Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter (50324 Views)

“Suspend Chicago University Too”– Atiku Reacts After Benin, Togo Cert Revocation / Funke Olakunrin: Herdsmen React To The Killing Of Afenifere Leader's Daughter / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by martineverest(m): 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
KingOdart:

So just because the media put Herdsmen as the big headline it means it must be herdsmen that carried out the assassination?

How did they know they were herdsmen and not typical kidnappers or Assassin?

what instablog9ja revealed were kidnappers-robbers...they never said they were herdsmen.. bloggers decided to add herdsmen to it

1 Like

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by martineverest(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
dominique:
Sensational journalism at its peak. How did unknown kidnappers automatically turn to herdsmen?
no mind them... instablog9ja said they are kidnappers and robbers..she was the only one killed while others were robbed

1 Like

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Omoslim26: 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
Abfinest007:
So sad sorry for the lost but d yorubas should enjoy eir next level

nna biko u guys shud stop embarrassing igbos wit dis ur cheap tribal bigotry its rili childish common sense shud tel u dat its nt all d yorubas dat voted buhari ur score for dis post na
7/100

2 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by rigarmortis: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
dominique:
Sensational journalism at its peak. How did unknown kidnappers automatically turn to herdsmen?

You don't know that route and the atrocities committed by Fulani herdsmen there daily, which doesn't even make the news. Ask people living in that area. Another route is the ikere route.

This is no joke, cows now come into FUTA farm and eat up crops from school farm and then they fight you if you try to stop them.

There is no need for political correctness here, search for the videos of the Fulani guys caught by hunters commissioned by traditional rulers in Akure few days ago after they had enough.

This is no joke, don't play devils advocate here

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Jetland(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
dominique:

EventuARY, you dunno know what's going on grin grin grin
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by osazsky(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
every criminal is now herdsmen

smh
criminals dont kilo at will, d proper word should b any killer or assassin are herdsmen,,,,wish they were kidnappers,at least she would have been bailed,its either boko boys or herdsmen am certain,c what they did to a women at okada thank God sha both of them were lynched b4 d police arived
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by rigarmortis: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
Omoslim26:

nna biko u guys shud stop embarrassing igbos wit dis ur cheap tribal bigotry its rili childish common sense shud tel u dat its nt all d yorubas dat voted buhari ur score for dis post na
7/100

Exactly. And even of all Yoruba voted for bubu, the menace is.not restricted to a region.

So saying what he said is burying ones head in the sand
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by KanuSE: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
MEGAWATCH:

[s]"SUSPECTED" That's they language they use, BLOCKED HEAD DEFENDER.[/s]

The word 'herdsmen' defeats whatever position you're trying to take. Why use the word anyway if there's no malicious intent or deliberate attempt to mislead the public.

Unknown gun-men would be more appropriate.

At this juncture, you're the blockhead, the empty head. grin

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Yankee101: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
Fulani don buy market

2 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by ivieeseosa: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
Next level ...........................loading
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by osazsky(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
martineverest:
what instablog9ja revealed were kidnappers-robbers...they never said they were herdsmen.. bloggers decided to add herdsmen to it
any kidnapper on d highway are herdsmen,,,,am travelling tomorrow to auchi,they say that road is terrible God help me

1 Like

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by NSK4U(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
isthatso:

fulanis from the North and expansionist settlers from the east. but the propaganda is that it's the fulanis but slowly and surely the ibos are gradually outnumbering Yorubas in their own land and buying up the land.

Dont get carried away or distracted with the fulani propaganda, it is real but it hides the fact that the ibos too are doing the same thing Carving out new territories in the SW....just not in a violent way.

well, since u yourself admitted that Igbos are carving out new territories in a non violent way, I need to remind u dat your Constitution permits it..... Igbos have not committed any crime by legitimately buying and owning land in any part of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Odingo1: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
MYHUBBY:

you called all these imbecilic comments from you blockhead opposing comments? seems you're literally sick

in the first thread that break the news of this woman, I see how you imbeciles were all happy because it happened in Yoruba land. so Buhari didn't get a vote in southeast and south south? why the beef on Yoruba

is it today people have been aligning politically? was it another tribe Igbo aligned with in the last political outing

you people need to grow some sense
Igbos giant are pursuing you in your dreams abi, any person that attack Buhari and herdsmen is Igbo, the people in the middle belt that have been massacred is happy with the herdsmen.

As a Yoruba man wey you be, keep on while your land is under occupation, Ilorin will be a child play.

3 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Salam19: 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2019
If you believe that herdsmen killed her, then u must be a fool in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by osazsky(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2019
KanuSE:

The word 'herdsmen' defeats whatever position you're trying to take. Why use the word anyway if there's no malicious intention.

Unknown gun-men would be more appropriate.

At this juncture, you're the blockhead, the empty head. grin

Nonsense!
these guy nerver see waitin these guys dey do for highway,I pray u dont fall victim sha

3 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by TimmyA: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
No be joke ooo
GuestLog:
3 more years till freedom... Brace yourself!
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by KanuSE: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
osazsky:
these guy nerver see waitin these guys dey do for highway,I pray u dont fall victim sha

Guy? undecided

Are you addressing me?
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by osazsky(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ore and auchi road has been overtaken by herdsmen,especially that auchi road before ekpoma were we have a lot of palm trees,, I nor know where dem dey come out from way police nor fit enter inside d Bush,,,they kidnap ,and start demanding for money within 30min both rich and poor,very violent,if u are not lucky bullet fit meet you, God help me tomorrow tru dat route amen

3 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
It pains my heart to hear such more especially from a region that has sacrificed so much for Mr. President.

Please Mr. president do something about these killings
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by RTSC: 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
Is this how buhari will govern for the next 3 years?
Everybody suspicious of his action.

A government of cows by cows and for cows.

3 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Stillthebest: 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
KanuSE:
So all these killings are done by herdsmen right?

Nigerians are f00ls... walahi!

Olorun... I Wonder how people would vote Buhari back
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Stillthebest: 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
We need a really third force not that charade Obj and Duke started.
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by jrusky(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
KingOdart:

So just because the media put Herdsmen as the big headline it means it must be herdsmen that carried out the assassination?

How did they know they were herdsmen and not typical kidnappers or Assassin?

Bro no need to believe ok just keep looking for excuses to shy away from reality when it hit you badly then you will understand.

You want to be herdsmen apologist carry on bro you hear. This was how it began in Benue and I remember some benue guys came here to say same thing you are saying but before they know they were bleeded like Christmas chicken.

Don't worry ok. Goid luck

1 Like

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
NSK4U:

well, since u yourself admitted that Igbos are carving out new territories in a non violent way, I need to remind u dat your Constitution permits it..... Igbos have not committed any crime by legitimately buying and owning land in any part of Nigeria

I dont deny that but the idea that it is only the north who are expanding is propaganda which the ibos have become good at. The ibos are clearly on a expansionist agenda into the SW. So please spare me the crap about Fulani colonies, the ibos are silently creating colonies in the SW.

If you ask me personally, the ibo expansionism into the SW has a more direct impact on my everyday life than the fulani. Because it is pervasive, I no longer recognise the SW.
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
KanuSE:
So all these killings are done by herdsmen right?

Nigerians are f00ls... walahi!

Your father and your mother are f00ls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Stillthebest: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
stefanbanach:
Yorubas still don't want to believe that the cabal has caught osinbajo looting money, and they are using it as leverage. That is why osinbajo will never speak up against the killings.

Gbam!!! He won't. The Rice Saga... He was rer handedly caught but they kept silent and uses it against him every time. I still doubt this current President is the real Buhari. Buhari that was having tiny fingers, always hard sweater under every dress he wore before election and fell sick to have lived on machine for months suddenly become this healthy and strong with fleshy bones. So if someone is getting old they get fleshy?

3 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by petertamtam6(m): 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
Biafra warming up
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Stillthebest:

Gbam!!! He won't. The Rice Saga... He was rer handedly caught but they kept silent and uses it against him every time. I still doubt this current President is the real Buhari. Buhari that was having tiny fingers, always hard sweater under every dress he wore before election and fell sick to have lived on machine for months suddenly become this healthy and strong with fleshy bones. So if someone is getting old they get fleshy?
Don't talk to Nigerians about it. They'll tag you IPOB. Nigerians are experts at deceiving themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by KingOdart(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
jrusky:

Bro no need to believe ok just keep looking for excuses to shy away from reality when it hit you badly then you will understand.

You want to be herdsmen apologist carry on bro you hear. This was how it began in Benue and I remember some benue guys came here to say same thing you are saying but before they know they were bleeded like Christmas chicken.

Don't worry ok. Goid luck

This still doesn't change the fact that not all the crime were really committed by herdsmen
Re: Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter by richie240: 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
Justiceleague1:

Guy, Google punch newspaper and see for yourself.
Try and spread your tentacles, just don't cool your arsse on a spot.

@legometahuman and mod Dominique

Why do u and ur ilks (out of d usual hate, bile and bitterness) always expect and spread evil/falsehood.

https://punchng.com/breaking-suspected-herdsmen-kill-daughter-of-afenifere-chairman-fasoranti/
This is d punch u quoted:

BREAKING NEWS
Suspected herdsmen kill daughter of Afenifere chairman, Fasoranti
Published

July 12, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, says it has received information that Mrs. Funke Olakunrin, daughter of Afenifere chairman, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, has been killed by persons suspected to be herdsmen.

The spokesman for Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said this in a terse message sent to The PUNCH on Friday.

According to Odumakin, the 58-year-old woman was heading to Ore Junction from Akure, Ondo State, when she was attacked and shot by the herdsmen.

SEE ALSO: How I grew from employee to entrepreneur —Nigerian jollof rice seller in New York

He said, “We have confirmed the death of Mrs. Funke Olakunrin (58), daughter of our leader, Chief Fasoranti.

“Eyewitness accounts say she died of gunshots from Fulani herdsmen who shot her at Ore junction in Ondo State earlier today.

“She was coming from Akure when the armed Fulani herdsmen came from the bush to attack her
July 12, 2019
Success Nwogu, Abuja

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the February 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar, on Friday condemned the killing of Mrs Funke Olakunrin, daughter of the Chairman of Afenifere, Chief Reuben Fasoranti by suspected herdsmen.

Atiku on his Facebook post said the death is one too many, adding that the Federal Government should stem the growing insecurity in the country.

He also called on security agencies to fish out the killers and bring them to book.

He condoled with Pa Faroranti, his family and members of Afenifere.

Atiku wrote, “I condemn, in the strongest possible term, the killing of Mrs Funke Olakunrin, daughter of Chief Reuben Fasoranti, the Chairman of Afenifere. This is one death too many. I call on the security

services to initiate a speedy and thorough investigation to bring her killers to book and stem the epidemic of insecurity on our land.

1. It is not proved DT the kidnappers were herdsmen, hence the 'suspected' term. The ozubulu massacre readily comes to mind: ur ilks initially alleged that d herdsmen did d killings until it was later found out DT it was a 'dog - eat - dog" scenario ie, d killing were carried out by the ozubulu inigines (in 'diaspora') over drug dealings.

2. Let's even assume d herdsmen hatched d job, was it specifically targeted at her or she happened to be unfortunate to be traveling when they struck?

3. Again, let's assume it was done by d herdsmen. Their killings/kidnapping knows no tribe. They are known to wreck havoc along their paths be it in d north/northerners or south/southerners.

Let not ur follow-come hate cloud ur sense of reasoning.

martineverest:
the other reliable news I heard was kidnappers and robbers...they never said they were herdsmen...she was the only one killed amongst several people that were robbed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) / Photos From Rauf Aregbesola's Son's Wedding In Abuja / EFCC Seals Fayose’s Property In Ado-ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.