Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? (34576 Views)

University Of Ibadan Law Student Rapes 100-level Colleague On Campus / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / DELSU 100 Level Students Seen Undergoing Matriculation Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2019
LAUSUG15:
My brother,its better u get that third class first and then go for jupeb program which is for six months and gain admission into 200 level in any university of your choice. Thats my little advice.

Sorry, which program is this and how is it done?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Judeosho(m): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2019
ladiesreject:

Wole Soyinka did not graduate with a 3rd class, it's a fallacy.
very true, it was an error from me
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by rayzar(m): 11:47am On Jul 13, 2019
Samuels90:

Lol..
It means he is not ready to get a degree then.
Cos with Idoko my guys still grad with good grades.
So Idoko can't b d prob wink
True Sha
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Egemeole: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

Mind you am in my mid 20s with no achievement or any money making skills.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,
What you should do is first finish this one present and then enrolle for 2nd degree program
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by NettyNelly(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
Bro I think you can take your time out from school. work, learn a skill , fall and rise again outside the school walls, it will help your mindset then go back to school if you still wish to. You will do so much different from your former, cause you have seen the difference n you will know how to steer ur life beta. Or you might not even want to go back to school, If your new skill synch with ur passion.
Note: ur degree does not sum up who you really are. Real success is Neva achieved in school
Touché
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Ugosample(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,

whatever you do

PLEASE finish your first program
no matter the grade you finish with

there is still PGD to correct things before moving to masters
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Ugosample(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
Egemeole:
What you should do is first finish this one present and then enrolle for 2nd degree program

OP please do this
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Lordtunji(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
Commentor:
Much better as long as you go in with full dedication.

Your experience should help.

Some would discourage you but I can tell you that 5 years is really nothing in the grand scheme of things.

God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Ugosample(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
Techcrunchng:
My man, a bird in hand is better than 9 in forest, since you are almost done with the first degree try and grab the certificate irrespective of the grade.

With third class you can apply for a one year PGD after which you can do your master's degree to solidify your certification, or better still, you can go for a second degree after the first degree.

Don't waste the certificate you struggled for 5 years because of third class which can take you to high places.
Besides, some that graduated with first class haven't gotten good paying jobs, try and acquire some skills, develop your entrepreneaurial skill and the sky will be your limit.

OP Tweak2k

please take this advice

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by stanliwiser: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
I want you to list what you think would be wrong if you do start all over again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by edward1984(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Enter a 5-year course so that you will finish at the age of 30+. Abi you wan kill yourself for NYSC?
But do you want to waste money. The federal Government has been paying 200K+ for your tuition fees for 5 years now!

You sent me an email earlier!!! Resend me here edeboy2002@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Ugosample(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
Charleys:
Guy write jamb again, use geography and economics and enter economics.

You'll be In BSC ECONOMICS.
I'm sure it's the maths in computer science that's making you fail.

This is the real tweak2k right there, but but you shouldn't have waited that long.

Let him aroll finish this program still
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Charleys: 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ugosample:

Let him aroll finish this program still

Guy time dey go, na your mates for school dey tell you to wait and finish but the truth is it's time to move. Make him move.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by amofah1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

thanks 24 actually...
I’m also 24 and would be starting 100l in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY by September...its not a big deal I think because I completed shs in 2013 and I've been battling with admission all this while. But one thing I'll advise is to get something doing that'll get u money alongside schooling.(U could be a salesboy if possible)

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Ugosample(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Charleys:

Guy time dey go, na your mates for school dey tell you to wait and finish but the truth is it's time to move. Make him move.

my mates for school?

are you referring to me cheesy grin cheesy

If he does not finisg that program
he has succeeded in wasting 5 years of your life

Better get your degree, you are in year 5

assuming you were in year 2
I would have advised you go
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by chukwuoke(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards, Guy continue with ur present course then round it up in ur master.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Uchennachizua: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

I need more info please
I'm in unn. Its 4years and Post ume and stuff will be around August
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Lens101: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ejebleje:
Tweak2k

I can tell that you had a very bad foundation educationally, pre-university and it has shown in coming to the fore now.
I can tell you struggled with your core subjects , and even tho’ you have the desire to do I.T, you don’t have a solid background in science subjects.

You missed it the moment you went for “special center” instead of addressing your deficiencies before entering the university.
(Please correct me if any of my submissions are wrong)

I however feel there is a way out . Go for a “less demanding “ course that’s not necessarily science related, start well( sound 100 l results) and continue with zeal until your final year.

When you’re out of uni, pick an area of I.t you’re interested in, and that matches your areas of strength, look for good computer schools and start learning at your own pace. This way, you’re not burdened with the extraneous courses you would’ve done in the university, for which you really were not prepared for .BUT , from here on , it has to be certifications , certifications , certifications .

A number of excellent programmers didn’t study computer science in school, though most were already Science inclined

On the flip side , a university degree doesn’t buy you success in today’s world. A combination of hard work , being smart and highly opportunistic does.
As one of the posters above suggested, you can go learn a technical skill of your choice and continue to hone it, till it becomes marketable.

Now isn’t the time for self pity and self loathing , if things aren’t working out for you, go and work things out. Good a thing you’re still in your 20’s .

op listen to this advice keenly. you will look back and smile soon. the deed is done. what you need is to move on and plan ahead. tell your parent or any member of the family on time about the issue.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Charleys: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ugosample:

my mates for school?

are you referring to me cheesy grin cheesy

If he does not finisg that program
he has succeeded in wasting 5 years of your life

Better get your degree, you are in year 5

assuming you were in year 2
I would have advised you go

Advised him to go... All I understand you now but why did he wait for that long.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by hustla(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

I will later but I need a degree 1st

Im saying a degree isnt compulsory
If u have money , u can head to cyprus or Ghana though
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Shezzman: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Was once a victim... U too can pull through cos I pulled through...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Brainboxfid(f): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Techcrunchng:
My man, a bird in hand is better than 9 in forest, since you are almost done with the first degree try and grab the certificate irrespective of the grade.

With third class you can apply for a one year PGD after which you can do your master's degree to solidify your certification, or better still, you can go for a second degree after the first degree.

Don't waste the certificate you struggled for 5 years because of third class which can take you to high places.
Besides, some that graduated with first class haven't gotten good paying jobs, try and acquire some skills, develop your entrepreneaurial skill and the sky will be your limit.
you had better follow this advice.. you can't just waste 5years na..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by godwinony(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
bukas15:
are there hopes for 2:2 graduates??

To tell you the truth, almost all my ex coursemates that made that 2:2 grade diverged from the field entirely..the job market is extremely competitive and almost exclusive to 2:1 and 1:1 holders. Me wey get 2:1 sef, I no dey use am work for my field cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by biggy26: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
Guy, collect your third class with pride, you worked for it, it's yours! Go learn good and relevant skills in the tech area you like, gather experience by doing projects. Become relevant in your field and move on with life. When you make money, you can even go to Harvard to study.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by whizdame(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
U will enter as a direct entry student instead of three years u will use two for more info DM me
bukas15:
pls how possible is that??
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by creativethumb: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
It's not an easy place you are currently in right now. Here s my advice: Finish the one you are currently doing, at worst you could come out with a 3rd class. Then after NYSC service, come back to do a Post Graduate Studies to upgrade your grade and while you are doing all this you can also take IT courses to upgrade your tech skills

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by pendulet01: 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
Yes if u don't want to regret ur life start all over again . U cyant say because u have gone in the wrong direction too far u can't turn back else u won't get to destination . Learn ur new skills while u start from 100level

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by mamatwiny(f): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladiesreject:

Am interested in the sites please

Www.cybrary.com....ccna preparation as well as some other security courses are free. Just search for free courses.

https://developer.ibm.com/africa/ everything is free here. They are trying to develop Africa on emerging technologies. From artificial intelligence to coding, to data science, storage, iot , you name it.

Www.edx.com
Www.coursera.com ( just google coursera, not sure if it is .com or dot org).

There is another one I just forgot, they train for as low as 10$ during their promos.

When you are done and you have the right skills, submit your CV at
Www.vanhack.com and attend interviews and get hired. You will start smelling foreign currency.

Remember to come back and sow your first fruit offering to me. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
sulasa07:

U fit go FUNAAB,Computer Science/Studies is 4yrs,but don't forget to add Strike and other wuruwuru making it 5yrs.Plus their fee no Much but to get into that Computer Department is the real problem

Problem kie?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

"I want you to go to a university so that u can get your degree, but more important, I want you to return with an education"
1. Do u want to fulfill your dream on being a first class computer science graduate? then re-write Jamb and waste 4 more years.
2. Your family don't give 2 Bleep wateva u study, as long as u use it to succeed.
Even if its a fourth class degree , if u have what a company needs they will worship you. The world is digital, research on "Coursera", they operate an online school kind of thing. In about 6 months, u would master what a lot of ignorant students used 4-5 yrs of their life to study its useless theoretical aspect. Even better, they would award u a worldwide recognized degree far better than this your shitty university degree. The Icing on this online school is , you can maneuver your ways and learn for free!!!

I know coursera there important courses are mostly paid. Even computer science is paid..
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by dejavuh0007(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
your story sound familiar. Elijah! is that u?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
grandstar:

The mistake you're making is that you feel your degree or your result will dictate your future. It need not.

If there are people who didn't go to school are doing well, why not you?

I'm glad you came here to seek advice. The Bible says in the multitude of counsellors, there is accomplishment.

Why don't you add a skill like Oracle to compliment your computer science degree? You can learn how to design landing pages and advertise on Fiverr.com. You can make over $1,000 monthly from it if your price is cheap.

You can also go for Masters. Added to your degree, it can take you pkaces

Am on fiverr haven't earned much duo. This Oracle courses you talk of how do I go about it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OSUN Writes JAMB To Delist It's Four Tertiary Institutions / Pastor Charles Esimone, UNIZIK Vice Chancellor - Picture / Police Detained Me For Buying Pregnancy Test Kit & Contraceptives - MAPOLY Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.