Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam (49038 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK / What Is Cryptic Pregnancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2019
ivolt:

Actually, it is about miracles or more specifically, testimonies.
That is why the scammers call it "cryptic" because whatever we can't explain
in this part of the world, we term it a miracle.
If they went for IVF, the doctor will explain how the process works which will
spoil the mystery but with cryptic, everything is hidden and the women will be
proud to announce their miraculous birth after 10, 20 or 30 years.

Some of these are not victims but willing participants in the scam, with a higher price,
some dealers are said to allow the buyer to inspect and select the pregnant girl she will buy from.
so if I get your point, it is the women's fault?
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by BTCog: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2019
I know of a similar story with one of my colleagues. The woman kept insisting that she was pregnant. All scan results were negative but by the end of nine months they gave her a baby after spending over a million naira. When you hear of baby factories what do you think they are for. The so called doctor will tell you when you're going deliver according to the calendar of the sorrogate mom. In fact when this particular had a misunderstanding they had to go for DNA test because the woman kept insisting that she delivered the baby but the test proved that neither the man nor the woman was the parent of the child who was already 6 yrs. Let me not say more but sometimes, I doubt the things I hear but unfortunately many of these stories are true

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2019
delishpot:

Your point exactly? So I can Google, proof read and subject my posts.

That women above 30yrs of age who give birth are most likely to do it via scam like the one in the thread.

An educated and learned person would know that due to a lot of factors women above 30 give birth without the need to resort to scams like this.

Even above 40 too.

Sorry if I came across rude with my first post but you make it sound like it's a death sentence or very unlikely to give birth even via natural means after 30yrs.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Sterope(f): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2019
After how may tries and at what financial and emotional cost?

With this lie, most of these desperate women get to pay little in return for someone else's baby.

Duggedised12:
who said it is? But its is more realistic, some people got their children after several tries, some ended up having natural conception after several failed ivf attempts but You can't compare it to this fraudulent procedure that puts the woman's life at risk. Imagine having to have a cs performed on a woman just to play the part. That is just mean, let's not even talk about the women who are held in baby factories where they are taking theses babies from.

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2019
Sterope:
After how may tries and at what financial and emotional cost?

With this lie, most of these desperate women get to pay little in return for someone else's baby.

if you want another person's baby ,why expose your self to a high risk of getting cancer and unnecessary pain of CS, you make it sound as if this women know they were being played?

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by damose12(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2019
Common sense is not common any longer! How can someone brainwash a barrister just like this and she believes it? I know desperation can lead to such but we should be matured enough to question and analyse some situations before going for it. May God help desperate people around to use their head when confronted by these scammers.
This particular case should be forwarded to the Nigerian police for further investigation and possible prosecution to avoid further occurrences.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by ivolt: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2019
Duggedised12:
so if I get your point, it is the women's fault?
Of course, it is totally the women's fault.
The only exception I can make is if the woman is illiterate.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Sterope(f): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2019
I believe some of them have their suspicions but they would rather not think too deeply about it. While some may just be gullible.

Either way CS and the cost of it all still beats IVF. That is the sad truth.

Duggedised12:
if you want another person's baby ,why expose your self to a high risk of getting cancer and unnecessary pain of CS, you make it sound as if this women know they were being played?
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2019
ivolt:

Of course, it is totally the women's fault.
The only exception I can make is if the woman is illiterate.
k
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Nathphil(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2019
Wow, many stories to tell my kids. If at all they will be my biological kids. Naija I hail oo!!

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2019
Sterope:
I believe some of them have their suspicions but they would rather not think too deeply about it. While some may just be gullible.

Either way CS and the cost of it all still beats IVF. That is the sad truth.

of course they have their suspicions ,but when you have been desperate for a child for a long time, double checking will be the last thing you want to do. Some will not even want to confide in any close friend or relative.

No it doesn't beat ivf, having your own baby that carries your DNA can never be better than stealing a baby ,even if its just a few thousands cheaper. Some fertility clinics even do promos of 500k ivf procedure. So don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by frozen70(f): 11:51am On Jul 12, 2019
It's a pity in this naija that once a woman can't put to bed, the fault will be on her, even when the husband knows that he has fertility problem but kept it away from her

Because he doesn't want to go for test with his wife, he believes as a man he is OK, that the fault is from the woman

She will be running from pillar to post, just to get pregnant

The smart ones among them will go out and get pregnant and still behave that all is well with the both of them

The brave ones will go for adoption

And the weak ones will keep crying taking all kinds of drugs and going into depression just to be a mother

Why can't both man and woman go for test and treatment at the same time instead of subjecting the woman to test alone

In that case, not all fathers birthed their children ❓

4 Likes

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by KenModi(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
peteruuu:
Different stuffs happening... All pointing us to the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Make me worthy oh Lord.

Keep waiting ennn! Jesus is coming! grin
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Sterope(f): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
I am not getting anything twisted. I am considering a desperate woman point of view

1) Cryptic pregnancy is cheaper and certain. IVF is never certain and it can be very expensive. Some are lucky, some aren't, some will never be lucky

2) Some of those who have their suspicions can convince themselves until it becomes the truth. They are certain if getting a baby at the end of it all. IVF requires a lot of faith and hope. The emotional cost of anxiety and depression may not be worth it

3) People overestimate the whole mini-me idea and all other blood related arguments. It is pure sentiment. It is an unpopular opinion but it doesn't make it less true. A child is always going to be a child so far you have dedicated so much to that child.

Once desperation to be called mummy and daddy sets in, biko forget the argument about having a child with your DNA. It beats going through that loop of disappointment for the unlucky and hopeless ones and the financial cost of going through it all.

My point of view is about the women out there who are desperate to have a child. It is not about myself or you.

Duggedised12:
of course they have their suspicions ,but when you have been desperate for a child for a long time, double checking will be the last thing you want to do. Some will not even want it confide in any close friend or relative.

No it doesn't beat ivf, having your own baby that carries your DNA can never be better than stealing a baby ,even if its just a few thousands cheaper. Some fertility clinics even do promos of 500k ivf procedure. So don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Reelmii: 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2019
this is ...... i am short of words
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by UcheforGod(f): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

That women above 30yrs of age who give birth are most likely to do it via scam like the one in the thread.

An educated and learned person would know that due to a lot of factors women above 30 give birth without the need to resort to scams like this.

Even above 40 too.

Sorry if I came across rude with my first post but you make it sound like it's a death sentence or very unlikely to give birth even via natural means after 30yrs.
You actually did not understand what she said. Read her comment again. She said women who have stayed in marriage for like thirty years without giving birth not those who married at the age of thirthy or above that.

2 Likes

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by nurex01(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
Advice to the women; tell your husband about your health. don't hide anything for him. Always carry the trusted women you know too along
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by TemmyWon(f): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
Adakintroy2:
For me the "psych" behind this has nothing to do with desperation to get pregnant as the doctor has observe. Rather it's more or less desperation to keep shape and body intact not loosing figure to pregnancy.

if it's like that, they will prefer to use that money for postpartum surgery rather than use it to fertilize
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sterope:
I am not getting anything twisted. I am considering a desperate woman point of view

1) Cryptic pregnancy is cheaper and certain. IVF is never certain and it can be very expensive. Some are lucky, some aren't, some will never be lucky

2) Some of those who have their suspicions can convince themselves until it becomes the truth. They are certain if getting a baby at the end of it all. IVF requires a lot of faith and hope. The emotional cost of anxiety and depression may not be worth it

3) People overestimate the whole mini-me idea and all other blood related arguments. It is pure sentiment. It is an unpopular opinion but it doesn't make it less true. A child is always going to be a child so far you have dedicated so much to that child.

Once desperation to be called mummy and daddy sets in, biko forget the argument about having a child with your DNA. It beats going through that loop of disappointment for the unlucky and hopeless ones and the financial cost of going through it all.

My point of view is about the women out there who are desperate to have a child. It is not about myself or you.

while you have argued for how cheaper and convinient it is for desperate women ,have you stopped to ask youself where the babies are coming from ?
Baby factory is a crime,it is one thing to not know that this is a scam but it is another thing to know and willing agree to be illegally given another person's baby.

There has been instances of babies being stolen from hospitals, young girls being help captive, impregnated and their babies taken from them, there was even a horrible case of a pregnant woman, torn open,left to die and her baby taken,and all you want to do is talk of how it is more convenient to go through a fradulent process?

2 Likes

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by bowerazzi(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
Just negudo ! Doctor are you telling me you're just knowing this? This pattern has been since the time of abacha .
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Sterope(f): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
I know where the babies are coming from and I am aware of all the related consequences. I haven't argued whether it was conscionable or moral. For a woman who is desperate and could not care less, the cryptic option will definitely be the better option.

Duggedised12:
while you have argued for how cheaper and convinient it is for desperate women ,have you stopped to ask youself where the babies are coming from ?
Baby factory is a crime,it is one thing to not know that this is a scam but it is another thing to know and willing agree to be illegally given another person's baby.

There has been instances of babies being stolen from hospitals, young girls being help captive, impregnated and their babies taken from them, there was even a horrible case of a pregnant woman, torn open,left to die and her baby taken,and all you want to do is talk of how it is more convenient to go through a fradulent process?

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by cococandy(f): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2019
undecided
Adakintroy2:
For me the "psych" behind this has nothing to do with desperation to get pregnant as the doctor has observe. Rather it's more or less desperation to keep shape and body intact not loosing figure to pregnancy.

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sterope:
I know where the babies are coming from and I am aware of all the related consequences. I haven't argued whether it was conscionable or moral. For a woman who is desperate and could not care less, the cryptic option will definitely be the better option.

then all the women who participate in it should be be arrested ,they are not diffent from the criminals holding young girls in baby factories. They are the ones encouraging the market for baby factory operators.

And men should start doing DNA test, if the child is not yours send her out.This is the only way since these women have convinced themselves that stealing babies for a price is the only way because they want to cut cost ,ignorance is not an excuse of the law,these women are criminals too as you have made me realize.

2 Likes

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by cococandy(f): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2019
I read about this before. Very horrible. We humans in Nigeria are on a different level of shady.

2 Likes

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Sterope(f): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
Of course, they are criminals. It is exactly the reason I couldn't fathom why the Doctor didn't send for the NMA or the Nigerian police when a patient walednin and claimed to be carrying cryptic pregnancy

Duggedised12:
then all the women who participate in it should be be arrested ,they are not diffent from the criminals holding young girls in baby factories. They are the ones encouraging the market for baby factory operators.

And men should start doing DNA test, if the child is not yours send her out.This is the only way since these women have convinced themselves that stealing babies for a price is the only way because they want to cut cost ,ignorance is not an excuse of the law,these women are criminals too as you have made me realize.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by cococandy(f): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
Some men know they are impotent. They would rather pretend like they don’t know the kids isn’t theirs than expose the possibility that the child is stolen or gotten from another man.

As much so called barren women are ridiculed in Nigeria, it’s even a death sentence to a man for the world to hear that he’s impotent. He would rather play ostrich and act like he doesn’t know. A typical naija man who believes he is able to father children will not be likely to stay without trying other women. They already tried and
they know they can’t. That’s why they are complicit with their silence and providing funds for it in some cases.

Duggedised12:

3 Likes

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sterope:
Of course, they are criminals. It is exactly the reason I couldn't fathom why the Doctor didn't send for the NMA or the Nigerian police when a patient walednin and claimed to be carrying cryptic pregnancy

this has become so complicated that the police has to look into it cos I see no reason why they just dont adopt. This is just annoying, how can you be a victim and perpetrator at the same time, this women are the one fueling this baby factory menace, at this point they are all accomplices in the crime not just victim of a scam anymore.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by lucind(f): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
hmm, I know a friend who once told me that his wife was cryptic pregnant, some months later he told me the wife has delivered, me still surprise until I read this post, thank God I now know it's fake. one of my friends is currently carrying this cryptic pregnancy, do I tell her that she is being scammed or not? honestly this is serious o!

1 Like

Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Duggedised12(f): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
cococandy:
Some men know they are impotent. They would rather pretend like they don’t know the kids isn’t theirs than expose the possibility that the child is stolen or gotten from another man.

As much so called barren women are ridiculed in Nigeria, it’s even a death sentence to a man for the world to hear that he’s impotent. He would rather play ostrich and act like he doesn’t know. A typical naija man who believes he is able to father children will not be likely to stay without trying other women. They already tried and
they know they can’t. That’s why they are complicit with their silence and providing funds for it in some cases.

then why not adopt?

I feel the mind set of the average Nigerian to cut corners and break the law while doing it is responsible for all this.
I hope you also know that Ivf is not a straight ,you must bring your own egg and sperm case ,some cases are done with sperm donors and egg donors even surrogacy is becoming a thing now, but Nigerians just want to cut corners.

It is the criminal minds of Nigerians nothing else.I am sure other African countries have the same issues about barrenness,infact even Hannah was mocked in the bible, so that is to tell you,it didn't just start With Nigeria, but we always find a criminal way out of our problems because we are criminal minded.

That is why this is complicated because the so called victims are perpertrators of the crime themselves.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by naturefellow(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
noblealuu:
What a country... New scams emerging every day

It really baffles me that so-called enlightened folks are easy prey in the hands of scammers cool shocked
this scam has been on since. No be today! Remember those baby factory raids often on the news. Those are the suppliers of the babies given to the women. In some parts, the scam is also called hormone baby °

Desperacy from societal pressure has misled many married women into this mess!
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by Coolgent(m): 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
Nobody is immune to scam. But there are two tips to help you avoid scam:

1- don't ever be desperate to get anything. Desperate people are the target market of scammers. Once you're desperate you'll lose all your rationale and reasoning. It won't matter if you're a professor or Nobel laureate.

2- If it looks too good to be true then it probably is. Exceptionally good offers are usually scams. For example there's this guy that sends Whatsapp broadcast of 400naira for 1gig MTN. This is too good to be true true so it's a red flag.

You are right.
Desparation kills!
Even during those days when Gal notice u are desparate to...
She will begin snopping u like something that a cat dragged.
Re: Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam by naturefellow(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
lucind:
hmm, I know a friend who once told me that his wife was cryptic pregnant, some months later he told me the wife has delivered, me still surprise until I read this post, thank God I now know it's fake. one of my friends is currently carrying this cryptic pregnancy, do I tell her that she is being scammed or not? honestly this is serious o!
most of them are actually hypnotised during the period, creating the illusion that they are carrying their own babies. A potion for this is part of the so called medication they receive on a regular basis. Most women are made to commit to secrecy, and thus hide this from their husbands. Who knows if the clinic asks them to add stuff to foods so as to hypnotise the husbands too? It's a really messed stuff!

She may see you as an enemy of progress but... Pls, try wake her up from her daydream!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. / Son Strikes A Pose With His Mad Father. Would You Do The Same?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.