Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

See How You Can Apply For Fewer Jobs And Get More Interview Invites - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How You Can Apply For Fewer Jobs And Get More Interview Invites (258 Views)

Increase Your Chances Of Getting More Interview Calls / How To Apply For Fewer Jobs And Land More Interviews / See How You Can Apply For Fewer Jobs And Get More Interview Invites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How You Can Apply For Fewer Jobs And Get More Interview Invites by rita1234: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2019
I know you must have applied to many Jobs and may not have gotten an interview yet.

Well, maybe you have to change your strategy. Sending hundreds of applications in one day may not be the best approach to getting an interview invite. Job-search is not a game of numbers, and so it does not follow the rule of the more you do the more you get.

Job-search is an intentional approach, so you have to put in your effort and be particular about what you are doing if you want a change. Just like I said earlier, you have to change your job-search strategy to get a better result.

I understand that job-hunting could be a really trying time that can lead to desperation, and it is desperation that will make you send hundreds of applications in a day. I know it is not easy not to send in too many applications, but this tips will help you send fewer applications that will fetch job interview invites for you:

1. Discover your Career path

I know you must have heard this many times, but this is the first step you need to take to tailor your applications.

I know the first question you would love to ask me is what is a career path? Well your career path is the particular channel you make up your mind to follow when you want to start searching for a job and building a career.

Discovering your career path is about deciding on the particular job field that you would love to grow and build your career in

2. Have a well-Tailored CV

As much as the CV has been emphasized, your CV is a key factor when you are searching for a job. The first contact that a prospective employer will likely have with you is your CV.

So, imagine that your prospective employer’s first contact with you is a poor CV. Most job-seekers love to have a one-size-fits-all CV so that they won’t have to create a new one when applying for a job.

So you may be tempted to use one CV for all your applications so that you can save time and send your applications faster. Using one CV for all your application will most of the time not land you an interview invite.

3. Create an Impressive Cover Letter

A cover letter gives you the opportunity to create an amazing first impression to your prospective employer.

Since this an opportunity for you to tell your prospective employer that you are the best person for the job, then you must do it well to get your desired result.

To make good use of the opportunity, you have to give your prospective employer reasons to hire you for that particular position. You should convince the hiring manager that you are the best person for the job.

4. Tailor Your Application
This is the fourth step to get a job interview with less job applications. Once you have been able to discover the kind of job that you want, created your CV and cover letter, then you can go ahead and tailor your application.

To tailor your application, you can now search for jobs that are within your chosen job field, book mark them then create time to settle down and tailor your CV and cover letter to the jobs that you are most qualified for.

For instance if you find 10 jobs that are around your job field, you will have to select 2 that you are most qualified for, then use the job descriptions of those 2 to create a good CV and cover letter before applying for the jobs.

5. Search for Jobs at the Right Time and in the Right Places

Job-search has a lot to do with research. According to research there are best times for you to search and apply for jobs than other times to reduce competition.

If you are sending your applications when the competition is less, there is a higher probability that your application may gain more visibility than it would in a more competitive season.

Sending in loads of poor applications doesn't work, I have tried it and it failed, until I started being very intentional and critical about the applications that I send was when I started getting interview invites.

I hope you will try this and thank me later. See full details on how to send fewer applications here.

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Toxic Workplace / Student Is Not An Occupation / Jobs Can A Person Get After A Ceh V10 Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.