Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. (1338 Views)

Check Out Audi E-tron 50 Quattro Electric SUV , Lighter & Cheaper / PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem / Over Heating Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by Dremovre: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
Audi a4 quattro 2001 v6 engine, automatic transmission.
The timing belt cut off and the valve bent. The cylinder was worked upon and the gasket was replaced but ever since the car has been over heating once it is in traffic for too long but will get back to normal once the road is free.
I've changed the fan.
I've changed the water pump
I'm bid to flush the radiator but I am not sure if it will stop this persistent problem.
Pls I need experts who can help solve this!

Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by uboma(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
Once the factory fitted gasket has blown, you either get OEM replacement or you replace the engine.

Anything asides these will be simply be wasting money same way as water gets drained out faster when poured into a basket.

1 Like

Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by Dremovre: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
How can one get OEM replacement and cost
uboma:
Once the factory fitted gasket has blown, you either get OEM replacement or you replace the engine.

Anything asides these will be simply be wasting money same way as water gets drained out faster when poured into a basket.
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by autologic: 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
Dremovre:
Are u not tired of wasting money by this parts throwing ? Haven't u heard of diagnosis before ?
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by sultaan(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
If it is only doing it on traffic your problem might be easy, either the fan is not working or the radiator find are too dirty, but first see if the fan comes on when needle gats to the middle then if you put a nylon bag in front of the radiator you check to see if the bag is sucked into the radiator or blown away from the radiator. When you are driving on the highway there is enough air flowing through the front of the engine to keep engine cool but not when in traffic. Next time car is getting hot open window and turn heat on up to maximum

1 Like

Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by uboma(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
Dremovre:

Look up Amazon or Ebay
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by Lexusgs430: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2019
Dremovre:
The timing belt cut off and the valve bent. The cylinder was worked upon and the gasket was replaced but ever since the car has been over heating once it is in traffic for too long but will get back to normal once the road is free.
I've changed the fan.
I'm bid to flush the radiator but I am not sure if it will stop this persistent problem.

My simple solution....... Buy a better replacement engine (ensure timing belt on new engine is professionally installed......

Take off vital part from your old engine and scrap..........

1 Like

Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by Dremovre: 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
The two fans are working, even had to get a bigger fan but I've not flushed the radiator vents perhaps if I do this maybe
sultaan:
If it is only doing it on traffic your problem might be easy, either the fan is not working or the radiator find are too dirty, but first see if the fan comes on when needle gats to the middle then if you put a nylon bag in front of the radiator you check to see if the bag is sucked into the radiator or blown away from the radiator. When you are driving on the highway there is enough air flowing through the front of the engine to keep engine cool but not when in traffic. Next time car is getting hot open window and turn heat on up to maximum
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by Lexusgs430: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
sultaan:

With driver inside the car, beside the car or on top of the car?.... cheesy
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by ruby360: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
The solution is simple.

Go and check for leaks where compression test is done. Check all supply and return hose are ok.You will find the answer.

If your radiator is dirty. Flush and bleed before adding coolant
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by sultaan(m): 2:37am On Jul 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

With driver inside the car, beside the car or on top of the car?.... cheesy

It is a lot cheaper than the options he has now
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:01am On Jul 15, 2019
Dremovre:
I've changed the fan.

was the car bleed properly ? aka removing air bubbles from coolant system ? very soon younwill blown your headgasket again
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by Lexusgs430: 3:04am On Jul 15, 2019
sultaan:

In very very hot humid weather + traffic + heater on full blast.........

It would feel like sauna........ A tan is a guaranteed outcome + migraine (i think).......
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by uboma(m): 5:53am On Jul 15, 2019
sultaan:

How is what your advised in quote "Next time car is getting hot open window and turn heat on up to maximum" going to resolve the overheating issue?
Re: Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. by jceesquare(m): 6:04am On Jul 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

In very very hot humid weather + traffic + heater on full blast.........

It would feel like sauna........ A tan is a guaranteed outcome + migraine (i think).......
If the windows are down and the vent pointing outside and away from his face he would be fine. Besides that's the cheapest way to get the temperature down as fast as possible without damage to his engine.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2008 For Sale / Help Me Choose Between 2010 Acura TSX Vs 2010 Camry SE / Help My Car Dealer Is Trying To Fleece Me .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.