Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,869 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:19 AM

Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC (7487 Views)

Purported Error On Tinubu’s Certificate Validates My Discovery – Atiku / My Suspension By Ayu Last Kick Of A Dead Horse — Fayose / Twitter Reacts To Suspension By Nigerian Government, Says It's 'Deeply Concerned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by TheTrueSeeker2: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday validated the suspension of Omoyele Sowore as the National Chairman of the African Action Congress, and Malcom Fabiyi as the Deputy National Chairman.

Delivering judgment, Justice Inyang Ekwo, also affirmed the appointment of Dr. Leonard Nzewa as the Acting National Chairman of the party.

The judge granted all the prayers contained in the suit which was instituted by Nzewa seeking the validation of the decision of the party’s National Executive Committee to suspend Sowore and Fabiyi for six months at its meeting held on March 27, 2019.

Sowore, the publisher of online news medium, Saharareporters, and the party’s presidential candidate for the February 23, 2019 election, was suspended along with Fabiyi and others for allegedly engaging in anti-party activities.

But the judge, in dismissing Sowore and Fabiyi’s objection to the suit, held that they failed to personally depose to the counter-affidavit filed against the suit.

The judge held that the deposition made on their behalf by Dr. John Adeoye “goes to nought” as he was not a party to the suit.

The judge ruled, “It is my opinion that Dr. John Adeoye is not a party in this case and cannot give evidence.

“I find that the evidence of Dr. John Adeoye goes to nought.”

Noting that it was an elementary principle of law that only a party to a case could depose to affidavit evidence in defence of his or her case, the judge ruled that the reasons given by Sowore and his deputy for their inability to depose to the affidavit evidence as untenable.

According to Adeoye, who deposed to the counter-affidavit, both Sowore and Fabiyi were unable to depose to the counter-affidavit personally because they were outside the country when the suit was filed.

But the judge ruled that the reasons given by the defendants showed that they did not take the case seriously.

“Anybody who does not take a suit instituted against him seriously must prepare to bear the brunt of his carelessness,” the judge ruled.

The judge also noted that the Independent National Electoral Commission did not file any defence to the case.

“I find that the evidence of the plaintiff has not been challenged or controverted, I thereby ascribe probative value to it,” the judge ruled.

He added, “On the whole, the case ought to succeed and I so hold.”

He went on to grant all the prayers in the originating summons.

Reacting to our correspondent’s inquiry, Sowore said in a message on Friday, “We’ve commenced the process of appeal already. The judgment won’t stand.”

https://punchng.com/court-validates-sowore-deputys-suspension-by-aac/
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by iCauseTrouble: 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
I just want to use this opportunity to thank Glo network, Xiaomi (Redmi note 7) company and Seun Osewa for providing me the opportunity to be the first to comment. Its an achievement worth celebrating.

5 Likes

Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Kendumazy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
OK. At least, he will have enough time for his publishing.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts are available for sale.
Check link https://www.nairaland.com/5272537/1st-grade-2nd-
grade-3rd
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by gloriaunobi(f): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by RDPMAN: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Okay
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Dpharisee: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Abeg na how many seats this party get for Senate cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by blowjob: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
JUST NOW grin grin grin grin

WHEN DEM RAM NEVER START. grin grin grin

NIGGARIA grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by dhareh: 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Waiting to hear sowore’s response to this wink

1 Like

Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Aktsmith104: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
Tank God election is over. Anybody can hold the post
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by TheTrueSeeker2: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
dhareh:
Waiting to hear sowore’s response to this wink

Reacting to our correspondent’s inquiry, Sowore said in a message on Friday, “We’ve commenced the process of appeal already. The judgment won’t stand.”

2 Likes

Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by lonelydora: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sowore, if he's serious should start now to prepare for 2023 elections. Not few weeks to election, he will boil out from nowhere, and start distracting us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Houstonmon: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
It affects everything. Your phone, your charger, your battery, your mine, your neighbors, etc. Tiger generator is a killer. It also disappoints you when you have important visitor or have important program to watch.stockerhAVEtheynow server
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by nabegibeg: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday validated the suspension of Omoyele Sowore as the National Chairman of the African Action Congress, and Malcom Fabiyi as the Deputy National Chairman.

Delivering judgment, Justice Inyang Ekwo, also affirmed the appointment of Dr. Leonard Nzewa as the Acting National Chairman of the party.

The judge granted all the prayers contained in the suit which was instituted by Nzewa seeking the validation of the decision of the party’s National Executive Committee to suspend Sowore and Fabiyi for six months at its meeting held on March 27, 2019.

Sowore, the publisher of online news medium, Saharareporters, and the party’s presidential candidate for the February 23, 2019 election, was suspended along with Fabiyi and others for allegedly engaging in anti-party activities.

But the judge, in dismissing Sowore and Fabiyi’s objection to the suit, held that they failed to personally depose to the counter-affidavit filed against the suit.

The judge held that the deposition made on their behalf by Dr. John Adeoye “goes to nought” as he was not a party to the suit.

The judge ruled, “It is my opinion that Dr. John Adeoye is not a party in this case and cannot give evidence.

“I find that the evidence of Dr. John Adeoye goes to nought.”

Noting that it was an elementary principle of law that only a party to a case could depose to affidavit evidence in defence of his or her case, the judge ruled that the reasons given by Sowore and his deputy for their inability to depose to the affidavit evidence as untenable.

According to Adeoye, who deposed to the counter-affidavit, both Sowore and Fabiyi were unable to depose to the counter-affidavit personally because they were outside the country when the suit was filed.

But the judge ruled that the reasons given by the defendants showed that they did not take the case seriously.

“Anybody who does not take a suit instituted against him seriously must prepare to bear the brunt of his carelessness,” the judge ruled.

The judge also noted that the Independent National Electoral Commission did not file any defence to the case.

“I find that the evidence of the plaintiff has not been challenged or controverted, I thereby ascribe probative value to it,” the judge ruled.

He added, “On the whole, the case ought to succeed and I so hold.”

He went on to grant all the prayers in the originating summons.

https://punchng.com/court-validates-sowore-deputys-suspension-by-aac/
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by nabegibeg: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
I just want to use this opportunity to thank Glo network, Xiaomi (Redmi note 7) company and Seun Osewa for providing me the opportunity to be the first to comment. Its an achievement worth celebrating.
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by incogni2o: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sowore seems to me to be a small boy in the big boys business vwithout enough swags to beat the big boys
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Kposkila: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Use am build skyscraper
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by AntiWailer: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
imagine
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
See Wetin egbo done cause
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by dhareh: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:

I stand with sowore anyday though, I hope he doesn’t get compromised in anyway because I so much believe in his idea of leadership

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by dheaven: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sowore didnt know the judge will take his absence serious.
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Baroba(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ndị Take it back, it's amazing how things die quickly in Naija..
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by Antoeni(m): 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
Not in SR Headline Let the Fraudster Account for $1million Missing from AAC Treasury.
Re: Court Validates Sowore, Deputy’s Suspension By AAC by femicyrus(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
how come the 3rd forces (olawepo, moghalu, durotoye, duke, fasua etc) are no longer in the news except this sample persistent sowore?

(1) (Reply)

Shettima Gets Humiliated In Owerri, Governor Hope Tries To Intervene & Failed / Fashola Visits Family Of Late Guardian Publisher: Consoler in chief. Pics / Chime Is Now Cancer-free & Will Be In Nigeria Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.