Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (614188 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2019
hotboss:

Yes. I meet the requirements. But I didn't choose the ones that uses uni-assist. Bcz I don't know how it's been done
If you're going for summer, my advice is that you don't limit yourself. Courses are very limited for summer. I'm also going for engineering courses and the ones I found that are offered for summer, most use Uniassist and require English Test (IELTS/TOEFL). So check all the requirements for the schools and their application timelines.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2019
Psomadina:
Yes I have

Steps for what?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by HighPriest0(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
Tommynaku:

Thats absolute not true!! your staying back all depends on the motive. They know there are genuine reasons of which PhD is one. Let your your plans after studies in your motivation letter correspond also to what you tell the VO
In ma case, I clear told the vo that i will want to continue with PhD after my studies. He asked where and I told him either in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. This is because the impact I want to make in my country, the master degree is not enough to give me the technical/scientific knowledge.
There are also instances where you can tell them after study, You will like to work or do research to gain more experience that you take back to your country. In this case you need to back up with good SOP and good explanation.

Whaaat!

Bro things have changed now. It's clear now that the embassy/VOs looks for the slightest excuse to reject you.
VOs are not the same, one vo may buy your PhD stuff and another may not. They understand applicants differently.

During, my interview, I wanted to tell the VO that after my studies, I'll proceed to Canada for my PhD(that's my intention) but on second thought I told her I'm going back to imo State to work with the ministry of environment.

I'm not saying you should not be sincere but some VOs are temperamental.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by CC19: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ok. Thank you
djlaqua91:

On the 20th

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
HighPriest0:

Whaaat!

Bro things have changed now. It's clear now that the embassy/VOs looks for the slightest excuse to reject you.
VOs are not the same, one vo may buy your PhD stuff and another may not. They understand applicants differently.

During, my interview, I wanted to tell the VO that after my studies, I'll proceed to Canada for my PhD(that's my intention) but on second thought I told her I'm going back to imo State to work with the ministry of environment.

I'm not saying you should not be sincere but some VOs are temperamental.

I don't think so. VOs don't even have powers to reject.

If you are honest and can prove beyond reasonable doubt that you deserve visum I think we'll get them.

Stop all this negative ominous cloak and dagger stuff. Hundreds upon hundreds of Indians gain visum to study in same country. Is it because german VOs in the south east asia like indians?

Not true.

We need to adopt honesty. I believe it's far easier than we are anticipating. Another thing I've noticed and I'm disgusted about is ppl are deliberately keeping or hoarding valuable information particularly useful visum transcripts that can revolutionize this waka.

It will be well.

Abeg who get link to heybaby12 transcript?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kenechill: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
LexRE:
Anyone heading to Munich on the 4th using Turkish airline?
Lol I Think people have ported to Egyptair cos of free dinner and breakfast in a 5 star hotel.
I was lodged at Novotel resort, Cairo.
Had access to the gym, pool and the buffet (dinner and breakfast) was longer than river Nile. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Akwaekee(f): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
The Ph.D thing isn't the issue. During my interview with the lady on dreadlock, I mentioned I would love to acquire a Ph.D, and that if I got an offer in Germany that'd be perfect. I even mentioned it in my motivation letter. So no, that's not the issue.
Fabricio07:

"Due to your information provided on application, there are doubts in your case about the stated purpose of travel. In doing so, you were unable to plausibly demonstrate your intentions to study. The discretion could not be exercised in your favor. The application must therefore be rejected. The remaining grant requirements were not final"

She suggested PhD along with scholarship for that and I only agreed.
Thanks for your care.
it's well.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by chuksinfotech: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
[b]Please note that visa appointments at the German Embassy in Abuja are very limited. Please make an appointment request well in advance as soon as you know about your travel plans.

Eligible Applicants

Employees of the Federal Level:

1. Federal Authorities:only official trips / official passports, for private trips only with a note verbale from the MFA. Applicant must be working actively for the federal authority (please provide payslip as proof)

2. Presidency

3. National Assembly

4. State House

5. Senate

6. Military: Only official trips with invitation from Germany

7. SSS: only official trips or with full cost coverage

Applicants may be accompanied by one PA, spouse and children.

Others:

1. Governors from the Embassy’s jurisdiction (plus 1 PA, spouse, children if travelling together with governor)

2. Spouses and children of Germans living in Embassy’s jurisdiction

(+ non-married partners, who have already obtained visa in Lagos / Abuja and have already travelled)

3. Transit travellers leaving from Abuja

4. Visitors for the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin/ Nigerian Consulate General in Frankfurt living within the Embassy’s jurisdiction

5. Employees of the German political foundations in Nigeria and GIZ (+ spouse and children) living in the Embassy’s jurisdiction

6. Members of the Diplomatic Corps in Abuja (+ spouse and children) and employees of diplomatic missions who have already received visa in Lagos / Abuja and have already travelled.

7. Participants of visitor programmes organized by German federal authorities (only with full cost coverage!)

8. DAAD / AvH fellows: scholarship trips that are less than three months; only applicants living in the Embassy’s jurisdiction

9. Employees of the UN and ECOWAS in Abuja (only for official trips)

10. Urgent medical treatment in Germany (max. two accompanying persons plus attending doctor)

11. Participants of conferences/trainings hosted by the German federal authorities/the political foundations/GIZ living in the Embassy’s jurisdiction (only with full cost absorption)[/b]

Guys good afternoon, please I need more clarification on the provision of the embassy website.

Which they spoke about Senators, Rep Members, GIZ etc.

Does it mean a family member of the person in the presidency, reps, senate etc can get invited for interview based on your affiliation with them

??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by hotboss: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
sassy92:

If you're going for summer, my advice is that you don't limit yourself. Courses are very limited for summer. I'm also going for engineering courses and the ones I found that are offered for summer, most use Uniassist and require English Test (IELTS/TOEFL). So check all the requirements for the schools and their application timelines.

Thanks .. I have TOEFL but a low score. Makes my selection more streamlined. Are you applying for summer? We may work together. What do you think brother.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
hotboss:

Thanks .. I have TOEFL but a low score. Makes my selection more streamlined. Are you applying for summer? We may work together. What do you think brother.
PM me. And I'm a lady
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tosinsolomon: 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
hotboss:

She’s a sister.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
chuksinfotech:
[b]Please note that visa appointments at the German Embassy in Abuja are very limited. Please make an appointment request well in advance as soon as you know about your travel plans.

Eligible Applicants

1. Federal Authorities:only official trips / official passports, for private trips only with a note verbale from the MFA. Applicant must be working actively for the federal authority (please provide payslip as proof)

2. Presidency

3. National Assembly

4. State House

5. Senate

Others:

1. Governors from the Embassy’s jurisdiction (plus 1 PA, spouse, children if travelling together with governor)

(+ non-married partners, who have already obtained visa in Lagos / Abuja and have already travelled)

4. Visitors for the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin/ Nigerian Consulate General in Frankfurt living within the Embassy’s jurisdiction

5. Employees of the German political foundations in Nigeria and GIZ (+ spouse and children) living in the Embassy’s jurisdiction

6. Members of the Diplomatic Corps in Abuja (+ spouse and children) and employees of diplomatic missions who have already received visa in Lagos / Abuja and have already travelled.

7. Participants of visitor programmes organized by German federal authorities (only with full cost coverage!)

8. DAAD / AvH fellows: scholarship trips that are less than three months; only applicants living in the Embassy’s jurisdiction

10. Urgent medical treatment in Germany (max. two accompanying persons plus attending doctor)

11. Participants of conferences/trainings hosted by the German federal authorities/the political foundations/GIZ living in the Embassy’s jurisdiction (only with full cost absorption)[/b]

Guys good afternoon, please I need more clarification on the provision of the embassy website.

Does it mean a family member of the person in the presidency, reps, senate etc can get invited for interview based on your affiliation with them

??
Noooo. It means if a government official wants to travel WITH his family then they'll be interviewed in Abuja embassy. This clearly does not apply to students except you live in Abuja (or any of the northern states mentioned) AND going for Msc/PhD (they don't interview Bsc applicants)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by chuksinfotech: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
sassy92:

Noooo. It means if a government official wants to travel WITH his family then they'll be interviewed in Abuja embassy. This clearly does not apply to students except you live in Abuja (or any of the northern states mentioned) AND going for Msc/PhD (they don't interview Bsc applicants)

SO they MUST invite you to be interviewed?

And the Above listed personalities cannot influence your invitation?

I actually leave in Jos Plateau State and I am going for Masters
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
chuksinfotech:

Eligible Applicants

2. Presidency

3. National Assembly

4. State House

5. Senate

Others:

??

Look if you live in Abuja that is the only time you can go to their embassy over there period.

Forget those jargon.

As long as you applying for student visum and you don't live there you'll be sent home

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
chuksinfotech:

SO they MUST invite you to be interviewed?

And the Above listed personalities cannot influence your invitation?

I actually leave in Jos Plateau State and I am going for Masters

You will not be invited to be interviewed. You'll apply under those categories on the normal diplo.Deutsche missions website

And get a date....whether you have applied for msc and you don't live in Abuja. You should not try to tick that appointment booking requirement box

.cheers

Your plateau mates have been having their appointments in Lagos. One of you guys over there even got rejected letter yesterday.

Maybe those listed can influence your having the interview in Abuja tho cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by hotboss: 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
sassy92:

PM me. And I'm a lady

Sorry. I didn't check to see if you are female. I will pm immidiately

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by LexRE: 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
Kenechill:

Lol I Think people have ported to Egyptair cos of free dinner and breakfast in a 5 star hotel.
I was lodged at Novotel resort, Cairo.
Had access to the gym, pool and the buffet (dinner and breakfast) was longer than river Nile. grin

Ah player myself �
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kolladey(m): 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
pls ,I am new here!
I will be applying for German student visa soon, pls I need someone to list the documents that I will need for the visa application and the list of documents that I will need for the visa interview.
Looking forward to positive response(s).
thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ghostk: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ghostk:
Summary of Transcript.

Had my interview today 02.09.2019 at German Consulate, Lagos. Counter 3, a fair lady like this.

Questions were basically on the following:

-Have you funded?
-How much did you fund, what bank?
-Why this course?
-Why Germany?
-Why not Nigeria?
-Why not US, UK?
-Have you applied for a German or any other visa before?
-Do you have friends or family in Germany?
-Tell me what you know about Germany
-B.Sc Thesis
-Plans after school
-Do you have any question for me?

*Just keep checking your mail

AM alert!
MSc Quantitative Finance
CAU Kiel
AD: sept 2, 2019.
AM: sept 26, 2019.

Thank you NL family

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fitlaw(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
Please I need professional to help review MOTIVATION LETTER below and also stand to be corrected. Thanks
Sir/Madam;

Motivation Letter

My name is TSB, I am writing this motivation letter in relation to my Master Degree application at the [University of XYZ]. As a Bachelor graduate in Entrepreneurial and Business Management with Second Class Honour (Upper Division), coming from the respected National Open University of Nigeria. This Masters course offers everything I need to become an expert(professional) in Entrepreneurs Management, my latest goal is now to become a fellow colleague researching the exciting area of [subject of your chosen study] while further gaining experience at [Es and Jot Global Resources].”

I am really enthusiastic to attend a Master’s degree in [ Mgt Science ] at University of ....... During my Bachelor student years at [National Open University of Nigeria] I succeeded in thoroughly preparing for my chosen Masters study while developing excellent understanding of [some previous example subjects Strategic Management, Managerial Economics, Production Management, Entrepreneurship Development, International Business, and Marketing Ethics and Social Responsibility.

Furthermore, I managed to apply a great extent of theory to practice at my working position as a [ Store/Purchasing Officer and Client Manager]. In combination with my analytical and multitasking skills, each of my given tasks and projects seemed more and more interesting, which further lit my interest in [My chosen Masters study field].” The good reputation of high-quality education standards, an extremely distinguished faculty members, and research facilities are the factors which have motivated me to apply for my Master’s of (My chosen course) in University of .......

“I am grateful for the given opportunity and time to review my motivation letter. In the upcoming time, I will look forward to your reply and hope for a positive reaction. Please inform me about a potential interview if there is a further need for information required.”

Yours faithfully
I will appreciate your positive response

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Phatkings: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good afternoon I am new to this thread is their any German universities that gives admission against summer semester for a master degree program
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by johnaolaniran: 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
You have a very impressive CGPA for Engineering Management for admission even in US. But let's focus on DE... most schools offering this course offer it has Technical Management or Business Administration and Engineering and they offer admissions for Winter most times. So search DAAD again for Technical Management, Manufacturing Technology, Production Engineering and Management, Technology and Innovation Management. Some schools like Harz University of Applied Sciences take summer applications. So search again. All the best.

hotboss:
Please, any school whose application for Summer is on? Anyone with such info should let me know.
Online application preffered. I have a CGPA or 3.788/5.00 with about 4 Fs.
I hv tried to check daad and shortlisted some schools whose applications are not open yet .

Since there is no much time, please brothers you can mention anyone you know.
Field: Engineering ( Mechanical, biomedical, process, production, engineering management)

ThNk you all,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by oluwadamilolah(f): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
abnoble:

I sent it to them through their normal email....
thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
fitlaw:
Please I need professional to help review MOTIVATION LETTER below and also stand to be corrected. Thanks
Sir/Madam;

Motivation Letter

My name is TSB, I am writing this motivation letter in relation to my Master Degree application at the [University of XYZ]. As a Bachelor graduate in Entrepreneurial and Business Management with Second Class Honour (Upper Division), coming from the respected National Open University of Nigeria. This Masters course offers everything I need to become an expert(professional) in Entrepreneurs Management, my latest goal is now to become a fellow colleague researching the exciting area of [subject of your chosen study] while further gaining experience at [Es and Jot Global Resources].”

I am really enthusiastic to attend a Master’s degree in [ Mgt Science ] at University of ....... During my Bachelor student years at [National Open University of Nigeria] I succeeded in thoroughly preparing for my chosen Masters study while developing excellent understanding of [some previous example subjects Strategic Management, Managerial Economics, Production Management, Entrepreneurship Development, International Business, and Marketing Ethics and Social Responsibility.

Furthermore, I managed to apply a great extent of theory to practice at my working position as a [ Store/Purchasing Officer and Client Manager]. In combination with my analytical and multitasking skills, each of my given tasks and projects seemed more and more interesting, which further lit my interest in [My chosen Masters study field].” The good reputation of high-quality education standards, an extremely distinguished faculty members, and research facilities are the factors which have motivated me to apply for my Master’s of (My chosen course) in University of .......

“I am grateful for the given opportunity and time to review my motivation letter. In the upcoming time, I will look forward to your reply and hope for a positive reaction. Please inform me about a potential interview if there is a further need for information required.”

Yours faithfully

I don't know much about motivational letters but this seems impressive.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ShinaLe: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ghostk:

AM alert!
MSc Quantitative Finance
CAU Kiel
AD: sept 2, 2019.
AM: sept 26, 2019.

Thank you NL family

Did you fund before interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
Cat B here, booked interview August 14, no AD till now, is this normal? anyone in the same situation?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by glopatra(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
Courses for Msc Electrical Engineering/ IT summer semester ( they all accept EPL)

1) Electrical Communications ....Unikassel

2) Industrial Informatic...... Emden/ Leer

3) Communication Systems and Networks ...TH Koln

4) Postgraduate Program in renewable Energy Msc....... University of Oldenburg. ( This one has opportunity to apply for DAAD scholarship simultaneously)

6) Communications and Information Technology........ Unibremen

7) Control, Microsystems and Microelectronics...... Unibremen

cool Digital Engineering ....Ovg Magdeburg ( It was not stated clearly if they accept EPL , they only mentioned acceptance of any equivalent proof in their study and exam regulations)

9) Renewable Energy ........Hochschule Stralsund

10) International Automotive Engineering........TH Ingolstadt

11) Electrical Engineering and Information Technology .......Degendolf Institute of Technology (They accepted my EPL last winter but it is not stated clearly that they accept EPL. And there is an online aptitude test that you have to write to get admission).

12) Msc Data Analytics University of Hildesheim........ Deadline is 15th Dec for this one.

SHALOM......

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thewizardof0zil: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
evergreen9:
Cat B here, booked interview August 14, no AD till now, is this normal? anyone in the same situation?
a lot of us bro/sis.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tommynaku: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
fitlaw:
Sir/Madam;

Motivation Letter

Yours faithfully
Please there is big diff between motivation for study and that required by embassy
There are many key info missing here
Try and answer these and not too much grammar just go to the point
Intro
I am writing this letter as part of my application for a long-term student visa for Germany in pursuant of Master of Science in XYZ at the XYZ University, Germany in the winter 2019/2020 session
Why did you choose to study this course
My decision to pursue graduate studies at xyz University is motivated by the fact ......State your motive
What prior knowledge and skills have you gathered to help you to succeed in this course?
My undergraduate studies in xyz not only gave me professional skillset but also made me further explore my career prospect. The broad range degree courses in my bachelor’s degree equipped me with the necessary skills required for work and career advancement. If you have wok experience...
I have also acquired vast experience as a .... that span up to ... years within the .... profession and also having being involved in national, state and projects. These theoretical knowledge and professional experience gathered will be a solid foundation in pursuing this master’s program.
Why did you choose to study in Germany?
I chose to study in Germany because of the low or no tuition fees, which makes it far cheaper than any other countries where this program is taught. German education offers excellent teaching and research, the quality of higher education system is evident from its consistent top positions in world education rankings. The education in Germany is designed to meet up the most up-to-date scientific developments running out in the world and educate individuals who can confidently face global challenges.
What’s your career objective/ Future plans after study and how will this program help achieve it
Please be professional here. no much talk just be precise and with good construction
Conclusion
Lastly, allow me to express that I do strongly believe that studying this master course in Germany is a crucial step in my career¬. I am looking forward to your positive response. Please accept my deepest appreciation and gratitude for your further assessment and consideration.
Your Name
Signature/Date

Please I take God beg you review some of what I wrote ooooh

28 Likes 15 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by glopatra(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
sassy92:

@ Sassy92 Which area of Engineering are you going for. If you know any Msc course related to
Electrical Engineering outside of daad.de ( I have searched the ones there) kindly share with me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by glopatra(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
sassy92:

@ Sassy92 Which area of Engineering are you going for? If you know any Msc course related to
Electrical Engineering outside of daad.de ( I have searched the ones there) kindly share with me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Fabricio07(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Kenechill:
There are two questions you probably didn't answer well.
Why chemistry and why Germany?
Can u please tell us what your answers were and what School you're going to

I don't think so.
I have ready a thousand transcript here and beyond to not know how to answer those questions.

Infact, she was the one that suggested the PhD after I told her that I am doing the same Chemistry in masters so as to perfect my trade and qualify to work as lecturer in that course.

Now, I am beginning to think that I got rejected because they probably think I wouldn't meet up with the enrollment deadline which is this October end.
I told the VO that I have started the enrollment and was only waiting for the enrollment certificate to be sent to me... perhaps she didn't hear or take note of that.

I am going to Free University, Berlin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.