Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:00 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (606261 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by akinswaggs(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Compliments of the season grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
akinswaggs:

Lol same to you

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by amihbkt767676: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
How eagerly I and my friends in this thread are waiting for AD. I pray they have a change of heart and bring coolness to our eyes.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chymak: 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Bro, how did you certify your credentials for TU Bergakademie Freiberg?.....
adextetoo:
I don't know what's going on, I applied with TU Berkagademie Freiberg and I am yet to receive a notification concerning me getting admission or not. Since July 27th and I am supposed to start by April 2020 all things being equal.

Please is there anybody in the same situation I am in?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shantelleasante(f): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
Yes exactly..I hope things change come 2020
amihbkt767676:
How eagerly I and my friends in this thread are waiting for AD. I pray they have a change of heart and bring coolness to our eyes.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Energygod: 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
akinswaggs:

Bro no compliments abeg things are really rough on this thread make baba God come through for us abeg boys are very tired and exhausted.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by akinswaggs(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
Energygod:

Bro no compliments abeg things are really rough on this thread make baba God come through for us abeg boys are very tired and exhausted.

Everything would be fine in the end. One just needs to keep hope alive cool

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by KVN1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hello Geez,
please I'll be applying for undergraduate computer science program in some federal German varsities..
Id like to know the language level requirements,A1,A2 and so on.. and if they differ with different universities.
Again, I'll still love to know if I can still meet up with the application processes by mid 2020 if I begin my GOETH classes soon enough..

Thanks in advance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 1:30am On Dec 26, 2019
Season Greetings to you all.
Firstly I want to sincerely appreciate you all for the good work. I've been an observer on this thread since part 6 and I can say it's been highly informative.

Well my question hovers around the academic (not language) requirements to study Medicine in Germany. Just like other Bachelor's programs, a good WAEC + Studentkolleg should yield admission, in addition to fine performances in the Test for Medical Studies (TMS) for some Universities.

I have a Bachelor's in a Biomedical Field (CGPA of 4.00/5.00 in both first year and on the overall) which ordinarily should eliminate the need for Studentkolleg. I need to know if this also applies to admissions for Medicine as I cannot particularly find this information on the program website of the schools I looked into. Would I still have to enroll in those Studentkolleg or would my Bachelor's Transcript suffice?

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 1:38am On Dec 26, 2019
KVN1:
Hello Geez,
please I'll be applying for undergraduate computer science program in some federal German varsities..
Id like to know the language level requirements,A1,A2 and so on.. and if they differ with different universities.
Again, I'll still love to know if I can still meet up with the application processes by mid 2020 if I begin my GOETH classes soon enough..

Thanks in advance

Well typically a C1 should be fine for Computer Science, you will have to confirm from the program website of your interested Universities as they may differ. As regards applications Mid 2020 (i.e June, July August) isn't entirely the best time as most admissions would have been dished out. Preferably Application to Winter Semesters would be ideal. Confirm from the program websites.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by janettee(f): 8:14am On Dec 26, 2019
KVN1:
Hello Geez,

Thanks in advance

Even with C1, you will still face some difficulties in the course. Having C1 only proves you passed the exam, it doesn't mean you are fit to study in German yet!. I have foreigners in my course who have difficulty understanding the professors and they are supposed to be on 'C1 level '.

So, have that in the back of your mind.

Ps: I'm studying Computer Science (bsc)!.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by KVN1(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2019
Moore09:

Well typically a C1 should be fine for Computer Science, you will have to confirm from the program website of your interested Universities as they may differ. As regards applications Mid 2020 (i.e June, July August) isn't entirely the best time as most admissions would have been dished out. Preferably Application to Winter Semesters would be ideal. Confirm from the program websites.
The thing is that I know C1 will do for computer science. I just want to know if anything within the range of A1-B1 will be enough to secure this admission by next year because before I'll be done with the C1-C2 courses,I'm sure the year must have run out.. and I wan leave this country kpatakpata next year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by KVN1(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2019
janettee:

Even with C1, you will still face some difficulties in the course. Having C1 only proves you passed the exam, it doesn't mean you are fit to study in German yet!. I have foreigners in my course who have difficulty understanding the professors and they are supposed to be on 'C1 level '.

So, have that in the back of your mind.

Ps: I'm studying Computer Science (bsc)!.

*smiles*
quite soothing to find a senior colleague in a busy place like Nairaland..
We should get to know each other.. unfortunately I don't know how to send PMs..
send me your WhatsApp number via email: nichotivity1@gmail.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by adextetoo(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2019
Chymak:
Bro, how did you certify your credentials for TU Bergakademie Freiberg?.....

Yes I did
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
Moore09:
Season Greetings to you all.
Firstly I want to sincerely appreciate you all for the good work. I've been an observer on this thread since part 6 and I can say it's been highly informative.

Well my question hovers around the academic (not language) requirements to study Medicine in Germany. Just like other Bachelor's programs, a good WAEC + Studentkolleg should yield admission, in addition to fine performances in the Test for Medical Studies (TMS) for some Universities.

I have a Bachelor's in a Biomedical Field (CGPA of 4.00/5.00 in both first year and on the overall) which ordinarily should eliminate the need for Studentkolleg. I need to know if this also applies to admissions for Medicine as I cannot particularly find this information on the program website of the schools I looked into. Would I still have to enroll in those Studentkolleg or would my Bachelor's Transcript suffice?

Thanks

You will need to compete with over 50,000 applicants teeming to get batched in line each year to get into medical schools with slot allocation for 6000 or so.

That's to say, after you qualify to be trained as a doctor in a school you will be placed in batches to be in line to get into that medical school but when you will likely called up will be like 3 - 6yrs from now because only 6,000 will be spread throughout the country medical schools each year. Dont forget accumulating batches from sets before you lol

I haven't heard about using transcripts but most German medical students are so old deyve mostly attained masters in other things, and gained families and children.

Most smart ppl go to study in cheaper countries in eastern Europe and write farschprufung and kenntisprufung to actually get in to the German world. If you can get admitted to Poland, ukraine or Romania you will be better off than going to Germany for mbbs. Saves time

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Anuseyi: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
Merry christmas my DE waka people. While we await AD, can anyone suggest affordable schools in Ireland/UK. IELTS cannot come and waste cry[color=#550000][/color]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Gavrelino123: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Most smart ppl go to study in cheaper countries in eastern Europe and write farschprufung and kenntisprufung to actually get in to the German world. If you can get admitted to Poland, ukraine or Romania you will be better off than going to Germany for mbbs. Saves time

Na wa oo, I appreciate the information... Are you sure I will not hustle for MBBS in Nigeria here? Poland would give me what I need with a 4year MD program but the money long die, I can't afford it. Will I be able to write the farschprufung and kenntisprufung with a Nigerian MBBS or MBBCh?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
Me too o, Ireland fit make sense o, we not getting younger, moreover Ireland speaks English and go better pass Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
fabulouskill:
Me too o, Ireland fit make sense o, we not getting younger, moreover Ireland speaks English and go better pass Nigeria

My brother where I wan see money for British school naa? Those people na only blood money them dey accept lol. And I barely find scholarships for Undergraduate Medical Studies. I no just know and it's very demoralising.

Moving to UK with a Nigerian Medical Degree actually feels like the most realistic route to practice in Europe.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by tunyuz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hello house! please, can a HND holder in mechanical engineering apply for MSc. in mechanical engineering. Or someone can only apply for a Bsc.?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fibe: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
Good day people. Please which other postal service is fast, cheap and reliable apart from DHL so I can use to send my documents to Germany. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Anuseyi: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
I am still wrapping my head around nairaland features. Here is my mail id tealkyy@gmail.com
Gavrelino123:

Same Mehn..my IELTS is 7.0
Imagine waiting for 12 months,one needs to have a plan B and C at the side .
I'm right behind you....
I just sent you a Pm..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Moore09:

Na wa oo, I appreciate the information... Are you sure I will not hustle for MBBS in Nigeria here? Poland would give me what I need with a 4year MD program but the money long die, I can't afford it. Will I be able to write the farschprufung and kenntisprufung with a Nigerian MBBS or MBBCh?

There are pros and cons to everything.

If you study medicine in the EU (poland, Romania, Hungary ) you will have immediate license to practise medicine in germany provided you pass only the language tests. You will however not be allowed to practise if you have not already done house job which is mostly done in your home country only. Problem with this however, is that you must come and sit for mdcn exams here in Nigeria which is deviously tough to ace(no thanks to sadists doctors here). But once you pass mdcn exam however long it takes you are free.
All that will be stopping you from bagging a German approbation or any country license in the EU will be that respective country's language test. For Germany, it's farschprufung (it tests your fluency in medical deutsch at C1 level) and automatically you will get a German license. If i were you and i had the money, this will be my best bet. Germans need doctors infact their own needs far outshine that of the UK.

2.) Studyimg in nigeria. Benefits of studying here is that when you finish you will have swift access to do house job cos you won't have to go through mdcn exams. After or during your housejob you can study deutsch to level b2 and begin research on hospitation visas, these visas are what will enable you to seek entry into any German state to do observerships or externships to have an idea of how Germans run their clinics as part of your research in preparing for farschprufung.

However, before you can apply for this farschprufung you need to present translated documents of your home country's recognized medical certificate, registration with medical council here, license, letter of good standing, police clearance certificate and proof of housejob amongst other things, to the local arztekammer or medical council in the particular state of Germany you are seeking hospitation.
N.B. The documents must be translated by a recognized translator in germany too.

Once you submit those documents and indicate interest to practise in that state at the arztekammer dey will den start looking to verify your documents. Now this will lead to them giving you what dey will then tag as a deficitbescheid, it shows all the deficiencies between your schools medical curriculum and their own medical systems. Think of the deficitbescheid as one paper that will compel you to want to take kennitsprufung however it makes no sense cos you didn't train in the EU so definitely your curriculum cannot be d same and every sensible person has to take kennitsprufung anyway.

This deficitbescheid will take 2-3months to be completed and given or mailed to you from the arztekammer. While this is going on you are busy doing your observorship and taking classes for farschprufung test.
Luckily if your visa doesn't expire and you get your defizitbescheid you can then apply for farschprufung and a date will be given to you. This date can range from anything like 2months(sachsen-anhalt) to 1yr(bavaria and baden-wurttemburg).
The language test is not easy to be honest so asking you to prepare hard for it is an understatement.
By this time if your visa has not expired, you must come back to Nigeria and apply for 17a visa, Which is like the UK own were you present evidence that your purpose of travel is to seek to better yourself so as to practise your profession in germany. You will then be required to present your defizitbesheid, fsp termin date and probably other details. Then you go to Deutschland and sit for your exams just like plab 2
Once you pass fsp (you can fail for as long as you want) you will be given a temporary license to practise.
You will then be eligible to apply for jobs and get stellenzussage from employers with which you can apply for your work visa back home in Nigeria.

If your visa hasn't since 17a visa hasnt expired already you must come back to Nigeria and apply for work visa to practise medicine as an assistenzarzt.
The temporary license lasts for only 2-3yrs during which time it is expected that you give kenntnisprufung test(knowledge of medicine test) which must be sat for only a maximum of 3 tries.
Once you pass kennitnsprufung, it is only then that you will be given permanent license to practise medicine in germany. And believe me, the sky will be your starting point.

There is too much uncertainty involved with attempting fsp and kt after your medical school here. If it's not too much to ask Ukraine is a cheaper alternative. AS their schools are dirt cheap and there are claims that Ukraine will soon join the EU. And if it does you won't have to do almighty kennitsprufung.

The ball is in your court.

Provided your medical school here in Nigeria is recognised on anabin database you have nothing to worry about. They will welcome you with open arms in germany grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Moore09:

My brother where I wan see money for British school naa? Those people na only blood money them dey accept lol. And I barely find scholarships for Undergraduate Medical Studies. I no just know and it's very demoralising.

Moving to UK with a Nigerian Medical Degree actually feels like the most realistic route to practice in Europe.

Yes This is the most realistic route....
However, the UK is brexiting from the European union and plab is going to be replaced with ukmla from 2022.
Germans are also planning on changing their style of doing farschprufung and kennitsprufung by making the exams like plab and usmle.
But the Germans are so slow in implementing policies that dey will talk now and the next thing there bureaucracy will swallow it up. Again sef since the idea was passed by madam Christina in nortrheinwestfalia all the other states of lower saxony, thuringia, saarland, berlin are busy forming nah she get her mouth. Like as if dey are not seeing the stagnation of the health sector to deliver timed and appropriate care.
Ppl with insurance go to get immediate treatement and are told to go and come back in 3months to see doctor because of a long list. Who does that? By 2035 Germany will need to have employed atleast 100000 doctors from non eu countries to survive as a great percentage of the population are senile or in the aged bracket and also all current doctor facharzts would have gone into retirement.

The Germans have tried to recruit more pools into their medical schools in hopes that the percentage of those churned out each year that stay back will increase. But dey don't even know that without real commitment UK, Ireland, Sweden and switzerland will keep on swallowing their prospects.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by NairaLuck: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hello NLs, I am an HND graduate who intends to emigrate to a better country.
I am considering Canada, Germany, and the USA ( I was told Canada doesn't recognize HND +if I'm to start BSc again Age would disqualify me, I was Told USA recognizes it after WES EVALUATION but the possibility of getting a Visa is low since I don't have any travel history) so I considered Germany.
I searched through DAAD from a link I Saw here
i got a reply from the University in Amberg, Germany.
I intend to Study International Business, it's completely taught in English (and it's tuition free) according to the email I received, while studying in my first year I must learn German at a studientkur(I can't spell it) it's a German language school up to B2 level. Then in the 3rd year of study i must learn 2 additional languages (1 from Europe 1 Asia) or 2 European languages.
That's not my question tho, I intend to apply for Winter Intake (Oct ) so I'd be applying in May. I have my proof of Funds ready.

My question is, if I get the admission after applying in May, is it possible to get my Visa by September so I can settle down b4 resumption.

Already I have An HND in Business Administration and Management which I informed the school.

Please I need your sincere replies to this question.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thegamingorca:

There are pros and cons to everything.....
The ball is in your court.

Provided your medical school here in Nigeria is recognised on anabin database you have nothing to worry about. They will welcome you with open arms in germany grin

Omoh... this is deeply revealing. Thanks alot. I'll evaluate my options.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Yes This is the most realistic route....
However, the UK is brexiting from the European union and plab is going to be replaced with ukmla from 2022.
Germans are also planning on changing their style of doing farschprufung and kennitsprufung by making the exams like plab and usmle.
But the Germans are so slow in implementing policies that dey will talk now and the next thing there bureaucracy will swallow it up. Again sef since the idea was passed by madam Christina in nortrheinwestfalia all the other states of lower saxony, thuringia, saarland, berlin are busy forming nah she get her mouth. Like as if dey are not seeing the stagnation of the health sector to deliver timed and appropriate care.
Ppl with insurance go to get immediate treatement and are told to go and come back in 3months to see doctor because of a long list. Who does that? By 2035 Germany will need to have employed atleast 100000 doctors from non eu countries to survive as a great percentage of the population are senile or in the aged bracket and also all current doctor facharzts would have gone into retirement.

The Germans have tried to recruit more pools into their medical schools in hopes that the percentage of those churned out each year that stay back will increase. But dey don't even know that without real commitment UK, Ireland, Sweden and switzerland will keep on swallowing their prospects.

You seem well informed on this matter. Are you also in pursuit of a Medical Degree or you're already practicing in DE?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Moore09:

Omoh... this is deeply revealing. Thanks alot. I'll evaluate my options.

You are welcomed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
Moore09:

You seem well informed on this matter. Are you also in pursuit of a Medical Degree or you're already practicing in DE?

grin grin I'm currently trying to flee nigeria and I just cancelled the German medical route.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chymak: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
adextetoo:

Yes I did

As in...How did you go abt it?...Notary,court, which one?.....compliment bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Moore09: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thegamingorca:

grin grin I'm currently trying to flee nigeria and I just cancelled the German medical route.

Choiii... U literally just scatter my dreams and aspirations with this post.

I was hoping I could get into the country via an MSc, take the opportunity to develop sufficient German proficiency before applying and securing admission into Medicine. But the uncertainty now is just on another level going by this information

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.