Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit (39761 Views)

Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / The History Of The Lagos BRT (25 Things Every Lagosian Must Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by skukimania(f): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
You left out the father of all the beaches in Lagos."La campagne" beach is the best of all! kiss kiss
Meanwhile, entry fee is 6k. It's worth it!
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by mexioni(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
Where de hell do u now put baracuda beach?
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by liberalchick(f): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
I don’t want to derail this beautiful thread, we are both going in circles and you keep thinking the beaches have to be like Miami before Lagos beaches can be more utilized.

As I said before, Nigerians might be going to the beaches before my ancestors but how many? Most of the beaches are dirty and poorly maintained, for some, the access to get there can be treacherous or the agberos that are posted there. If enough people do not go, how much money can they make from entrance fees? You just want to make this tribal and argue, deep down you know Lagos coastlines have not lived up to its potential.

2mch:

I don’t think you know what you are talking about. How else can beach owners make money if not from entrance fees and vendors? You want them to build hotels on the beach and invite foreigners. Then when they stop you from going to the beach because you look like ashewo coming to disturb the hotel occupants and foreigners you will start crying and protesting. I have traveled to countries that rely on tourism, it’s not as glorious as you make it sound. In fact it’s terrible for the locals. They can’t enjoy their beaches without harassment. Things get so expensive and the local boys and girls have a high rate of prostitution

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
grin grin grin op e dey forbid u to mention bar beach? grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2019
koladebrainiac:
olodo poster what about La Campagne Tropicana Beach resort? the best beach in Nigeria?
if u snap and show this pix to ppl most ppl will assume say na jand u take am.some place places in naija are really beautiful just dat in many places we don use human and cow poo deface most areas plus pure water satchets.
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by PoliteActivist: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
lefulefu:
grin grin grin op e dey forbid u to mention bar beach? grin grin grin

1sharon, realstars see below. Do u folks live in Nigeria?

---------------------

The Bar Beach was a beach on the Atlantic Ocean along the shorelines of Lagos, situated on Victoria Island. For a while, it was the most popular beach in Nigeria especially when Lagos was the capital of the country.

In 2003, the idea for a modern city on the Atlantic coast was publicly discussed. It would be sited on what used to be Bar Beach, out of reclaimed land. It would be called Eko Atlantic City, a residential and business district “standing on 10 million square metres of land reclaimed from the ocean and protected by an 8.5 kilometre-long sea wall"

In 2008, the construction of the new city began.

As of May 2009 while the site was being dredged, about 3,000,000 cubic metres (3,900,000 cu yd) of space had been sand-filled and placed in the reclamation area, while about 35,000 tonnes of rock have been delivered to the site.

In 2016, Eko Atlantic City was commissioned by Lagos governor Akinwumi Ambode.

The Eko Atlantic project has been criticized for having a design flaw that may contribute to continuing flooding in Lagos because of its being "highly susceptible to rising tides, as it is based on an artificial sandbar directly adjacent to the ocean." A storm surge in the exact area where the Eko Atlantic’s construction was taking place reportedly killed 16 people. There have been other equally dangerous flooding in Lagos blamed on the new construction project.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by stubbornman(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
Emmyk:

No. Just spent few hours then went back to Lagos. The place felt like another country with the kind of distance and bad road. grin

Thats why i said i cant come back same day when i visit a beach in Lagos....unless its close to my place of residence.
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Stillthebest: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
PoliteActivist:
How about Bar beach

No more bar beach
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Shopatcandice(f): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
Lovely. I hope they are as beautiful as they look on photo?
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Skelewu: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Been to Atican, Elegushi and Oniru...

The road to Atican is really bad, too sandy and gallopy. The beach itself was okay. I think we paid 1k each to get in.

I found Elugushi crowded, with lots of juveniles. This one collected N500 or so.

Oniru was just there.

I think Takwa Bay is cool, but I didn't like the idea of moving across water to get there. So, I boycotted this trip.

Took a picture of the water at Atican.
My friend got in, I didn't.

Na you get those fat thighs?

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by 2mch(m): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
liberalchick:
I don’t want to derail this beautiful thread, we are both going in circles and you keep thinking the beaches have to be like Miami before Lagos beaches can be more utilized.

As I said before, Nigerians might be going to the beaches before my ancestors but how many? Most of the beaches are dirty and poorly maintained, for some, the access to get there can be treacherous or the agberos that are posted there. If enough people do not go, how much money can they make from entrance fees? You just want to make this tribal and argue, deep down you know Lagos coastlines have not lived up to its potential.

We both know you didn’t mean this. LOL. A lot of Nigerians go to those beaches every weekend! It has been that way for years! I don’t think you live in Nigeria. Do you know how populated Lagos is? A lot of them go to the beach every weekend. If beach owners sell their beaches they can’t even make as much as they make now. When that money they sold it for finish, they will start making life hell for beach goers. grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Djmhyke(m): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
I stay in badagry and am one of the tourist, you can contact me for more info. 09050492572
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by liberalchick(f): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
lol don’t project your lack of comprehension unto me. I posted my comments and it’s your choice to comprehend and respond. It’s not my fault you misunderstood and you went off on some wild tangent about prostitutes and ancestral lands. Lagos beaches still have a lot of work to do to reach its full potential.

Modified: OP, apologies for derailing this thread, I hope people will continue to post beautiful pictures of Lagos beaches.

2mch:

We both know you didn’t mean this. LOL. A lot of Nigerians go to those beaches every weekend! It has been that way for years! I don’t think you live in Nigeria. Do you know how populated Lagos is? A lot of them go to the beach every weekend. If beach owners sell their beaches they can’t even make as much as they make now. When that money they sold it for finish, they will start making life hell for beach goers. grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by 2mch(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
liberalchick:
lol don’t project your lack of comprehension unto me. I posted my comments and it’s your choice to comprehend and respond. It’s not my fault you misunderstood and you went off on some wild tangent about prostitutes and ancestral lands. Lagos beaches still have a lot of work to do to reach its full potential.

Modified: OP, apologies for derailing this thread, I hope people will continue to post beautiful pictures of Lagos beaches.

I didn’t misunderstand you. You didn’t expect a backlash on the dumb idea. No one ever said tourist and meant locals. Except you don’t know the meaning of tourist. You were obviously judging from the amount of people who visit the beach by the pictures.
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2019
chronique:

Sisi yellow, you got fine fresh laps.

Thanks broda Chronique.

Skelewu:

Na you get those fat thighs?

Yes smiley
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by liberalchick(f): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
lol where is the backlash? From one ignorant person that doesn’t even know the meaning of the word ‘tourist’? You thought tourist meant foreigners, I only mentioned ‘locals’ when I said “Lagos beaches should be developed first for people that live in Lagos to enjoy before you worry about foreign tourists looking for prostitutes”. My posts are up there on this thread, go back and read them.

2mch:

I didn’t misunderstand you. You didn’t expect a backlash on the dumb idea. No one ever said tourist and meant locals. Except you don’t know the meaning of tourist. You were obviously judging from the amount of people who visit the beach by the pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by chronique(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Thanks broda Chronique.

Yes smiley

Aunty, I yam not your bloda o. My father's children are complete and none of us is missing. tongue
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
chronique:

Aunty, I yam not your bloda o. My father's children are complete and none of us is missing. tongue

Lol, I want you to be my broda.
Anything wrong in that? embarassed
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by 2mch(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
liberalchick:
lol where is the backlash? From one ignorant person that doesn’t even know the meaning of the word ‘tourist’? You thought tourist meant foreigners, I only mentioned ‘locals’ when I said “Lagos beaches should be developed first for people that live in Lagos to enjoy before you worry about foreign tourists looking for prostitutes”. My posts are up there on this thread, go back and read them.

When people say Tourists in any tourism location, the target is foreigners. I am tired of this dumb argument. If you don’t know this then you don’t know what you are saying at all. That is why they say tourists and locals. I don’t think the locals complained to you that the beaches are not good enough so they don’t go to the beaches. Again, you started lying about your intentions when I pointed out your intentions. Anyway, arguing with you is pointless. Nothing you can do.
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by liberalchick(f): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
Tourists =\= Foreigners, typing otherwise will NOT make it true. That’s how facts work. Next time before you argue with someone’s post, take the time to actually read and comprehend, fact check your opinions, then post a rejoinder. Do not be in a haste to be emotional or confirm your biases and start going on a tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with what the poster said. It serves this thread no purpose.

I actually agree with you, this back and forth makes no sense, there is a break in communication, you seem not to understand my posts.

2mch:

When people say Tourists in any tourism location, the target is foreigners. I am tired of this dumb argument. If you don’t know this then you don’t know what you are saying at all. That is why they say tourists and locals. I don’t think the locals complained to you that the beaches are not good enough so they don’t go to the beaches. Again, you started lying about your intentions when I pointed out your intentions. Anyway, arguing with you is pointless. Nothing you can do.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by 2mch(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
liberalchick:
Tourists =\= Foreigners, typing otherwise will NOT make it true. That’s how facts work. Next time before you argue with someone’s post, take the time to actually read and comprehend, fact check your opinions, then post a rejoinder. Do not be in a haste to be emotional or confirm your biases and start going on a tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with what the poster said. It serves this thread no purpose.

I actually agree with you, this back and forth makes no sense, there is a break in communication, you seem not to understand my posts.

Where did you see news that Lagos beaches suffer from lack of patronage? You are saying trash. What you meant is foreign tourist dollars.
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Beautyaddy: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
So are there no other States in Nigeria that have well maintained beaches aside from Lagos State

How about Rivers States, Delta and Cross Rivers States?
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Pauljazzmine28(f): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
Even People wen nor come from Lagos dey answer Lagosians.. Na wa
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by OlujobaSamuel: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Been to Atican, Elegushi and Oniru...

The road to Atican is really bad, too sandy and gallopy. The beach itself was okay. I think we paid 1k each to get in.

I found Elugushi crowded, with lots of juveniles. This one collected N500 or so.

Oniru was just there.

I think Takwa Bay is cool, but I didn't like the idea of moving across water to get there. So, I boycotted this trip.

Not just the road, I don't like the water bank, it's too dirty IMO. I think Sultan (Badagry) Beach should have a good place on the list. I've been there twice and I love it always, hoping Sanwo Olu And Buhari do that road soon so I can go there again this year.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by doitforyou(f): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
Delta and Rivers state don't have accessible beaches along the Atlantic. Akwa Ibom has a very beautiful beach with miles of white sand can't remember the name, it's the longest sand beach in West Africa, some stretch of it is maintained by Mobil. The one in Calabar is not too shabby.

Beautyaddy:
So are there no other States in Nigeria that have well maintained beaches aside from Lagos State

How about Rivers States, Delta and Cross Rivers States?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Abayor7: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Oluwolex2000:
Lagos, the most populated and the most economically buoyant city in Africa, is a place of various beauties.

The city is located right by the Atlantic Ocean, thus there are various beaches in Lagos, in various parts. With a wide array of beaches to choose from in the coastal city of Lagos, it may be a little confusing to decide which to visit.

Not to worry, here’s a list of the top 5 beaches in Lagos to help you make a choice.

5. Elegushi Royal Beach

The most popular of the private beaches in Lekki, Lagos. Elegushi Royal Beach, a private beach owned by the Elegushi Royal family, led by HRM Oba Alayeluwa Saheed Ademola Elegushi.

The beach is well known to be the go-to fun place for great meals, nightclubs, and hang out spots. This beach is the perfect spot for picnics, parties or social gatherings. On getting to the beach, you’ll be required to pay an entry fee of N1,000 after which you might be requested to pay an extra N200 for parking, but trust me, it’s worth every penny spent.

4. Atican Beach Resort

When you think about private beaches in Lagos, Atican Beach Resort is the first that should come to mind. Atican Beach resort, one of the prestigious beaches in Lagos is a pristine ocean-side destination in Lekki.

The private beach resort is a centre for fun and relaxation. Its clean white sand and beautiful Carribean style layout make it a great destination for romantic getaways, group hang out and family outings. It has lodges and a restaurant too!

3. Oniru Beach

One the most beautiful and serene private beaches in Lagos owned by the Oniru Royal Family. Oniru beach is one of the most sort-after beaches in Lagos because of its serenity and neatness. This beach is located on Victoria Island. It’s a popular venue for parties, live shows, and special events. When you visit Oniru Beach, ensure you are ready to have a good time and make wonderful memories.

2. Tarkwa Bay Beach

Tarrkwa Bay Beach is one of the beaches in Lagos where you can be assured a great time. A sheltered beach located near the Lagos Harbour. It’s a popular with swimmers and water-sports enthusiasts, also home to a welcoming resident community.

1. Lekki Leisure

Located opposite the three-story Vantage Beach Hub, Lekki Leisure is the best destination authentic outdoor fun in Lagos. The resort is a safe and tranquil destination suitable for a family outing, a group adventure or even a fun day out with your significant other.

They are known for their good food and well alerted security personals. The location also has a Sport Lounge where you can drink and watch any form of sports.

They have events centers where weddings, get together, group parties, proposals, cooperate meetings, team bonding and the likes can take place. With all these features and more, Lekki Leisure is sure the number one beach to visit in Lagos

Located at Lekki Leisure Lake Building, Adekunle Animashaun Drive, Lekki, Lagos.

Others are:

Coconut Beach Badagary

Whispering Palms

Eleko Beach

By Komolafe Daniel

Source: https://www.inoutnaija.com/2019/07/top-5-beaches-every-lagosian-must-visit.html

Which Of These Beaches have Your Visited?

I'm living in the beaches area where Atican beach is located but I can asure you Barracuda beach beats Atican full hands down!
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by chronique(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Not supposed to be a bad idea but... Come let me tell you something in your ears.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Abeg upload that picture everyone is talking about, i want to see dat fine....
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
chronique:

Not supposed to be a bad idea but... Come let me tell you something in your ears.

Lol, please tell me. smiley
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
Herrymax:

Abeg upload that picture everyone is talking about, i want to see dat fine....

Atican beach grin
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Atican beach grin
Lol u too wise grin
Re: Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Not just the road, I don't like the water bank, it's too dirty IMO. I think Sultan (Badagry) Beach should have a good place on the list. I've been there twice and I love it always, hoping Sanwo Olu And Buhari do that road soon so I can go there again this year.

I didn't even take a good look at the water bank, not like I took a good look at anything though. Would add the Sultan to future to-do-list. Lol, hopefully he delivers @ Sanwo Olu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Port Harcourt-Aba-Maiduguri Eastern Railway Corridor Construction Speeds Up / Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) / How Amosun Left Roads In Akute-Alagbole-Ajuwon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.