Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

What Is A Good Side In Smoking? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is A Good Side In Smoking? (333 Views)

How Hypnotherapy Can Help In Smoking Cessation / Bad And Good Side Of Sex. / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Good Side In Smoking? by ndachee: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2019
Smoking is generally considered horrible for your health. There are too many studies to cite here. However, in doing some research on IBDs (Inflammatory Bowel Diseases), it has been shown that while smoking is bad for people who suffer Crohn’s Disease, it has been demonstrated to be a positive for people with Ulcerative Colitis. Additionally, it helps prevent the disease. One study explaining this with other citations to other studies can be found here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2014383/

It should be noted, however, that the likely main positive factor is simply the nicotine (not the other harmful chemicals in smoke), which is hypothesized to increase mucus production in the colon as well as suppress the immune system (IBDs are auto-immune disorders).

While I am not a doctor and this is based solely on my own amateur research, my strong sense is that the side effects of smoking GREATLY outweigh any benefits of helping prevent and control this one relatively rare disease.

(1) (Reply)

This 10-minute Routine Will Increase Your Clarity And Creativity / Nutraleaf Naturals Organic And Non-gmo CBD Oil / Man Reveals What A Doctor Did To His In-law In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.