Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list (27962 Views)

Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty / Fani-kayode Reacts To Tinubu’s New Ministerial Nominees / Names Of The New Ministerial Nominees Tinubu Sent To The Senate For Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by MrTrend(m): 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
Will it solve any problem for the poor?
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
Laughing in Latin !
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
Greystone:
shocked
I can understand Fashola returning
But Dalong?? Ngige? Why?
is it because he is your tribeman? what exactly has fashola done to warrant his return?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
Fhemmmy:

What was Fashola's achievement for the last 4 years?
his achievement is that he is Yoruba Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by jbkomo(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
I am a follower of Buhari. In all previous elections, I do fly in only cos I want to vote for Buhari. But goin by this new report, all hope in d man is lost now. You can not put loyalty over competency. How on earth will any one tink of retaining someone like daloung and even most of d cabinet members. All I see is the way it’s been, things might never change

1 Like

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
ajebuter:
If so, he should just have announced them a day after his inauguration..

Why wait this long?

Iranu

Iranu abi ranu.

Awon eleribu to dibo fun Ogbeni odaran yi kiyio lo lai jiya.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by yemmight(m): 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
ANother static 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by NkayStory(f): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
babzo:
Unbelievable .
To continue to do the same thing and expecting a different result has been defined as madness.
What exactly is going on in Nigeria?
Where are the elders?

Who says they are looking for a different result?..only poverty-stricken commoners are looking for a different result...not these clueless,incompetent APC charlatans.
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by mkoabiola: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
So ppu are stil expecting something new from ds mediocres..

I laugh in isoko

1 Like

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by oruma19: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
He should not reduce it to 70% na, he should retain all who still want to work with him. After all they did everything possible to bring him back to power by hook or crook. Let those who worked chop abeg. Even if another person takes over gvt, he won't do beta, so let them just stay there and impoverish Nigerians completely, those who will survive will survive.
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
cool..... Na dem Politicians THING .....

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by wakes: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
wow
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by lloyds(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
Fhemmmy:

What was Fashola's achievement for the last 4 years?

Anyone they put in power ministry will find it difficult achievimg. . Bola Ige was there. . Too many red tapes and lions to deal with there. .

Fashola remains a machine, they just need to May be reduce the loads on him alone.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by somehow: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
See so called civilized people arguing rumors lol
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Blackfire(m): 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
Greystone:
shocked
But Dalong?? Ngige? Why?

Fashola should not even return.... Minister of darkness....
Ngige is superb , dalong is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Payment67: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
Today winning ticket
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Lugianostar(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hmmmmm!!! Am not surprise at this clueless govenment that never had a blueprint in the first instance to help stir our country forward.

They can even bring Gregory akabugwu to be their steward guard in Aso rock i won't be surprise either.

If the head stops functioning, flies will peach on it.

Congratulations to another set of clueless fellows...!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by wizelink(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
next level of blame game unfolding but this time the blame would be that pdp court case against apc is responsible for apc's failure.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Bizibi(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
Smh,the same old vomit.....he is free to do anything he likes,this is his last tenure.
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Bizibi(m): 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
jbkomo:
I am a follower of Buhari. In all previous elections, I do fly in only cos I want to vote for Buhari. But goin by this new report, all hope in d man is lost now. You can not put loyalty over competency. How on earth will any one tink of retaining someone like daloung and even most of d cabinet members. All I see is the way it’s been, things might never change
even if he retains them and fail again and says he will go for a third,you will still vote for him.na so all of una be.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by shineeye1: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
References:
President Muhammadu Buhari is set to retain at least 70 per cent of his first-tenure cabinet members in this second term of his presidency.

A reliable source at the presidency told DAILY POST that the President is retaining most of cabinet members based on trust.

The top government source said that it was in the nature of Buhari to trust his allies despite the public outcry for him to change some of his previous appointees.

According to the source, a list which was submitted yesterday, contains the names of mostly the now ex-ministers.

The President is bound by the constitution to appoint a minister from each of the 36 states of the federation.

According to the source, “Nigerians should expect to see most of the old faces. There are no two ways about it.

“President Buhari is retaining at least 70 percent of his cabinet members. He works on trust. These are people who served with him in the last tenure and have not been found guilty of any offence.

“Most of his Ministers and aides are returning and most of them will still continue from where they stopped. The President does not believe in changing people just for the sake of doing so.

“You should have known this with the re-appointment of the Chief of Staff and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”

Another government source, who spoke to DAILY POST on the condition of anonymity, was already frowning at the President’s decision to return some ministers, who according to the source, did not meet the expectations of Nigerians during his (Buhari) first term.

The source, who spoke in anger, wondered why the ex-Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Tunde Fashola; ex-Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalong; ex-Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige; FCT Minister, Mohammed Bello; among others, are coming back to serve in the second term of President Buhari.

The source, who also confirmed the names of the appointees in Buhari’s second term list, said, “To tell you the truth, these men did not do anything that should warrant them coming back.

“Yes, the President has submitted a list to the National Assembly containing some of Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige and others, in fact 80 per cent of his previous cabinet members even the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello, who obviously didn’t bring any change in Abuja in the last four years are there.

“Talking about Fashola, is it not obvious to Nigerians that this man did not bring any visible transformation, or anything new to the country?

“Has the power sector witnessed any change as promised by this administration? How about the housing? I’m telling you that Fashola did absolutely nothing to warrant his return.

“Some of us were thinking that President Buhari will reward good works and dedication in his second term appointments but right now we are disappointed even with the inclusion on Ngige who had serious issues with Labour towards the end of the first tenure.

“The President’s decision means that Nigerians should expect little or nothing from his administration in the next four years because the people he has appointed have nothing to offer and this is a slap on the face of Nigerians who gave him a second chance.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/11/buhari-set-retain-70-percent-ex-cabinet-members-second-term-ministerial-list/

Any APC apologist feeling dissatisfied by this development should have his brain examined! They were the ones who called back Buhari inspite of his dismal first term performance. Why shouldn't Buhari also call back his lackluster first term team?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Greystone: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mk12:

is it because he is your tribeman? what exactly has fashola done to warrant his return?

I’m not even from the south talkless of being yoruba. The only thing I have in common with fashola is we are both Nigerians.
Don’t jump to conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by ojtech8291: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
This is the glib type of Government. Anyway, I want Fashola back but as a minister of Works only.
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Enemyofpeace: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
So where is the so called next level? This one is next failure jare, another 4 years set to be wasted again with serious looting
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by bakynes(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Blackfire:

Fashola should not even return.... Minister of darkness....
Ngige is superb , dalong is wonderful.
You obviously dont know Fashola, that man is an achiever. Nigeria's Federal system is flawed. The budget for his 3 ministeries is too small to achieve much besides most of the budget dont have up to 40% implementation before the year runs out. You dont know the money is released in bits.

1 Like

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by shineeye1: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
jbkomo:

Any APC apologist, like this one, feeling dissatisfied by this development should have his brain examined! They were the ones who called back Buhari inspite of his dismal first term performance. Why shouldn't Buhari also call back his lackluster first term team?
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by lexy2014: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
jbkomo:

Welcome to reality. We have been waiting 4u. His first 4years was enough 4u to be awakened but alas u also put loyalty over competence

6 Likes

Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by genesishouse: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
References:
President Muhammadu Buhari is set to retain at least 70 per cent of his first-tenure cabinet members in this second term of his presidency.

A reliable source at the presidency told DAILY POST that the President is retaining most of cabinet members based on trust.

The top government source said that it was in the nature of Buhari to trust his allies despite the public outcry for him to change some of his previous appointees.

According to the source, a list which was submitted yesterday, contains the names of mostly the now ex-ministers.

The President is bound by the constitution to appoint a minister from each of the 36 states of the federation.

According to the source, “Nigerians should expect to see most of the old faces. There are no two ways about it.

“President Buhari is retaining at least 70 percent of his cabinet members. He works on trust. These are people who served with him in the last tenure and have not been found guilty of any offence.

“Most of his Ministers and aides are returning and most of them will still continue from where they stopped. The President does not believe in changing people just for the sake of doing so.

“You should have known this with the re-appointment of the Chief of Staff and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”

Another government source, who spoke to DAILY POST on the condition of anonymity, was already frowning at the President’s decision to return some ministers, who according to the source, did not meet the expectations of Nigerians during his (Buhari) first term.

The source, who spoke in anger, wondered why the ex-Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Tunde Fashola; ex-Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalong; ex-Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige; FCT Minister, Mohammed Bello; among others, are coming back to serve in the second term of President Buhari.

The source, who also confirmed the names of the appointees in Buhari’s second term list, said, “To tell you the truth, these men did not do anything that should warrant them coming back.

“Yes, the President has submitted a list to the National Assembly containing some of Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige and others, in fact 80 per cent of his previous cabinet members even the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello, who obviously didn’t bring any change in Abuja in the last four years are there.

“Talking about Fashola, is it not obvious to Nigerians that this man did not bring any visible transformation, or anything new to the country?

“Has the power sector witnessed any change as promised by this administration? How about the housing? I’m telling you that Fashola did absolutely nothing to warrant his return.

“Some of us were thinking that President Buhari will reward good works and dedication in his second term appointments but right now we are disappointed even with the inclusion on Ngige who had serious issues with Labour towards the end of the first tenure.

“The President’s decision means that Nigerians should expect little or nothing from his administration in the next four years because the people he has appointed have nothing to offer and this is a slap on the face of Nigerians who gave him a second chance.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/11/buhari-set-retain-70-percent-ex-cabinet-members-second-term-ministerial-list/

Are you among the people who gave him this second chance?
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by genesishouse: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
If we are having 70% of the dead woods returned as ministers. Let me better relocate to Ghana.
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by mrvitalis(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Greystone:
shocked
But Dalong?? Ngige? Why?
What did fashola do the two people u meantioned worked better even as poor as they were
Re: Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
Greystone:

I’m not even from the south talkless of being yoruba. The only thing I have in common with fashola is we are both Nigerians.
Don’t jump to conclusions.
or maybe it is because he is a Muslim then or what has fashola done that was not done by ngige and Solomon dalong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / I Will Resign On Monday - Rotimi Amaechi / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.