands are their owners.

Man shouldn't fear a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, because just like in the game of chess, it's a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman queen that protects the king.

The president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome, at the video's 01:26 minute mark, made a mistake, in saying that the male partner in a marriage husband means master

"... do you know the meaning of husband. No, no I think some of you don't know. You think husband means the male, the male partner in a marriage. No, I think that's what you think. Some of you. You think husband means the male partner in a marriage. Husband does not mean the male partner in a marriage. Husband means master.

That's what it means, not the male partner in a marriage but you know, that's the reason there is a lot problems among Christians in their marriage.

I mean marriage, marriage in Christianity for most people is just a flop. Why? Because they don't agree with God's definitions. They have theirs, they say we are, they believe they're equal partners. A lot of times listen to two people that have just gotten married, a lot of times is the woman first speaks first

... let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. If you want to live according to the Bible, according to the Scriptures, then understand what the word says. The reason God made woman was because of man. He made the woman because of the man. That's why He made the woman. So women was not His original idea

He made Adam, the Bible says everything was very good, already, everything was very good. No problem, then he got Adam. Listen. Okay, now be quiet, let me tell you something, if most women had their father bold enough to talk to them they will be very
successful in their marriage and will be very happy people. Most women have never been taught by their parents, their fathers particularly that's the biggest problem, they don't know who a man is, they think he's another woman. You see in a marriage you have the man who is the head of that Union and because he is the head of that union it is important to understand him. Now you think, he is the one that needs to understand his wife. That is where you're wrong. He will but until you know who you have married, the man that you came, it is like working for somebody and not knowing what he wants. It's like serving somebody and not knowing what he wants. When you say that you're marrying a man, you are coming under his authority. The Bible says the man is the head of the woman, so when you marry him, you're coming under his authority. You're not authority sharers, even though you are both heirs to the kingdom of God because there there is neither male nor female but we are functioning here, that's why you were given the body of a woman and he given the body of a male, so in that union in that relationship there is a head, so when you say you're marrying a man, you are subjecting yourself to his authority

Are you in Genesis? Alright chapter 2, Genesis chapter 2, from verse 18 and the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone, say the word alone, alone. He didn't say it is not good that the man should be lonely. There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely he was not lonely, he was alone and when you say alone it means alone about something. Let's go on. What God said? It is not good that the man should be alone I will make him I will make him a partner. Come on talk to me. A partner? I will make him a supervisor?
No, the way some people are, I mean you see the man, the man's going and the woman is right behind you know like a supervisor. He didn't say I'll make him a supervisor. Look at your Bible again. I will make him a help. I'll make him a help. The Hebrew word is Asia, it means help, a help meet for him, help, help, a help, a help, a help qualified for him. A help, I will make him a help because he was alone. I will make him somebody to help him. I will make him somebody to help him. Why? Because God gave him a responsibility, he needed a help, not somebody to tell him what to do but a help. What's the matter with you.

If that is easily understood in every home, I don't think you have problems. I tell people you don't need a marriage seminar, you need a word seminar. If you just listen to the word of God, you wont have all this fighting. It pays to do what God says. Your strength is in being God's place where He puts you, that's your strength. Let me tell you, no husband wants another mother. Get it now, your husband doesn't want another mother. He's had one all his life. He doesn't want an older sister, he probably had one. Your secret, is in obedience, your secret, is in listening to your husband, your secret, is in doing those things that please him. When you don't do those things that please your husband, you take the role of a mother or you take the role of an older sister. What happens automatically is, he starts seeing you differently. The reaction he has for those that tried to tell him what to do, will be the reactions he'll have towards you, then you start saying I don't understand him, you will now become anyhow. You know the meaning of anyhow? First you would dress as you choose because he doesn't tell you what to do. You act as you choose because he doesn't tell you what to do you do, you do what you like because you are your own boss and you know what? A man, loves the one he serves and the one that serves him. He fights the one, that is at the level with him. You see it, so when you find your husband trying to tell you who's the owner, who is the owner of this car, you say ah ah, are we are, are we not together. You are supposed to be together but there's a problem when someone starts telling you I'm older than you. There's a reason, there's a reason because it's supposed to be obvious it means you're in rebellion and he's trying to re-emphasize some things for you. Don't create, don't make your life hard, listen to me, to be happy in your home and in your marriage is the easiest thing in the world. Just take your role, take your place, that place that God gave you is a beautiful place. Is a place of peace, is a place of love, is a place of excellence. When you come out of it, you find, it's not a husband you, you have. You call him a husband but it's not a husband. It's like what Jesus said, they call me Lord Lord but they don't do what I tell them to do. Actually every wise person listens to wise voices but he will listen to a wise voice that is presented wisely. Everyone rebels against the voice that tries to make a fool out of him so even when you tell I remember SG Elton an old man of God years ago, a Briton who came to live in Nigeria for many years before he died, he made a statement who in the meeting with him and he said the best way to destroy what you're trying to say is to try to teach your teachers, so you destroy what you're trying to say. For some of you the...
"
- Oyakhilome YouTube video excerpt

The president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome, as seen from the above YouTube video clip excerpts has been preaching this lopsided, unevenly balanced, biased and distorted in a way that is makes it inaccurate, unfair, misleading and indirectly talking about his wife and rocky marriage since 2014 and even after the uneventful breakdown of same marriage on April 9, 2014, when his now ex-wife filed for divorce at the Central Family Court in London.

Oyakhilome repeats giving this wrong information and teaches again, on Rhapsody Of Realities in 2016 and also in a sermon titled "Who is a HUSBAND and what is His Role?" in same 2016, that husband does not mean the male partner in a marriage, but husband means master.

This is teaching gone totally and terribly bad because, husband, in the Bible, doesnt mean and never means master. The original Hebrew word that we get the English translation, husband from, is "ish". "Ish" means, man, as in, the woman, in the truest sense of the word, literally has herself a man. It doesnt as Oyakhilome erroneously puts it, means master. The equivalent Greek word "aner" that we get the English translation, husband from, also too, means, man

It is by the grace of God, that men have the gift that enables them to fit in, be in harmony and click with a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent woman. I love badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent woman. It is one of the things, what attracts and attracted me to my missus and I thank God for letting me be one those guys who believes that you need a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman in my life

Contrary to another erroneous thing Oyakhilome says too, that women were an afterthought, that also is a right load of old codswallop. Men are from earth and women are from earth, so whats the big deal in that, hmm? The woman, as a matter of fact, is God's pièce de résistance. She is the best and most important creation, an exciting thing, that happened last in a series of creational things. Praise thy Lord! Hallelujah!!.

Man and woman, might have different roles to play and its true their roles might be different, but their rights are equal. Of course, the man is the head, but the woman is the neck too, and she as the neck, can turn the head whichever way she pleases. Man doesnt need to or have to demand submissiveness of his wife, because this has to come naturally by the woman's own volition and not by hook or by crook methods, like the ones preached by the president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome. If you let your head get too big, it'll break your neck and he who waits for the sword to fall upon his neck, will surely lose his head. Cover and protect your wives. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
You talk too much and plenty nonsense too. those women you.mentioned were they successful in their marriage yes. In their time, was they feminism? No. Their society was all Patriarchy meaning they submitted wholely to their husbands. Stop repeating terms like a broken record hoping by them you'd mKe sense.

You insult and castigate every Preacher but you get angry when someone states the obvious abt you here. Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Shepherd00: 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
freecocoa:
I hate religion ehn, tufiakwa!

How some women are able to tolerate all this kain rubbish talks weak me, I can't be caught listening to such nonsense, mschew!
You don't have to. That is why you'd ve to choose to go not or not.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by gwama: 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
donnie:

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
Ah, finally you do your job. grin >:

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 3:34am On Jul 14, 2019
Shepherd00:
You talk too much and plenty nonsense too. those women you.mentioned were they successful in their marriage yes. In their time, was they feminism? No. Their society was all Patriarchy meaning they submitted wholely to their husbands. Stop repeating terms like a broken record hoping by them you'd mKe sense.

You insult and castigate every Preacher but you get angry when someone states the obvious abt you here. Hypocrite.
You need drama like oxygen, so I'll keep schtum, it will take your breath away.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:28am On Jul 14, 2019
We all know the purpose of this preaching is to sugar coat a failed marriage. After his wife divorced him, he now has time to chase everything in skirts as he wishes. So shameless. your wife moved on, move on as well, stop confusing gullible believers.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by wirinet(m): 7:11am On Jul 14, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
We all know the purpose of this preaching is to sugar coat a failed marriage. After his wife divorced him, he now has time to chase everything in skirts as he wishes. So shameless. your wife moved on, move on as well, stop confusing gullible believers.
Don't mind him and his gullible followers, why didn't he tell the wife and her father, he intended to be head of their daughter before he married her. He should have preached this doctrine before he married, so that the intending wife will know what to expect inside the marriage.
So how does he now justify his divorce to his gullible followers? I thought as a man of God, he should have been led by the holy spirit to marry a woman that agrees for him to master her, and thought Christianity does not condone divorce.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Deepfeel(m): 7:52am On Jul 14, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Been willing to ask you this question the man that made a thread here about cultism talking about about spiritual stuff said lesbianism homosexualism feminism are all from the devil, do you believe feminists are of the devil? Cause I know you followed that thread and believed everything he wrote
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Yeah, I agree with you. Also, people have abused the word ''submit'' as it pertains to marriage. Submission is different from slavery. I kick against the latter!
wirinet:

Don't mind him and his gullible followers, why didn't he tell the wife and her father, he intended to be head of their daughter before he married her. He should have preached this doctrine before he married, so that the intending wife will know what to expect inside the marriage.
So how does he now justify his divorce to his gullible followers? I thought as a man of God, he should have been led by the holy spirit to marry a woman that agrees for him to master her, and thought Christianity does not condone divorce.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:18am On Jul 14, 2019
By now you should be aware that the word feminism has been misused and defined in different ways by people, People see every negative feminine trait as feminism. I don't know your own definition of feminism.
Deepfeel:

Been willing to ask you this question the man that made a thread here about cultism talking about about spiritual stuff said lesbianism homosexualism feminism are all from the devil, do you believe feminists are of the devil? Cause I know you followed that thread and believed everything he wrote

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Deepfeel(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
By now you should be aware that the word feminism has been misused and defined in different ways by people, People see every negative feminine trait as feminism. I don't know your own definition of feminism.
What's his own definition of feminism? Cause I believe in feminism myself
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2019
Maestro21:
You put up the most laughable arguments ever and how you aim to brandish yourself as someone who is researched even makes it more comical. In 2002, 10 years into his marriage he is throwing shade at his wife and her father. In 2007, 15 years into the marriage he is doing same. But it takes his wonderful wife, 7 years after this to realize the shade? Someone just tried to pass this off as an intelligent comment.
You are still bent on embarrassing yourself further by taking delight in being an ignoranus, hmm? I guess you're a glutton for embarrassment, erhn? Oyaks, is a pastor preaching to himself. Preaching sermons in codes, about himself and whats going down in his marital life. The shoe has being pinching his toes sotay, long time, before it got taken off

Maestro21:
In the realm of common sense, we call what you are trying to do revisionist nonsense. You have proceeded to accuse him of throwing shade now because he is divorced, for a message he preached 7 and even 12 years prior. Imagine if he used a hypothetical example of sons who disobeyed their fathers. I guess you would have to wait for eternity to find who the shade was directed at since he has no biological male children to be shading. Because in your distorted sense of reasoning, every example a teacher uses, must be somewhat related to his own personal life. I don't think your type of intelligence is useful to the world or the church.
All men are created equal, then a few become glorified firemen, like Maestro21 putting out fire for Oyakhilome

peteonline:
Re: Pastor Chris.
Pastor Chris, an influential speaker said that, the woman was not in God's original plan, she was an after thought after God found the man to be alone. This teaching is in error as there is NO limit to the foreknowledge of God. Isaiah 46:10 said that God declares the end from the beginning and nothing happens to God unawares. When God said everything He made is good was AFTER He created the woman and not before.

This is the truth:
God's original plan for Adam or man was to DOMINATE ALL THE EARTH Genesis 1:26. He knew right from His original plan and design that Adam would not be able to reproduce his kind alone without the help of a woman. Is He not the same God that created the other animals in pairs? The design of a man with a male sex organ clearly shows that the woman was in the original plan right from the beginning.

God only waited and created the woman at the right time because He is a God of order and not chaos. God made the man first and gave him the leadership role, so you see, Adam did not buy or earn this position, it's a gift from God. Because of this, Adam or man really do not have the right to lord himself over the woman or demand a master-servant relationship, because his position in the first place is only a privilege and not a right.

Submission from the woman should come naturally, it should be a result of the man's faithfulness and love for her, such a love that can be compared to the way Jesus loves his church. Anything other than this can create chaos, rebellion and separation.
Maestro21, have you finished reading the voice of reason from peteonline above, hmm?

positivelord:
Pastor you have a point there...but I take exception to you indirectly throwing the blame for your own fail marriage on innocent parents of your EX (Anita)
positivelord, you know I tried but the truth is a bitter pill for some people like Maestro21 to swallow. Maestro21, peele, ndo. Or is it too late now to say sorry?

Maestro21:
Which segues into another not too useful way you tried to cover up your "ish" and "aner" misapplication. Contextualization is your friend and not your enemy. In Genesis 3:16, when the Bible says "her desire will be for her ish" it could very well translate to her desire will be for her man, but since the context here was referring to the man being hers it was contextually proper to use husband. That same word ish was used in Genesis 2:23 but there we see it translated and transliterated into its original meaning "man".
You really are serious about this going about desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel business sha

Maestro21:
There is another word that was used as husband as well. Baal. In Jeremiah 31:32 when God says he is husband to his people the word translated as husband there is from the Hebrew baal which means master. So in that context the same word, husband did not mean man. It meant master.

Interestingly, in Hosea 2:16, the Bible says call me ishi and not baali. This could have very well been translated as call me your husband and not your husband but it will make no sense. So contextually it was more meaningful to say call me your man and not your master. Call me your husband and not your owner. This undeniably proves that the word husband contextually means man, master, ruler, owner. But whilst ish could mean man or husband. Baal unshakeably meant husband or master.
"In that day,” declares the LORD, “you will call Me ‘my husband,’ (i.e. Ishi) and no longer call Me ‘my Master’ (i.e. Baali)."
- Hosea 2:16

"And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali."
- Hosea 2:16 KJV

Hosea 2:16, clearly makes a distinction between husband and master, where incidentally master, means lord as in owner, just as I earlier pointed out about Sarah and Abigail.

Abigail, a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, at 1 Samuel 25:41, in a token of humility, responded to David's proposal of marriage, and replied back saying: "Behold, let thine handmaid be a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord." Abigail, the badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, without compulsion, without psychological preaching tactics games or gimmick, brought herself down and small before David, as if she is an insignificant person, then saying to him, she wants to take care of David's servants and then referred David, as her lord.

Many years before Abigail, used it, lord is the same adjective, Sarah, used for her husband Abraham too. Lord, is the same word we get landlord from, which means the owner of a house, apartment, condominium, land or real estate which is rented. Sarah and Abigail, were merely recognising that their husbands are their owners, just as they are equally, the owners of their husbands.

Maestro21:
So if Pastor Chris says the word husband means master he was right by the Bible.
If he truly was right, why does Hosea 2:16, clearly make a distinction between husband and master, hmm?

Maestro21:
Now, why did God create male and female animals? That is not the right question. The right question is, why did God create male and female animals at the same time? Because of procreation. But when it came to man, the Bible says he created the man alone. It is important because Genesis 2 gives a more descriptive trail of events than Genesis 1 that was a summary. In Genesis 1, we understand that God placed male in female into the man he created. Then in Genesis 2, we see where God seems to have an epiphany and says it is not good that the man he created is alone. So he takes out the female in him and creates him a woman to help him.
Blind loyalty, is such an interesting term and you dont cease to amaze me with your blind loyalty to Oyaks to the extent of defending his false teachings and heresies.

You say that an Omniscient God, an all knowing God, a God knowing everything, had an epiphany, hmm Maestro21? Chai! You no go keel pesin with profane talk with matter wey boku for ground already, come join am put with this your blasphemy. Maestro21, please brush up on Isaiah 46:10a, to get rid of your tooth truth decay

Please tell Maestro21, when God created Adam with a peniis, was Adam meant to fairk himself to procreate ni, hmm? I think you must be a sheeple. SMH. I just wish you use those little grey matter of yours better and properly because this thing about you, just dey tire me.

Maestro21:
You may not like the construction of the term but it is clear as day that the woman does appear to be an afterthought unlike the animals which he created at the same time. Which is why Paul expressly states by the holy spirit, that the woman was made for the man and not man for the woman (in other words, I did not make man because I had a woman in mind. I made a woman because I already made a man who was alone). Again, what does that imply? That since she was made because of the man. The man was the original idea and she was the secondary idea. It is not that hard to reason. There is a reason why something is called SECONDary. It is because it comes AFTER the first.
You are still bent on repeating this garbage that women were an afterthought, after being told it is a right load of old codswallop, hmm?

Maestro21:
This pretentious and deceitful advocacy for egalitarianism in marriage you are trying to portray is contrary to the scripture. Pastor Chris teaches about the equality of male and female in Christendom but stresses that the dynamic changes in marriage. Unlike the error you have in your transcription, He also says that he wonders why many women in Christianity are so eager to get married considering how submissive the Bible expects them to be. In another teaching, he taught on how women's role in the union was to "lead from behind". So he was not emphasizing a master-slave relationship but only pointing out that the woman's authority in a marriage was not equal to her husband's. She was to be under his authority.
Oyakhilome is advocating elitism. Suck it up

In his teaching Oyaks is looking for a yes-woman, a weak person wife, who always will agree with the president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome, the superior at work and master at home.

Listen Maestro21, man and woman, might have different roles to play and its true their roles might be different, but their rights are equal.

Of course, the man is the head, no one is disputing that, but the woman is the neck too, and she, as the neck, can turn the head whichever way she pleases. Maestro21, man doesnt need to or have to demand submissiveness of his wife, because this has to come naturally by the woman's own volition and not by hook or by crook methods, like the ones preached by the president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome.

Maestro21, if you let your head get too big, it'll break your neck and he who waits for the sword to fall upon his neck, will surely lose his head. This is why its advised to cover and protect our wives. Husbands, are to love their wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.

Unlike Oyaks and probably you too Maestro21 included, everyone knows that when a husband puts his foot down on the neck, he develops a stiff neck, that will likely drive him insane. When a husband breaks the neck, he eats no more. Husbands should try neck kisses, as nobody is immune to the neck kiss, but oohh no, Oyaks is too spiritual for that

Maestro21:
And Paul taught EXACTLY the same and even advised women, that to him, it was better for them not to marry especially if they wanted to be leaders in the church. As that will put them under their husband's authority which could pose untoward consequences if the man in question was not godly or spiritual.
What is the bible chapter and verse reference to this improbable concoction you've made up please? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Shepherd00: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You need drama like oxygen, so I'll keep schtum, it will take your breath away.
You jump in and insult preachers yet call and report to mods for people to be banned for calling you a Child, which you actually act like.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by MuttleyLaff: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
Shepherd00:
You jump in and insult preachers yet call and report mods for people to be banned for calling you a Child, which you actually act like.
May God have mercy on your soul and forgive you for this particular wicked lie and the others you repeatedly keep tell on the MuttleyLaff moniker ID. You're time stealer, time waster, time killer and on top a troll, and I havent the oxygen to spare you on.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Shepherd00: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
May God have mercy on your soul and forgive you for this particular wicked lie and the others you repeatedly keep tell on the MuttleyLaff moniker ID. You're time stealer, time waster, time killer and on top a troll, and I havent the oxygen to spare you on.
What did I say that's not true?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Godssword1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ohhh eyahhh. Also check out this video
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
The right definition of feminism is in the dictionary. That man of God did not discuss it at length.
Deepfeel:

What's his own definition of feminism? Cause I believe in feminism myself
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Deepfeel(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
The right definition of feminism is in the dictionary. That man of God did not discuss it at length.
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning / Cat Found In Bonnet Of Car Killed In Lagos, Accused Of Being A 'Witch' (Pictures / Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.