Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Messengers Of The Claypot - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Messengers Of The Claypot (751 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messengers Of The Claypot by Divepen1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
In 21 days, Timi had gone from being a good church girl to tasting her first bottle of alcohol, to trying her first cigar, to going to a club, and becoming deflowered. Or should we say the order happened backward?
Her calamity started the night she was deflowered. Ige, her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend, coaxed her to let give up her most prized virginity. She heeded him and true to his words, she really had pleasure and didn’t bother about the pain that followed. That night, she left his place with tears streaming down, not out of sadness but with a heart of joy.
He did love her and had proven it numerously. So, it became strange that the next few days, she saw his Whatsapp presence as ‘Online’ but he was refusing to chat her up. This was after they had talked on the phone and he lamented about the way he allowed her to go. He felt he should have prevented her from leaving so he could sit across her and adore till they both grow old and the soil packed their decayed body.
‘I think…’ Timi said and gritted in her hostel.
Kenny, her roommate, glanced at her from her phone. She was always naked and would still have to rush to wear something whenever anyone knocked on their door. Their floor mates were used to her and were careful enough to knock every time.
Kenny rolled-over on the bed. ‘Are you sure you’re fine?’
Timi nodded. Kenny sat up, and Timi had to look away, disgusted.
‘You should cover this table mat,’ Timi grumbled.
‘You say what?’
‘Get dressed. Yuck!’
‘I’m wearing my skin. I don’t need animal on my body’.
Timi glanced away and stared at her phone. She was used to it. She expected that Ige will be wise enough to see that she missed him and saw him online. But the idiot wasn’t sending her message. Now, she understood that he was playing her. They called him the grandfather of the players but her naivety had plunged her into his rocking arm. Now, she was on a landslide.
‘You were saying something before you began admiring my body,’ Kenny asked, batting her fixed eyelashes.
‘I don’t know… I’ve been played…’
‘By a boy? That grandfather of players?’
Timi hesitated and nodded.
‘Well, tell me what you feel. You know I’m the real g. All these holy holy things you do will not save you’.
‘My virginity…?’
‘Sex? He wants to have sex with you? All these boys that’s what they want. Give him…’
‘I did. But now, he’s always online, but he won’t have my time’.
‘Hmmm… The player has deflowered you!’ Kenny yelled.
Timi scrambled out of bed and covered her mouth. She strained her ear to listen for any reaction from their floormate. When she was sure the ground was free, she released Kenny.
‘Keep your cool.’
‘Babe… Welcome to the party’, Kenny hailed.
Timi narrated her fear to Kenny and, after a while, Kenny helped her own up to the truth.
‘You know. I know. We both know. He’s a cheat’, Kenny announced. Timi knew but couldn’t just bring herself to accept the truth.
Now that she had eaten the sour grape, she had to deal with her edgy teeth. Thus, she prepared her mind for any eventualities. One day, she confronted Ige with her fear.
‘C’ mon. We can’t be talking all day and most of the time…’
‘Oh! We can’t be talking all day. Why then are we dating? What are you saying? Just tell me… Let me know if I’m not… Don’t you want to be my Bf anymore?’
‘With this attitude, I’d have to consider it,’ Ige replied, and that became their first official fight. She couldn’t take her mind off it. So, when Kenny presented her with the opportunity to party, she couldn’t turn it down.
It was at this party, she had her first taste of alcohol, cigar, and had her first taste of drainage water. On the way home, she stumbled into the drainage, and that caused an uproar among the ladies she went with. Many of them laughed their heart out with tears greasing their hand. She wept as she knew she would surely give in to another guy very soon.
However, as soon as she rose from the gutter water, she noticed something strange. The people around her were more than those she came out of the club with. These new people now wore white gowns. She rubbed her eyes, and when she couldn’t comprehend it, she pointed at them.
‘Who are those?’
Everyone with her rolled over laughing with tears. She assumed she was hallucinating until the next day. When she got up, she saw these people. Only that this time, they were two. She yelled and jumped off her lying position.
‘I still see those people,’ she shouted.
Kenny roused out of her sleep, stared at her for a while, and returned to sleep. ‘Hangover.’
Timi was too scared to yell again. These people were carrying clay pots. The one beside Kenny carried a new clay pot while Timi’s own was broken to half.
‘Who are you?’ Timi muttered.
‘Shut up!’ Kenny moaned and covered her ears with a pillow.
‘We are the guardian of virginity,’ replied to the person beside her. ‘We carry goodness with us in this pot. Your pot was broken by the man that is not your husband. But if he eventually marries you, the pot will be mended. Yet, the scar will be there’.
‘You’re lying. Why is Kenny’s pot new?’
‘Because she’s still a virgin!!!’
‘You’re lying!’ Timi raged.
‘Keep shut!’ Kenny yelled and jumped out of bed. ‘Reduce your volume.’
‘You’re a virgin!’
Kenny swallowed hard and looked about and at Timi’s phone. ‘Who told you? How did you know?’
Timi slumped into her bed. ‘Oh! God!’
‘You people are all lying,’ she screamed.
‘Please, we will deal with this later,’ Kenny said and crashed into the bed again.
‘No, we are not lying,’ replied the person with her. ‘That’s why she’s always favored.’
‘I’m a Christian. I should get better ones’.
‘Well, this is a principle of God and life. We just act on our roles. Other messengers are doing his bidding. They also share their own portion of favor and goodness’.
She rose and looked about. ‘So, I must marry that stupid idiot.’
She grabbed her phone and sent him a message.
‘He’s still online. Reply me… Idiot’, she lamented and turned towards the messenger. ‘How come I’m the only one seeing you? What if I don’t marry this idiot’?
‘Well, I don’t know. But I can assure you that your pot will be broken when you meet a new man or even this man. But this man gives you the chance to have it restored with few scars around it’.
‘Get out!’ She yelled.
‘Ohohoh! Keep it low!’ Kenny yelled.
‘As to why you? The divine saw your tears in the gutter and counted you worthy of having a glimpse of what you miss if you continue this path’.
Although it took a while for her to get used to it, she finally discovered that many people- male and female- have just a few pieces of their pots left. Later, she discovered that Ige’s was always in reading through people’s Whatsapp status instead of actually replying real messages. This revelation, coupled with that from the messengers made her start a sex education program called’ Remaining On-Line.’

Inspired by Ikoko Akufo- Beautiful Nubia

Day3/90

3 Likes

Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Ann2012(f): 11:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by HisGrace0000001(m): 1:47am On Jul 13, 2019
hmm.. ikoko akufo. Not what I expected, but still great! Nice work.
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Divepen1(m): 5:47am On Jul 13, 2019
HisGrace0000001:
hmm..
ikoko akufo.
Not what I expected, but still great!
Nice work.
Thanks. The story was about to take over and proceed to a novel but I had to cut it short.
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Divepen1(m): 5:47am On Jul 13, 2019
Ann2012:
Interesting
Thanksssss
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by queenitee(f): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
This is, I don't know, so very beautiful, many things in one, thank you, God bless you
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by HisGrace0000001(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
Divepen1:
Thanks. The story was about to take over and proceed to a novel but I had to cut it short.
Lol
good
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Devilpen(m): 11:19am On Jul 15, 2019
Thanks for this.... I had to make sure my lil sis had to read it over and over again... so she knows her university freedom isnt something to take with levity.... Thanks a million Sir...
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Divepen1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
Devilpen:
Thanks for this.... I had to make sure my lil sis had to read it over and over again... so she knows her university freedom isnt something to take with levity.... Thanks a million Sir...
Wawu... Thanks for showing her this..It means a lot to see my work shared..
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Divepen1(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
queenitee:
This is, I don't know, so very beautiful, many things in one, thank you, God bless you
Thanks oo. Amen
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by phoenixchap: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
Slide in on the low
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by skyblueking(m): 11:55am On Jul 17, 2019
The boss is at it again...
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by ernestita3(m): 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
wow, u r up again, I pray I should have a save landing oooooo
Re: Messengers Of The Claypot by Divepen1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
ernestita3:
wow, u r up again, I pray I should have a save landing oooooo
Amen oo
phoenixchap:
Slide in on the low
I hail you sir..
skyblueking:
The boss is at it again...
I'm honoured oo

(1) (Reply)

Any Complete Supernatural Story You Can Recommend? / A Billion Stars Can’t Amount To You / Sign Up To Get This Novel Published

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.